Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Dear Constant Reader

Every day that you come onto this thread you and the millions of others out there breathe a tiny piece of new life into this marvellous work of Non-Fictional entertainment. By now we have far surpassed even the wildest dreams of the erstwhile master of twists, turns, evil, darkness and the mere mundane depravity of the perils of Human existance. We have surpassed even the great Stephen King in the number of pages and words of this, the greatest of all the Horror stories of modern times.

To have found such tales of Life after Death, sheer unadulterated horror at the callous disregard for Human Charity by such a procession of evil characters places such a work of art beyond even the possibilities of Hollywood.

No sir, your mere presence peeking out from behind the sofa and registering your view of the thread ensures that this, The Horror Story of All Horror Stories will continue to grow as the plot continues to thicken, new heroes make their Stand against The Dark Tower, as those tales of Misery about The Bag of Bones somewhat more than a Green Mile down the M27 carry a tone of even darker Desperation.

The Skeleton Crew left to Carrie the battle for Promotion as The Regulators continue to circle will be shown to have been as effective as a Dreamcatcher as The Storm of the Century finally catches up with those that try to live Under The Dome.

When The Mist finally clears, Just after Sunset, the only possible ending will be the Cell.

Dear Dubaiphil

Many thanks for you response. I now feel, deep within my soul, that I do fully understand that this is a saga that will, no doubt, run and run. Terebinthus Budda claimed that in our hearts we destroy the word, and the word can destroy the world. His tenement to the word being that it is, in itself, a self fulfilling prophesy. To claim, or disclaim that the ongoing action of addidng to the word, or the tome, is to continue to add to the non-sensical, only invited a response, as it were, which, in itself, once more adds to the on going and tedious path!!!!

Now, give me a pint of what he's been drinking. :)

Edited by Secret Site Agent

Now, give me a pint of what he's been drinking. :)

Jeez, are you sure??

It's certainly the case that they'll never make it into a film: how could they pack it all in and avoid criticisms of an improbable plot. They might get an "entertaining" or two and maybe The Echo would give it a 5 star rating...

To be fair, we cant really have it both ways. Either the FL force them to play them and trigger the unsustainable contracts, or the FL monitor their finances and stop them from screwing it all up again. I am guessing this would fall under the "satisfactory reason" bit.

Yes, but the "Football Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit" part is so much more satisfying. :D

in true Newcastle style, I would just love it if Pardew just stuck the last nail in Grant's managerial coffin.

It must have been sweet to stick five past them after watching the gurning gravedigger big himself up on the St Marys pitch following the illegal cup victory last year.

And Best owed us big time, so for those with long memories he partially delivered last night.

West Ham look terrible, surely Grant can't survive another week, and if Pardew was the man to push him over the edge, I for one would chuckle!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/11/portsmouth.premierleague

Didn't quite go to plan :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Intresting to see he has history with HMRC and Charities

This really makes for a good read. How the mighty have fallen in 2 and a half years!!

Nice to know how Sasha got all that money. I thought that he was just his father's puppet. I had no idea that he actually earned it!!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?191480-Portsmouth-really-are-a-SHAMBLES-aren-t-they

That really is brilliant - from the first quote

'What hasn't happened is there hasn't been any negotiation. hasn't been negotiation - but that has happened so there has been negotiation, right with you so far

'The club's gone straight in and they potentially thought there could be a bit of negotiation. yep, that's what I thought from the previous line

'There hasn't really been any of that. ah right, so they haven't negotiated then - f*** me can they contradict themselves anymore in the next 3 sentances! The offer's been what we can afford for those lads. That's basically the truth and nuts and bolts of it. Okay so they've offered them 50p and a pack of crisps per week each then!!

Jeez some of those quotes take some working out :uhoh:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_140318209357611

Dearo, dearo dear.

Quite amusing read on there among the many "innits" and stupid questions. One particularly amusing comment stood out:

"Do we get money if we have an academy?"

Ah yes - Now they want FA sponsored benefits because they have young players.... well, until Cotterill started offloading them by the dozen....

Ah yes - Now they want FA sponsored benefits because they have young players.... well, until Cotterill started offloading them by the dozen....

