Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Assuming you'referring to our debt, before Chainrai came in we were about £35m in debt. That somehow rose to the £132m Andronikou quoted. Our financial problems have been engineered/ manipulated by these crooks for their own benefit but somehow, in your (Saints fans) hatred and bitterness to PFC it's become the club's/ fans fault. We had no problems with HMRC up until Gaydamak stopped funding and Standard Bank called in a £40m loan overnight - a bit more than the £6K that caused your problems eh?

You lot constantly bleat about wages for loan players with absolutely no clue about how much we're paying them, whether we're paying anything of their wages or a percentage. You say we should have moved players on to cut the wage bill but they're on contracts and refuse to leave. You pick on one post by a Pompey fan on a message board somewhere and somehow it becomes representative of every Pompey fans views but ignore the fact that Saints fans post incredibly dumb comments on this very board (Lambert for England anyone?).

The year we were promoted the common view on here was that we bought it. Now you're doing just that it's apparently completely acceptable. It's all so laughable. Or would be if anything new got posted. It's just the same old ****, going round and round and round and it's dull and boring.

It used to be a really good laugh on this board but Christ, you lot got so bitter about seeing us above you after relegation and then the cup win. It's so dull.

4 -1 x 2. PMSL

Stop right there Ho you dirty little ****ing pikey, just ****ing stop.

Why Ho why do you turn up and try and defend your club.

if you ever manage to stop picking up rollie buts off the floor down at John Jaques and look up to the sky, or even put your web-proof sandals on and venture over the white cliffs of paulsgrove, you will see that the rest of the world will no longer take the skates seriously, the world holds you in contempt.

If fact, why don’t you just go and ****ing choke on storries cock you ****.

For your information, your accounts from way before your first fa cup theft demonstrated clear insolvency, with unsecured liabilities of WAY over £60m (may have been 80 IIRC). Even back then you mugs valued your pathetic little cesspit of a stadium at £10m, which is clearly ****ing rediculous as even the dimmest of oik speaking skates can see its nothing but a liability.

I remember reading those accounts, and telling a skate mate of mine there and then, you’re ****ed. he is a typical one though, poorly educated and can’t comprehend anything other than Sol cambell earning 100k a week is a lot.

You had plenty of problems with the taxman/HMRC way before Gadymack stopped pretending to fund you, he himself had previous for mugging off charities and the taxman through his old insolvent companies, he is a career theif, no wonder he ended up sticking one up a bunch of ******s like you.

In one of your many many shameful court appearances (broadcast to the world on skysports news, by their chief news reporter, how embarrassing) a judge mentioned that you had been doging tax and paye since 2006.

I think you have conveniently forgotten that your former heros milan, redknapp and storrie are all up for tax evasion, you have been a launderette for years, and you have been pumping your disposable income straight into the bank accounts of a bunch of criminals - no wonder your so ****ing bitter!

Willie Mckay anyone? or have you forgotten that name too in your typically skate short memory? He was/is arrys agent, and does all his dirty work for him, such as illegal transfers of Amdy Faye, and manipulating book making markets. After arry stated 'i will never return to pompey' a staggering £16m was lumped on arry to go back to the fish ****ing retards, after he had offered guarantees he wouldn’t. 16m sounds a bit much for a speculative punt no? it is believed that arry personally profited £6m on the bookies through his act of deception - cheers Willy!

You, are, stupid. You forget all the dirty little games that has gone on at your club. I could go on and on reciting examples of theft, deception, corruption all day long if I had the time. mind you, there’s probably not much point as you are clearly as ****ing retarded as all them pompey birds i used to **** on the back of a fake name. ho how i used to chuckle, they were so ****ing dim, and so ****ing easy, ‘come on you saints’.

you all ****ing are, at least they didn’t turn up to get arse ****ed by gaddy, daddy and chinny week in week out.

You had 6 ****ing months to sort out Standard Chartered you ****, banks don’t just put guns to people’s heads you know, unless they are owned by your former gun running owners, them boys have 200k landmines and 20 military tanks to mess about with. Totally ****ing disgusting.

any news on gaddafi? its such a shame that you lot are part of Hampshire, you drag our reputation into disrepute, its really ****ing embarrassing being associated by default with a bunch of inbred ****s with bells.

The Halford incident the other day summed it up for me, getting a straight red for head butting. Your manager accepts the decision with grace, before remembering that he is in skate land and nothing can be done without causing misery and misfortune to others. **** it, why don’t we whack in a frivolous appeal and stitch up Wovles, who ****ing cares about the football fraternity, we don’t ****ing care about anyone, we don’t even care about robbing terminally ill children!

im surprised mick lent you halford at all, after you illegally out bid solvent wolves last year for players you blatantly couldn’t afford.

I feel for you, the skates and your small time ****ing lives, constantly being looked down upon by the world, its a submissive experience going on that island that stinks of rotten seaweed and the scent of desperation in every corner you turn. i guess you lot just can’t understand the solvency principles, or general decency. the majority of your city are on the take in one way or another, and in the majority of cases, income has always been a bit of chicken feed thrown down by the government, because the majority of you are ****ing incapable of doing anything other than squabbling about whether to drink excelsior or lynx from lidls for the dole queue.

i hope the skates continue to crumble, I particularly liked the article composed with great fear from mr Limpitt, he clearly reads forums and he is well aware that he is fighting a losing battle. Limpitt will eventually toss you lot in ****ter and go on to work at a genuine business, as will cotteril (he is still ruing for not holding out to apply for his dream job - saints).

Pompey is going down with no money in the bank, once again.

Happy New Year Chinny chin chin, and good luck in your 23% rape of the skates, your doing them skanky little ****s for every last penny they have and us saints find it all very amusing.

