Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Can we introduce border controls on this thread to maintain a gap between it and other forum threads?

This is a safe haven, a place where you can peddle hate against people up the road, rather than spit hatred at foreigners.

It's also a good place to reflect quietly when hankie-wavers are going all drama queen and mincing about on match threads because it's only 0-0 and it costs a quid to park.

We need tighter security measures on our borders, could we crowd fund a virtual fence?

Didn't the Moose have a spat with Pompey last season about their catering, a twitter row with Mr Paragraph Allen himself.

yes, but as laughable as their catering is both for journalists and spectators alike, you have to say that any journalist giving a league 2 club grief for not providing them with cordon bleu culinary delights free of charge is a bit of a ****. Mind you, as I recall the Moose' tweet was very tongue in cheek, but the skates bit on it as though it was fresh ragworm.

Direct quote from pompey online describing westwood's actions recently.

Today up at Luton which to say the least is the home to a lot of ethnic groups, we were in a row in front of the Numpty,who thankfully was instrument less & the thrasher wasn't there either, a couple of chants he was "singing" on his own were "Paul Cook's English Army" ,have Stevens, Atangana,Doyle, Murphy all taken out citizenship?? And "When Sol went up to lift the FA cup you were at the mosque,at the mosque"

So that collossal c*nt Westwood is not only a skate w@nker, he's also a racist c@nt, why am I not surprised.

Ah no, you are wrong there I am afraid. Don't you realise that the rules don't apply to the bestes club and fans in the world? That's why they never paid their debts. Can't possibly be racist because when you are the bestest fans ever it just contest apply.

Isn't Scott Maclachlane[sp?] also 'Pompey Scot' - one time member on here and also the admin on Pompey Online???

If so, with his past history of 'exclusions' on POL will there be any members of the Pompey Trust left after he's been on the board for a couple of months?

Different bloke entirely. Pompey Scot is so called because he's Scottish, not because he's called Scot(t). He was also a Rangers fan when I first met him at work... :)

Isn't Scott Maclachlane[sp?] also 'Pompey Scot' - one time member on here and also the admin on Pompey Online???

If so, with his past history of 'exclusions' on POL will there be any members of the Pompey Trust left after he's been on the board for a couple of months?

nah he's the fella that walked the 92 for charity

Well, I'm sorry to pointlessly bump, but this was 13th least recent thread and showing worrying signs of falling off the front page altogether.

Can we see this as a sign that:

1) People aren't on here as much generally

2) It's not as much fun when they're winning a bit more often

3) Without fake sheiks and arms dealers it's a bit dull waiting for incremental screw-ups

4) They've finally achieved vague competence with a massive advantage over their rivals after 6 years of hilarious self-harming

5) I've decided not to dump loads of stuff about Newport County following the same ownership model (and me joining their trust) on here

6) Usually when it goes this quiet something ridiculous happens. :mcinnes:

4) They've finally achieved vague competence with a massive advantage over their rivals after 6 years of hilarious self-harming

5) I've decided not to dump loads of stuff about Newport County following the same ownership model (and me joining their trust) on here

6) Usually when it goes this quiet something ridiculous happens. :mcinnes:

Well, I'm not sure I can believe 4)..

As for 5), go on, you know you want to. Let's face it, you're no longer spending hours working out European travel plans. :-(

6) snig ger

Maybe - but we do have bigger fish to fry.

I'm keener to see Spurs and Liverpool fail these days.

It's mainly the likes of Ho and co or drum-bothering nutters on Twitter who keep this thread going with their delusion.

See how quiet it went when pompey kept it buttoned for a few days.

rally if we were in the dockyard league we would still be your f*****n rivals, and the amount of times you post on this thread shows that, Stop! talking drivel, keep taking the p***:rolleyes:

Mack rill

Probably shouldn't say this but I reckon you are the sort of Pompey fan who a few of us on here would enjoy a drink with and exchange some light hearted banter

You seem to have a sense of humour sadly lacking in some of your fellow Pompeyites

Presumably your family were not affected by that nasty Dock Strike

7) They are no longer our rivals, they are Eastleigh's.

The "their rivals" I was referring to were the League 2 sides they have a massive advantage over. One of those are indeed likely to be Eastleigh next season. Assuming they don't sneak out of the League themselves. Even they're surely not deluded enough to think Saints aren't streets ahead of them in every department at the moment.

Although I personally would enjoy it greatly if they missed out on promotion and Eastleigh didn't, knowing that Eastleigh will probably be better funded than them next season (financial fair play limitations aside).

Edited by The9

As for Newport's Fan Ownership... there's a hell of a lot more transparency about targets and fundraising than I remember with the PST - it will be interesting to see if any local businessmen buy a load of trust shares or if there's one of those "not really fan-owned" deals, because one of my old schoolmates used to be a sponsor and he seems to be selling "a" house on Facebook.

Anyway, here's all the documentation. They need to raise £195k by the end of the month.

http://www.ncafctrust.org/trust_news.php?news_link=share_launch

FWIW they also have no infrastructure or academy facilities, and they're terrible at actually putting their goods in their online shop, but at least the cost of the ground is relatively cheap to maintain and split between 3 different clubs. I'm pretty much compelled to do my bit there despite logic and rationality... hmmm, wait a minute. :o

I talked to a Pompey season holder today who I work with and asked about the new championship lights, he told me he has no idea if and when they are going up.he seems to think they go up no problem. But only because there are a lot of sh1t teams around them.

rally if we were in the dockyard league we would still be your f*****n rivals, and the amount of times you post on this thread shows that, Stop! talking drivel, keep taking the p***:rolleyes:

I couldn't give a ****e what league you are in you will always be our rivals - sometimes big but at the mo' more like an annoying kid.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})