Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

The thing is, as Saints fans we have never had to watch football that sh!t.

Not as Saints fans, but plenty of us go to non league games as well. And while some games can be dire there's still plenty of decent football at all levels. Although I can't remember ever seeing a corner that bad - even in the Wessex League.

The only thing I took from this utterly worthwhile video is that Allen's either been away or slapping on the fake tan. People may look in the background and wonder why no one appears to work at the News, but the truth is they were all down Southsea with the other 250k fans watching an open top bus parade to mark Conor Chaplin's new contract.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-video-neil-allen-on-conor-chaplin-s-new-contract-1-6970238

The only thing I took from this utterly worthwhile video is that Allen's either been away or slapping on the fake tan. People may look in the background and wonder why no one appears to work at the News, but the truth is they were all down Southsea with the other 250k fans watching an open top bus parade to mark Conor Chaplin's new contract.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-video-neil-allen-on-conor-chaplin-s-new-contract-1-6970238

Good grief. Video blogging at its bestestmost :mcinnes:

'Priced at £16.99, it will be available from a host of newsagents across the area.'

#tinpotmostest

They must have spent the best part of a year punting this book out to retailers trying to get them to stock it and they end up with a dozen corner shops :lol::lol:

My gran's a bit past it, as in deceased but she did train with Fulwood Barracks Women's team in 1916..

My gran's sitting in a chair looking out of a window in South Wales. She was a table tennis champion in her day, but might even struggle to match that set-piece now.

By the way, if anyone is interesting in buying some worthless* Newport County Supporters' Trust funds or just making a donation: http://www.ncafctrust.org/index.php

*worthless in the sense that the rules are documented for Newport in this highly transparent document here: http://www.ncafctrust.org/downloads/Model_Rules.pdf"

Edited by The9

3eb8b9a035e8e9e388e504120e14a660.jpg6d16d81e97872a5b62e4f969e440deed.jpg

:mcinnes:

Official Pompey twitter account in selective memory shocker.

And there was me under the impression that they had disowned their grubby recent past....

Wtf is it with this 'we played AC Milan' guff?

You played a team in the Champions League. Big deal.

We play Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc every season and they are in the Champions League too

Not only that, apparently their draw against AC Milan is their greatest achievement.... Really..... Do you honestly want me to believe that your greatest achievement is. DRAW?

We play Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc every season and they are in the Champions League too

Not only that, apparently their draw against AC Milan is their greatest achievement.... Really..... Do you honestly want me to believe that your greatest achievement is. DRAW?

Greatest achievement is back to back div1 league titles. Yes years ago but it it what it is. We still were the best team in england 2 years in a row

NB Saints have played in European football in the past month, Milan haven't qualified for European football since the end of the 2012/13 season.

Greatest achievement is back to back div1 league titles. Yes years ago but it it what it is. We still were the best team in england 2 years in a row

Bully for you. Come back when you've done it more times than Huddersfield Town.

Also.... You say that managing to defend the title once is your greatest achievement. That was in the '40's. Therefore it follows that youve not done much since.in fact.... In the SIXTY FIVE YEARS since all the Skates have managed is to buy the FA cup on tick and get found out for doing so. Other than that it's just been a general meander downhill.

Usually I don't go trawling for FACTS since I don't think it makes for a very good argument however..... I honestly didn't realise that when we take the mickey out of the skates for banging on about history they really are talking about times which will very soon be out of living memory. Wow........

Can someone help me out here...? Saints getting a "free stadium" is directly comparable with Pompey overspending on players to achieve success on the field...apparently....

pompey_tweet.JPG

I thought we'd nailed this "our debt" vs "your debt" debate back in 2010.... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga/page698

Edited by trousers

Can someone help me out here...? Saints getting a "free stadium" is directly comparable with Pompey overspending on players to achieve success on the field...apparently....

pompey_tweet.JPG

I thought we'd nailed this "our debt" vs "your debt" debate back in 2010.... http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga/page698

Ah - a nostalgic trip back to page 698 -I enjoyed that! I guess time had dulled the memory as to how thick PFC123 was, how Ho still proclaimed that there was greatness ahead for them, that charities and businesses would get paid..and f**k me there's a post from Mack (Hi Mack!) that is grammatically ok, spelled correctly...I suspect a ringer...and not of the evil-smelling, tw*t-hatted variety!

Five years on, karma tastes as sweet and smells as wonderful as their festering fat-ridden smells putrid. Long may the comedy continue!! :-)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})