The skates are ****ed, and there’s three clubs in league one who are all well aware of what you have done, and we don’t want you in our south coast – its better for the south coast if you just **** off and liquidate.

Ho, go and throw yourself off the ****ing m275w.

Why Ho why do you turn up and try and defend your club.

if you ever manage to stop picking up rollie buts off the floor down at John Jaques and look up to the sky, or even put your web-proof sandals on and venture over the white cliffs of paulsgrove, you will see that the rest of the world will no longer take the skates seriously, the world holds you in contempt.

If fact, why don’t you just go and ****ing choke on storries cock you ****.

For your information, your accounts from way before your first fa cup theft demonstrated clear insolvency, with unsecured liabilities of WAY over £60m (may have been 80 IIRC). Even back then you mugs valued your pathetic little cesspit of a stadium at £10m, which is clearly ****ing rediculous as even the dimmest of oik speaking skates can see its nothing but a liability.

I remember reading those accounts, and telling a skate mate of mine there and then, you’re ****ed. he is a typical one though, poorly educated and can’t comprehend anything other than Sol cambell earning 100k a week is a lot.

You had plenty of problems with the taxman/HMRC way before Gadymack stopped pretending to fund you, he himself had previous for mugging off charities and the taxman through his old insolvent companies, he is a career theif, no wonder he ended up sticking one up a bunch of ******s like you.

In one of your many many shameful court appearances (broadcast to the world on skysports news, by their chief news reporter, how embarrassing) a judge mentioned that you had been doging tax and paye since 2006.

I think you have conveniently forgotten that your former heros milan, redknapp and storrie are all up for tax evasion, you have been a launderette for years, and you have been pumping your disposable income straight into the bank accounts of a bunch of criminals - no wonder your so ****ing bitter!

Willie Mckay anyone? or have you forgotten that name too in your typically skate short memory? He was/is arrys agent, and does all his dirty work for him, such as illegal transfers of Amdy Faye, and manipulating book making markets. After arry stated 'i will never return to pompey' a staggering £16m was lumped on arry to go back to the fish ****ing retards, after he had offered guarantees he wouldn’t. 16m sounds a bit much for a speculative punt no? it is believed that arry personally profited £6m on the bookies through his act of deception - cheers Willy!

You, are, stupid. You forget all the dirty little games that has gone on at your club. I could go on and on reciting examples of theft, deception, corruption all day long if I had the time. mind you, there’s probably not much point as you are clearly as ****ing retarded as all them pompey birds i used to **** on the back of a fake name. ho how i used to chuckle, they were so ****ing dim, and so ****ing easy, ‘come on you saints’.

you all ****ing are, at least they didn’t turn up to get arse ****ed by gaddy, daddy and chinny week in week out.

You had 6 ****ing months to sort out Standard Chartered you ****, banks don’t just put guns to people’s heads you know, unless they are owned by your former gun running owners, them boys have 200k landmines and 20 military tanks to mess about with. Totally ****ing disgusting.

any news on gaddafi? its such a shame that you lot are part of Hampshire, you drag our reputation into disrepute, its really ****ing embarrassing being associated by default with a bunch of inbred ****s with bells.

The Halford incident the other day summed it up for me, getting a straight red for head butting. Your manager accepts the decision with grace, before remembering that he is in skate land and nothing can be done without causing misery and misfortune to others. **** it, why don’t we whack in a frivolous appeal and stitch up Wovles, who ****ing cares about the football fraternity, we don’t ****ing care about anyone, we don’t even care about robbing terminally ill children!

im surprised mick lent you halford at all, after you illegally out bid solvent wolves last year for players you blatantly couldn’t afford.

I feel for you, the skates and your small time ****ing lives, constantly being looked down upon by the world, its a submissive experience going on that island that stinks of rotten seaweed and the scent of desperation in every corner you turn. i guess you lot just can’t understand the solvency principles, or general decency. the majority of your city are on the take in one way or another, and in the majority of cases, income has always been a bit of chicken feed thrown down by the government, because the majority of you are ****ing incapable of doing anything other than squabbling about whether to drink excelsior or lynx from lidls for the dole queue.

i hope the skates continue to crumble, I particularly liked the article composed with great fear from mr Limpitt, he clearly reads forums and he is well aware that he is fighting a losing battle. Limpitt will eventually toss you lot in ****ter and go on to work at a genuine business, as will cotteril (he is still ruing for not holding out to apply for his dream job - saints).

Pompey is going down with no money in the bank, once again.

Happy New Year Chinny chin chin, and good luck in your 23% rape of the skates, your doing them skanky little ****s for every last penny they have and us saints find it all very amusing.

The skates are ****ed, and there’s three clubs in league one who are all well aware of what you have done, and we don’t want you in our south coast – its better for the south coast if you just **** off and liquidate.

Ho, go and throw yourself off the ****ing m275w.

Yeah, but what`s your point?:)

Assuming you'referring to our debt, before Chainrai came in we were about £35m in debt. That somehow rose to the £132m Andronikou quoted. Our financial problems have been engineered/ manipulated by these crooks for their own benefit but somehow, in your (Saints fans) hatred and bitterness to PFC it's become the club's/ fans fault. We had no problems with HMRC up until Gaydamak stopped funding and Standard Bank called in a £40m loan overnight - a bit more than the £6K that caused your problems eh?

You lot constantly bleat about wages for loan players with absolutely no clue about how much we're paying them, whether we're paying anything of their wages or a percentage. You say we should have moved players on to cut the wage bill but they're on contracts and refuse to leave. You pick on one post by a Pompey fan on a messageboard somewhere and somehow it becomes representative of every Pompey fans views but ignore the fact that Saints fans post incredibly dumb comments on this very board (Lambert for England anyone?).

