Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

You look a complete chump for bleating on about the charities when you've been proved wrong twice now.

Call Neil Allen at the Portsmouth News sports-Desk... the Childrens Cancer Charities have NOT BEEN PAID. Im not talking in fantasy CVA currency here, but cold hard cash, paid to the charities.

261512_109317579161932_100002510727044_92897_6077606_n.jpg?1309226070

melting_pot_of_friendship_by_bryson_c-d3l8yqe.jpg?1311387684

Corps, thanks for your reply. Interesting the bit about Gaydamak owning the land around Nottarf. Are Tesco's really that interseted, because with the current debate on relaxing current planning regs. I'm sure that with their financial/political muscle that if they could see a profit they would act as soon as the new lax regulations came into force. Does Gay'k own enough land there to build a fair sized store including car park, storage, delivery areas etc?

Well, not really.

That undertaking was written into the CVA report which was filed by the Administrator at the High Court on or about 18th June 2010. It is part & parcel of the terms under which the club exited admin.

From the report on 17 June Creditors' meeting

"Subject to the approval of the CVA, Portpin Limited has undertaken to pay all unescured creditors with claims of up to £2,500 in full and to pay any amounts owed to Charitable Organisations in full."

Somewhat removed from a mere "verbal promise"...

Far be it from me to 'defend' PFC, but I am not quite sure what attacking their fans over the current payment or non-payment of the Charities owed or the smaller creditors (under 2500) is that helpful in this debate... and credit should go to those fans who have pressurised the club to sort this, even if in part it is the responibility of Portpin?

To me this whole saga is about at what point does the over extending of the finances that leads to a competitive advantage become in the words of many 'cheating' and what should be done about by the footballing authorities to prevent it happening again. We can laugh at pompey, we can enjoy their fall from grace with schardenfreude as is expected from the local rivalries, no harm in that, but it does not answer address the main issue here. That clubs are still not managing their financial affairs within what would be common sense approaches, let alone reckless and stupid. Corps made the point that Pompey sold players to the value of 70 mil when 58mil in debt and where did this go? I speculated about how depending on teh contractual obligations selling ceratin high earners on long term contracts in a fire sale can in effect be counter productive, if the compensation payments due are in some cases potentially more than the transfer revenue... and when you consider that these payments are often spread over time, its hardly surprizing taht as fans without access to the books or in most cases accounting degrees find it impossible to get to the bottom of, let alone pass comment that is based on no more than speculation.

I suspect that of that 70 mil estimated transfer fee, a huge chunk would have gone straight back out again in compensation, paying over clubs installments on the original fees etc... I cant comment on whetehr there were any irregularities, thats up to the investigators, but it does not and should not distract us from the debate about WHY a club is allowed to get into such a financial mess, chasing a dream. For me this is not about pompey, but about the game as a whole. The 'private members club' rules being ineffective, ineffectual, and unlikely to be tightened because those making the rules play by the same financial tightrope... simply to try and avoid the 'dreaded drop' - they even were allowed to vote on giving themselves MORE money on relegation - to help with the stupid and excessiive contracts they were daft enough to sign up players for in teh first place... how the **** can this be acceptable in sport? It goes against the very principles of what sport is all about. Sky revenues have fuelled this greed and created a breakaway group that votes for its own good irrespective of what the FA say, what the remaining clubs in the FL think, with a complete disregard for the good of the game - its no surprize we see players doing the same when the example set by the PL clubs is so disfigured.

Corps you have tried to suggest that at times we did the same, took advantage of the system so why are we any different? Well I wills ay again that depsite the fact most fans might not agree, the PLC regulations combined with Lowe, meant when in the prem we were sensible, broke even and avoided debt on wages and players, had a sensible wage structure and invested in infrastructure when we could - the result of which was relegation - sure other factors applied, but ultimately managers came and went because most in football dont want to operate within such tight purse strings, even Strachan who left most liekly because he would not get the cash he wanted- because we did not have it - which is why he was perhaps never as critical of Lowe as some, he understood the sense it it, even if not able to work with it... Some have said (in ignornace) that the stadium debt was 'beyond our means' - er no it was not, we continued to pay it in the CCC and in L1 and because we cut our cloth had actually reduced the overdraft at the time that Barclays got cold feet... so I do believe we can at least demonstrate a reasonable level of moral high ground against not just pompey, but all other clubs that have gone down the high risk route... and I am comfortable with that even if its meant we were draged through the mire.

