Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Praise be to Allah (PBH)

Thank God for that

And a couple of trips down the Temples seems to have worked then.

I'd feel really chuffed if I hadn't just wasted 3 hours of my life trying to book flights with Ryanair & Easyjet for my summer hols. Jeez, thanks to our effing internet down here blipping all the time think I ended up with more flights than Poopey will have players by Monday

A couple of annoying and funny quotes from pompey online:

I was watching the game here in Australia on SBS (free to air tv) and Craig Foster (do you remember him?) a former Pompey player is a football pundit. He was pro Pompey all the way and as an ex Pompey player told all the other pundits how we were a community club and how so much businesses in Pompey rely on the football club to stay afloat.
:rolleyes:

how and if this club cant get a buyer after today then there is no justice

Me too mate, I'm embarassed I celebrated so much when Dindane won that penalty. I was almost certain KPB would fluff it

But hey, I really don't care - we may have lost - but we were never beaten!!!! PLAY UP POMPEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:butthead:

Praise be to Allah (PBH)

Thank God for that

And a couple of trips down the Temples seems to have worked then.

I'd feel really chuffed if I hadn't just wasted 3 hours of my life trying to book flights with Ryanair & Easyjet for my summer hols. Jeez, thanks to our effing internet down here blipping all the time think I ended up with more flights than Poopey will have players by Monday

Guess you've got two flights then Phil!

Just read Chanrai's lips. That HD is great!

He leaned across to the royal and asked "Which one is Poorsmouth?"

Your HD must be good because on mine I thought Chanrai said something like "Me and my mates have managed something only your old grandmother is allowed to do, we don't pay any taxes either".

Whilst I wanted them to get beat by ten, I'll settle for the one, as they will feel that they were close to winning, so a 1-0 defeat will hurt big style. I laughed when Grant done his interview, claiming Poopey should of won, what planet was he on, hello! they hit the woodwork five times in the first half alone Toady.

I was in poopey with the mrs and while she was shopping I went into a pub to watch the second half. I walked into a rough place where I had more teeth than the rest put together I drunk my pint in record time and left. I then went to another pub which was slightly better and it was great seeing them being so high when they got a pen to seeing them 2 mins later.Ace.

On a different note it was good to see how the FA Cup brings cities together as they had even let a couple of tramps in to watch the game while they had there half of cider.

But it was still great seeing them lose.

I don't know if this has been posted but here is an typically p*55 poor piece of journalism from Brian Woolnough in the Daily Star but I do like this comment - never a truer word spoken:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/columnists/view/135352/Portsmouth-It-s-the-Final-insult/?

"The FA Cup Final has been losing its gloss and charisma without bankrupt, shamed and relegated Portsmouth stepping into the struggling showpiece.

Today used to be special in the football calendar, a great climax to the domestic football season. Not any more.

The FA Cup Final has been pushed back behind the money-mad world of the Premier League and Champions League, a great old institution struggling to keep pace with the modern game.

Just when we needed some romance, along come the Fratton Park club with their shameful story of overspending, blatant mismanagement and being an embarrassment to the game. "

Says the same on SSN. I cant believe he is still harping on about it not being the teams fault.

The same team that wouldnt have all those players in the 1st team had the club not friggin cheated in the 1st place.

The same team that have just played there last game for the club because they are the only things in that siht hole that are either worth any money or are bleeding the remains of the club dry.

That team is the direct result of that clubs cheating so why shouldnt they be punnished along with the club?

Only thing I almost agree on and this should be the same for any club, is the people that made the decisions to get any club in this situation should be held to account and punished for there part in it. How many clubs have been run poorly only for the people in charge to let the club go into admin and then bugger off to run another business into the ground?

Anyone think Rupes and co should have been held more accountable for the mess we were in?

There should be something in place to protect clubs against people that run things as bad as Storrie teller and co.

drove along Albert Rd here in Southsea just after final whistle - not many happy faces lol

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw storie teller in his official club outift strolling along with the team before the game. Must make those already laid off by the club and other local creditors absolutely pig-sick to see that c*nt enjoying his day out. makes a mockery of the administration.

Edited by anothersaintinsouthsea
forgot to mention about that **** Storie

love this quote "you saw what the players did on the pitch"

Yeah they had like 1 shot all game, never got out their own half for most of it and if it wasen't for some dire finishing by Chelsea it would of been a mauling. I did not see anything worth being proud of out there for the players. They played crap and rightly lost!

Oh wow, now HERE is a little gem....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/chelsea/7729348/Chelsea-Double-winner-Carlo-Ancelotti-proves-he-is-special-too.html

tucked down at the bottom

]The Moaning One[/b]

You cannot even imagine what has happened. A club in our situation reaching a final – what is bigger than this? And the problems are bigger than you think. They have punished the players, punished the club

[/QUOTE]

THE PROBLEMS ARE EVEN BIGGER THAN WE IMAGINED!