The year we were promoted the common view on here was that we bought it. Now you're doing just that it's apparently completely acceptable. It's all so laughable. Or would be if anything new got posted. It's just the same old ****, going round and round and round and it's dull and boring.

It used to be a really good laugh on this board but Christ, you lot got so bitter about seeing us above you after relegation and then the cup win. It's so dull.

4 -1 x 2. PMSL

Debt

Paying for players you couldnt afford

Paying for a team sheet while flicking the V's to HMRC

Keeping Charity money collected by the fans

Take your pick, im sure there are plenty more reasons that can be pointed out but I dont want to keep going round in circles.

The fact is there have been plenty of opertunities where your club could have made changes that actually moved towards getting yourselves out of trouble. But every time an opertunite presents its self your club flicks the V's once more.

Lawrence and Kitson is a prime example. You had a chance to get rid of one player and had the choice of either money or 2 expensive players. If you had 40k per week available for wages why didnt your club take the money for the player (could have gone towards servicing the CVA) and look for 5 or 6 - 7K per week free transfers to fill the missing places in your squad?

You mention the likes of Utaka being hard to shift and I do agree. But it was your club (Storie) that brought them in on silly wages and contracts that you had to honour. Or was that the PL's fault too?

Mero and Mac manage to come on here with dignaty and banter supporting your's and their club all the way to the end if need be, while appreciating that they are lucky to be where they are and accepting the club havent been entirely honest in how it got here. How come you still think its not the clubs fault and that everyone else should just forgive and forget? How come there are more of your fans that think the same than the ones who actually see how things really are?

Actually the dwindling numbers suggests there are more of your clubs fans that choose to support it in the way that it deserves. Im sure if things start being done right and a way out of the ruins can be formed then the seats will be filled once more.

Any sight of that on the horizon?

The financial problems have as much to do with the club/fans as the FA cup final appearances do.

The four or five flukey draws against pub teams didnt exactly harm their chances either :) They'll get no respect from me until they beat an Arsenal or Man U side in the final!

So you say Android lied?

So let me get this straight. HMRC claimed £17m + £15m = £32m. If debt was £35m, then there is hardly anyone else being owed apart from the tax man. Therefore I am surprised no one, apart from Chin, bought the club.

You could alway try reading what I actually wrote I suppose. I said BEFORE CHAINRAI ARRIVED our debt was around £35m. That included some arrears to HMRC but nothing like the level it eventually reached. After he arrived, it escalated, which can only mean that Chainrai either couldn't or refused to pay them. You're also being selective in saying we owed them £32m as that included their claim for image rights payments that the court decided wasn't valid. The fact is our debts since Chainrai took over have escalated dramatically and has seen him gain secured creditor status AND get the club for nothing. Is it any wonder Pompey fans look at the FL and ask how he passed a FAPP test?

Corp. Every post of yours mentions the two 4-1`s. Cherry picking or what?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby#All-time_results

In all competitions :- Saints 19 wins, Poopey 9 wins and 8 drawn games. We even won more of the games at Farton than you did. But if it keeps you happy...........

19 - 9 PMSL!!

I know the results history. But believe me, it's you lot who bring up the 4 - 1 results all the time on here, banging on about it as an illegal result. If that's not bitter I don't know what is.

Are you honestly trying to claim that the financial recklessness and irregularities, by the CEO and owners of the club, engineered through the club (your problems started way before AA came on the scene) have nothing to do with the club?

See post above. The debts have risen/ been engineered/ manipulated upwards since Chainrai arrived. Before then they were nowhere near that level.

When your in an FA cup final, or playing in Europe or playing in the PL with Diarra and Muntari on god knows what wages, the success it brings has everything to do with the club.

But any debt we had when we won the cup was being serviced. And the profit we made when selling Diarra, Muntari, Johnson, Defoe, and various others should have been more than enough to pay those debts, even with the salaries we were paying them. Or would you disagree with that assessment?

It was Storrie who wrecked your club, and it was his actions that ultimately led Pompey to have a bent administrator and ultimately money lender and asset stripper being in charge. The fans don't do themselves a lot of favours by marching downtown and wailing how it's all the PL's fault and holding "fit and proper?" cards up. The PL got their info from somewhere (see the common denominator here?) and it doesn't help that even now Pompey fans are demanding Chainrai open his chequebook to sign more players. Don't they understand what a money lender is?

You really haven't been paying attention have you? Chainrai loaned no money to PFC. He loaned it to a company called Falcondrone, a company he now owns (and many suspect always did). PFC never saw a penny of the cash but it gained him a guarantee of getting the money back and ownership of the club. Storrie's actions in signing players didn't always pay off but like I said before, the profit we made on many of the players we signed should have offset our debts. It was Chainrai who brought in Andronikou and I said on here at the time that the only result of his involvment would be Chainrai getting the club cheap out of admin (look back at my posts to see). Chainrai and Kushnir's names were known to the PL as they were named as al Faraj's backers when he tried to buy the club from Gaydamak. PFC never asked Chainrai to get involved. He engineered the whole thing. And you wonder why some of us question the FAPPT?

I think Corps bitterness is there for all to see.

as ever, some of them just don't get it.

Just out of admin, having taken almost everybody to the cleaners financially, (not least the taxpayer).

So....like other teams you either cut your cloth (journeymen players etc) OR you have an owner prepared to fund your exotic lifestyle. But poopey want it both ways. They want PL quality players at PL costs, but also want to whinge to the whole world about threadbare squads whilst loaning out perfectly decent players , and paying 3 times what they can afford on their top earners.

