Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Taken from a Pompey message board. Makes interesting reading.

12 Jan 2011 17:08:06

Portsmouth defender Ricardo Rocha will sign for QPR before the end of January - personal terms being discussed.

12 Jan 2011 12:12:40

Richard Hughes is going back to Bournemouth, best mates with Eddie Howe and has been told he's got no chance of playing for Pompey again.

Either a free transfer or nominal fee. Expect any money Pompey recieve to be sucked straight into funding the first CVA payment, which as it stands, Pompey don't have enough for. For this reason, expect Brown (linked with Wolves) and at least one more to leave Fratton Park.

It won't be Lawrence - footballing rules dictate a player cannot move twice in one transfer window, and he signed the permanent deal on the opening day of this window, making him ineligable to move again this month. It's looking likely to be Nugent, with a host of clubs looking to get his signature.

Cotterill's handed chief exec David Lampitt a list with three permanent players he desperately wants, and two loans, one thought to be an extention to Halford's loan. Lampitt has apparently told Cotts he's not got a hope in hell with two of the three permanents, and is unsure whether or not they can get hold of the second loan signing. {ed's note - didn't Lawrence move on loan first? If so his arrival date could be set on that, rather than the date he signed permanently. Though it depends on the loan contract, if a loan with a view to perm then it will be the original loan date that matter. Mind if he signed on a perm only when the window opens then it is unlikely to be a loan with a view to perm, those on that kind of contract can complete a perm move at any time, even outside the windows.}

Im not sure if this info can be correct as there is no way Bournemouth could pay Hughes 15k a week

I know all clubs will push the rules as far as possible and I would want Saints to do that if it were within the spirit of the game BUT I can't remember another club putting in a false appeal against their own admission of guilt, losing it, sending the player back to his own club to serve the extra game where he wasn't wanted, then miraculously re-signing him a week later.

he wasn't given an extra game ban.

That's their main problem, they overpay everyone - apart from creditors!

The players won't get the same money elsewhere, Hughes has to decide on whether he wants to play football or earn money.

Most go for the latter - see S.Wright-Phillips etc.

No need for Hughes to do anything, he can just sit there and take his money, then get a move in the summer on lesser wages.

No point in us looking at anyone there as we couldn't match their spending, not many outside the Prem top three could - or will.

Most clubs are astonished at pompey's generosity and their pioneering work in raising ordinary players' wages.

There's Blackpool halfway up the Prem with a massive income, bringing in players like Hammill on presumably about £10K a week - they, Wigan, West Brom, Wolves, none can compete with post-admin pompey on wages.

Funnily it's only uncle Avram and his mates offering Bridge £90K a week who are just as bonkers.

That's your dream player auction - pompey and West Ham trying to get Pulis off us.....

Didn't the FA and FL ever wonder how pompey can outbid just about anyone?

That's their main problem, they overpay everyone - apart from creditors!

The players won't get the same money elsewhere, Hughes has to decide on whether he wants to play football or earn money.

Most go for the latter - see S.Wright-Phillips etc.

No need for Hughes to do anything, he can just sit there and take his money, then get a move in the summer on lesser wages.

No point in us looking at anyone there as we couldn't match their spending, not many outside the Prem top three could - or will.

Most clubs are astonished at pompey's generosity and their pioneering work in raising ordinary players' wages.There's Blackpool halfway up the Prem with a massive income, bringing in players like Hammill on presumably about £10K a week - they, Wigan, West Brom, Wolves, none can compete with post-admin pompey on wages.

Funnily it's only uncle Avram and his mates offering Bridge £90K a week who are just as bonkers.

That's your dream player auction - pompey and West Ham trying to get Pulis off us.....

Didn't the FA and FL ever wonder how pompey can outbid just about anyone?

lol you do have a way with words

Expect any money Pompey recieve to be sucked straight into funding the first CVA payment, which as it stands, Pompey don't have enough for. For this reason, expect Brown (linked with Wolves) and at least one more to leave Fratton Park.