Oh goodie, that's made my day :D

Prince William slams Football Cheats

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/facup/7728790/Prince-William-warning-to-football-cheats.html

]Bill[/b]

"For all its benefits, when aggression becomes brutality, when passion becomes disrespect for opponents, when the rules of the game and the principles of sportsmanship become obstacles to be bulldozed, sport can become detrimental to the individual as a society.

"In other words, sport ceases to be sport."

[/QUOTE]

OK see what I did there, I played Echo Journalist.

That is his statement, I just changed the context and bingo we have our Headline

I always thought there was very little information coming out of Israel about Daddy's Court Case.

These articles from the 13 May & 15 May says that the Defence Minister had issued a "special security blackout on certain elements .."

http://www.jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=175534

http://www.guysen.com/en/news_Report-says-Israel-s-defense-minister-issued-security-blackout-on-case-against-A_2832.html

love this quote "you saw what the players did on the pitch"

Yeah they had like 1 shot all game, never got out their own half for most of it and if it wasen't for some dire finishing by Chelsea it would of been a mauling. I did not see anything worth being proud of out there for the players. They played crap and rightly lost!

Yes, but they missed a shot at an open goal and a penalty. For all of Chelski's misses, it was still a possibility, albeit an extremely unlikely one, that they could have won that match 2-1.

But in that article on goal.com, the Skates Tawdry Toad continues ad nauseum his misguided rant that the FA should be allowing the cheating fish-fiddlers a place in Europe next year.

What's it to you, Avram? You won't be there in a few weeks and neither will most of the players in that match. With even more luck, if there was any justice, neither will Portsmouth FC exist too.

And for all of those Skates who echo the Toad's sentiments that it is somehow a miracle that their ragbag squad of loanees and cheap transfers got to the FA Cup final, firstly they were mostly players brought in illegally when the Club was trading insolvently and secondly, they are obviously players of some calibre if the club reckons that they are worth £35 million. You can't have it both ways. I wonder whether Saints have EVER had a squad worth £35 million and yet we managed 27 years in the top flight and an FA Cup final without any real debt that we couldn't service.

I have held back with the Pompey will get away with it, as I felt that nothing would happen pre the cup final.

Now that is over the next 3-4 weeks should be very interesting.Phil did say this was likely to run to May a couple of months bck. Let's hope justice is now served so i dont have to put up the statement anymore

I have held back with the Pompey will get away with it, as I felt that nothing would happen pre the cup final.

Now that is over the next 3-4 weeks should be very interesting.Phil did say this was likely to run to May a couple of months bck. Let's hope justice is now served so i dont have to put up the statement anymore

To misquote a seasonal quote from Shakespeare that Pompey now face

" Now is the summer of our slaughter"

I will tell you what will likely happen Nick.
  • The CVA will happen and Pompey will start the season in the Championship without a points deduction
  • Chainrai or a new buyer will control the club but there will be very little money for investment in players
  • Most of the high earners will go and be replaced by cheap options
  • They will struggle and end up mid lower table
  • Grant will go
  • Within 2 or 3 seasons they will fall into League 1 but I expect that will be the bottoming of their demise
  • If there are financial irregularities all the above bets are off other than Grant going and a points deduction will see them relegated to in Div 1 at the end of next season.

I can't believe how many people think that Avram genuinely believes the rubbish that he spouts out.

It's called PR. And Avram is not very good at it. Infact he is as bad at it as David Cameron is good at it. He only says what he says because of his wage going into his bank account.

If he were to join West Ham next season and another PL club went into administration, directly saving the hammers from relegation, he would then be spouting on about how right it is the club an the fans of that club are punished and "those are the rules".

Avram's a laughing stock and he knows it. That's why IMO he'll be at West Ham next season to get away from it all and go somewhere towards improving his public image long term.

Edited by JackFrost

I will tell you what will likely happen Nick.

• The CVA will happen and Pompey will start the season in the Championship without a points deduction
  • Chainrai or a new buyer will control the club but there will be very little money for investment in players
  • Most of the high earners will go and be replaced by cheap options
  • They will struggle and end up mid lower table
  • Grant will go
  • Within 2 or 3 seasons they will fall into League 1 but I expect that will be the bottoming of their demise
  • If there are financial irregularities all the above bets are off other than Grant going and a points deduction will see them relegated to in Div 1 at the end of next season.

I'm still not sure about the CVA.

HMRC have yet to reveal their hand and the firesale has yet to really kick in.

They could be in a seriously perilous state on the pitch come August.

I'm still not sure about the CVA.

HMRC have yet to reveal their hand and the firesale has yet to really kick in.

They could be in a seriously perilous state on the pitch come August.

If the CVA is not accepted they are liquidated. Players contracts revert to PFA so no sale value. There is nothing to sell so HMRC get nothing. They will NOT go down that route. They will argue and make sure every penny is squeezed out but they collect for the public purse and will not throw it all away.

