Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Probably a guess by the journalist - and half of that amount may well have gone on the ground safety + the elusive Championship floodlights this summer.

So I reckon that many of the club's benefits of the Tesco deal are already gone, though the property developers are doing fine.

That deal was landlockedtastic. #jealous

On this frenzied showing there is nothing to choose between Pompey, now third, and Barnet, 23rd.

:lol::lol:

three relegations in four years, each aided by points deductions

:x:x

Probably a guess by the journalist - and half of that amount may well have gone on the ground safety + the elusive Championship floodlights this summer.

So I reckon that many of the club's benefits of the Tesco deal are already gone, though the property developers are doing fine.

You seem to be forgetting the glorious car park - which was funded by the Tescos money.

I assume they only tarmacked half of it because they ran out of money to finish the rest - one million pounds for half a car park is a bargain, non?

You seem to be forgetting the glorious car park - which was funded by the Tescos money.

I assume they only tarmacked half of it because they ran out of money to finish the rest - one million pounds for half a car park is a bargain, non?

Never forget that that tiny half-finished gravel patch is the bestestmost car park in all footballdom #jealous

The reason they used gravel is because you have to put proper gulleys and drains in under tarmac. Drains aren't cheap, as they found out after they laid their new pitches. They'll discover the problem when the winter rain comes. Then they'll blame the contractor. Again.

Money Penny hops aboard the gravy train and fills her boots, making it into the top ten in the country for expenses!...

She billed the taxpayer £186,977.70 last year.

For two full time members of staff and five part time?...:o

All that research and she still thinks the city gets £13m for every home game.

I'm glad we are all in this together.

Well, I'm sorry to pointlessly bump, but this was 13th least recent thread and showing worrying signs of falling off the front page altogether.

6) Usually when it goes this quiet something ridiculous happens. :mcinnes:

So from POL, what I can tell you is that they are under investigation for racist chanting by the police and their stewards are recorded as doing nothing about it and allowing it to continue, this surely is fairly serious?

So from POL, what I can tell you is that they are under investigation for racist chanting by the police and their stewards are recorded as doing nothing about it and allowing it to continue, this surely is fairly serious?

Racist chanting by the police?

It's serious in a knuckle-draggers are bad for society way, but not Nutjob Thread Serious, like a "£138m debt, ignoring PAYE and VAT and writing it off" kinda serious.

FWIW Newport's Trust's accounts due diligence also showed a bit of a worrying hole where certain payments of that nature were meant to be, but have implied that one's down to the Lottery winner not being very good or particularly bothered about the club's accounting since he decided to leave, allegedly.

some fans may have given a banana to black guys - it was just for fun.

Muttered the out-of-touch puppet of Putin, desperately defending a world cup that was won during a wave of corruption and will no doubt be held against a backdrop of protesters being beaten in the streets while the whole world looks the other way.

There is no racism in Russia, but it has come from overseas....he added, contradicting his own crazy statements.

So the problem is a bloody foreign one! - coming over here, being racist to itself.

Idiot.

Three relegations in four years, each aided by points deductions. :mcinnes:

The club are smiling in the hands of the Pompey Supporters Trust and looking up. :mcinnes:

That notion of a giant waking may have persuaded Cook to drop a division. :mcinnes:

A deal with Tesco over adjacent land has given the trust £1m for players and facilities. doubtful.gif

Three relegations in four years, each aided by points deductions. :mcinnes:

The club are smiling in the hands of the Pompey Supporters Trust and looking up. :mcinnes:

That notion of a giant waking may have persuaded Cook to drop a division. :mcinnes:

A deal with Tesco over adjacent land has given the trust £1m for players and facilities. doubtful.gif

Or: 'the sleepiest giant rolls over in its fetid timber tabernacle, scratches it's flea-bitten arse, belches loudly and drops deeper into its drunken stupor'

Former Pompey player in spouting deluded nonsense shocker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34297056

"Racism in Russia is like fashion. It comes from abroad, from different countries," he said.

"It was never, ever here before. Ten years ago, some fans may have given a banana to black guys - it was just for fun.

Does he really not get the irony with the first line?

As for the second line, yes, in 1970s/80s England, many fans also 'gave' bananas to black guys, it was 'hilarious' then too. What an utter bellend.

nothing screams league 2 more than this piece of skill

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think kicking a ball slowly in a straight line is mastered in the first few lessons of Soccertots, maybe they should book a few of their players in for a refresher.

The thing is, as Saints fans we have never had to watch football that sh!t. We throw the term "sh!t" around, for example "Kelvin Davis is sh!t at crosses" but we don't really understand how sh!t some teams are. Through our whole history we have never been at Pompey's current level of sh!tness - and this is their best team in years.

I guess to come close we have to think of the worst ever Saints team you have watched. I guess from our 2009/10 season in League One. Then think of the worst player in that side, on their worst day. Imagine them a bit sh!tter - then you probably have the equivalent of Pompey's current best player.

I think kicking a ball slowly in a straight line is mastered in the first few lessons of Soccertots, maybe they should book a few of their players in for a refresher.

The thing is, as Saints fans we have never had to watch football that sh!t. We throw the term "sh!t" around, for example "Kelvin Davis is sh!t at crosses" but we don't really understand how sh!t some teams are. Through our whole history we have never been at Pompey's current level of sh!tness - and this is their best team in years.

I guess to come close we have to think of the worst ever Saints team you have watched. I guess from our 2009/10 season in League One. Then think of the worst player in that side, on their worst day. Imagine them a bit sh!tter - then you probably have the equivalent of Pompey's current best player.

Quite interesting to think that the two worst teams in our history. 08/09 and 09/10 included Adam Lallana and Morgan Schneiderlin.

What they would give for a Romain Gasmi......

I went to Dagenham and Redbridge v Newport County on Saturday. 0-0 between the two sides which are currently the bottom two in the entire Football League.

The standard was better than I was expecting, even though I did upload a video of an absolutely awful free-kick, and I've seen a lot of crap football. Worth noting that almost the entire Newport team is now ex-non-League players, players who have been recently relegated from League 2 (or League 1 when squad players) or never played in the League before, and they were still surprisingly organised. Were never going to score though.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})