Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Or the fact our record signing was Rory bloody Delap for £4m.... I can't be the only one who was wandering how the filth could outspend us regurly when they came up...

I remember when the Delap transfer was announce thinking we're been had and how tight fisted Lowe could sanction such a huge amount on an ordinary player. I wonder if this had played it's part on his attitude of why spend big if there are no guarantees on player success.

Anyway, here's to a summer of turmoil and change for the blue squad and management so the lack of pre-season once again brings a long run of defeats to the start of their season.

Most of those guys were signed last summer when they knew they were skint. Piquionne & Dindane were also taken on for £30k/week +.

Boateng's £22,000-a-week contract lasts until 2012, with Portsmouth hoping to realise a transfer fee of around £5 million. Portsmouth will also listen to offers for Nadir Belhadj, John Utaka, Michael Brown, Papa Bouba Diop, Hayden Mullins and Aaron Mokoena, who are all on weekly wages between £15,000 and £32,000.

When we knew we were in trouble we loaned out the high earners we couldn't sell and played kids. And how the hell do they think they can afford to pay £10k/week in the CCC even if they start on zero points and zero debt?

AA was talking of a £10m slary budget per annum. Why would the creditors allow this. £5m a year off that adds £25m to the CVA payout - probably doubling the payout.

Even £5m pa on salaries is £100k per week. 25 players on £4k per week.

Can't be right.

AA was talking of a £10m slary budget per annum. Why would the creditors allow this. £5m a year off that adds £25m to the CVA payout - probably doubling the payout.

Can't be right.

Perhaps they won't pay the taxes...

Can't be right.

This is the problem. Our administrator and just about every other one, considers it their job to get the business back on an even keel and get as much debt repaid to the creditors as is humanly possible. The Android however seems to think that having a competitive team is of paramount importance, and everyone else can go whistle. But then, they are CHEATS after all.

Had a great belly-laugh reading this in The News just now.

Avram Grant will make a final decision on his Pompey future this week after so nearly pulling off the biggest FA Cup final upset of all time.

These delusional idiots who call themselves Journalists, are obviously too young, or couldn't be arsed to do their research, or else they would have known that there are probably two major FA Cup upsets that rank as greater than theirs, had they beat Chelski. These are Sunderland against Leeds, (having also defeated Man City and Arsenal on the way) and Southampton against Manchester United. Many would say that Wimbledon's victory against Liverpool rates right up there, but Wimbledon were only a few places below Liverpool in the top flight when they did it, whereas both Sunderland and us we in the second division at the time.

Although the Skates might have been at the opposite end of the table to Chelski, IMO the gap was wider between Sunderland and Revie's Leeds and us and Docherty's United, as both Sunderland and us were second division teams. And even in relative terms, allowing for inflation, the Skates team has to have been far costlier than the one that we had when we beat United.

I'm getting hacked off with the number of times I've had to respond to the statement: "well, Southampton did the same thing last year" from friends and relatives when I happen to drop into conversation that Pompey cheated their way to the cup final. (not that we got to a cup final, just a general comparison about us both going into administration)

Is there a one pager document anywhere that I can simply hand out at dinner parties etc that simply lists in two columns the differences between ours and Pompey's situation? (yes, I know getting it all onto one page is 'quart and pint pot' territory but it would save me a lot of headbanging at social gatherings!)

Cheers

Club A in Prem - living within its means despite pressure to spend on players to ensure Prem survival - borrows 30 mil to invest in a new stadium/infrastructure for teh long term future - can maange this mortgage because its a well structured official loan with credible FSA regulated lender. Problems arrise later following relegation, and despite the club having been cautious and including wage reductions in contracts, new owners spend 7 mil (a little stupidly) ina do or die effort to get us promoted - it does not quite work and following teh return of previous board who do implement futher cost reductions, keep paying the HMRC and, are shat on by Barclays depsite the reduction in the overdraft facility and are placed in admin.

Club accepts in punishment which cost it a possible promotion under new owners.

