Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

From POL. For a forum that seems intent on pointing out how obsessed us jealous scummers are about them, they do like discussing us a lot

With the eurozone in chaos, Russia on an anti EU crusade and China slowing, the Liebherr group and Frau Liebherr might need to be focussed elsewhere than a provincial football team in England. Although the company won't be in any real danger from the economic events, it might be enough to make her pause before investing further in her father's hobby or make her want to repatriate some cash - particularly when the pound is so strong against the euro.

Repayment of those loans will be currently getting her 15%+ more euros.

Some concerns that Tubbs might leave. But as the Snooze poster below points out he can be replaced with a 'marquee' signing...

rfwBlue

8:27 AM on 31/08/2015

Worryingly this doesn't provide the reassurance we would like. He's happy here but doesn't rule out a move away. Have an uncomfortable feeling that if that marquee signing becomes available, Eoin Doyle or Reuben Reid as much rumoured maybe, we might have seen the last of Tubbsy. Really hope that isn't the case. Whatever system we play Tubbs is an instinctive goal scorer. Not too many of them have appeared in Pompey blue in recent times.

Just flicking through TimeHop this morning and it seems they have previous for this as recently as 2 years ago. What a horrible bunch they are.

Coincidently on the same day there's the next tweet which is a skate admitting they lack atmosphere. 4160a8d84606550bc91b0d8c00fa32df.jpg

Reid has scored 44 goals since first joining Argyle on loan from Yeovil in January 2013 and is out of contract next summer.

He missed the win over Newport but Adams says his absence was due to injury, not because he is unsettled.

"He was injured last week against Northampton. People can put two and two together and the thick people will get five," added Adams.

Who could he possibly be referring to? :lol:

I love the way they try and spin it as 'giving the youngsters a chance' in the hope of avoiding a fine!

The rules are very clear and they will be deliberately breaking them. If the youngsters are good enough, they should be playing anyway! If they aren't playing then they clearly aren't good enough!

Same old skates always breaking the rules and trying to get away with it!

I guess it's easier to get your youth team knocked out than take over 50,000 to Wembley and win the trophy.

At least they can pretend they didn't try if they lose tonight - though I recall being told that their youth academy was the envy of the top four clubs....

Any big transfer news?

Has the old woman changed mobility scooters?

Are there new fence panels at the training ground?

Or has there been further investment in a 2nd pack of ping pong balls?

How times have changed. They've gone from buying trips to Wembley with money they didn't have to.... buying their way out of trips to Wembley with money they've only got because they've been allowed to write off £100m+ of historic debt....

At least they can now concentrate on scraping last minute draws in the 4th tier of English football.

Edited by trousers

More importantly... I noticed last night that it was pitch black dark last night at 21:00 - in the West of the country - so assume it was dark before then further East. I'm guessing then, that their next evening game will require floodlights but I haven't seen any articles trumpeting the arrival of the championship standard lights that will definitely be in place before the first evening game. Does anyone have an update?

Paul Cook is right here though. What absolutely pathetic rules.

Having said that, f*ck 'em triple the fine!

Hardly matters now. However I don't hear many other clubs crying about the rules so I fail to see why the Skates should think they are some sort of special case or deserving of special treatment. Rules of the competition are the same for everyone.

This is what comes of trying to buy success when you haven't got the income or fan base to back it up.

In other news, saw a skate on Twitter last night trying to abuse a rather lovely young saints fan.

The main thrust of his (non) argument appeared to be that Katrina wants to sell. Nice to see that Portsmyth still believed down the road. They really are so bitter.

Why would that be bad news?....That would be win win all round....Katrina gets to enjoy her Fathers millions in peace and luxury and we get an owner who would be ambitious and committed enough to pay the asking price.....Would be awesome news for me....Hope the Skate has reliable contacts.

Why would that be bad news?....That would be win win all round....Katrina gets to enjoy her Fathers millions in peace and luxury and we get an owner who would be ambitious and committed enough to pay the asking price.....Would be awesome news for me....Hope the Skate has reliable contacts.

surely that depends who the new buyer would be, you only need to read this thread to see it can go 'ever so slightly' wrong

That is hilarious. 4-5 singing, out of time drum, the most non league chant in the world ("everywhere we goooooo") and what looks like the holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle Show struggling to get the words right.

Best of all, they think it's good.

Best part for me of that video is the young lad to the left who is clearly embarrassed to have to stand next to the sunshine funbus crew as they make various noises

How many are actually singing?! 6?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is hilarious. 4-5 singing, out of time drum, the most non league chant in the world ("everywhere we goooooo") and what looks like the holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle Show struggling to get the words right.

Best of all, they think it's good.

Best part for me of that video is the young lad to the left who is clearly embarrassed to have to stand next to the sunshine funbus crew as they make various noises

If Saints wanted to do a video taking the pish out of pompey, they simply couldnt do a better job than that clip. That is ******* brilliant.

They've got form for this kind of thing, who could forget their short-lived 'poopey bandstand' with its special band members

1zaw79.jpg

Every time I see that picture I shudder with fear and loathing as to what the weasel on the left has got in that carrier dangling from his waist.

Clearly they are clothes of some description, but what?

Are there discarded undercrackers in there? If The Bag of Noxiuosness includes a t-shirt does he intend to put it back on? Surely any clothes in there will become even more fetid and rank with codensation.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})