Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just for the record, I have also passed 2500 pages (not so coincidentally at 100,000 posts).

I saw the FL sanctions mentioned a few pages back - can we have a recap of those? I've forgotten what they can and can't do.

Can they buy players for a fee? (Not that most teams do in L2 anyway)?

Can they sell players for a fee?

Are they allowed to offer contracts over 1 season?

Is there a restriction on wages, or wages as a %age of turnover - ON TOP of the L2 wage cap?

Awford is like a mini Harry Redknapp. Nothing is his fault, everything can be solved by bringing in new players.

Perhaps time to look at your own (in)ability Andy? Maybe they're playing ****e because you can't coach or motivate them? After all, Aldershot didn't win because they had better players, but because they're a better team. Just the same as the mighty Saints are 2nd in the Premier League, not because we have better players than Liverpool and Man City and Man Utd, but because so far this season, we're a better team.

Much like Richie Barker though, I hope he stays and takes Pompey to where they belong. :)

They are going to get relegated this season, I can feel it.

Zero confidence, zero motivation.

:thumbup:

Unlike last season, though, when they were in genuine danger of going down, they seem to have given themselves a half-decent head start.

Points required to guarantee safety in the last 10 years in reverse order (i.e. 1 point more than the team that finished 23rd): 51, 52, 45, 48, 45, 38 (freak season because 4 teams were deducted a combined total of 74 points), 43, 46, 50, 39.

They already have 23 points, and the teams at the bottom of the league don't look like they're all capable of getting 50 points.

The few are revolting.

I've asked this several times over the 100,000 posts when their decline had hit new lows and I've normally been shouted down...is there anyone here who still thinks that they have not suffered or been punished yet?

Aldershot Town - delivering the justice that the Football League and the court system bottled.

Absolutely not! They still gloat and are far from humble. There are the odd few that will agree that the risk they took for the cup and 8th in the PL wasn't worth it. But still a huge chunk will not see it that way, so they need to sink further. Only when....

- they are relegated to the non-league

- Fratton Park is sold for housing development

- they get relocated (Coventry style) for a season or 2

- They realise they're shares are worthless

- Eastleigh beat them in a competitive match

Only then will they have suffered enough for me. Then they can begin their SLOW climb back to being a L2 side where hopefully they'll get all excited about a final in the JPT and lose to Luton. Then draw us in the cup and we absolutely spank them.

Then this thread can be locked.

I hope McInnes doesn't pull the trigger on AA. This is way too much fun and it's unlikely to get better for Pompey under AA.

I think he's hamstrung by the realisation they can't afford to pay up his contract, (not that this has bothered them in the past) and then shell out on someone who could be more expensive and likely no better. Ooooo dilemma...what to do??

Nice bit of gallows humour from a skate.

BLUEMANGROUP

4:36 PM on 20/11/2014

Players and staff from Portsmouth FC visited a local children's hospital recently.

"It's nice to put a smile on the faces of those who are worse off than we are and who are facing a long uphill struggle," said David Wilson aged 6.

I think he's hamstrung by the realisation they can't afford to pay up his contract, (not that this has bothered them in the past) and then shell out on someone who could be more expensive and likely no better. Ooooo dilemma...what to do??

Do what they always do, ask the fans to shell out for it - The 'Pay off Awford and beg Micky Adams to join' appeal. Every contributor gets 1p off a litre of fuel at Tesco.

Do what they always do, ask the fans to shell out for it - The 'Pay off Awford and beg Micky Adams to join' appeal. Every contributor gets 1p off a litre of fuel at Tesco.

1p a litre if you contribute at least £1000 towards Micky Adams, all must be redeemed by 31st December 2014

What a glorious day to be a well known Saints fan at the Golf down here today.

To have all the Sky Taters telling me that we are totally nailed on to qualify for the CL this season (as nobody else is good enough to catch us), to have them going on about 6 Saints Players in the England Scotland game. And asking me why we hated Liverpool so much to have sold them all our leftovers.....

But the BEST line? Did you need medical attention after seeing the Aldershot result?

No names but #nothingmorethantheydeserved was the consensus.

Their recent managerial history stinks.

First, they appoint someone straight-out of their player register books, only to then get rid of them to sign someone from outside, to sack them for not being born on the island, to finally appointing someone everyone on Fortress Fatpipes knows and loves, to finally hate them and kick them out.

Add the fact that some players are blatantly picked for their relation to the board/staff (see Awful Jr.), and you see that the infighting is only a sour comment by someone known to the Trust on Express FM/Solent/News away.

Also is Connolly still at the club? Seems clear to me that he wanted to be the manager when Wittingham was sacked, and was shipped out to Oxford because the McInnes champagne army couldn't stand listening to some home truths.

Edited by melmacian_saint

Connolly is an interesting one...