Club B. On promotion to the prem begin a spending spree for new players each year under the watchful eye of Sir Harold the peoples manager. Sir Harold claims he asked and he got and it was not is job to worry about affordibilty. Mr Hans Christian Storrieteller grants his wishes based on the fact that a new Owner has 'gifted' the club huge sums and promised more (although this turns out to be loans and for land/assets etc), clubs is sold several times to various types who were all welcomed with open arms by club B's worldfamous 8 million fans of who 8000 go to games when not in the prem - Beacsue they are RICH and Arabs etc who also gift money to the club - which they dont actually do, but HC Storrieteller pretends its all true and so lets Sir Harold continue to spend like they are Real Madrid or something buying players that give them a huge advantage on wages that dwarf their income, which allows them to beat Millwall in the FA Cup final which places them as a global brand attracting more Arabs with huge wealth to invest in teh club... only they dont... yet Storrieteller keeps spending even after Sir Harold has left the club that is in his blood asthey push on for teh champions league... only, they have now not paid a lot of bills - some 40 mil worth and yet.... instead of cutting costs and selling players, they conmtinue to spend until these debts have reached 135 mil and they reach another cup final because of teh players they still have but cant afford ...but what a fairytale, is it not nice that they reach teh FA CUP final again despite being relegated because afterall its not teh fans fault or teh players on huge wages, butthose evil owners and directors who granted them a FA CUP win and no one had a bad thing to say about them then... only when teh **** hit the fan... and the charities and small businesses were complaining about not getting their due...

There you go, bit long but sort of sums it up ;-)

That challenge on Ballack by Boateng was scandalous and as I recall didn't even get a yellow. What a shocking refereeing error.

Diop should have been booked twice in the first 16 minutes and once again after about an hour.

When a team is determined to use nasty tactics it is up to the ref to set a benchmark. There is "letting the game go" but there is also "encouraging cynicism".

More of a disgrace than the ref though, who got the major decisions right after all and otherwise had a pretty good game, is that awful pitch. What an embarrassment and what a predictable piece of incompetence from the FA.

Club A in Prem - living within its means despite pressure to spend on players to ensure Prem survival - borrows 30 mil to invest in a new stadium/infrastructure for teh long term future -

Bear in mind also that Club A already has it's own training ground...

More of a disgrace than the ref though, who got the major decisions right after all and otherwise had a pretty good game, is that awful pitch. What an embarrassment and what a predictable piece of incompetence from the FA.

Well said. It's been relaid since we played there in March and it's still just as bad. Embarrassing to think that they've got the Champions League final there next season, and they want to play the World Cup on it......

These delusional idiots who call themselves Journalists, are obviously too young, or couldn't be arsed to do their research, or else they would have known that there are probably two major FA Cup upsets that rank as greater than theirs, had they beat Chelski. These are Sunderland against Leeds, (having also defeated Man City and Arsenal on the way) and Southampton against Manchester United. Many would say that Wimbledon's victory against Liverpool rates right up there, but Wimbledon were only a few places below Liverpool in the top flight when they did it, whereas both Sunderland and us we in the second division at the time.

Although the Skates might have been at the opposite end of the table to Chelski, IMO the gap was wider between Sunderland and Revie's Leeds and us and Docherty's United, as both Sunderland and us were second division teams. And even in relative terms, allowing for inflation, the Skates team has to have been far costlier than the one that we had when we beat United.

Both us and Sunderland were 6th in Div 2, and both Leeds and Man U were 3rd in Div 1 at the time of the final. As the First Div had 22 teams in it, the gap in both '73 and '76 was 25 places.

The Cheats were only 19 places below Chelsea on Sat.

Most of those guys were signed last summer when they knew they were skint. Piquionne & Dindane were also taken on for £30k/week +.

Boateng's £22,000-a-week contract lasts until 2012, with Portsmouth hoping to realise a transfer fee of around £5 million. Portsmouth will also listen to offers for Nadir Belhadj, John Utaka, Michael Brown, Papa Bouba Diop, Hayden Mullins and Aaron Mokoena, who are all on weekly wages between £15,000 and £32,000.

When we knew we were in trouble we loaned out the high earners we couldn't sell and played kids. And how the hell do they think they can afford to pay £10k/week in the CCC even if they start on zero points and zero debt?

Quite. The only reason they can even contemplate a £10m PA budget is because they will be stuck with AT LEAST half a dozen players on daft wages who they simply cannot shift.

And as for the idea of footballers taking voluntary pay reductions..........................

anyone know when that last happened?

BTW, wouldn't mind taking Tommy Smith and his wages off their outgoings.

