Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

'You couldn't make it up'. How many times has that phrase been used in this thread? Well, this whole, wonderfully unbelievable thread must surely have that as a subtitle. If you had told me over 5 years ago how this would have panned out I would have laughed at you but it is of course us who are laughing at the blue phew in the most incredible set of circumstances it would have been impossible to have imagined in 2009.

Thanks to all contributors who have provided constant entertainment.

Just noticed this gem on the skate evening news website in reply this nutjob comment

"Happy days" Its getting better & better.Merry Christmas lads :-) LOL

CHRISPFCDS ...obviously one of the fishy phew's finest brains responded with

......."inbread"

Please tell me this was one of you lot taking the p!ss

Premier League, while we were in League One on -15;

League Two and losing against non-league opposition, while we're 2nd in the Premier League.

All in 100,000 posts

So, are they officially the worst team in Hampshire now? :lol:

Think that's a bit harsh. Winchester City won tonight as well.

Portsmouth FC@officialpompey 1h1 hour ago

#Pompey crash out of the FA Cup to non-league opponents for the first time - full report on http://portsmouthfc.co.uk soon

Thats probably not true is it? Pompey were themselves a non Football League team until the 1920's, surely they lost to another non league team in that time?

This is about the fifth version of the club since then though...

"We'll have another crowd in on Saturday, which will again be by far the biggest in the league.."

Alright Andy, I know you lost to a Conference team tonight but there's no reason to call your fans porkers is there!

"We'll have another crowd in on Saturday, which will again be by far the biggest in the league.."

Alright Andy, I know you lost to a Conference team tonight but there's no reason to call your fans porkers is there!

That's all right then. Everything's fine. No matter how crap we are on the pitch, we can still delude ourselves we are a big club.

I think I can hear the sound of a straw being clutched.

It will mean a crowd by far the biggest in the league will be that much louder when they call for your head.

On so any occassions in the past few years, I wanted them to turn to toast, but now I'm so so glad they are still struggling to survive in the lower reaches of Div 4 and rewarding us with moments like this!!

Their 1st ever defeat to a non league team - they just might be doing it a bit more regularly next season :smug:

Sha la la la la la la la

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-dumped-out-of-cup-by-shots-1-6427897#comments-area

Pathetic display, by a bunch of players who I am afraid to say, really don't seem to care if they win or lose, they all seem to think they are better than they really are, 95% are sh!t signings and are players who nobody else wants, the other 5% are just sh!t players.

:lol:

Thank you for posting that. That interview has really made my day and reminded how far they have fallen and how far we have come.

If they had folded I would not have the pleasure of listening radio comedy gold like that. I'm glad they didn't restart afresh. This is torture for them, a long slow painful car crash. I wouldn't change this for anything and as such I will would like to say thank you to -

to Portsmouth Football Club :mcinnes:

to Peter Storrie, David Lumpitt, The Fake Sheikh, The Fat Arab, Gaydamak Snr, Gaydamak Jnr, Bellend Chainrai, The Dodgy Russian, Andrew the Android & The Fans 'Share' Scheme :mcinnes:

to Harry Redknapp, The Prossie stalker, The Clott, Voldermort, Wittingham, Awful Andy :mcinnes:

to Fratton Fat Pipes, Neil Allen & TCWTB :mcinnes:

to Kanu, Sol Campbell & any other player that bled them dry :toppa:

to Aldershot Town :toppa:

to eveyone that has posted on this thread :toppa:

and finally to Fitzhurgh Fella for starting this thread. :toppa:

THANKS!!! :)

Edited by St Jim

Hilarious. Andy Awful is angry. And it's going to stop. Those 3 physios are going to stop. Well no they're not, but he's angry. He's as angry as he's ever been. Er, that's it.

LOL. Awful Andy sounds like David Brent.

If he thinks they were good in the first half then they really are without hope. I watched the whole game and they were utter sh*te.

Aldershot played slightly better in the 2nd half and exposed Pompey for the pub team that they are. Actually, I've played in pub teams that can string 5 or 6 passes together so maybe I'm flattering Pompey a bit.

Truly woeful and absolutely hilarious.

The few are revolting.

I've asked this several times over the 100,000 posts when their decline had hit new lows and I've normally been shouted down...is there anyone here who still thinks that they have not suffered or been punished yet?

Aldershot Town - delivering the justice that the Football League and the court system bottled.

The few are revolting.

I've asked this several times over the 100,000 posts when their decline had hit new lows and I've normally been shouted down...is there anyone here who still thinks that they have not suffered or been punished yet?

Aldershot Town - delivering the justice that the Football League and the court system bottled.

They probably have been punished enough now - however, I am finding this way too funny for it to stop. Trouble is, winding up the pompey fanatic in the office is just too easy, I only have to walk onto his floor and give him a self satisfied look and he sits there fuming for the rest of the morning.

The few are revolting.

This is not the end.

It is not the beginning of the end.

But it is the end of the beginning.

Maybe.

Still one more piece of good news for them to finish off their "fantastic fortnight".

First, the opening of their brand new state-of-the-art training ground was postponed indefinitely on the day they were supposed to move in.

Then they were humiliated at Plymouth. Live. On national TV.

Then they were humiliated at Aldershot. Live. On national TV.

But never mind, because next Monday work is going to start on site for the brand spanking new Tescodrome.

Still one more piece of good news for them to finish off their "fantastic fortnight".

First, the opening of their brand new state-of-the-art training ground was postponed indefinitely on the day they were supposed to move in.

Then they were humiliated at Plymouth. Live. On national TV.

Then they were humiliated at Aldershot. Live. On national TV.

But never mind, because next Monday work is going to start on site for the brand spanking new Tescodrome.

And later on they can just sit back and watch us. Live. On national TV.

Sweet.

Does this mean they are still getting away with it?
yep,they still have FP. If they lost that then they would have had proper punishment. that is the focus for their club and support. The majority can still laugh in your face and say they won the cup. I believe most would not swap their glory years for what they had before.

Highly amusing fact alert. Since losing to Chelsea in the final in 2010 Pompey, have won a grand total of zero FA Cup matches. So, if they do manage to sneak a victory against the Shots this evening, it will be a hugely significant and historic turnaround in their fortunes.

I can see a future quiz question coming up here " Which team after reaching the 2010 FA Cup Final, next won a tie in the 2020 1st Extra Preliminary Round"?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})