As the albion board shows, a lot of other fans are pretty upset by the way they have behaved.

And if corpse thinks its just embittered Saints fans who they have upset then he really is deluded.. ...

Most other fans don't know the full facts about the way Chainrai gained control and put us into admin though. I imagine Saints fans do because you're always bigging yourself up so much on here about how clever you are (despite getting pretty much everything wrong throughout this thread).

Lol@ Corpy Ho Ho Ho. 4th highest wage bill, smallest squad, what does that tell you my fishy friend. How do you justify getting rid of of your low earners (meaning, your youth and those deemed not good enough for the mighty Poopy), and brining in PL standard player on more money than the CVA buget allows?

It tells me that we have players in our squad on high wages that we can't shift as they have contracts. Stupid not to have relegation clauses in their contracts but as they didn't, what do you suggest we do about it?

....in your (Saints fans) hatred and bitterness to PFC it's become the club's/ fans fault...

It's just the same old ****, going round and round and round and it's dull and boring...

It's so dull...

I've refrained from contributing to this thread until now. I like to think that shows considerable self-restraint. But your rant is just too much. I don't blame the majority of the Pompey fans. I feel sorry for them. In their position, I would hope the club ceases to function, so a new Pompey could be formed - one that an honest person could whole-heartedly support. As to this thread being "dull and boring", no-one is making you read it. And describing it as "dull" twice in one post is, er, dull.

Christ, I can't believe you retards are STILL going round and round in circles about this.

One minute you're moaning that we have the highest paid squad in the Championship (we don't, but let's not let that stop you eh) and then you're moaning when we're trying to stop paying Brown £35K a week to take him up until he's 36. Not only that but how are we supposed to get the likes of Utaka off the wage bill when they have a contract and refuse to leave? Bleating about the youth players on loan is very boring too. In effect it's only one player, Marlon Pack. Ritchie who's now going to Swindon permanently was offered a new contract but turned it down.

I know those two 4 - 1 defeats hurt but let it go now. 722 pages of bitterness is enough, surely?

What about the three or four players who are playing in the youth team overage who Cotterill refuses to play?

You could alway try reading what I actually wrote I suppose. I said BEFORE CHAINRAI ARRIVED our debt was around £35m. That included some arrears to HMRC but nothing like the level it eventually reached. After he arrived, it escalated, which can only mean that Chainrai either couldn't or refused to pay them. You're also being selective in saying we owed them £32m as that included their claim for image rights payments that the court decided wasn't valid. The fact is our debts since Chainrai took over have escalated dramatically and has seen him gain secured creditor status AND get the club for nothing. Is it any wonder Pompey fans look at the FL and ask how he passed a FAPP test?

I know the results history. But believe me, it's you lot who bring up the 4 - 1 results all the time on here, banging on about it as an illegal result. If that's not bitter I don't know what is.

Are you honestly trying to claim that the financial recklessness and irregularities, by the CEO and owners of the club, engineered through the club (your problems started way before AA came on the scene) have nothing to do with the club?

See post above. The debts have risen/ been engineered/ manipulated upwards since Chainrai arrived. Before then they were nowhere near that level.

When your in an FA cup final, or playing in Europe or playing in the PL with Diarra and Muntari on god knows what wages, the success it brings has everything to do with the club.

But any debt we had when we won the cup was being serviced. And the profit we made when selling Diarra, Muntari, Johnson, Defoe, and various others should have been more than enough to pay those debts, even with the salaries we were paying them. Or would you disagree with that assessment?

It was Storrie who wrecked your club, and it was his actions that ultimately led Pompey to have a bent administrator and ultimately money lender and asset stripper being in charge. The fans don't do themselves a lot of favours by marching downtown and wailing how it's all the PL's fault and holding "fit and proper?" cards up. The PL got their info from somewhere (see the common denominator here?) and it doesn't help that even now Pompey fans are demanding Chainrai open his chequebook to sign more players. Don't they understand what a money lender is?

You really haven't been paying attention have you? Chainrai loaned no money to PFC. He loaned it to a company called Falcondrone, a company he now owns (and many suspect always did). PFC never saw a penny of the cash but it gained him a guarantee of getting the money back and ownership of the club. Storrie's actions in signing players didn't always pay off but like I said before, the profit we made on many of the players we signed should have offset our debts. It was Chainrai who brought in Andronikou and I said on here at the time that the only result of his involvment would be Chainrai getting the club cheap out of admin (look back at my posts to see). Chainrai and Kushnir's names were known to the PL as they were named as al Faraj's backers when he tried to buy the club from Gaydamak. PFC never asked Chainrai to get involved. He engineered the whole thing. And you wonder why some of us question the FAPPT?

I think Corps bitterness is there for all to see.

Most other fans don't know the full facts about the way Chainrai gained control and put us into admin though. I imagine Saints fans do because you're always bigging yourself up so much on here about how clever you are (despite getting pretty much everything wrong throughout this thread).

It tells me that we have players in our squad on high wages that we can't shift as they have contracts. Stupid not to have relegation clauses in their contracts but as they didn't, what do you suggest we do about it?

What about Lawrence and Kitson then?

You could alway try reading what I actually wrote I suppose. I said BEFORE CHAINRAI ARRIVED our debt was around £35m. That included some arrears to HMRC but nothing like the level it eventually reached. After he arrived, it escalated, which can only mean that Chainrai either couldn't or refused to pay them.

You actually believe this??? Let me correct it for you.....BEFORE CHAINRAI ARRIVED our debt was PUBLICLY claimed to be around £35m. The real figure is unknown.

Its a bit like a corrupt club that goes to the PL in January and presents a statement of affairs that shows debt of £80m which they can largely cover cos they have £50m of playing talent on their books - then a few weeks later goes into admin with debts of £132m.