I think they're beginning to get it.. They haven't even got 5p in the pound...

Well well, unless we all missed something first time round ( I always had it down as March 2011) the date for the first CVA repayment appears to have changed to April 2012, with the second one being just 4 months later.

Did we miss this or has it changed

Well well, unless we all missed something first time round ( I always had it down as March 2011) the date for the first CVA repayment appears to have changed to April 2012, with the second one being just 4 months later.

With the Android in charge anything (dodgy) is possible.

It was changed in December I think. They didn't raise enough cash from player sales to fund the CVA so they had to put the payments to creditors back - Android and a couple of solicitors will be pulling their fees out this month

though.

the article confuses it by mentioning sell on clauses - looks more like Harry gave them an interest-free loan as a Begovic deposit tied to the Kaboul deal, and they sold him and trousered it.

So by loaning money and through transfer activity, Spurs did more than any other club to help them try to avoid admin, thus reducing the chances of a full investigation into where the money went.

And let's remember how Redknapp supported his old mate by claiming Storrie showed him pompey contracts long after he'd left.

Odd, but it all makes sense if you can imagine what they might gain.

Ching Ching - a Harry trans£er target from the far east or a sound often heard in motorway services and behind stands?

Im not sure if this info can be correct as there is no way Bournemouth could pay Hughes 15k a week

I heard it was closer to £20k. He'll not be going anywhere this season unless the skates pay about 70% of his wages.

And the rest :uhoh: :lol:

I'm surprised for fans who pride themselves on how well informed they are (not to mention how far up their own arses) just how much you get wrong. Granty confidently reported a while back when you were all pontificating (again) about how much our players were paid that Hughes was on £35K a week. It's now come out that he's on £22K a week. Still big money for an average player but demonstrates that you've got no idea how much our players are paid. Bleating on about how much we're paying for loan players when you have no idea what the deal is. I saw someone post that we're paying £16K a week for Halford. I'd be interested to see a link confirming how much we're paying him so please, post away.

So basically Portsmouth just stole £1m from Spurs.

Dirty, cheating, lying c()nts

the article confuses it by mentioning sell on clauses - looks more like Harry gave them an interest-free loan as a Begovic deposit tied to the Kaboul deal, and they sold him and trousered it.

So by loaning money and through transfer activity, Spurs did more than any other club to help them try to avoid admin, thus reducing the chances of a full investigation into where the money went.

In your ridiculous bitterness towards Pompey you now can't even digest basic facts from a Guardian article. There was no £1m advance. Azougy did a deal with Spurs for Kaboul and Begovic to join them at a combined fee. Begovic wanted first team football and refused to go so we sold him to Stoke. Spurs say that the fee agreed was a joint one for the two players and are claiming £1m as only one player joined - but they still signed Kaboul and that's why PFC are disputing we owe them anything for a player they didn't sign. Depends if they have any paperwork from Azougy confirming the deal they're claiming.

As for the other post about Redknapp/ Spurs giving us an interest free loan. PMSL. Read the article before jumping on your high horses and developing ludicrous conspiracy theories.

I'm surprised for fans who pride themselves on how well informed they are (not to mention how far up their own arses) just how much you get wrong. Granty confidently reported a while back when you were all pontificating (again) about how much our players were paid that Hughes was on £35K a week. It's now come out that he's on £22K a week. Still big money for an average player but demonstrates that you've got no idea how much our players are paid. Bleating on about how much we're paying for loan players when you have no idea what the deal is. I saw someone post that we're paying £16K a week for Halford. I'd be interested to see a link confirming how much we're paying him so please, post away.

In your ridiculous bitterness towards Pompey you now can't even digest basic facts from a Guardian article. There was no £1m advance. Azougy did a deal with Spurs for Kaboul and Begovic to join them at a combined fee. Begovic wanted first team football and refused to go so we sold him to Stoke. Spurs say that the fee agreed was a joint one for the two players and are claiming £1m as only one player joined - but they still signed Kaboul and that's why PFC are disputing we owe them anything for a player they didn't sign. Depends if they have any paperwork from Azougy confirming the deal they're claiming.