But to be fair what they meant was (what with p*mpey being such a tiny club) if some bankrupt minnows like them beat a big club like Chelski then that surley would have been a shock.

Fortunately the big boys did beat the cheating small fry so it was never really an issue.

And as for the idea of footballers taking voluntary pay reductions..........................

The only notable one I can think of recently is Mido playing for Spurs for a grand a week.

You forgot West Ham beating Arsenal in 1980 as a second division team.

I think we 've established that it wouldn't have made the top five of great underdog victories had they won - and they didn't, so it doesn't matter!

Any news yet on pervy Grant's appeal against the free kick?

It was a plot by the FA and the Premier League to break their spirit, but they never will, oh no, passion, best fans, blah, blah, blah........idiot.

I wonder what the likes of Barcelona and the Milans make of it when they see a big Carling Cup night at Fratton Park on the telly and the ludicrous claim to be the best supporters in the world/europe, (depending on which delusional clown is spouting it), ditto Liverpool on a big european night.

When the kop chanted 'justice for the 96' for six minutes I recall them muttering in scouse afterwards about how they envied the passion of the blue few and wished they could compete with them.

Then again Liverpool would have sold all of their seats for a cup final so it's swings and roundabouts.

Storrie back at the helm, criminal activity unchecked, firesale imminent, it's just like the old days!

Well said. It's been relaid since we played there in March and it's still just as bad. Embarrassing to think that they've got the Champions League final there next season, and they want to play the World Cup on it......

Well that won't happen thanks to the latest FA ****-up

Yes it can nick this is what i posted from my friend who is senior HMRC employee (corporate accounts div)

Quote: A bit of bad news for us wanting them to get hammered, they wont. From what i'm told by a friend of mine who does corporate investigation for the HMRC, told me they will let P**pey have the CVA and then Liquidate the company, which then allows the HMRC to invoke CA2 rule which means they would then go after the former directors for the money owed.

Anyone think that HMRC may have been following this thread?

06-05-2010, 04:58 PM

A back of the fag packet calculation leaves me thinking that this is how it may pan out.

Chanrai's loan is deemed unsecured, thus total unsecured debt is £135M. HMRC is claiming £35M, which is 25.9% of the total. Is it possible that HMRC is going to say to the directors of PCFC that if the company can't pay them, then the directors (ie the gunrunners son) will have to and if they don't, they will vote against the CVA in 28 days time?

Didn't Paul Telfer voluntarily terminate his contract with the Cherries when he got a bad injury? Nice chap is Telfs.

But to be fair what they meant was (what with p*mpey being such a tiny club) if some bankrupt minnows like them beat a big club like Chelski then that surley would have been a shock.

Fortunately the big boys did beat the cheating small fry so it was never really an issue.

I like the fishy metaphors - are they deliberate or just the way we are trained to think about them?

No. The PL punished them for going into administration. The FL will punish them for not having their CVA sorted out in time.:-) (And maybe also for numerous other reasons: unaudited accounts, shadow directors, and anything else that relates to the FL's need to guarantee why the club should be allowed their golden share.)

You're right if the CVA isn't sorted out in time. But from what we hear it appears that it may well be. :(

The timing of when all the other dirt comes out is also critical, methinks. If it comes out after they have started life in the CCC on zero points, the FL may indeed try to hit them belatedly with penalties, but the cheats (having established a foothold in the CCC) could take it to court, claiming that the FL don't have the right to punish them for crimes committed in the PL. They may or may not win.

On the other hand, if all the crimes (that we here on SWF are aware of) become officially established before they get the golden share, then indeed the FL could deny them entry into the CCC unless they take a points penalty without appeal (similar to what happened to us).

Can't be right.

Blackmail I suspect. The creditors will be given the choice of 20p in the pound and accept the £10m salary budget per annum, or liquidation, no parachute monies, and 1 or 2p in the pound.

CHEATING BASTARDS

Blackmail I suspect. The creditors will be given the choice of 20p in the pound and accept the £10m salary budget per annum, or liquidation, no parachute monies, and 1 or 2p in the pound.

CHEATING BASTARDS

That's fine but Andronikou's conduct would seriously be in question then. His duty is to preserve the business and secure a good result for the creditors. HMRC would be all over him if he tried to play hardball too much.