He was overlooked for an idiot, who then demoted him, and when the idiot demonstrated he was as bad as Connolly had said, they appointed another idiot.

Leaving the no.1 villain looking now like the one-eyed bloke in the land of the blind.

He's the only quality player on their books and he's worked with good managers so he knows a loser when he sees one.

He may be their only hope....though I suspect that he knows an idiot chairman when he sees one too and has probably voiced an opinion on the board.

I don't like to kick them when they are down but has that PFA charge been lifted yet or do they still owe wages that they are pretending they've cleared?

I just thought that while their freshly-dug grave is still open it might be nice to bury the debt-free claim in there too, along with fan-ownership and their rivalry.

Because you have to look at the facts and say we are no longer their rivals, other than by an accident of geography.

They've found their level and the only way it could resume is if we dropped to the third tier again.

So it looks a little bit like more than a century of rivalry is over.

Hey pompey, yeah, you down there, byeeeeeeeee! :lol:

I don't like to kick them when they are down but has that PFA charge been lifted yet or do they still owe wages that they are pretending they've cleared?

I just thought that while their freshly-dug grave is still open it might be nice to bury the debt-free claim in there too, along with fan-ownership and their rivalry.

According to Companies House, the PFA still have 3 outstanding charges against the club. Make of that what you will....

and while we're rounding up the outstanding issues, I'm guessing there's just a teensy weensy hiccup with their application to have the capacity increased. The one that was sent off to the safety board to be rubber stamped what, two months ago?

That would involve Milan actually qualifying for it, which looks some way off these days.

Ok, we'll settle for beating Madrid. In the final. :poundit:

And regarding agent Connolly, RB is right, he's the only bit of quality they have. Admittedly he's about 40 and crocked, but a class above the rest. Interestingly, after reading the phews' comments (great for a laugh yesterday), a number of them want him to take over from Awful Andy. :o

Thank you for posting that. That interview has really made my day and reminded how far they have fallen and how far we have come.

If they had folded I would not have the pleasure of listening radio comedy gold like that. I'm glad they didn't restart afresh. This is torture for them, a long slow painful car crash. I wouldn't change this for anything and as such I will would like to say thank you to -

to Portsmouth Football Club :mcinnes:

to Peter Storrie, David Lumpitt, The Fake Sheikh, The Fat Arab, Gaydamak Snr, Gaydamak Jnr, Bellend Chainrai, The Dodgy Russian, Andrew the Android & The Fans 'Share' Scheme :mcinnes:

to Harry Redknapp, The Prossie stalker, The Clott, Voldermort, Wittingham, Awful Andy :mcinnes:

to Fratton Fat Pipes, Neil Allen & TCWTB :mcinnes:

to Kanu, Sol Campbell & any other player that bled them dry :toppa:

to Aldershot Town :toppa:

to eveyone that has posted on this thread :toppa:

and finally to Fitzhurgh Fella for starting this thread. :toppa:

THANKS!!! :)

:toppa:

* So they are supporter owned (less than 50% last time we saw a released figure)

* They have no more Cup revenue of any form

* They got most of their attendance money upfront some time back by selling season tickets on the cheap

But they are debt free (minus those outstanding charges still listed at Companies House against the club).

Must be fun now for McInnes and his coterie of HNWs. It's all more sinking fund from this point.

Edited by TopGun

They're writing the script for us now...

Pompey set to sign Mr Bean: http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/headlines/11616503._/?

His erstwhile boss on the lad:

“Hopefully Marcus can go out and get his career started again, because it’s stalled a bit over the last few weeks.

“He’s a good pro and he’s been fantastic around the place, without being involved.”

Sounds as if he's just the ticket to help them finish 'ripping up the league' then

His erstwhile boss on the lad:

“Hopefully Marcus can go out and get his career started again, because it’s stalled a bit over the last few weeks.

“He’s a good pro and he’s been fantastic around the place, without being involved.”

Sounds as if he's just the ticket to help them finish 'ripping up the league' then

To paraphrase: "Marcus has been brilliant ever since we stopped him playing football"

To paraphrase even further.

"He's so bad he can't get anywhere near our first team, despite the fact our midfield consists of teenage trainees, knackered old veterans with the mobility of a wardrobe, and others who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

"I can't believe somebody else is interested in taking him off our hands, but if it gets him off the wage bill for a few months, that's fine, by me."

Things you couldn't make up No.187....

"Fish arrives at Pompey"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-make-double-swoop-1-6430856

Fish arrives from Gillingham after picking up the League Two title at Priestfield in the 2012-13 campaign.

The right-back played 49 times as the Gills took that crown, but saw his progress slowed by an anterior cruciate injury.

That saw him make just two appearances last season, and he has followed that up with six outings so far this campaign.

The former Crystal Palace trainee dropped out of league football, spending three years with Dover, before joining Gillingham in 2011.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})