As for the other post about Redknapp/ Spurs giving us an interest free loan. PMSL. Read the article before jumping on your high horses and developing ludicrous conspiracy theories.

Bite away unhung zero..we're still laughing our asses off!:lol:

The Ho returns.

What wind of good fortune has filled your sails this time my little pikelet?

Have the skates won a game or progressed in the cup or something?

No, wait, don't tell me.

Riquelme has been spotted at Gunwharf!

Come on give us the really interesting updates we're all after - Maradona, Riquelme, latest sugar daddy, New Stadium etc

Are you for real?!? Bitter?!? HAHAHA!

Yes Ho... We are so jealous and bitter and twisted. You couldn't begin to understand how much it hurts to have to look at your far superior state at the moment. To hear all the names being linked to your club, to hear about this state of the art stadium your going to have, To watch you earning your way into the upper reaches of football. To see 15,000 of "The Worlds Greatest Fans"™ crammed into your Prestigous stadium week in week out.

You lot of top class. (idiots that is.)

Unfortunately chum... The futures bright. It's red & White and you boys have a loooooooooong old bumpy road ahead. Some say, it has a dead end not too far down it.

that traffic back from Brighton must have been horrendous!

Thank goodness he's returned to explain why his local club for local people isn't in fact a gathering of convicted crooks, tax-dodging cheats, money launderering charity-abusers and grossly overpaid mediocre players - and they're not supported by sister-bothering carnival folk with no understanding of how the sporting, legal, financial and business worlds operate beyond the dodgy tarmac their home is parked upon.

Quiet everyone, let's hear some more wisdom from the contributor whose ITK claims lost him all credibility about 700 pages ago....it might start with an insult to cover the fact that the following argument may well be a whole new version of history.

I'm surprised for fans who pride themselves on how well informed they are (not to mention how far up their own arses) just how much you get wrong.

A quite impressive number of pots calling the kettle black there :facepalm:

Granty confidently reported a while back when you were all pontificating (again) about how much our players were paid that Hughes was on £35K a week.

And I stand by that, having obtained the same figure from two sources, one of which was a ****ing public document :facepalm:

It's now come out that he's on £22K a week.

Says who? Your mate high up at the club who you see socially every two weeks or so?

Depends if they have any paperwork from Azougy confirming the deal they're claiming.

I'm surprised you are still dumb enough to believe what your club tells you (new ground, rich arabs etc), it appears pretty clear what the agreement was and I seriously doubt Spurs would forward pompey any money without paperwork!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1267961/Spurs-standing-firm-1m-Asmir-Begovic-fee-Portsmouth.html

A quite impressive number of pots calling the kettle black there :facepalm:

And I stand by that, having obtained the same figure from two sources, one of which was a ****ing public document :facepalm:

Says who? Your mate high up at the club who you see socially every two weeks or so?

I think Corpse is quoting the figure less win bonuses, goals scored, appearances, clean sheets, shop opening, ribbon cutting, bonuses, which quite clearly aren't being earnt at the moment.

That probably makes the £22k per week more realistic. It certainly seems to fit well with the much spouted £10k per week wage cap that the Android was touting around for his CVA to work ;)

In your ridiculous bitterness towards Pompey you now can't even digest basic facts from a Guardian article. There was no £1m advance. Depends if they have any paperwork from Azougy confirming the deal they're claiming.

Paperwork? Where Pompey are concerned? Now which shredder did we file it in...

A Says who? Your mate high up at the club who you see socially every two weeks or so?

Err, no Granty, Richard Hughes did. All over the papers that he's offered to take a 50% wage cut from £22K a week to £11K a week to get a new contract. So he wasn't on £35K a week. Surprised you guys didn't see it, given how closely you seem to search our local paper and post on any online pieces posing as Pompey fans

corp..what are they latest transfer news for PFC..