What i want to know is why the feck, no one is prepared to do something about the regulations. So many times we hear ****e from those within football that it should regulate itself, and avoid outside interference from government - usually because government is in teh back pocket of Murdoch and his vote swinging rags...but thats another debate - no balls, no ethics from the top, maybe we should not be surprized clubs get away with it, yet those who refuse to follow the pattern end up relegated... for me it stinks and perhaps why I would not be too dissapointed if we stay in the NPC - simply becasue I think teh prem is rotten, overhyped self proclaimed greatest leage in the world that encourages debt, extortionate ticket prices, foreign and domestic mercenaries with no real competition unless you spend 400mil on a new squad...not exactly a mouthwatering prospect for me.

Both of the highlighted figures have been plucked from articles written by people supposedly 'in the know', but given that reported debts when Admin Andy started the process were around

£60mil and soon ballooned to £130mil, I would not pay too much heed to the accuracy of any quoted figures leading up to administartion !

The only FACT regarding numbers is the bottom line £130mil which was the figure used in court as the total outstanding to creditors, even that, we all know was contrived to minimise the taxman's percentage but any 'forensic investigation' has to assume that this is the starting point and work backwards !

I wish them well !

FC, please don't take any of Ho's figures as gospel just because he repeats them ad nauseum, he knows no more nor any less than any of us do !

If you're not careful you're going to strain yourself by overreaching clutching for those straws.

You, Lard and Holepuncture have had your proof. Give up

Yes Corp, I am clutching at straws. That is, clutching at them thinking you could give a 'CREDIBLE' link to proof that PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB (not others) had paid back ALL the monies they STOLE from NUMEROUS charities.

And let's get this right, not even Lumpitt has said they have. He only mentioned the 3 MAIN charities.

Still, good to see you didn't dispute the fact that AA and PFC have previous for submitting inaccurate documents to a court of law!

DFCSBs

Corps, thanks for your reply. Interesting the bit about Gaydamak owning the land around Nottarf. Are Tesco's really that interseted, because with the current debate on relaxing current planning regs. I'm sure that with their financial/political muscle that if they could see a profit they would act as soon as the new lax regulations came into force. Does Gay'k own enough land there to build a fair sized store including car park, storage, delivery areas etc?

Just think that if Tesco did build on the Nottarf Krap site there would be more people on the site at 3pm on a Saturday than there are now.

But here's a thought that might stop the financial craziness - don't let owners load debt onto the clubs when they're buying players (or even buying the club itself). make them personally responsible for any financial problems. That would address the issues

:lol: Funny you mention that now, now that Cheats FC don't have a pot to piss in. If you'd suggested that 5 or 6 years ago we'd take you seriously.

That is very unfair. Corp has an interesting life. It is about to be dramatised by the BBC. I have got an advance copy of the script:

Date Saturday 10 September

Time 6.45 pm - Unlucky Pompey have just gone down 4-3 to the cheating Hammers . The Saints have just won at home again and the gap between them and Pompey is increasing ever larger.

Scene: Corp Ho's front room - somewhere in Portsmouth

Present : Mr & Mrs Corporate Ho.

Mrs Ho: (seductively) Hey , bro. Little Corpette is out at our mum's. Why don't you and me go upstairs and try to make her a little brother.

Corp Ho : (crouched over a keyboard) - In a minute my dear. I just need to finish this post for the Saintsweb.

Mrs Ho: What are you still on that? You've been writing that for ages. You even missed listening to Clotterill's moan about the ref to start writing that..

Corp Ho: Its all right. I heard it last week and I will hear it again next week. I just need to fiinsh this post. That Rallyboy has been really getting on my nerves lately.

Mrs Ho: But you have been writing on that forum for ages . At first you promised that you would only write when you were at work.

Corp Ho: Yes. but all the fat from the burgers I was flipping just messed up the keyboard.

Mrs Ho: Now you have now written nearly 800 posts - all on the same subject. Don't you think that they are bored with reading the same drivel from you? Why don't you come upstairs? I'm nearly 16 now so its almost legal.

