Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Or even 3rd and failing in the play off final would probably leave them screwed.

So close, and yet so far. I'd love to see the look on Corpse Whore's face if that were to happen. :lol:

Maybe, but the two teams in the final usually agree that the losers will take all the proceeds from the game. Not a lot, I'm sure, but every little helps.

It would go straight into BC's pockets, just before he liquidates them. :D

there's Lawrence on a bank-busting £20K a week demanding his mates should also smash the wagecap??

He must have no grasp of the state of the company he has just joined and the fact that his wages alone will be enough to keep the squad numbers down.

Even with the transfer money that hasn't come in I believe their cva requires the wages to come down to £3-8K a week - so Kitson and Lawrence are earning the wages of eight players.

Lawrence sounds like an idiot - and as he's just been given a lengthy contract/gravy train he could be more loyal.

Unless he's off next week....

player + thinking out loud + maths = funny

There will be no contract negotiations with Hughes and Brown,Lampitt is away on a skiing holiday.
So can cotterill sign player deals? if not that is bad timing going on holliday in the transfer window.... :)

to quote a pompey message board...

Skiing holiday? Quite appropriate given the speed at which the club is flying downhill at the moment.
Edited by tony13579

The Self Destruct button has been pushed;

Players coming out and lambasting the owner

Manager who don't know what is going on

Fans don't have a clue what to do and arguing between themselves

Total silence from the Owner

DL on holiday

Have players on top wages who can't play - but have to be paid

Attendances going down hill -

Transfer budget - On record as being "bargain basement special"

Club infrastructure falling apart - no youth policy

The whole thing is utter chaos

Still never mind - I hear Maradonna and the new ground will soon be sorted :lol::lol::lol:

I love this quote from a Pompy representative -

"Alternative premises were being used for ticket sales because the ex-owner of the club, which recently escaped being liquidated by administrators, still owns the ticket office and this was not open."

Hahaha

They need money yet can't get their act together to collect it from supporters.

Oh, and they are finding even more ways to annoy the FL

The above article

The Football League is contacting Portsmouth FC for an explanation.

The above article

One fan, calling himself Pompey Pete, of Portsmouth, wrote: "They had the same trouble with the previous home match against Millwall so no lessons were learnt from it.

"..................

.........."What a bloody shambles."

Yes at last Pompey Fan in print agreeing his club is a shambles Woo HOO

If it was'nt so tragic it would be hilarious :lol:

The scales are fast falling from the eyes of the FL, other clubs in their division and even their own fishy fans - The club is a basket case laughing stock !

Oh cripes...I thought this thread was a goner...!

Anyway. Here's a little snippet. Read Alan Sugar's book over Xmas.

Turns out Fuglers used to be linked to Terry Venables during his spat with Sugar. Hmm. Said Venables has history with Pompey > so do Fuglers..

I dont understand how Fugler's are so wrapped up in all this.... they are just a small estate agency/solicitor firm. They are a stones throw from where i work in London

WTF are Pompey going to do if the FL tell them to hand over some refunds?

It doesn't sound like they have enough income to sustain there current outgoings so a few refunds could cause them some serious grief!

Come on FL!! Deal with it properly please!

Blackburn and Spurs are going to be well miffed when pompey outbid them for Ronaldinho and Beckham - and the funny thing is they could probably get them for the money they have paid Utaka, Nugent, Lawrence and Kitson.

If only they still owned the club shop it would be worth it for shirt sales, and if they owned a ticket office as well they could try and fill the ground too, and some fans might even get in before kick off.

Say what you want about Storrie but he would have sealed those two signings by now.

So, a few months on from them "getting away with it" and they still give us things to laugh at.

Fair play to Mac and Mero for coming back to join in on the banter every now and then. I think I would find it hard to show my face if our club went through as much crap as there's.

Just think, if things hadnt gone for them on numerous occasions over the past year or so, they could by now be supporting an afc pompey or similar doing things the right way and fighting for a legitimate place in a lower league. Even having a few of us wishing them a speedy return to a league near us so the rivalry can continue.

As it is they are still clinging on by a thread throwing money away on players that will no doubt move on somewhere else as soon as the club has gone pop while the creditors sit and wait for the whole thing to go belly up.

Will they make it till the end of the season or will it all crumble by the end of Jan?

So, a few months on from them "getting away with it" and they still give us things to laugh at.

Fair play to Mac and Mero for coming back to join in on the banter every now and then. I think I would find it hard to show my face if our club went through as much crap as there's.