Riquleme..?

kalanic..?

maradona..?

how is the new ground coming along..? going to be in the heart of the city isnt it..? i remember milan promising the work will start soon....wont be long now

As I always say when any of you 'tards post this, post me a link to me saying Maradona was going to be our manager or that we would sign Riquelme, Eto'o etc. In fact, just last week Crabtard posted some quotes from Pompey fans on here one of which was me saying I had no idea if the stadium at the Hard would be built. If that's now me saying it was definitely going to happen your grasp of English is very odd.

I'm surprised you are still dumb enough to believe what your club tells you (new ground, rich arabs etc), it appears pretty clear what the agreement was and I seriously doubt Spurs would forward pompey any money without paperwork!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1267961/Spurs-standing-firm-1m-Asmir-Begovic-fee-Portsmouth.html

The article says what I posted. Fee agreed for two players, Begovic refused to go there and Spurs are claiming there was compensation of £1m agreed.

The article says what I posted. Fee agreed for two players, Begovic refused to go there and Spurs are claiming there was compensation of £1m agreed.

Given spurs say "Portsmouth were keen to openly and freely agree to this surety" I would guess they have it on record so I suspect you are p*ssing in the wind trying not to pay it. Still, not the first time you have appealed something to try and put off the inevitable eh!

Edited by pedg

Given spurs say "Portsmouth were keen to openly and freely agree to this surety" I would guess they have it on record so I suspect you are p*ssing in the wind trying not to pay it. Still, not the first time you have appealed something to try and put off the inevitable eh!

FFS, I'm not saying we shouldn't pay it. I was trying to point out to some of your mong like fans that it wasn't a conspiracy theory of Readknapp giving us an interest free loan as had been said but was part of a double transfer deal that didn't come off as Begovic chose to go to Stoke instead. Keep up, eh?

FFS, I'm not saying we shouldn't pay it. I was trying to point out to some of your mong like fans that it wasn't a conspiracy theory of Readknapp giving us an interest free loan as had been said but was part of a double transfer deal that didn't come off as Begovic chose to go to Stoke instead. Keep up, eh?

It does appear that spurs were keen to help which may well be related to the presence of arry.

Anyway such a pity for you this is a debt to a football club and no a local business as you can't get away with paying 5 totally imaginary pence in the pound on this debt.

And let's remember how Redknapp supported his old mate by claiming Storrie showed him pompey contracts long after he'd left.

Odd, but it all makes sense if you can imagine what they might gain.

Ching Ching - a Harry trans£er target from the far east or a sound often heard in motorway services and behind stands?

It was his brother Ker Ching he was after I thought.

11k a week in the NPC... even after a pay cut...

Let's see what we did in similar situation. Oh yeah, we didn't play them so they couldn't be due win or appearnce money we did not have.

22k basic, 13k a week bonuses no doubt.

We made do with Loyd James on 4k a week Hohoho seems to think even at 11k a week he's getting a value for money player. Let's face it, both of them didn't do the job needed either.

I wonder what the maximum salary is at that massive club Doncaster (who sit proudly above the Skates at the moment)

How about the masive wages paid to the superstars of Watford who sit in what Ho believes is his rightful place in the league?

Stop making us laugh Corpy. Your club chose a route of High salaries AGAIN at the start of the season and look where it has got you.

Why don't you send Storrie on another scouting trip to Africa searching for money again. Heard there are a whole load of African Witch Doctors around who can make money fall out of the sky. Should fit in well with your Business Strategy.

Perhaps this was the guy Al Fahim was looking for to bring in as your saviour?

http://en.news.maktoob.com/20090000547056/Dubai_jails_wizard_who_promised_rain_of_cash_/Article.htm

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC
lol

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

lol

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

like that ever happened.

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City)

Edu - Valencia (Loan)

Manuel Fernandes - Valencia (£6m)

Gary O'Neil - Boro (£4.5m)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (£7m)

Mirel Radio - Steaua Bucharest (£4.5m)

Ronald Zubar - Marseille (£6m)

Aruna Dindane - Lens (£6m)

Blaise Matuidi - St Etienne (£8m)

Well you got Dindane in the end, lolz all round

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

think you should sack your source.