The simple truth - well, no-one has been telling the truth over the finances at PFC for years - so I would suggest that to believe the debts were only £35m when Chainrai got involved is a bit naive.

Absolute rubbish. You still owed Spurs money for Defoe after he had gone back to them. The wages for Diarra, Muntari, Johnson, Defoe et al. were completely unsustainable and Storrie oversaw it all. We said it back then, you were talking about new stadiums being built.

Chainrai and Kushnir's names were known to the PL as they were named as al Faraj's backers when he tried to buy the club from Gaydamak.

and who do you think it was who named them? see the common denominator?

Chainrai didn't get directly involved with the club until way after the debt had begun building. All he's doing now is what any money lender would do, trying to get his money back.

Look you've illustrated previously on here you get the current situation and what Chainrai's current motives are and fair play to you. It's more than what a lot of the Pompey fans understand. There's still plenty of the fans that when this gets pointed out they role out the same "yeah and we beat you 4-1" line that is completely irrelevant, and is quite frankly a way of sticking the fingers in the ears to avoid hearing the truth.

As for doing something about the high earners you have, how about "not adding to them" like when you signed Lawrence the other day?

Edited by JackFrost

You're also being selective in saying we owed them £32m as that included their claim for image rights payments that the court decided wasn't valid.

That's not how I remember it. The image-rights claims are subject to another pre-existing court investigation and could not therefore be considered in this case. There was no mention of them being 'not valid'.

Look you've illustrated previously on here you get the current situation and what Chainrai's current motives are and fair play to you. It's more than what a lot of the Pompey fans understand. There's still plenty of the fans that when this gets pointed out they role out the same "yeah and we beat you 4-1" line that is completely irrelevant, and is quite frankly a way of sticking the fingers in the ears to avoid hearing the truth.

By the way, have we been paid the money due on the ticket sales for the (illegal) 4-1 win yet?

to address Ho's little jibe that he thinks upsets us - I 4-1 regard the cup game as illegal because

1. The authorities were misled with a false statement of accounts to allow players like O'Hara to be resigned in the build up.

2. One of the players wasn't correctly registered.

3. Several players were signed prior to that game in odd circumstances - mysteriously buying themselves out of contracts so they became free agents allowing pompey to sign them.

4. The business was clearly trading insolvently at that time.

5. The man who changed the game left soon afterwards in unusual circumstances, as if his signing had in some way been 'a mistake'....

That aside I did enjoy having a couple of hours to shout abuse at the few who had nowhere to hide, it was great to make them come to come to our ground and face the music.

They did indeed go down with no money in the bank.

And funnily enough, I believe Swindon made more noise at St Marys, the few were very poor that day, maybe it was the shame of it all, whereas we were able to heap a whole pile of abuse down on the caravanning heather-sellers and they looked shell-shocked at their welcome.

Disappointing to see our honest 3rd tier side beaten by an illegally-gathered Prem team, but still a good laugh seeing their little cross-eyed tatted faces!

And the gulf between the two sides then, now looks very narrow, and Ho has realised that the next time the silent blue few come to St Marys it's going to be a very long trip home - maybe Brighton will be a nice rehearsal for that feeling.

Not sure whether I would be happier to take their championship place or to be playing them next season if they stay up, either will do for me because the future is red and white.

4 fake owners

1 billionaire.

Rumour amongst the Pikeys is that if a buyer can't be found by March, Chinny will pull the plug.

There are loads of potential buyers out there. Just that they all made money, which takes more than two braincells.

Chinny's problem is simple. He is trying to sell Vapourware, and everyone who has looked so far has run away laughing. There isn't anything there to BUY!

Ho

The financial situation is nothing to do with the fans?

Niether are both 4-1 wins then!

Jeez, terrible argument, you can't just pick and choose which bits you want to have anything to do with...

Why are we still discussing this? Well, your club is showing all the hallmarks of a business in severe financial trouble, and we don't think you've hit the bottom yet. We're waiting to see if we're right.

Now do you have anything constructive to add or are you just going to carry on with your futile efforts to make out we shouldn't have an interest and stop us discussing this?

How's that nice shiny new world cup hosting toilet bowl stadium coming along that you mentioned right at the very start of this thread?

Surely you can't be saying you got it wrong :shock:

It used to be a really good laugh on this board

Yep, we may be "buying it", but with our own money and not with borrowed money or bouncing cheques or promised payments which the club KNEW they could not honour as they were trading insolvently: which as has been pointed out on here is illegal.. Average crowds about 5k more than yours and a wage bill of cheaper players means we can probably afford it. Investment is being made, but with an eye to the future - the improvements to our training ground a case in point. I presume you are now paying cash for the rental of the facilities you use for training, if anybody actually trusts you now.

It still is a good laugh on this board, at your expense. With Mack rill we laugh empathically, with you with derision.

A few classics from the first twelve pages of the thread:

LOL. Does a thread about Pompey's proposed takeover that reaches three pages in a couple of hours once again demonstrate just how little you care about Pompey? :D FWIW, while the deal could still fall apart I was told yesterday by someone who's actually involved in the takeover that whilst there were still a few issues to sort out it's still very much on. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick.

Err, I think you'll find that Pompey's position is built on loans from banks rather than any money from Gaydamak. Britain's position in the world however is more than partly built on arms dealing. If you really find arms dealing that distasteful and want to assume a moral high ground I suggest you emigrate.

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company. As for raising the money from Abu Dhabi, that's not where it's rumoured to be coming from. Try Germany.

Hydra Properties have nothing whatsoever to do with Man City or Pompey. As has been repeatedly stated. Keep up.