If they do not sell the club then I agree about the perilous state in August. In that case liquidation might be the only answer

Edited by Weston Saint

If the CVA is not accepted they are liquidated. Players contracts revert to PFA so no sale value. There is nothing to sell so HMRC get nothing. They will NOT go down that route. They will argue and make sure every penny is squeezed out but they collect for the public purse and will not throw it all away.

If they do not sell the club then I agree about the perilous state in August. In that case liquidation might be the only answer

I'm sure it will be accepted I'm just not sure that it will be the CVA that AA puts forward.

HMRC and the other committee members could yet challenge Baloo's claim for secured status which changes the game.

Some players will go soon and others will still be there until the transfer window is about to close, sucking wages out of the club, and will then be sold off cheap and all the while the manager, who won't be Grant, will be attempting to put a team of low cost/loan players together.

Unless they want to set a very serious precedent for other football clubs concerning their dealings with the taxman?????

I'm not clued up in dealings like this and I may be clutching at straws :wink:

If HMRC got frozen out re: the CVA, surely they'd go back to court it the SOA and question where all this extra debt has suddenly materialised from

CVA appears the only hope (or threat, depending where you happen to stand). It isn't difficult to understand what the fans want, or how they feel. Let's remember what we felt like this time last year.

What is much more of a struggle is to understand what possibly could be the attraction to take this debt laden albatross on unless you are a dyed in the wool supporter with little interest in your children's inheritance.

Some of the heavier debts is secured against the real estate, so even with a CVA you take over something which can't carry it's own costs and therefore can't plan for any reasonable future.

If they are playing at all next season I guess they will fall straight through CCC and that we will see them dropping when we're going up next year. That will be the end of competitive games maybe for all time. Part of me is in jubilation to see all the Pompey arrogance having to be paid for at last, but another part wonders how happy I will be if our biggest derbys in the future will be against Bournemouth!

CVA is looking the most likely option but it's so complex I can see it dragging out and them getting a points deduction similar to Leeds who also had a CVA agreed.

I would be amazed if the other clubs let them get away with it, it's in all the other Championship club's interests to have them docked points, people like Ken Bates will be desperate to see fair punishment handed out.

I think HMRC are gunning for a football club to go down the pan. Why give Pompey another chance to welch on their taxes again in the future.

If Pompey weren't a football club, but a normal trading business, it would have been closed down by now, and the directors would be up on charges.

I'm sure it will be accepted I'm just not sure that it will be the CVA that AA puts forward.

HMRC and the other committee members could yet challenge Baloo's claim for secured status which changes the game.

Some players will go soon and others will still be there until the transfer window is about to close, sucking wages out of the club, and will then be sold off cheap and all the while the manager, who won't be Grant, will be attempting to put a team of low cost/loan players together.

Agree with you on this.

If the CVA is not accepted they are liquidated. Players contracts revert to PFA so no sale value. There is nothing to sell so HMRC get nothing.

I don't get that, surely the administrator can sell any assets he wants before going into liquidation, didn't our administrator sell Surman?

I don't get that, surely the administrator can sell any assets he wants before going into liquidation, didn't our administrator sell Surman?
Yes until he places them into liquidation he can sell the players and use the money towards the debt. I was talking about when it reaches liquidation

All that "romance of the cup" ******** really annoys me. This is a squad which was assembled at the cost of £140m of debt, for the sole purpose of buying success, without the intention over the last 9 months of paying back more than the merest slither of what is owed - despite numerous chances to do so. Where is the romance in that? Is it somehow romantic to be crap for 38 league matches but save your fight for 8 cup games? Is it really that much of a hardship to incur a 9 point penalty for defrauding local businesses and charities when that penalty actually makes no difference as you're already 5 points off safety when it's applied and 7 off safety when the season ends?

If that's romance, then we're obviously struggling to make this old competition exciting any more. It wasn't David vs Goliath, it was the club which could afford the very best against the club which couldn't afford the very best but bought it anyway. The spirit of the 1988 Wimbledon v Liverpool final must be spinning in it's grave. How could any of the commentators compare this year's clash of overpaid winners vs overpaid losers to the game which saw the trophy lifted by a team of lowly-paid battlers who had fought theIr way up from the non-leagues? You might as well pack up your book of cliches and go home.

As for Avram and his fairy tales, I've got another sordid story for him to spin into something glamorous. It's a tale which is quintessentially 2008-2010. It's about a group of highly-paid, so-called professionals showered with bonus payments who start off drunk with their own success but end up in failure, bankrupting their employers, dragging everyone down with them. No, it's not the Pompey story, it's the story of the banking industry. If Avram can spin that into a story of romance and rugged underdogs, ambassadors of their industry then I'll genuinely believe in fairy tales...

Yes until he places them into liquidation he can sell the players and use the money towards the debt. I was talking about when it reaches liquidation

The value of players is not a reason why they cannot be liquidated then is it.

they could sell their entire squad then liquidate a day later, then they could blow off their football debt and avoid paying future liabilities like players wages on the players they cannot sell.

Edited by aintforever