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

bless

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

mega lolz

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

words fail me

There were several groups/ individuals who have been looking at buying Pompey. The German group were one of them, as dear old Nick Nack confirmed he'd heard. The Arab group that were going to buy Charlton were also interested but dropped out when Gaydamak wanted a company he has interests in to be given the building contract for the new stadium. There was also a group backed by money from the Rausing family (owners of the Tetrapak, richest family in Britain I believe) and a couple of others. However, I've been told that a deal ha now been done and will be announced within a couple of weeks.

it keeps on coming

If the buyers are from the four groups I was told about I don't think spending £130m on a stadium will make much of a dent in their finances.

keep dreaming

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

so which non-existent group were leading the non-existent pack? The scandinavian Al-Faraj?

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

go on, you may as well spill the beans now?

Good to see what Stuey said - that mega rich investors wouldn't be lining up to buy Pompey - coming true isn't it? He's a genius that Stuey

Maybe Stuey was right in the end eh?

corp..what are they latest transfer news for PFC..

Riquleme..?

kalanic..?

maradona..?

how is the new ground coming along..? going to be in the heart of the city isnt it..? i remember milan promising the work will start soon....wont be long now

Massive LOL at these pictures: http://www.thedigitalsouth.com/search/results.ehtml?searchtype=advanced&search=1&searchkeywords=Portsmouth+stadium+featured

Happy friday, everyone!!!

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho viewpost-right.png

There were several groups/ individuals who have been looking at buying Pompey. The German group were one of them, as dear old Nick Nack confirmed he'd heard. The Arab group that were going to buy Charlton were also interested but dropped out when Gaydamak wanted a company he has interests in to be given the building contract for the new stadium. There was also a group backed by money from the Rausing family (owners of the Tetrapak, richest family in Britain I believe) and a couple of others. However, I've been told that a deal ha now been done and will be announced within a couple of weeks.

Oh hell, I missed that one at the time. Oh that's funny Corpy. That really is so fecking funny.

Err, no Granty, Richard Hughes did. All over the papers that he's offered to take a 50% wage cut from £22K a week to £11K a week to get a new contract. So he wasn't on £35K a week. Surprised you guys didn't see it, given how closely you seem to search our local paper and post on any online pieces posing as Pompey fans

nice try, but actually that £22k figure (which I don't neccesarly disagree on seeing as I said £20k) has just been bandied about in the `fans responses at the bottom of a Portsmouth News item on their website' - see post 28 on: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Familiar-faces-could-provide-an.6659835.jp?CommentPage=3&CommentPageLength=10

Richard Hughes has at no point revealed to the papers his wage.

Edited by Chez

As I always say when any of you 'tards post this, post me a link to me saying Maradona was going to be our manager or that we would sign Riquelme, Eto'o etc. In fact, just last week Crabtard posted some quotes from Pompey fans on here one of which was me saying I had no idea if the stadium at the Hard would be built. If that's now me saying it was definitely going to happen your grasp of English is very odd.

before or after bonuses?

LOL anothersaintinsouthsea has reminded us perfectly you have 0 credibility on what's gone on down at Fratton Park in the last couple of years. You are a laughing stock.

LOL a 36,000 capacity stadium when they couldn't even fill a 20,000 capacity stadium in the PL. In a way it's a shame that didn't go ahead, the amount of empty seats right now would be thoroughly entertained every week

I think a bit of mythology has developed but here are a few Crop Ho gems to lol at:

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

Not going to heppen, certainly not signing Eto'o/ Villa etc but wouldn't be surprised to see Maradona acting as some sort of "ambassador" (call it what you want) for PFC

lol

But I thought no-one would buy Pompey Nick. You told me so repeatedly and so did the Romsey Retard. You kept saying you were a much more attractive proposition.