Corp Ho : I can't sis. I am committed to the great Pompey cause. If I keep banging away on the same drum they may listen to me. I cannot rest until every Saints fan has joined the Blue Few!!

Mrs Ho : (annoyed now) : Well I'm going out then. You aren't the only brother I've got!!

THE END

And then he posted on Saturday evening.

:lol:

That is very unfair. Corp has an interesting life. It is about to be dramatised by the BBC. I have got an advance copy of the script:

Date Saturday 10 September

Time 6.45 pm - Unlucky Pompey have just gone down 4-3 to the cheating Hammers . The Saints have just won at home again and the gap between them and Pompey is increasing ever larger.

Scene: Corp Ho's front room - somewhere in Portsmouth

Present : Mr & Mrs Corporate Ho.

Mrs Ho: (seductively) Hey , bro. Little Corpette is out at our mum's. Why don't you and me go upstairs and try to make her a little brother.

Corp Ho : (crouched over a keyboard) - In a minute my dear. I just need to finish this post for the Saintsweb.

Mrs Ho: What are you still on that? You've been writing that for ages. You even missed listening to Clotterill's moan about the ref to start writing that..

Corp Ho: Its all right. I heard it last week and I will hear it again next week. I just need to fiinsh this post. That Rallyboy has been really getting on my nerves lately.

Mrs Ho: But you have been writing on that forum for ages . At first you promised that you would only write when you were at work.

Corp Ho: Yes. but all the fat from the burgers I was flipping just messed up the keyboard.

Mrs Ho: Now you have now written nearly 800 posts - all on the same subject. Don't you think that they are bored with reading the same drivel from you? Why don't you come upstairs? I'm nearly 16 now so its almost legal.

Corp Ho : I can't sis. I am committed to the great Pompey cause. If I keep banging away on the same drum they may listen to me. I cannot rest until every Saints fan has joined the Blue Few!!

Mrs Ho : (annoyed now) : Well I'm going out then. You aren't the only brother I've got!!

THE END

And then he posted on Saturday evening.

you should be ashamed of such a factually incorrect post......there's no way a woman would wish Ho to go to bed with her , unless she wanted to be bored to sleep.

18 bookings in 6 league games against our 5. DFCSBs

Just a little glitch Sidney, Thats all,

The skate snooze is a little concerned:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/alan-mcloughlin/pompey_paying_penalty_for_disciplinary_record_1_3045187

Funnily enough, they start talking about the laws of the game, conveniently forgetting poopey dont do laws.

They were the second most disgraceful team in the beautiful game last season, second to Dirty Leeds... the highest paid XI demonstrating how to kick, fight and cheat there way out of a relegation fight...

And this season they have returned with that same spirit of shocking discipline and dirty tactics, but this time they lead the table of shame.

Another accolade they picked up last night, was the most abandoned drug test in the Premier League, even though they have only been in there 5 of 20 years!

Maybe that is why the players are out of control and disrespecting there opposition, forcing them into dangerous, unnecessary, career threatening challenges - as they are all bang on the charlie et al... might as well when you are being paid WELL over the market rate for your services!

So congratulations Corp and Mack, you now follow the No.1 club for avoiding drug tests... another one to chalk onto the honours wall at Gadymacks carpark.

Your next commendation, has to be for managing to be so f*cking clueless its un-bloody-believable... Paying a rival club a £1m fee for a player they never signed... all signed and sealed by Danny Azougy, an official working on behalf of the skates:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_closing_in_on_asmir_judgement_1_3045109

And lets not forget about the blue phew, the loyal and faithful skates with there one and only PUP song... They are travelling up in droves for Hull away, having sold 400x for this saturdays match, out of a 2.5k allocation:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Hull-Tickets-Latest-2553.aspx

Massive club... massive!

DFCSB

The skate snooze is a little concerned:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/opinion/alan-mcloughlin/pompey_paying_penalty_for_disciplinary_record_1_3045187

Funnily enough, they start talking about the laws of the game, conveniently forgetting poopey dont do laws.

They were the second most disgraceful team in the beautiful game last season, second to Dirty Leeds... the highest paid XI demonstrating how to kick, fight and cheat there way out of a relegation fight...