I watched him on an interview tonight on South Today and he doesnt want to be negative about the fact he only has 15 first team players available.

I wanted to throw up on the dog.

Can someone please tell him, he doesnt only have 15 players, he has about 30, unfortuneately the rest might not be promotion chasing quality, so he pretends they don't exist.

Is he really as stupid as he sounds

This really makes for a good read. How the mighty have fallen in 2 and a half years!!

Nice to know how Sasha got all that money. I thought that he was just his father's puppet. I had no idea that he actually earned it!!

Ah but the money he got for Pompey was lent to him by a cyprus bank, which was owned by a russian bank whose major shareholder was Daddy Gaydamak. Problem for the authorities was that Cyprus is EEC so the money couldn't be fully investigated. Hence the theories on money laundering!

Pompey withdrawing the contract offer means that the 2 players are forced to leave in this window. bad news as that takes a massive amount off their wagebill and they can strengthen with the said money saved.

Could the players, if bloody minded enough and not worried about their careers, just sit on their contracts until they expire? That way they would have to be paid for not playing.

I thought they were still under contract regardless of appearance clauses, meaning if they can't sell them, pompey will be paying them and choosing not to select them?

I've given up expecting the club to be damaged by high wages as they just plough on regardless and trading insolvently, so some damage to their squad quality would be nice and might even lead to a relegation battle.

A good January firesale with a few journeyman Lg One loanees coming in would be nice and would be the actions imposed upon the other clubs who have suffered financial problems.

Might we see the first attempt by the club to address debt?

I doubt it.

Pompey withdrawing the contract offer means that the 2 players are forced to leave in this window. bad news as that takes a massive amount off their wagebill and they can strengthen with the said money saved.

I thought they were already under contract, and that the terms of those contracts meant that they were due a pay rise after completing so many games.

What Poopey then did was to offer NEW contracts, without the pay rise clause and a lower salary figure in the hope that the two players would show loyalty.

The two players effectively stuck two fingers up, leaving Poopey screwed.

The contracts will remain in place and the players can sit there until someone comes knocking with an offer to pay them a decent wage to play football.

My assessment is that nobody will offer them what they are currently on to sit around at home and so 1) Poopey have two wage earners they cannot afford to play and 2) if the players don't get a deal they like from someone else thay can sit around until the end of their contracts.

poopey's only option is to cancel their contracts - which means they have to be paid up. Net result IMHO would be that they just destroyed ANY chance of getting a fee for the two. Any buying club would have to pay the remainder of their contracts (a lot I expect) and then take them on a free.

Great news

I thought they were already under contract, and that the terms of those contracts meant that they were due a pay rise after completing so many games.

What Poopey then did was to offer NEW contracts, without the pay rise clause and a lower salary figure in the hope that the two players would show loyalty.

The two players effectively stuck two fingers up, leaving Poopey screwed.

The contracts will remain in place and the players can sit there until someone comes knocking with an offer to pay them a decent wage to play football.

My assessment is that nobody will offer them what they are currently on to sit around at home and so 1) Poopey have two wage earners they cannot afford to play and 2) if the players don't get a deal they like from someone else thay can sit around until the end of their contracts.

poopey's only option is to cancel their contracts - which means they have to be paid up. Net result IMHO would be that they just destroyed ANY chance of getting a fee for the two. Any buying club would have to pay the remainder of their contracts (a lot I expect) and then take them on a free.

Great news

Yes i knew that they still have their contracts but until when? To get a comparable wage on an extended contract they will need to leave. of course if they still have a year or so to run on the old one they can take their time. Lol

Listening to Blackpools Ian Holloway last night on Sky, Talked a lot of sense, saying our squad is too small so i am resting some of the players and bringing in the 2nd team players and some of the kids to give them experience, Stating that they have a game against Liverpool later on in the week,the sort of thing Pompey should be doing, and not bleating on about how small their team is.

Interesting and quite encouraging to see that those BHA fans 'get it' like we do.

Yes they do! :-

Yesterday 13:10 #20

Simster

user-online.png

The nightmare of avatar232_1.gif Join DateJul 2003LocationReigate, SurreyPosts23,655

This really is splendid news. Not only should we beat them, but surely relegation can't be ruled out for these tin pot thieving ****s and their smelly chav followers?