But as Al Fahim is just an employee of Hydra and not it's owner why would that be an issue?

Nick, you really do come across as thick sometimes. I've never said that the ground at the Hard would go ahead and work has started on the training ground, it obviously stopped when Gaydamak decided to sell the club until a new owner comes in.

As for Johnson, as I've already replied to at least three of your posts on this topic (obsessed? You?), the reason Johnson signed a 4 (not 5) year contract was because we agreed to allow him to move if a top 4 club came in for him. If we hadn't agreed to that he wouldn't have signed it and if he hadn't signed that long term contract we wouldn't have got so much money for him. It's not rocket science, is it? Could you maybe confirm that you understand now so we don't have to go over it again.

As for the various bidders who have been interested in Pompey you yourself have posted about interest from German and Far eastern groups so what you know that people have been sniffing around so stop playing silly buggers

There was an interesting quote in the arab press when he was interviewed about buying the club. He said, "I've not just bought a football club, I've bought a city". Leaving aside your infantile jokes that will no doubt follow that, it's interesting. Given that his background is in property development I suspect that he's going to leverage the goodwill he'll generate from the council to make money from property development once the market picks up. He's already said he's in this for the long haul so there's no quick buck.

The media have been banging on about the fit and proper test ever since his bid became public. Plenty of them reported that Shinawatra was involved (5 Live included) which turned out to be completely false. Pompey and Al Fahim have been unusually tight lipped over the details on this one and none of the media have been right about any of it at any stage of the process. Al Fahim knows what the PL need for the FAPPT and I can't see how he would make any mistakes in what he presents to them. Can't see this test being a stumbling block. Only problem I can see is if Gaydamak refuses to drop the price or if there's an issue with terms of bank loan repayments and the way they're structured/ paid etc.

You lot make me laugh. "Back where they belong" "Back where we belong". Look chaps, we are where we belong because we won enough points to stay in the Prem. You're where you belong because you ****ed up your chance when you refused to buy good enough players and pay decent salaries and then weren't good enough to avoid two (count them) relegations.

You are where you belong. You've earned the right to be there. Just like we have.

Rubbish. Football has always been about money it's just that it's now become bloated now to the point of saturation. If it wasn't about money clubs like Rochdale and Accrington Stanley would have won a ****load more than they actually have, and Chesterfield could be going for another treble this year.

As for the 'not enough bums on seats to pay 75k a week to players' argument, all the time we're a Premiership club with the Sky money coming in, we can afford it.

And so what if we're selling our best players at the moment? Sure, we're not happy about it, but if you came up to me 10 years ago and offered me the gamble of punting the £5m from the sale of Crouch to Villa on a go at promotion, not only getting promoted, but winning the thing, then staying up and going on to win the cup, before having to sell a load of the team to survive due to the owner feeling the pinch, then **** it, how many would say, 'Nah you're alright mate, I'm happy where we are'?

Speculate to accumulate. We did, you didn't. Look where we both are as a result....

For a supposedly mature, grown man you really do come across as tupid sometimes. We "bought" the right did we. I assume then that you'll object if your new owner pays your way back into the Premiership? Bacause that's the only way you'll get there. Do you really think you somehow "belong" in the top flight? LOL

Football's changed Nick Nack, no longer jumpers for goalposts. Grow up or follow another sport

The "exodus" if players is hyped by the press. Johnson went because we agreed when he signed a new deal in the summer that he could go if a top four club came in for him. The new contract meant we got way more money for him than we would have if he hadn't signed it. Nick Nack tries to pooh pooh (I'm using a term I can imagine him using) this but it's very simple to understand surely? A player wants to play in the champs league and win things. More chance of that with a top four club. Any number of your players have done the same (lifelong Saints fan Wayne Bridge springs to mind). As for the others in the "exodus" it's largely out of contract

EXCLUSIVE: Portsmouth deal to be sealed on July 24

by Anil Bhoyrul on Wednesday, 15 July 2009

Confidential documents seen by Arabian Business show that Dr Al Fahim,

who launched his bid for the Premier League club on May 27, has now

agreed terms with the club. He will meet with club boss Peter Storrie

Thursday evening in London, with the takeover likely to be officially

announced on July 24, after the Premier League has completed its "Fit

and Proper" persons test.

According to a 48 page document entitled "Portsmouth: The New Era", it

is also understood that current manager Paul Hart will be kept in charge

of the club. "Mr Hart understands this club better than anyone coming in

from the outside and deserves the opportunity to take it forward," the

document says.

It also details Dr Al Fahim's schedule for the coming months, saying the

new owner "envisages attending every home game between August 15 and the

end of 2009", and will host "Fans Sessions" on Friday evenings before

home games.

"As we move forward, the importance of Portsmouth fans, and their views

on the future direction of the club, cannot be underestimated. We must

have a constant dialogue with them, and begin this process from Day

One."

Dr Al Fahim himself meanwhile, according to sources close to him, is

already working on detailed plans for the coming season.

"Put it this way, he will be on a plane for seven hours tonight and

studying team sheets rather than accounts. We have moved to the next

phase, which is preparing for the season ahead," says the source.

Dr Al Fahim will be travelling with his family to London, and stay in

the UK capital for several days. "It's a mini family holiday, but that

way he will be around if the Premier League need to see him," adds the

source.

I'm not sticking my head anywhere Crabby. The "exodus" that people keep talking about was a load of players that played about 5 first team games between them last season. Johnson was always going to go and we got good money for him and if Crouch goes it's with the new owners OK. I don't think we'll be spending lunatic money but with the players we already have at the club 4 or 5 players are all we need. The negative slant on the takeover from the media seems to be abating now, most of them seem to accept that it's going through and despite Dubai Phil's constant barrage about Al Fahim it's clear that the funding is coming from sources other/ as well as him.

