Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Stick or Twist, Mr Chainrai???

So....halfway through the season and Pompey are almost as close to the relegation zone as they are to the play-offs. What does Baloo do? Will Whining Steve ever get that phone call? The next few weeks will tell all.

Nice result from Watford today......and the sending off seemed harsh....maybe Mr D'Urso was making amends for the hassle caused to the travelling Saints fans on Boxing Day. :)

Cue the boringly predictable pitiful pleading to the FL to be allowed a couple more £20k/week players rather than recall Pack from Cheltenham & Ritchie from Swindon

DCFSBs

Ritchie to be sold and Pack likely to be loaned for rest of season or even sold too.

Lawrence for how much?

He was part of the Marc Wilson transfer at the end of August, but they didn't get the paperwork done in time for that part of the deal, so put it through as a loan (which could be done after the transfer window closed) with the permanent paperwork submitted ready for 1st January (although not sure he'll be available for Monday's game as the FL/FA offices probably won't have been open today)

He was part of the Marc Wilson transfer at the end of August, but they didn't get the paperwork done in time for that part of the deal, so put it through as a loan (which could be done after the transfer window closed) with the permanent paperwork submitted ready for 1st January (although not sure he'll be available for Monday's game as the FL/FA offices probably won't have been open today)

Heard commentators talking about the Dane keeper man u have signed. They said that although the transfer window opens jan 1st there is nothing that can be done until the 1st working day of the month. Due to bank hol on weekends and so on that takes it till Tuesday before business can be done.

I guess that's the same for Lawrence too?

I don't get how we managed to complete the signing of chaplow ready for the 1st when man u can't and Pompey having half a season to get things ready can't do it either?

Possibly we had an option to buy in the loan agreement (maybe only if both sides agree). If we exercised that it'd be a continuation of the same contract and the bit about having to sign him before 12pm the previous day wouldn't apply.

I see they are also selling two of thier youngsters, who cotterill doesnt think are good enough for the Championship. I'm not convinced he has quite grasped the reality of the situation and that at some point they will have to do what every other team who have been in the same position (Albeit to lesser financial woes than pompey) and start blooding and playing younger less able players. It's time to take the medicine sc. Your club has deliberately and systematically ripped off the footballing world, local and national businesses, charities and the tax man. To date you haven't had any sort of meaningful penalty for cheating and whilst that will come in time, for now you have to take the flip side of the coin of buying players you can't afford to strengthen the team, to playing players you can afford, that will ultimately weaken it.

But fear not, with the best fans in the world and the plucky pompey spirit, I'm sure you will be just fine.

why should they bother to register players correctly?

They didn't bother last year and even played one illegally against us, there was no punishment so it's 'do what you likey' time again.

January is always the month to strengthen your team with all of that quality that becomes available mid-season so they'll be fine - and if they start offering more contracts as expensive and lengthy as Lawrence's they can plan two or three administrations ahead.

Any new players know they'll get paid eventually by parachute money, Lampitt's signature on a contract guarantees them the millions, and pompey know they won't have to pay any football debts so they can continue trading insolvently as long as the football authorities and fraud squad allow them to.

But you have to feel sorry for Cotterill, how was he to know that he was joining a club in financial turmoil?

Though with the benefit of hindsight, perhaps the attempted transfer embargo, administration, player exodus, creditors meetings, plummeting attendances, pending tax evasion charges, ripped off charities, enraged tax officials, horrific balance sheet and international press coverage might have given him a clue.....

And maybe the newspaper headline at the time,

'Dim Cotterill ponders leaving a dead end job and joining a club in financial turmoil for his own personal gain but promises not to moan like a Horton Heath prossie when reality bites a bit later'

I see they are also selling two of thier youngsters, who cotterill doesnt think are good enough for the Championship. I'm not convinced he has quite grasped the reality of the situation and that at some point they will have to do what every other team who have been in the same position (Albeit to lesser financial woes than pompey) and start blooding and playing younger less able players. It's time to take the medicine sc. Your club has deliberately and systematically ripped off the footballing world, local and national businesses, charities and the tax man. To date you haven't had any sort of meaningful penalty for cheating and whilst that will come in time, for now you have to take the flip side of the coin of buying players you can't afford to strengthen the team, to playing players you can afford, that will ultimately weaken it.

But fear not, with the best fans in the world and the plucky pompey spirit, I'm sure you will be just fine.

Would be interesting to know watford's total wage bill compared to poor old pompey's.

Watford are doing things the right way and Pompey.....

It seems they have no grasp what so ever of running anything and it is surly only a matter of time before they cave in completely?

Would be interesting to know watford's total wage bill compared to poor old pompey's.

Watford are doing things the right way and Pompey.....

It seems they have no grasp what so ever of running anything and it is surly only a matter of time before they cave in completely?

I agree. Watford deserve success. Good on them for doing it the legit way. Bet it feels much better that way :)

I agree. Watford deserve success. Good on them for doing it the legit way. Bet it feels much better that way :)

You fink so?,,,,,,,Wot tastes better, The apple you scrumped from the orchard, Or The apple from the same orchard you coughed up for at the fruit shop,

You fink so?,,,,,,,Wot tastes better, The apple you scrumped from the orchard, Or The apple from the same orchard you coughed up for at the fruit shop,

Depends, Does mashed apple taste better in the hospital because you can't eat solid food; the farmer saw you, shot you and then drove forward and backwards over you before phoning for an ambulance?

Why would anyone want to sign Utaka? He is complete ****e. A cracking bit of work by Redknapp and Storrie.

Same reason some Loooone gave Beer Bottle Burley The keys to the safe and shouted (Bars open),,,,It Happens all the time, You think about it How many players have saints paid good money for only to turn out to be a waste of space?