Don't worry, I've read he's only 10 times as wealthy as Abramovich

lol

Yeah, it's way too high although our turnover for last year was £70m (!) and with the players that are out of contract in the summer such as Campbell, Lauren and Kanu who are big earners we'll shave around £15m off the wage bill. Even allowing for some replacements to come in that will take us down to around 60% of our income which is the Prem's guideline.

like that ever happened.

Keep up doofus, it's not Riquelme, it's Saviola.

Players Out:

Hreidarsson - Celtic/ Reading

Sol Campbell - Newcastle/ Villareal

Utaka - Rangers/ Lens/ Rennes

Kanu - Fiorentina/ Ajax (£2m!!!)

Lauren - AEK Athens/ Bolton/ Wigan

Kranjcar - Arsenal

Players In:

Saviola/ Drenthe - Real Madrid (Loan)

Joey Barton (£3m)/ Benjani/ Michael Johnson (£6m combined) (Man City)

Edu - Valencia (Loan)

Manuel Fernandes - Valencia (£6m)

Gary O'Neil - Boro (£4.5m)

Edin Dzeko - Wolfsburg (£7m)

Mirel Radio - Steaua Bucharest (£4.5m)

Ronald Zubar - Marseille (£6m)

Aruna Dindane - Lens (£6m)

Blaise Matuidi - St Etienne (£8m)

Was told late last night that the SA group looking to buy us had a hitch in their plans but that they now have the finance to buy the club pretty much in place. They have around £60m and Gaydamak wants £65m. Have been told that the deal should (unless something else crops up) happen some time in January. Have also been told that this group don't want Adams and that he's likely to be moved out before the deal is announced. So keep watching.

I've been told that Pompey's financial situation is nowhere near as bad has been suggested by the media. Gaydamak sold his stake in one of his other companies for £35m recently (Antanta Pioglobal if anyone wants to look it up) so while he won't want to use all of that cash on PFC it gives him some breathing space if it's needed in an emergency.

bless

PMSL. So when Storrie says this he's the man to listen to but when he says we have no financial problems and that we won't be selling players in January you tell me he's a liar and that we're going bust. I love the way you lot change your tune when it suits you.

mega lolz

Unfortunately for me it looks as though the Chinese group (whose bid isapparently still on the table) are going to be outbid by the South African offer (see story below from the South African newspaper). Would rather the Chinese lot won as they seem prepared to put more into the club but Gaydamak will make more from the African one, not just initially but also an involvement in any stadium that's built. There's also a group from the UAE sniffing around who met with Gaydamak last week. Looks like I've ended up with egg foo yung on my face over the date on this one but I'm still willing to bet that we get new owners before you do.

words fail me

it keeps on coming

If the buyers are from the four groups I was told about I don't think spending £130m on a stadium will make much of a dent in their finances.

keep dreaming

Nick, nice to get into a decent & sensible conversation with you for once. The £130m you quote is not just for the stadium. The plans also include a 10,000 seat arena for concerts and also other commercial developments (I assume retail, bars etc). Finding a buyer doesn't seem to be a problem, we have at least four groups sniffing around and like I said earlier, I'm told a deal will be done before Xmas. Haven't heard about Germans but if you move a little further North in Europe you wouldn't be too far wrong from the group leading the pack at the moment.

so which non-existent group were leading the non-existent pack? The scandinavian Al-Faraj?

I've been told that there are three bids on the table for Pompey. One is a Thai group, one is a Russian guy whose name I've been told but won't repeat on here (he's very, very wealthy though - we're talking multiple billions) and the third is in all likelihood not arabs but Hong Kong Chinese - again mega Billions.

Good to see what Stuey said - that mega rich investors wouldn't be lining up to buy Pompey - coming true isn't it? He's a genius that Stuey

Bl00dy brilliant

RSVP Corp Ho Ho Ho

lol

lol

like that ever happened.

bless

mega lolz

words fail me

it keeps on coming

keep dreaming

BIGGEST Corp pwning in history! Brilliant selection of insider info, PMSL...

Corp, are you posting from Portsea asylum?