Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

This week.

Former Pompey midfielder Alan McLoughlin thanked the Fratton faithful after his Q&A evening was a roaring success.

Around 300 fans turned up at the Victory Bar on Monday night for the event, which also doubled up as an opportunity to buy his new autobiography.

I bet his next book will have some interesting stuff on the Trust!

This week.

Former Pompey midfielder Alan McLoughlin thanked the Fratton faithful after his Q&A evening was a roaring success.

Around 300 fans turned up at the Victory Bar on Monday night for the event, which also doubled up as an opportunity to buy his new autobiography.

I bet his next book will have some interesting stuff on the Trust!

I think it would have made even better reading if he had published after adding a chapter on his dismissal as first team coach: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/macca-leaves-pompey-1-6457718

PST AGM Motion 1:

Motion by shareholders that are in the Portsmouth Football Club Anorak Brigade (PFCAB)

[That] the PFCAB is concerned that the Pompey Supporters' Trust shareholding has fallen to approximately 48% from an overall majority at the outset of taking control of the club. While we understand that this does not necessarily have a material impact at the present time, we are concerned about the trend.

We call on the Pompey Supporters' Trust Board to investigate options to;

(a) return the Trust to a minimum 51% shareholding and to put in structures to ensure that this remains in place permanently,

And,

(b) put in place safeguards and/or governance structures that ensure that no decisions can be taken on outside investment or other major governance issues without the approval of the Pompey Supporters' Trust Board through its Shareholders.

PFCAB members who are shareholders would be pleased to serve on any committee that was setup to look at this motion

PST AGM Motion 2:

This Society notes that a highly successful share issue enabled Portsmouth Supporters' Trust (PST), with other investors, to acquire ownership of our football club.

We note that at the time of our 2013 AGM, PST owned a shareholding of over 59% in our club. However, previous owners left a legacy of urgent tasks which required funding and that the funding of these tasks has resulted in PST’s shareholding being diluted;

As the further development of our club will require significant funds, this AGM instructs the PST Board;

(a) to prepare a report for next year’s AGM outlining options to fund future capital projects and what benefits there would be to PST of seeking to re-secure a majority shareholding.

How many more times do they have to be told that they're not "shareholders"? They made a donation to the club. Nothing more, nothing less. :mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

PST AGM Motion 3:

This society is deeply concerned that Portsmouth Community Football Club has failed to give any information to Pompey Supporters’ Trust regarding the continued absence of Portsmouth forward player, David Connolly.

In 2013, the manager at that time, Guy Whittingham signed the former international player on a two year playing contract and David Connolly was also assisting the coaching team in 2013.

(a) as a shareholder :mcinnes: and a member of Pompey Supporters’ Trust, I call upon the Portsmouth Community Football Club board to give a written explanation of the reason for David Connolly’s lengthy absence while still receiving his wages.

And,

(b) I call upon Portsmouth Community Football Club Board to provide greater transparency in matters concerning our club.

:lol:

At least they admit that they are not fan-owned, in fact, not even half fan-owned.

And they are looking for significant outside investment, while increasing their own percentage.

Good luck with that.

I think the only way they can do that is to go to a loan shark.

Again.

How many more times do they have to be told that they're not "shareholders"? They made a donation to the club. Nothing more, nothing less. :mcinnes:

This is the Supporter's Trust AGM not the football club AGM. As those of us that follow this thread know, the football club is a completely separate entity from the supporter's trust. I think they are shareholders in the trust, and the trust is a minority shareholder in the football club. That doesn't make them shareholders in the football club though.

They won't be entitled to attend the Football Club AGM if they ever get round to having one.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-cruel-handling-of-a-pompey-hero-1-6457802

[h=1]The cruel handling of a Pompey hero[/h]

Alan McLoughlin voiced his opinion on why Jed Wallace is presently more effective on the right-hand side of midfield.

He revealed his frustration at the wretched away form – and pinpointed a potential solution.

The room listened, around 300 supporters drinking every delicious word.