And this season they have returned with that same spirit of shocking discipline and dirty tactics, but this time they lead the table of shame.

Another accolade they picked up last night, was the most abandoned drug test in the Premier League, even though they have only been in there 5 of 20 years!

Maybe that is why the players are out of control and disrespecting there opposition, forcing them into dangerous, unnecessary, career threatening challenges - as they are all bang on the charlie et al... might as well when you are being paid WELL over the market rate for your services!

So congratulations Corp and Mack, you now follow the No.1 club for avoiding drug tests... another one to chalk onto the honours wall at Gadymacks carpark.

Your next commendation, has to be for managing to be so f*cking clueless its un-bloody-believable... Paying a rival club a £1m fee for a player they never signed... all signed and sealed by Danny Azougy, an official working on behalf of the skates:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_closing_in_on_asmir_judgement_1_3045109

And lets not forget about the blue phew, the loyal and faithful skates with there one and only PUP song... They are travelling up in droves for Hull away, having sold 400x for this saturdays match, out of a 2.5k allocation:

Massive club... massive!

DFCSB

ROFL at Skates... AGAIN

Massive club... massive!

DFCSB

Correction!

The article states 'around' 400 seats have been sold for that match.

We all know that in Skate maths terms, 200 is as close to being 'around' 400 as 130 million is!

DFCSB

Oh, how I would laugh if this hearing not only found in full favour of the Spuds but also proved that Azougy was acting as a director of the club and led to a huge fine and points deduction.

I know the last bit won't happen, but I can dream!!!!

Pompey could face a ‘legal wrangle’ with Balram Chainrai over monies owed to small creditors.

And David Lampitt has stated regaining the land owed by Sacha Gaydamak surrounding Fratton Park is a ‘priority’ to unlocking Pompey’s potential.

Lampitt insisted the money promised to small creditor’s by Chainrai last year is not Pompey’s liability.

Former Blues owner Chainrai said small creditors would receive 100 per cent of money owed to them by the club rather than the 20 per cent agreed in the Company Voluntary Agreement.

However, that pledge has yet to be honoured.

Lampitt said: ‘What was a positive gesture to pay 100 per cent of what they were owed rather than 20 per cent was a positive thing.

‘There was no deadline, but we are keen for it to happen as soon as possible.

‘I have to make it clear the debt and liability does not lie with the football club.

‘It frustrates me that we get some of the ill-will it creates.

‘We are part of the process, though. The nub of the problem is where the liability lies. That’s whether it’s the new owners who took over the company or the previous owners who made the gesture.

‘There is, I guess, a bit of legal wrangling to sort that situation out.

‘I’m trying to protect the position of the club and get the situation rectified.

‘There are legacy issues – this is one of them. We have to keep knocking them on the head. Creditors will be paid all their money, but we can’t guarantee when that will happen.’

Lampitt, speaking at a BBC Radio Solent forum at Fratton Park last night, also explained Gaydamak’s land would be key to Fratton Park’s future.

He said: ‘The car park no longer belongs with the club.

‘Since Mr Gaydamak left the ownership of the club, that – and the land behind the North Stand – has stayed with him.

‘It’s the intention of the owners to get that land back.

‘It’s on our priority list because the potential it unlocks with the club is very significant to how we can take it forward.

Nothing like playing your cards close to your chest

And David Lampitt has stated regaining the land owed by Sacha Gaydamak surrounding Fratton Park is a ‘priority’ to unlocking Pompey’s potential

Since Mr Gaydamak left the ownership of the club, that – and the land behind the North Stand – has stayed with him.

‘It’s the intention of the owners to get that land back.

‘It’s on our priority list because the potential it unlocks with the club is very significant to how we can take it forward.

Don't worry Dave I'm sure that Sacha will let you have it for a fiver now..... just because you asked so nicely.

Lets not even go into the contridiction that it is not the responsibility of the football club, only in his next sentance to acknowledge its all a legal wrangling and they don't know.

It seems pretty clear to me that it is Chainrai's liability, not the new owners.