Christ, I can't believe you retards are STILL going round and round in circles about this.

One minute you're moaning that we have the highest paid squad in the Championship (we don't, but let's not let that stop you eh) and then you're moaning when we're trying to stop paying Brown £35K a week to take him up until he's 36. Not only that but how are we supposed to get the likes of Utaka off the wage bill when they have a contract and refuse to leave? Bleating about the youth players on loan is very boring too. In effect it's only one player, Marlon Pack. Ritchie who's now going to Swindon permanently was offered a new contract but turned it down.

I know those two 4 - 1 defeats hurt but let it go now. 722 pages of bitterness is enough, surely?

Christ, I can't believe you retards are STILL going round and round in circles about this.

One minute you're moaning that we have the highest paid squad in the Championship (we don't, but let's not let that stop you eh) and then you're moaning when we're trying to stop paying Brown £35K a week to take him up until he's 36. Not only that but how are we supposed to get the likes of Utaka off the wage bill when they have a contract and refuse to leave? Bleating about the youth players on loan is very boring too. In effect it's only one player, Marlon Pack. Ritchie who's now going to Swindon permanently was offered a new contract but turned it down.

I know those two 4 - 1 defeats hurt but let it go now. 722 pages of bitterness is enough, surely?

So you think its OK for a club to completly take the P**s out of every other club in the league continually for a couple of years then when it all goes arse up everyone should help that club out of the crap it put its self in with no regard as to who was shafted in the mean time?

If it were us that stooped so low you would be all over it like your mums rash.

x

Corps

Good to hear from you.

Happy New Year

Point of detail, I think most posters work on press reports (OK they can be wrong) that Pompey have the THIRD highest wage bill in the Championship.

Re Ritchie and Pack Cotterill has said publically that neither of them are of sufficient quality for the Championship so bye bye

btw I don't think that it is just your friendly Saints fans who are 'surprised' at the way your club is being run.

P

Ha Ha Ha Ha, you're a funny ****.

Any chance you worms will pay the cancer charity money owed?

So you think its OK for a club to completly take the P**s out of every other club in the league continually for a couple of years then when it all goes arse up everyone should help that club out of the crap it put its self in with no regard as to who was shafted in the mean time?

If it were us that stooped so low you would be all over it like your mums rash.

x

Assuming you'referring to our debt, before Chainrai came in we were about £35m in debt. That somehow rose to the £132m Andronikou quoted. Our financial problems have been engineered/ manipulated by these crooks for their own benefit but somehow, in your (Saints fans) hatred and bitterness to PFC it's become the club's/ fans fault. We had no problems with HMRC up until Gaydamak stopped funding and Standard Bank called in a £40m loan overnight - a bit more than the £6K that caused your problems eh?

You lot constantly bleat about wages for loan players with absolutely no clue about how much we're paying them, whether we're paying anything of their wages or a percentage. You say we should have moved players on to cut the wage bill but they're on contracts and refuse to leave. You pick on one post by a Pompey fan on a messageboard somewhere and somehow it becomes representative of every Pompey fans views but ignore the fact that Saints fans post incredibly dumb comments on this very board (Lambert for England anyone?).

The year we were promoted the common view on here was that we bought it. Now you're doing just that it's apparently completely acceptable. It's all so laughable. Or would be if anything new got posted. It's just the same old ****, going round and round and round and it's dull and boring.

It used to be a really good laugh on this board but Christ, you lot got so bitter about seeing us above you after relegation and then the cup win. It's so dull.

4 -1 x 2. PMSL

Assuming you'referring to our debt, before Chainrai came in we were about £35m in debt. That somehow rose to the £132m Andronikou quoted. Our financial problems have been engineered/ manipulated by these crooks for their own benefit but somehow, in your (Saints fans) hatred and bitterness to PFC it's become the club's/ fans fault. We had no problems with HMRC up until Gaydamak stopped funding and Standard Bank called in a £40m loan overnight - a bit more than the £6K that caused your problems eh?

