Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

now managerless Newport COunty

Yep, I didn't get to vote on that decision for some reason. Confused. :D Apparently John Sheridan is next in line - the recently-appointed CEO was at Plymouth with him last season.

I'm still trying to work out who was responsible for Terry bloody Butcher coming in in the first place, but it clearly wasn't anyone on the NC Supporters' Trust Board.

Oh, also, democratic elections for the Trust Board come January 2016 (one member one vote), have the Skates got that in place or is it all HNW stitch up?

Edited by The9

Yep, I didn't get to vote on that decision for some reason. Confused. :D Apparently John Sheridan is next in line - the recently-appointed CEO was at Plymouth with him last season.

I'm still trying to work out who was responsible for Terry bloody Butcher coming in in the first place, but it clearly wasn't anyone on the NC Supporters' Trust Board.

Oh, also, democratic elections for the Trust Board come January 2016 (one member one vote), have the Skates got that in place or is it all HNW stitch up?

Ever thought of giving it a go yourself?

18:00Thursday 01 October 2015

HAVE YOUR SAY

We all want Fratton Park to be intimidating.

But racism, sexism and homophobia has nothing to do with the grand, old lady being a bearpit.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/the-cross-word-pompey-is-ours-all-of-ours-1-6985906

But racism, sexism and homophobia are all part of your rich history and, no doubt, your putrid future.

Why change a winning formula?

Pompey have got away with real punishment. I always felt the only true punishment for the glory would be to have lost their stadium.Others disagreed, but the stadium is their gods end as it is their attendances and a place of focus that keeps the fire burning for them. If they did not have FP they would not now be getting the crowds and income that should sweep them up to the CHampionship. 5 or so years of pain for an FA cup win etc is well worth it in my opinion, we had that for no glory

Pompey have got away with real punishment. I always felt the only true punishment for the glory would be to have lost their stadium.Others disagreed, but the stadium is their gods end as it is their attendances and a place of focus that keeps the fire burning for them. If they did not have FP they would not now be getting the crowds and income that should sweep them up to the CHampionship. 5 or so years of pain for an FA cup win etc is well worth it in my opinion, we had that for no glory

I would take no pleasure in supporting a club that cheated their way to "glory". Would you envy a bloke who owns a stolen Rolex...?

http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/trust-announce-increase-in-shareholding

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust is delighted to report an increase in its shareholding in Portsmouth Community Football Club.

The current shareholding now sits at £2.75M which equates to 48.48% of PCFC.

This increase was made possible by the direct debit shareholders maturing and also the final closing of the investment account with Verisona. Trust Spokesman Johnny Ertl said "The PST board are very pleased to reveal this latest increase in its shareholding. The Membership of the Pompey Supporters Trust should be very proud of its achievement, the level of fan investment that has taken place here is historic and admired not just in the UK but around the world"

The PST Board would like to especially thank Tom Dearie and Steve Hatton for their diligent work in helping to finalise these shares.

http://www.pompeytrust.com/news/trust-announce-increase-in-shareholding

The Pompey Supporters’ Trust is delighted to report an increase in its shareholding in Portsmouth Community Football Club.

The current shareholding now sits at £2.75M which equates to 48.48% of PCFC.

This increase was made possible by the direct debit shareholders maturing and also the final closing of the investment account with Verisona. Trust Spokesman Johnny Ertl said "The PST board are very pleased to reveal this latest increase in its shareholding. The Membership of the Pompey Supporters Trust should be very proud of its achievement, the level of fan investment that has taken place here is historic and admired not just in the UK but around the world"

The PST Board would like to especially thank Tom Dearie and Steve Hatton for their diligent work in helping to finalise these shares.

So Pompey as a whole are worth well under half a ShLong.

Meanwhile, the Newport County Supporters Trust have today announced they've achieved their fundraising target and will take over the club subject to the formality of FL approval, holding more than 50% of shares in the club having bought out the top two shareholders.

Way better than a poxy 48.48% and an agreed plan to pay off creditors without needing to go into adminstration, never mind 3 relegations.