The bit about the claims being subrogated to Portpin after payment is the clue. I take that to mean that after paying 100%, Portpin will be entitled to get 20% back under the CVA payment in due course. There wouldn't be much point in subrogating the claims to the new owners so that they could pay themselves 20% back under the CVA, would there?

Unless the point is covered in the actual sale agreement which we won't get to see, obviously (and I don't think it is), then it seems pretty plain that Chainrai offered to buy the small creditor's claims, and take their place in line as a creditor under the CVA.

All that is, of course, provided that Portpin and Chainrai are actually one and the same :suspicious:

It seems pretty clear to me that it is Chainrai's liability, not the new owners.

The bit about the claims being subrogated to Portpin after payment is the clue. I take that to mean that after paying 100%, Portpin will be entitled to get 20% back under the CVA payment in due course. There wouldn't be much point in subrogating the claims to the new owners so that they could pay themselves 20% back under the CVA, would there?

Unless the point is covered in the actual sale agreement which we won't get to see, obviously (and I don't think it is), then it seems pretty plain that Chainrai offered to buy the small creditor's claims, and take their place in line as a creditor under the CVA.

All that is, of course, provided that Portpin and Chainrai are actually one and the same :suspicious:

The new Skates owners have a problem. It seems clear it's Portpin's onligation to pay, but how do you force them to do so given where they are based / registered as they are probably beyond the reach of our courts. So assuming they don't pay, the problem will still fester on and on, unless the new owners decide to bite the bullet and cough up themselves; if they did that however the newco would have paid some creditors 100% of the money owed, which would mean they would be obligated to pay 100% to everyone. Rather suspect they status quo will carry on with the dirty little club hoping it eventually goes away.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/lawrence_i_deserved_my_red_card_1_3048330

So Liam Lawrence believes he deserved a red card for both his dangerous, career threatening challenges he put on a fellow professional.

Funny how Clotterill "revealed he privately addressed his captain over his dismissal at Upton Park – after publicly leaping to his defence."

'‘You have to back your players publicly – I’ve always done that, even if they’re wrong.’'

Well, what would you expect, another morally corrupt scumbag down at Fratton Park!

I dont really have a bloody clue what he is mumbling on about in this one:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/pompey_boss_forced_into_loan_rethink_1_3048340

"If you have a budget for a Mercedes, you don’t shop in Rolls Royce"

I thought thats exactly what the skates do, ie, £130m on the credit card when you live in a derelict shed?...

Funny that Stevey boy, what with your highest paid XI in the division last season, and you are the (3rd/4th?) biggest spenders this season...

‘We have one cake and we’re trying to get what we can out of that cake.’

Sorry, what? How about you have your cake and f*cking eat it.

And then this beauty from the fans forum:

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pompey_fans_forum_summary_700343/index.shtml

Looks like the dumb skates got a little starstruck and have swallowed it all, all over again.

..."Lampitt replied that the small creditors would be paid "as soon as possible" but there is still no clarity on who is liable to pay them. Is it Portpin or CSI? Nobody seems to know."

That is really quite pathetic from the FAs former Head of INTEGRITY, basically washing his hands of it. It also confirms that whilst Limpitt alluded to the small creditors (charities) being paid by the end of the summer, not a PENNY has been paid... are you reading Corporate?

Clotterill reckons 'that there was a problem with referees in England in general' .... dirty cheating skate bastard, nuff said.

The fans asked for a new stadium, Limpitt just told them 'no rash promises' and then mentioned they have zero potential as the gun runners still own all the land around the dump that is Nottarf. He bigged up the Russian Mafias 5 year plan, citing the £100k bonaza spend on essential maintenence to ensure the 'arena' could legally open the gates, and mentioned the academy...

Surely the dont have full academy status? I thought only top, top teams, like Arsenal and Saints got Academy status... does he mean centre of excellence/summer school?

Clotterill then explains that he had to buy players as he couldnt get any free transfers, despite about 700+ PFA players being avaliable on Frees right now...

And the SKATE mugs... just lapped it all up... blooo arrrmaaaeee - you dirty, endorsing-cheating skate bastards

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/pompey_fans_forum_summary_700343/index.shtml

"Someone mentioned the prospect of finishing above Brighton and Southampton and Liam Lawrence said that he is surprised at how well the south coast sides had started but expects them to "fizzle out" whilst Cotterill added that promoted teams do well for a couple of years before their good (but low paid) players are poached by bigger clubs and thus, those clubs are left with the players on big wages and struggle (paraphrased)."