So you say Android lied?

So let me get this straight. HMRC claimed £17m + £15m = £32m. If debt was £35m, then there is hardly anyone else being owed apart from the tax man. Therefore I am surprised no one, apart from Chin, bought the club.

Corp. Every post of yours mentions the two 4-1`s. Cherry picking or what?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby#All-time_results

In all competitions :- Saints 19 wins, Poopey 9 wins and 8 drawn games. We even won more of the games at Farton than you did. But if it keeps you happy...........

19 - 9 PMSL!!

Edited by miserableoldgit

You lot constantly bleat about wages for loan players with absolutely no clue about how much we're paying them, whether we're paying anything of their wages or a percentage. You say we should have moved players on to cut the wage bill but they're on contracts and refuse to leave. You pick on one post by a Pompey fan on a messageboard somewhere and somehow it becomes representative of every Pompey fans views but ignore the fact that Saints fans post incredibly dumb comments on this very board (Lambert for England anyone?).

The year we were promoted the common view on here was that we bought it. Now you're doing just that it's apparently completely acceptable. It's all so laughable. Or would be if anything new got posted. It's just the same old ****, going round and round and round and it's dull and boring.

It used to be a really good laugh on this board but Christ, you lot got so bitter about seeing us above you after relegation and then the cup win. It's so dull.

4 -1 x 2. PMSL

My neighbour also had nothing to do with running over a stray dog in the street because it was the actual car that hit the dog. :rolleyes:

The financial problems have as much to do with the club/fans as the FA cup final appearances do.

Are you honestly trying to claim that the financial recklessness and irregularities, by the CEO and owners of the club, engineered through the club (your problems started way before AA came on the scene) have nothing to do with the club?

This isn't about jealousy of your current league position, it's about a lot of Pompey fans waking up and smelling the coffee. Your FA cup final appearances, your UEFA cup appearance and a proportion of the time in the PL were all built through building up debt and screwing anyone you owed money too.

When your in an FA cup final, or playing in Europe or playing in the PL with Diarra and Muntari on god knows what wages, the success it brings has everything to do with the club.

As soon as it gets found out all of a sudden it has nothing to do with the club and it's all the owner's/PL's/everyone else' fault.

It was Storrie who wrecked your club, and it was his actions that ultimately led Pompey to have a bent administrator and ultimately money lender and asset stripper being in charge. The fans don't do themselves a lot of favours by marching downtown and wailing how it's all the PL's fault and holding "fit and proper?" cards up. The PL got their info from somewhere (see the common denominator here?) and it doesn't help that even now Pompey fans are demanding Chainrai open his chequebook to sign more players. Don't they understand what a money lender is?

This thread will go on and on until your either bought out by someone purchasing the carcass your club will be left in once Chainrai has got his money back, or your liquidated. It'll run as long as Pompey's financial issues and need for a takeover will run

Edited by JackFrost

Corp. Every post of yours mentions the two 4-1`s. Cherry picking or what?? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Coast_derby#All-time_results

In all competitions :- Saints 19 wins, Poopey 9 wins and 8 drawn games. We even won more of the games at Farton than you did. But if it keeps you happy...........

19 - 9 PMSL!!

Bless, he's got to have something to cling to or he might go insane.

(Corp that is, not mog)

I think Corps bitterness is there for all to see.

It must be hard watching your club crumble infront of meagre crowds when your rivals are on the up playing in front of way bigger gates despite being a league lower.

I also didn't realise that he was so hard of thinking to actually imagine we were mortally wounded by losing to them in the cup. Bless him, he really doesn't understand us at all.

At least he has the warm glow of all the inside information that he gets from his contact inside pompey, who he sees socially every two weeks or so. That's always proven to be very accurate.

4 -1 x 2. PMSL

head_in_sand_2.gif

722 pages and 36099 posts dont you think its time to move on?

I suppose when that lot down at the unfashionable end of the M27 stop doing an impression of Billy Smarts Circus, The Keystone Cops, Monty Pythons Flying Circus and The Real Hustle, all rolled into one, we will have to look for something else to enjoy, but I wouldn`t hold my breath that this will end soon!

as ever, some of them just don't get it.