What's a "galatico"? :confused:

I do love the fact that most of the fans here seem to think Portsmouth havent been through the edge of extinction/admin route before and that its unique to them.

Yes we didnt get decuted 10 points but weve been through the pain before so know whats it like

If you take the way you attendances have been dropping in your non premier league years you would have gone the same way as us without new backing.

We got new backing and the glory hunters came out

You have got new backing and the same result will happen

Portsmouth fans = hilarious.

Great find from Gemmel, Summer 09:

Just for you Phil...............;)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125309369

i understand peoples concerns about fahim not being a billionaire, but i've read reports online and in the paper (the daily mail, if i recall) and general reasearching which confirm he doesn't just scrape the billionaire tag, he is very much comfortably in the billionaire bracket. I've a friend who works in UAE and apperantly he is ranked as the 3rd richest man over that neck of woods and is comfortably a billionaire.

He also confirmed with an interview not long ago, when asked a question, that he is a comfortable billionaire. His family are reportedly worth a trillion. Not In man city owner bracket, but who is?

It has been widely thought that Fahim is TEN times the wealth of Roman Abromovich.

I understand peoples concerns, and rumours, but for the worrying Pompey fans, this guy is the real deal.

If we get him, which looks likely, then brace up, it's going to be one hell of an incredible ride! If we don't, we move on!

Quite. One simple example sum that even a pompey fan might just understand. Instead of paying Lawrence £21k a week, get 3 perfectly good players at £7k a week (which is still a good wage by championship standards) and they'd have 2 more first team players in their 'tiny' squad.

Thats the kind of maths that would get you lynched in Hayling Island.

Just been looking at that Brighton site again, thinking their 7 pages is a bit of a poor effort against our 700, but then find this post, highlighting some of their other threads on our favourite topic. Some great thread titles, too....

We've gone through a fair amount of pages on this topic..!

Portsmouth really are a SHAMBLES, aren't they?

POMPEY - what a mess!

Breaking Pompey statement

Pompey - still at it

The sign here if you hate Pompey thread

Pompey seem to be in a tad of bother

Pompey now owe £138m

Pompey - Getting away with murder...

Portsmouth Wound up tomorrow wed?

Things you won't miss about Portsmouth FC

Portsmouth Relegated...

Portsmouth Lose Appeal

Pompey set for administration....

Pompey tossers

portsmouth are ****ed aint they?

Those being just a selection of threads involving 'Storrie'.

Great find from Gemmel, Summer 09:

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Gemmel viewpost-right.png

Just for you Phil...............;)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php...mid=2125309369

i understand peoples concerns about fahim not being a billionaire, but i've read reports online and in the paper (the daily mail, if i recall) and general reasearching which confirm he doesn't just scrape the billionaire tag, he is very much comfortably in the billionaire bracket. I've a friend who works in UAE and apperantly he is ranked as the 3rd richest man over that neck of woods and is comfortably a billionaire.

He also confirmed with an interview not long ago, when asked a question, that he is a comfortable billionaire. His family are reportedly worth a trillion. Not In man city owner bracket, but who is?

It has been widely thought that Fahim is TEN times the wealth of Roman Abromovich.

I understand peoples concerns, and rumours, but for the worrying Pompey fans, this guy is the real deal.

If we get him, which looks likely, then brace up, it's going to be one hell of an incredible ride! If we don't, we move on!

Lest we forget some of the other gems they didn't bother to google all through their magical march back to Wembley

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000379626/PFC_pray_for_Faraj_as_Fahim_fails_to_deliver/Article.htm

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000005464/_I_have_the_money_-Fahim/Article.htm

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000005547/Beleaguered_Fahim_replaced_as_Hydra_CEO/Article.htm

This is the same guy arrested on his return to the UAE from his Chess trip for dodgy property dealings. Strangely, since that moment he's completely vanished from the radar and the media searches for him down here

Yep, we may be "buying it", but with our own money and not with borrowed money or bouncing cheques or promised payments which the club KNEW they could not honour as they were trading insolvently: which as has been pointed out on here is illegal.. Average crowds about 5k more than yours and a wage bill of cheaper players means we can probably afford it. Investment is being made, but with an eye to the future - the improvements to our training ground a case in point. I presume you are now paying cash for the rental of the facilities you use for training, if anybody actually trusts you now.

It still is a good laugh on this board, at your expense. With Mack rill we laugh empathically, with you with derision.

Just careful with that Sue. The ending of your first sentence is fine, but as many know I still have the one bugbear that we don't actually know the mechanism in which ML financed us. It was a questioned asked by Solent that I sent in and it was avoided.

I have no reason to believe that we are anything other than financially secure, but as there are a myriad of ways that people can invest in lend to or guarantee finance to a business, I still take the opinion that as fans until we know the full details we should just be a tad careful in our potential "gloating".

We know where it has come from and it ain't dodgy. That is 99% of all we need to know. But that 1% of how could mean one day we get made to look stupid for not at least asking how it was done. (ie something we blame the skates about)

Hm, weird init Sue-W, Us the blue Few have given you lounge dwellers years of entertainment, Yet the Wets on the stripy main board want us banned from the site,

Dear Corpy.

You were insolvent in the summer of 09.

Your loan was called in because Sasha was taking his toys home with him.

You had a fire sale and yet still kept hugely expensive players on the books. Kitsons wages of 21k a week would have paid for 5 Lloyd James. Utaka's 80k would have brought you 2 or 3 good young potential players from the lower leagues who could have done a job in the PL.

And yet you didn't cut to the bone, you didn't try an new strategy of finding bargain basement players you tried to live the dream.