Same reason some Loooone gave Beer Bottle Burley The keys to the safe and shouted (Bars open),,,,It Happens all the time, You think about it How many players have saints paid good money for only to turn out to be a waste of space?

Loads! But then we couldn't shift them... which is my point!

Happy new year McRill. ;)

Depends if you were brought up with any values or not, every time I ate a scrumped apple, I felt guilty!

Edited by Gingeletiss
forgot the bl00dy 'r'

Where O grew up the apples available were scrumped ones, not sure it's about values (right vs wrong) per se. As any good christian will tell us apples is the forbidden fruit anyway and when something is forbidden people are drawn to it, some to jsut see it others to have a taste it.

Where O grew up the apples available were scrumped ones, not sure it's about values (right vs wrong) per se. As any good christian will tell us apples is the forbidden fruit anyway and when something is forbidden people are drawn to it, some to jsut see it others to have a taste it.

That's not actually true.

Contrary to popular belief, the bible never specifies what the forbidden fruit actually was

Comparing pompeys antics to scrummping an apple, is somewhat of an understatement. They didn't scrump an apple they stole the orchard and the stately home the orchards resided in and then burnt the vintage car collection and raped the wife and daughters on their way out and I can't even type, what they did in the fish pond.

They would taste the same at the time.

But what if someone came back later and pointed you out to the farmer who then re-arranged all 24 fingers and toes for stealing his apples? Would that scrumped apple taste be worth it?

Your club seems to have a wage budget which seems to be pretty far fetched already, but is used up with a load of over paid and under preforming players leaving you with a shortage of players.

Watford do not have any parachute payments to bail them out while they cover some prem wages yet they have a full squad of players, including youth, that are not breaking the bank and are doing quite well.

If your club does eventually fold are you going to feel as good about the ride your club has taken you on?

If Lawrence is on the widely reported £20k/week, and Poopey have signed him on a three and a half year contract, that is taking on a liability of approx £5 million quid. It seems completely barmy for someone in their predicament...... Unless they really don't expect to have to honour it in full

If Lawrence is on the widely reported £20k/week, and Poopey have signed him on a three and a half year contract, that is taking on a liability of approx £5 million quid. It seems completely barmy for someone in their predicament...... Unless they really don't expect to have to honour it in full

or their position is better than we hope :(

Questions need to be asked if this happens...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-West-Ham-poised-to-raid-Portsmouth-for-4m-Liam-Lawrence-article662539.html

I doubt FIFA would allow it tbh if there really is interest.

Would be seriously funny as the money would go straight into Chinnys pocket and signal Pompeys route for the rest of the season.

Now there's a shocker!

NOT.

Hehehe.

So the few all have a woo hoo "we've signed LL moment", there is hope, Chanrai really loves us, we're going up....

Followed swiftly by a magnificently aimed and timed kick in the nuts.

Sweet start to the year.

Oh and Happy New Year to one and all, apologies for being off-line for a week, but (not intentionally) I found a far more enjoyable past-time than few baiting... I was on my NYE hols in Bangkok....

Oh boy it was great - every bar held an Aussie Cricket fan and D_P just HAD to discuss the Ashes with them...

But, interestingly, unlike the few, the Aussies seem to get it. I reckon I heard dozens of Holepuncture quality rants about their predicament, and unlike the few, they don't try and blame someone else.

Questions need to be asked if this happens...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-West-Ham-poised-to-raid-Portsmouth-for-4m-Liam-Lawrence-article662539.html

I doubt FIFA would allow it tbh if there really is interest.

So, as we thought, they have only completed this transfer to make a quick profit. I really, really hope that FIFA shaft them and refuse to sanction it, meaning they will be stuck with the extra liability of his wages that they can't afford. I won't hold my breath though, as they seem to have a knack of squirming out of these things.

So, as we thought, they have only completed this transfer to make a quick profit. I really, really hope that FIFA shaft them and refuse to sanction it, meaning they will be stuck with the extra liability of his wages that they can't afford. I won't hold my breath though, as they seem to have a knack of squirming out of these things.

Their argument with FIFA will be interesting.

DFCSBs "We have to sell him as we can't afford the wages"

FIFA "Why did you buy him then?"

DFCSBs "We had to complete the deal which was previously arranged but we couldn't complete in time during the last window"

FIFA "But back then you were in administration and supposed to be fiscally prudent with reference to your commitments to your C.V.A."

DFCSBs "What does 'fiscally prudent' mean?"

loan shark claims ownership of a business when repayments don't appear,

the business then buys an asset with borrowed money,

it sells it immediately,

'owner' claims his 80%.

In other businesses that could look like money laundering....

I'm sure that isn't the case here as the shrewd and powerful football authorities would be all over it like Avram at a booty buffet - and as the current West Ham manager and all time pompey hero once announced on the pitch at Fratton,

you can't take their spirit! But you can exploit their problems and take their players.

They got in bed with sharks to buy the cup, now they keep getting bitten - funny that.

According to the CVA the few should be receiving exactly £4,000,000 from player trading this month. FIFA may give their blessing for this reason, but it would mean that their best player is off.

Actually that would almost be quite plausible, ben haim, lawerence (If FIFA agee) and kitson.... theres your 4 million and the wage bill reduced to boot. The only two problems are that they are still 5 million down on the CVA predictions from the summer transfers and secondly they just wont do it. Their arms must be killing them having kept two fingers in the air at the rest of football, creditors, charities and HMRC for so long.

Am I being a bit naive here.

Stoke let a player go on a free who then, overnight, turns into a £4m player.

I know things are never black and white with Pompey but cant really see the Stoke Board/management being so gullible, unless there is a monster sell on clause added.

Surely Stoke must have learned after paying an inflated price for Marc Wilson but then again so many unanswered questions in football