You do realise that "They" will claim credit for Newports success as it was "Their" original pioneering which has shown all clubs the way to go. :lol:

I would imagine that an insurance claim could be Plan A for funding a new ground.

They won't do it any other way.

I seem to recall that Redknapp's useless rundown seafront building suffered a terrible fire that led to new apartments.

Not quite as many as he hoped, but the profit must have helped him get over the shock of the fire.

Did anyone else happen to notice the difference between the fortunes of pompey and Saints this weekend?

One might suggest that it demonstrates the gulf between us quite nicely.

We could only muster a handful of supporters for the trip to London, who all booed the team before leaving early - whereas the mighty pompey packed the park with owners of the club and battled their way against the odds to a valuable point against the Galacticos of champions-elect Yeovil.

And they've got a book out. :(

#jealous

I would imagine that an insurance claim could be Plan A for funding a new ground.

They won't do it any other way.

I seem to recall that Redknapp's useless rundown seafront building suffered a terrible fire that led to new apartments.

Not quite as many as he hoped, but the profit must have helped him get over the shock of the fire.

They certainly did. Handy that as they would never have allowed the Victorian building to be knocked down, especially to be replaced by the monstrosity they have planned now.

Four years on and the now retirement flats have still to be built, although planning permission is now finally in place and **** flaps has sold the land to the developer.

Big crowd, to be fair, bigger than a lot in the Championship.

They absolutely battered Yeovil. Hopefully other teams can scrape draws like this otherwise they might get back their rightful level of the third division

I find it staggering how no one else talks about any other club in the country in the same terms as that lot down the road. They must have their heads stuffed so far up their own arses that they are on some sort of odd cranial-anal infinity curve

They truly are, to borrow a phrase, 'the special ones'. Vive la differance

More sick making articles in the News. This one goes on about Milan again and says Ronaldinho described the atmosphere at Fatpipes as 'the best in world football'. Now the journalist is suggesting that Ronaldinho could finish his career with the pikeys too.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/wilson-s-wisdom-ronaldinho-exit-sparks-fratton-memories-1-6988834

More sick making articles in the News. This one goes on about Milan again and says Ronaldinho described the atmosphere at Fatpipes as 'the best in world football'. Now the journalist is suggesting that Ronaldinho could finish his career with the pikeys too.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/wilson-s-wisdom-ronaldinho-exit-sparks-fratton-memories-1-6988834

Portsmouth News reporter in selective recall of the recent past shocker...

Now that Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool have parted company, Pompey suddenly have no competition in the race to this season's 'Delusional Club of the Year' award. As defending champions they must be delighted.

Did he even really say that? Sounds like another portsmyth to me...or the translator interviewing him (presuming he doesn't speak English) mis-translating it to get the skates frothing at the mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Had a google and could only find skate sources saying he said it...think we can put that one down as another portsmyth :mcinnes:

Edited by BlakeySFC

Portsmouth News reporter in selective recall of the recent past shocker...

Now that Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool have parted company, Pompey suddenly have no competition in the race to this season's 'Delusional Club of the Year' award. As defending champions they must be delighted.

Did he even really say that? Sounds like another portsmyth to me...or the translator interviewing him (presuming he doesn't speak English) mis-translating it to get the skates frothing at the mouth :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Had a google and could only find skate sources saying he said it...think we can put that one down as another portsmyth :mcinnes:

He'd have to scratch Maradona's eyes out to get that privilege, I'm so #jealous they have these #legends queuing up to play at #Fatpipes

Ever thought of giving it a go yourself?

I suspect my credentials as a Saints Season Ticket holder who tries to spend all his free time with his family might make nicking off 100 miles to do stuff in my home town on weekdays a bit difficult even if there was the remotest possibility of me doing anything for free. :(

You do realise that "They" will claim credit for Newports success as it was "Their" original pioneering which has shown all clubs the way to go. :lol:

I'm fairly sure the other 139 fan owned community shareholder clubs may have had something to do with it. :)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})