Storrie teller was convinced he'd pulled a rabbit out the hat by getting the ex Man City owner back into football and believed he could find a loophole around the FAPP so he got a (barely) credible mug to front for him. Why didn't the cut backs happen in that summer? Because Storrie teller was trying to pull a fast one.

Don't blame JUST Chanrai. I bet the sewerage system in Hayling Island got flooded out when people started to dig in to wich stone Fahim was supposed to lift up to find the new batch of potentially dirty money. Fahim was left looking the fool he was, Storrie's attempt at putting up a front was exposed and suddenly the transfer window has gone and you have a solvency issue.

Chanrai may be the worst of many things that have happened to you, but he has managed to achieve one thing you idiots still don't understand.

He's kept you cheating bstds in the NPC and on life support in case another mug can be found. And yet you all turn on him.

You could have made a go of it, you could have played the sympathy and loanee card and had football backing you to recover some dignity back at the start of 09/10 season, but oh no, you all believed the Storrie, hook line and gloating on here about him being at a game while we were in admin sinker

Christ, I can't believe you retards are STILL going round and round in circles about this.

One minute you're moaning that we have the highest paid squad in the Championship (we don't, but let's not let that stop you eh) and then you're moaning when we're trying to stop paying Brown £35K a week to take him up until he's 36. Not only that but how are we supposed to get the likes of Utaka off the wage bill when they have a contract and refuse to leave? Bleating about the youth players on loan is very boring too. In effect it's only one player, Marlon Pack. Ritchie who's now going to Swindon permanently was offered a new contract but turned it down.

I know those two 4 - 1 defeats hurt but let it go now. 722 pages of bitterness is enough, surely?

He's baaaaaack.

TheShining_788880c.jpg

I watched him on an interview tonight on South Today and he doesnt want to be negative about the fact he only has 15 first team players available.

I wanted to throw up on the dog.

Can someone please tell him, he doesnt only have 15 players, he has about 30, unfortuneately the rest might not be promotion chasing quality, so he pretends they don't exist.

Is he really as stupid as he sounds

Probably not, but most of the few certainly are, he knows it, and that's why he continues to spout the BS.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?14620-Pompey-Takeover-Saga&p=914885#post914885

As predicted and we weren't let down. (And a pm wasn't needed). :D

... a skate mate of mine ...

Why am I having a hard time picturing that? :lol:

Edited by Dark Munster

A direct quote from Lampitt regarding their squad size, to be used when you hear anyone expressing sympathy for the Skates' plight -

From the start of the season we have pursued a policy of quality over quantity, acknowledging that it’s an approach which comes with certain risks

A direct quote from Lampitt regarding their squad size, to be used when you hear anyone expressing sympathy for the Skates' plight -

From the start of the season we have pursued a policy of quality over quantity, acknowledging that it’s an approach which comes with certain risks

It's like saying "Although on jobseekers allowance I will still only eat Lobster and travel by Rolls Royce!"

Just careful with that Sue. The ending of your first sentence is fine, but as many know I still have the one bugbear that we don't actually know the mechanism in which ML financed us. It was a questioned asked by Solent that I sent in and it was avoided.

I have no reason to believe that we are anything other than financially secure, but as there are a myriad of ways that people can invest in lend to or guarantee finance to a business, I still take the opinion that as fans until we know the full details we should just be a tad careful in our potential "gloating".

We know where it has come from and it ain't dodgy. That is 99% of all we need to know. But that 1% of how could mean one day we get made to look stupid for not at least asking how it was done. (ie something we blame the skates about)

Yes, we've expressed our concerns here, particularly after ML's death, but I think we can never expect to know the full details. Like all business or life that final 1% has to be based on trust and instinct and the balance of probabilities. If anything changes we'll have to review the situation again, but at the moment I don't think we're "gloating": I think the expression "delighted relief" is more accurate.

I know what you mean Phil though I think most Saints fans have been pretty reserved on gobbing off about the finance side, maybe based on a history of uncertainty.

We don't know the detail but we do know that Markus and his family built a reputation of integrity through not establishing businesses on debt - it seems that they do things the correct way, I would hope that is the same at St Marys.

I'd be very surprised if we discovered a Chanrai style of money-lending 'etc'...!

There certainly hasn't been the same level of vulgar 'we're going to be minted and you'll be sick when you see how rich we are' sort of talk we've endured from some clubs which I always think is bizarre.

Hanging around in the stand with an ice cream seller squeezed into a pompey shirt that too small for him, a man who awarded himself the title of doctor and was sacked from his only proper job - at what point did they think it might be sensible not to be so arrogant about forthcoming cash from this obvious fraud?

That's why the few have a reputation for being simple and gullible, like a dim puppy, the runt of the litter that was rejected and will attach itself to anyone who shows an interest.

I don't think there's too much gloating down this end about finance, just quiet confidence that things are in place and if that changes we are in good shape.

So when I regularly hear that Saints may be offered for sale I just think that through investment and hard work, Markus and Nicola have turned us from a wreck of a club that a bloke who lives with his mum in Barnet tried to buy, into a well-structured proposition that would attract quality businesses looking to move a stable company forward.

When established young players sign long deals, that sends out a clear message on intent from those at the top, the Markus dream is still on track.

And boy would he have loved some of the football we've played recently!

(cue appalling display against Blackpool!)

And on that Ben Haim news - Ouch!

That's the CVA properly shafted.

Kitson sent off (early) today. I guess a straight red, so he be unavailable another 3 games - whilst still picking up his HUGE wages!

LOL, they got no one parent club to send him back to either

well you know what this means. . .

They have no option but to bring in Ronaldinho on a 6 month loan