I read a while back that the fraud squad are definately investigating PCFC.

I find this hard to believe however, as Hampshire constabulary closed down it's fraud squad a couple of years ago. As far as I understand the Serious Fraud squad at Scotland yard are not involved and their investigations tend to be quite slow anyway.

sorry if already been poste but how can they offer david james a new contract? i seem to remember we couldnt offer kelv one because we were in admin!? can any one enlighten me? cheers

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Blues-table-James-deal.6298668.jp

True, but remember. We were run by a professional administrator who actually was working in the general creditor's best interests. His business model involved cutting cost.

They have a clown who is working for their puppet owner's best interest, his business model involves spending like it's Xmas eve in the hope of fudging through an immoral CVA.

yes he was technically playing for West Ham, but Harry was slipping him a few quid as part of the deal that took Begovic to Stoke and saw Higgins lose to Steve Davis, a knock on from the day that Segers dived over three Everton shots in fifteen minutes and Matt kicked it out for a throw from the kick off - all above board.

sorry if already been poste but how can they offer david james a new contract? i seem to remember we couldnt offer kelv one because we were in admin!? can any one enlighten me? cheers

just pmsl at some of the comments on there, especialy the bloke saying there was a conspiracy against them at Wembley, to keep them quiet by playing the wrong music :smt043 & also they had there big "News" flag taken away but the nasty Chelsea lot where allowed their's ! :smt043:rolleyes:

Am I missing something? "Blues table James deal"? Do they honestly think they have an earthly's of getting him to stay??! The deluded comments from the blue few beneath that article would suggest they are even lower on the IQ spectrum than we imagined! "He'll be the basis of a good CCC side"; "Lets hope we keep Rocha too". Seriously - what are they on??!

How the hell can they offer HRMC and local business and charities 20p in the pound one minute then try and keep hold of an England international keeper the next?!?

Cheating skate ****s.

I'm sure the chairmen of every other Championship side - who can't afford an England international goal keeper - will be well chuffed reading about pompey's plans.

Edited by aintforever

How about this AC Milan chap

Having effectively been unable to play for a year of his three-year deal, which was due to end in 2012,

Onyewu negotiated a one-year contract extension and told the club he did not want a salary during his final year.

The American, who has recovered from his injury and is part of his country's World Cup squad, will now remain at the San Siro

until the end of June 2013.

A club statement read: "Onyewu - who has been out for virtually the whole season due to injury, but who at this time is getting

ready to face the World Cup adventure in South Africa with his national team - has become a star today with a significant gesture

from a personal and professional standpoint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8687672.stm

Edited by Saint in Paradise

yes he was technically playing for West Ham, but Harry was slipping him a few quid as part of the deal that took Begovic to Stoke and saw Higgins lose to Steve Davis, a knock on from the day that Segers dived over three Everton shots in fifteen minutes and Matt kicked it out for a throw from the kick off - all above board.

I do believe that you missed out one important word there....

Allegedly

True, but remember. We were run by a professional administrator who actually was working in the general creditor's best interests. His business model involved cutting cost.

They have a clown who is working for their puppet owner's best interest, his business model involves spending like it's Xmas eve in the hope of fudging through an immoral CVA.

In all of the thousands of words written on the subject, you have in only a few been able to sum up with exactitude what is currently happening in that darkly satanical place.

Let's hope the powers that be, both judicial and football, can see this sham so openly paraded before them, and take action to rid the football world of this plague of a club and all those who have used it for their own ends (gun runners, money launderers, scam artists, charity diddlers, tax cheats etc).

IMO it never could be either legally or morally right for the major creditor to announce he was appointing and financing the administrator, especially one with such a dodgy background, when an administration is supposed to be self financing and not paid for by the bloke who wants to get most out of it.

You can hardly wonder that we may query what is going on behind the scenes down there, or under the carpet if you like. Brown paper bags (probably the only growth industry in Pmuff) anyone...

I think the relevant quotation is:

'There are financial considerations, but we have informally made an offer to him and hopefully we'll move it on in the next few days.'

Hey Dave, if we were to get a new owner and all the cr*p gets sorted, would you be interested in staying?

I'd certainly consider it, Andy.

And thus Mr Android has another encouraging headline to keep the mongs happy

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})