Just out of admin, having taken almost everybody to the cleaners financially, (not least the taxpayer).

So....like other teams you either cut your cloth (journeymen players etc) OR you have an owner prepared to fund your exotic lifestyle. But poopey want it both ways. They want PL quality players at PL costs, but also want to whinge to the whole world about threadbare squads whilst loaning out perfectly decent players , and paying 3 times what they can afford on their top earners.

As the albion board shows, a lot of other fans are pretty upset by the way they have behaved.

And if corpse thinks its just embittered Saints fans who they have upset then he really is deluded.. ...

I see their latest whizzo scheme is around Halford's suspension. First they appeal frivolously, so the league increase the suspension to 4 games. Then they send him back to Wolves because his loan has ended, so that Wolves pay him whilst he is not playing, and then NB he 'misses' 4 Wolves games he wouldn't have played in anyway , in the time that Pompey play only 3. Then apparently Wolves have agreed lend him back to them again after the suspension.

Net result -- his effective suspension from Pompey is only 3 games not 4, AND they don't pay him whilst he is not playing!

Why on earth have Wolves agreed to this?!

Edited by Ken Tone

Lol@ Corpy Ho Ho Ho. 4th highest wage bill, smallest squad, what does that tell you my fishy friend. How do you justify getting rid of of your low earners (meaning, your youth and those deemed not good enough for the mighty Poopy), and brining in PL standard player on more money than the CVA buget allows?

as ever, some of them just don't get it.

Just out of admin, having taken almost everybody to the cleaners financially, (not least the taxpayer).

So....like other teams you either cut your cloth (journeymen players etc) OR you have an owner prepared to fund your exotic lifestyle. But poopey want it both ways. They want PL quality players at PL costs, but also want to whinge to the whole world about threadbare squads whilst loaning out perfectly decent players , and paying 3 times what they can afford on their top earners.

As the albion board shows, a lot of other fans are pretty upset by the way they have behaved.

And if corpse thinks its just embittered Saints fans who they have upset then he really is deluded.. ...

Quite. One simple example sum that even a pompey fan might just understand. Instead of paying Lawrence £21k a week, get 3 perfectly good players at £7k a week (which is still a good wage by championship standards) and they'd have 2 more first team players in their 'tiny' squad.

I see their latest whizzo scheme is around Halford's suspension. First they appeal frivolously, so the league increase the suspension to 4 games. Then they send him back to Wolves because his loan has ended, so that Wolves pay him whilst he is not playing, and then NB he 'misses' 4 Wolves games he wouldn't have played in anyway , in the time that Pompey play only 3. Then apparently Wolves have agreed lend him back to them again after the suspension.

Net result -- his effective suspension from Pompey is only 3 games not 4, AND they don't pay him whilst he is not playing!

Why on earth have Wolves agreed to this?!

Out of the the kindness of their heart and to help out poor plucky Poopey who have been treated so harshly by the world.

722 pages and 36099 posts dont you think its time to move on?

Not quite.

Whilst they are still bleating and cheating there is still life in this. I guess what we all don't know is what the ultimate outcome will be, but there will be one. My personal opinion is that HMRC will go after individuals, there will be points deductions for financial irregularities and further points deductions for the tax evasion and they will fall to league 1 in the next two years. The most dangerous thing that can happen to them is if Chanarai is still in charge on the day they get the final parachute payment

Ah but the money he got for Pompey was lent to him by a cyprus bank, which was owned by a russian bank whose major shareholder was Daddy Gaydamak. Problem for the authorities was that Cyprus is EEC so the money couldn't be fully investigated. Hence the theories on money laundering!

Close but not quite true - I was the investigating officer from the Hampshire Constabulary Fraud Squad. The money was described to me as a loan from the Russian bank which was supported by written evidence. The Gaydamaks were the reported owners of the bank but the existance of the loan could not be disproved. There was no link between the theft by Daddy G of millions of blood money from Angola and the deposit of 50 million dollars at the bank. It was placed in the too difficult box by the police at the highest level and I was not allowed to proceed. Believe me I was more than ready the conduct a full money laundering enquiry into the fishy few.