Just think, if things hadnt gone for them on numerous occasions over the past year or so, they could by now be supporting an afc pompey or similar doing things the right way and fighting for a legitimate place in a lower league. Even having a few of us wishing them a speedy return to a league near us so the rivalry can continue.

As it is they are still clinging on by a thread throwing money away on players that will no doubt move on somewhere else as soon as the club has gone pop while the creditors sit and wait for the whole thing to go belly up.

Will they make it till the end of the season or will it all crumble by the end of Jan?

they will be praying for a replay against brighton and then get us in the next round at SMS. Please not again, so they get a big payday and still sad to say would beat us. They still have a good squad however small it is.

they will be praying for a replay against brighton and then get us in the next round at SMS. Please not again, so they get a big payday and still sad to say would beat us. They still have a good squad however small it is.

There is certainly no money worth talking about to come from Brighton away in the cup. In fact they will lose money on trip despite a share of the have receipts. Their only hope of turning a profit is a draw with the replay on tv. Know a lot of seagulls fans here are looking at progressing

They do have a good First XI, but they really don't have a good squad. (they can't even fill the subs bench after all...)

Blackburn and Spurs are going to be well miffed when pompey outbid them for Ronaldinho and Beckham - and the funny thing is they could probably get them for the money they have paid Utaka, Nugent, Lawrence and Kitson.

If only they still owned the club shop it would be worth it for shirt sales, and if they owned a ticket office as well they could try and fill the ground too, and some fans might even get in before kick off.

Say what you want about Storrie but he would have sealed those two signings by now.

This was seriously damaged by fire last week......now if i was into conspiracy theories.....

This was confirmed in the Portsmouth evening news, fire in the roof space,now back to conspiracy theories.....

Edited by saint lard

My god, there's some fatuous nonsense in that, isn't there? Mealy-mouthed platitudes aimed at numpties who know no better.

"I don’t intend to put the club's future at risk by pursuing a spending policy that cannot be supported, that significantly increases the club's indebtedness or risks the intervention of the Football League, who oversee and approve all our player trading in line with the business plan."

So the FL do have a copy of the Business Plan, and could veto any transfer that jeopardises it? Nice to know. Let's see if the FL have got a pair.

"We must learn to live within our means knowing that, by operating in this way, any success we achieve will be hard-earned but untainted." That must be a new and strange concept to them.

"We also have to be mindful of our responsibilities to pay creditors under the terms of the CVA which is obviously a burden most other clubs do not have to contend with."

Correct, most other clubs do not have to contend with that burden. They contend with a different burden. That of trying to maintain a competitive squad while remaining within their financial restrictions, and not sticking two fingers up at everyone. What a fatuous thing to say. Is he hoping to curry some sympathy by trying to portray them as a club which operates under a handicap which others don't?

"...Head office which, I'm happy to say has now been successfully relocated to Fratton Park. Moving the main office and ticket office from Rodney Road back to the ground makes commercial sense – we don’t have to pay rent at the ground." Don't have to? Or can't afford to? What's the truth?

"I must pass on my thanks.....NRJ builders who have worked around the clock to make it all possible..." I hope NRJ asked for money up front,

"...and to our landlord at the Rodney Road site, Mr Gaydamak, who was very accommodating in the arrangements for our exit." In other words, he kicked you out.

One of the finest examples of spun gold in language I have seen for some while. Absolutely brilliant, and masterfully written. Stalin would have been proud.

And this would bring a tear to a glass eye.

"Steve and I were hopeful that they (Brown and Hughes) would not have played their last games for us and that their desire to play football for this great club, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the team-mates who they have fought so hard with all season, would be their over-riding priority."

Pass me a hankie....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-withdraw-contract-offers-for.6680818.jp

I particularly enjoyed this quote: Neither player agreed to the terms on offer and the club has now withdrawn the contract offers, which makes it almost certain that both will now leave Fratton Park during the transfer window

As far as I can see, there are two options, both equally amusing -

1. They leave and sign for someone else, but only after Poopey have paid off their contracts in full till the end of the season.

And 2. Even better, they carry on drawing their £30k/week whilst not playing and occupying two squad places.

36000posts on and this thread is still only in the pre-match warm-up phase

If the skates leave out Brown and Hughes for the rest of the season, then surely the FL should come down on them for not playing their strongest available team?

Also, do the players not have a case for constructive dismissal? They have no alternative but to break contract if they want to play football...