Barely 60 hours later and the man affectionately known as Macca had left Pompey.

Monday was a night dripping in nostalgia as fans packed the Victory Lounge to be privy to the Blues legend’s Q&A event.

McLoughlin also sold 131 copies of his new autobiography – A Different Shade of Green – patiently signing every single book thrust onto the table he was sat beside.

:mcinnes:

Must have taken a lot of patience to sign his name 131 times...

"Drinking in every delicious word" is vintage retch-making Allen

This is the Supporter's Trust AGM not the football club AGM. As those of us that follow this thread know, the football club is a completely separate entity from the supporter's trust. I think they are shareholders in the trust, and the trust is a minority shareholder in the football club. That doesn't make them shareholders in the football club though.

They won't be entitled to attend the Football Club AGM if they ever get round to having one.

Yeah, I noticed that they make the distinction between Trust shareholders and club "shareholders" in the agenda, but its still littered with references to the Trust and individuals being "shareholders" of the club.

Edited by trousers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-cruel-handling-of-a-pompey-hero-1-6457802

[h=1]The cruel handling of a Pompey hero[/h]

Alan McLoughlin voiced his opinion on why Jed Wallace is presently more effective on the right-hand side of midfield.

He revealed his frustration at the wretched away form – and pinpointed a potential solution.

The room listened, around 300 supporters drinking every delicious word.

Barely 60 hours later and the man affectionately known as Macca had left Pompey.

Monday was a night dripping in nostalgia as fans packed the Victory Lounge to be privy to the Blues legend’s Q&A event.

McLoughlin also sold 131 copies of his new autobiography – A Different Shade of Green – patiently signing every single book thrust onto the table he was sat beside.

:mcinnes:

Must have taken a lot of patience to sign his name 131 times...

"Drinking in every delicious word" is vintage retch-making Allen

McLoughlin and his faithful blue clipboard – which certainly never left his side during pre-season

FFS :lol: :mcinnes:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2125408.aspx?

Portsmouth Football Club have noted the recent speculation regarding the backroom staff at the club.

At this stage, it would be totally inappropriate to comment on the future of any individual employed by the club.

The board have been in discussions with Andy Awford for several weeks about the restructuring of his backroom team.

These discussions are ongoing and once they have been concluded, the club will make a further statement.

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2125408.aspx#C9vohuzJzQzrm1qw.99

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2125408.aspx?

Portsmouth Football Club have noted the recent speculation regarding the backroom staff at the club.

At this stage, it would be totally inappropriate to comment on the future of any individual employed by the club.

The board have been in discussions with Andy Awford for several weeks about the restructuring of his backroom team.

These discussions are ongoing and once they have been concluded, the club will make a further statement.

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/portsmouth-football-club-statement-2125408.aspx#C9vohuzJzQzrm1qw.99

In other words, he has been sacked and we are looking to appoint someone in his place...

I'm not getting this at all.

"The club" are owned by the fans. So how come the owners of "the club" are in the dark until "the club" make a further statement? Why are they withholding information from themselves?

Either you're a co-owner of the club or your not, surely?

report2lead522-966434.jpg

"Ours" my arse

I'm not getting this at all.

"The club" are owned by the fans. So how come the owners of "the club" are in the dark until "the club" make a further statement? Why are they withholding information from themselves?

Either you're a co-owner of the club or your not, surely?

report2lead522-966434.jpg

"Ours" my arse

They just need to add a "Y" at the front

How can they still think that they have shares in anything relevant?

How can they think that they own anything other than a virtual sheet of A4?

Are people really that gullible?

It's a serious question for any visitors from the east, please, tell us why any ordinary fans believe that they really have shares, influence or ownership? Go on, seriously, explain....please!

They donated cash to assist property developers to save their club - nice, worthy, well done.

They then put inexperienced people in charge, who predictably, made poor appointments.

Chaos ensued.

ad lib and fade...

Paul Walsh knows.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/hero-s-scathing-attack-after-macca-exit-1-6459743

Also all over his twitter. The few don't like the truth and suddenly he's becoming a zero.

I suggest that woodhouse consults a dictionary and check the definition of a hero.

Collins English Dictionary Essentials states:-

Hero n 1) the principal male character in a novel, play etc.

2) a man of exceptional courage, nobility, etc.

3) a man who is idealized for having superior qualities in any field.

I think that, with the superior qualities on the field that is Fratton Park, Paul Walsh meets the description - Hero

The Portsmouth hero>zero>villain swingometer in full swing, as it were

Edited by Waterside.saint

That is beautifully scathing.

It certainly is!

I love the skate comments underneath as well, the majority 'backing the board'. Apparently they are loving the open and honest, transparent relationship that now exists!

Did they ever get round to filing any annual accounts or have they just made an announcement that they will make an announcement at some future date, knowing that the thick skates will forget what the announcement was supposed to be about!

How is the forensic investigation of the old - or is it old, old? - club getting on? It must be finished by now surely? Has it been published? Will it ever be published?

I also love that one of the skates has genuinely compared them to being as transparent as a bathroom window, which apparently was a compliment!

Paul Walsh knows.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/hero-s-scathing-attack-after-macca-exit-1-6459743

Also all over his twitter. The few don't like the truth and suddenly he's becoming a zero.

is it just me or does Ched Evans seem like an ideal candidate for recruitment for a L2 team?? I dont care about his past, if anyone tried to tell me there arent other pro footballers without a criminal past, they are very much deluded!!! Marlon King, Joey Barton, James Tompkins, Stan Collmore, Gazza and the list goes on. Sign Ched Evans and watch the goals pour in. My main concern is AA, I really do not think he has the tactical nous to be a top flight manager, and PFC cant afford to give him time to 'learn'

To be honest, I think Walsh comes across as something of a dinosaur.

It's the Redknapp old pro's mentality that only those who have played professionally know anything about football and wealthy people should just give their money willingly to football clubs and ask no questions.

No doubt there is an element of truth in some of what he says, but as long as it continues the internecine warfare, who cares.

Incidentally, Walsh is described in The News as "The p****y Hall of Famer."

Where is this Hall of Fame? Is it housed in a grand, impressive building with a Palladian facade and bedecked with statuary and portraits of heroes?

Or is it a few newspaper clippings hung in a toilet?

It's just that when you talk of a Hall of Famer, the assumption is there is an actual hall of fame.

neil allen getting all upset on twitter that no one from sondico returned, calls or emails.

Check out the strap line of the picture....... it epitomises, pompey, neil allen and the football club to a tee.

Pompey fans were this seasons shirt with pride.

Not that I could give a flying ****, but if a 10 year old spelt that, you would still laugh

Even by Allen's standards this is an astonishingly meaningless paragraph.

"The handiwork of Reggie’s paternal granddad and an avid Reds follower, much to the frustration of his Pompey-supporting parents and, of course, Fulcher."

Also is the 'Sondinlo' thing funny in a way I'm not getting?

Seems like the penny is starting to drop (insert own Splash! joke here) regarding the amateurishness of their set-up. Pretty sure some folk on here red-flagged the Sondico partnership at the time, but to be honest all the Cassandra moments in this thread just merge into one giant WE TOLD YOU SO...

Just seen on Twitter that they have a celebrity visitor on Thursday , the Wealsdon Raider is appearing at a skate night club . " what a ****ole" " you've got no fansss, " you've got no ground and are are a bunch of w anchors " . I couldn't think of anywhere more suitable for his new venture into personal appearances.

For those asking about the Hall of Fame, I have witnessed it, with my own eyes....

It's basically a wall of Poundland frames with pictures of old players in them, randomly hung slightly skew whiff for added drama - and each legend is accompanied by a shiny plaque fashioned from the finest perspex.

This gallery that oozes quality is in the same shrine that holds the great un-ironed tablecloth, while the aroma of fat hangs heavy in the air.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})