If the skates leave out Brown and Hughes for the rest of the season, then surely the FL should come down on them for not playing their strongest available team?

I doubt it. Should we have got into trouble for not fielding Skacel, Rasiak and Stern John back in 08/09?

We were heading in to (and trying to avoid) admin at the time though... the skates have just come out of it, and therefore should be solvent enough to honour their players' contracts...

Just found the relevant rule (section 5 of the FL regulations for anyone interested):

22.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to the Football Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

We were heading in to (and trying to avoid) admin at the time though... the skates have just come out of it, and therefore should be solvent enough to honour their players' contracts...

Just found the relevant rule (section 5 of the FL regulations for anyone interested):

22.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to the Football Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

To be fair, we cant really have it both ways. Either the FL force them to play them and trigger the unsustainable contracts, or the FL monitor their finances and stop them from screwing it all up again. I am guessing this would fall under the "satisfactory reason" bit.

To be fair, we cant really have it both ways. Either the FL force them to play them and trigger the unsustainable contracts, or the FL monitor their finances and stop them from screwing it all up again. I am guessing this would fall under the "satisfactory reason" bit.

True, but there is an argument that the (virtually certain) contract extensions should have been taken in to account as part of the CVA, as a known future liability.

I got nothing to add. Just wanted to join in some how.

Dear Constant Reader

Every day that you come onto this thread you and the millions of others out there breathe a tiny piece of new life into this marvellous work of Non-Fictional entertainment. By now we have far surpassed even the wildest dreams of the erstwhile master of twists, turns, evil, darkness and the mere mundane depravity of the perils of Human existance. We have surpassed even the great Stephen King in the number of pages and words of this, the greatest of all the Horror stories of modern times.

To have found such tales of Life after Death, sheer unadulterated horror at the callous disregard for Human Charity by such a procession of evil characters places such a work of art beyond even the possibilities of Hollywood.

No sir, your mere presence peeking out from behind the sofa and registering your view of the thread ensures that this, The Horror Story of All Horror Stories will continue to grow as the plot continues to thicken, new heroes make their Stand against The Dark Tower, as those tales of Misery about The Bag of Bones somewhat more than a Green Mile down the M27 carry a tone of even darker Desperation.

The Skeleton Crew left to Carrie the battle for Promotion as The Regulators continue to circle will be shown to have been as effective as a Dreamcatcher as The Storm of the Century finally catches up with those that try to live Under The Dome.

When The Mist finally clears, Just after Sunset, the only possible ending will be the Cell.

Dear Constant Reader

Every day that you come onto this thread you and the millions of others out there breathe a tiny piece of new life into this marvellous work of Non-Fictional entertainment. By now we have far surpassed even the wildest dreams of the erstwhile master of twists, turns, evil, darkness and the mere mundane depravity of the perils of Human existance. We have surpassed even the great Stephen King in the number of pages and words of this, the greatest of all the Horror stories of modern times.

To have found such tales of Life after Death, sheer unadulterated horror at the callous disregard for Human Charity by such a procession of evil characters places such a work of art beyond even the possibilities of Hollywood.

No sir, your mere presence peeking out from behind the sofa and registering your view of the thread ensures that this, The Horror Story of All Horror Stories will continue to grow as the plot continues to thicken, new heroes make their Stand against The Dark Tower, as those tales of Misery about The Bag of Bones somewhat more than a Green Mile down the M27 carry a tone of even darker Desperation.

The Skeleton Crew left to Carrie the battle for Promotion as The Regulators continue to circle will be shown to have been as effective as a Dreamcatcher as The Storm of the Century finally catches up with those that try to live Under The Dome.

When The Mist finally clears, Just after Sunset, the only possible ending will be the Cell.

What the f*ck are you on about Phil? :lol:

'Herzog and De Meuron only make one arena per country,' Gaydamak says, proudly. 'Realistically, by 2011 we'll play our first game there.' Plans are also advanced for a new training ground 'modelled on Arsenal's - another sign that we want only the best'.

Is Corp around to provide an update on the new ground, it should be taking shape now?

What the f*ck are you on about Phil? :lol:

Totally distracted, was yacking with the GF about a Stephen King book she should read, went onto Wiki to try and find it and somehow it seems almost all his titles fit our story.

My apologies. Won't happen again.

Un til my New Year's resolution gets broken & I get back on the Cab Sav)

8)

Wow so the swear filter now blocks a word that means "up to the time that or when"

Edited by dubai_phil
lol at swear filter