??????

Oh, how I would laugh if this hearing not only found in full favour of the Spuds but also proved that Azougy was acting as a director of the club and led to a huge fine and points deduction.

I know the last bit won't happen, but I can dream!!!!

You'll fit right in here then- this thread is full of dreamers...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/lawrence_i_deserved_my_red_card_1_3048330

Clotterill then explains that he had to buy players as he couldnt get any free transfers, despite about 700+ PFA players being avaliable on Frees right now...

ROFL

Obviously the word is spreading.

"Dear Out of Contract Footballer, come and join us and secure your financial future...."

"What come down there feck off!"

As opposed to

"Oi XYZ, the club's skint, you're under contract and have no choice, we've sold you to the Skates..."

"You ****, where's my fecking agent I'll fecking kill him"

So Liam Lawrence believes he deserved a red card for both his dangerous, career threatening challenges he put on a fellow professional.

Funny how Clotterill "revealed he privately addressed his captain over his dismissal at Upton Park – after publicly leaping to his defence."

'‘You have to back your players publicly – I’ve always done that, even if they’re wrong.’'

Well, what would you expect, another morally corrupt scumbag down at Fratton Park!

Looking at some of the responses (below) I think there may be some closset Saints fans on their forum.............we sould invite them down the M27 to show them a proper team in a red kit.

14Dave-IOW

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 02:10 PM 13, agreed. I can't wait till I get home and I can buy it!

13SquirrelBoy

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 01:54 PM Post 11 - I love the red kit! But that's probably only because it takes me back to the early nineties.

"Someone mentioned the prospect of finishing above Brighton and Southampton and Liam Lawrence said that he is surprised at how well the south coast sides had started but expects them to "fizzle out" whilst Cotterill added that promoted teams do well for a couple of years before their good (but low paid) players are poached by bigger clubs and thus, those clubs are left with the players on big wages and struggle (paraphrased)."

??????

Once again, the Clot's words make no sense at all.

As for Lawrence thinking us and Brighton will 'fizzle out' to drop below the Skates (which was the question he was answering) he is also clearly an idiot or was just trying to give the phew some desperate hope to cling to.

Once again, the Clot's words make no sense at all.

As for Lawrence thinking us and Brighton will 'fizzle out' to drop below the Skates (which was the question he was answering) he is also clearly an idiot or was just trying to give the phew some desperate hope to cling to.

Both, as he's a skate. Liking the early concession that we'll have to drop form for them to catch us: no attempt to suggest they are capable of hitting a similar vein of form in their own right, never mind a richer one. So the Pompey squad's official answer to the question "can we finish above Saints" is essentially "no, unless they stop winning"! Thanks Liam (you fish-fiddling aunt!)

I don't know where to start with that paraphrased Cotterill comment.

Chelsea and Man City are happy because Man Utd may have started well but they will fizzle out.

Tis the number one plan for coaches worldwide and always has been.

Hungary waited before they came to Wembley and it worked, it was the Liverpool ethos in the 70s.

Shankly, Paisley and even now Ferguson is renowned for it - rather than recognising areas you can improve on yourself you just hope someone else fizzles out.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Watch-Pompey-v-Southampton-In-Style-2556.aspx

Just got to love the oxymoron here; Watch the South Coast derby in style in their poxy lounge.

And what a bargain! A two course "brunch", a free matchday programme and a team sheet! A free parking space. And all for just £75. But that is conditional on you punishing yourself even further by having to attend another selected game and paying £75/£125 for the privilege.

I would have thought that the more effective marketing ploy for this fleapit would be along the lines of the old music hall joke. First prize is a ticket to see the match. Second prize is two tickets to see the match.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Watch-Pompey-v-Southampton-In-Style-2556.aspx

Just got to love the oxymoron here; Watch the South Coast derby in style in their poxy lounge.

And what a bargain! A two course "brunch", a free matchday programme and a team sheet! A free parking space. And all for just £75. But that is conditional on you punishing yourself even further by having to attend another selected game and paying £75/£125 for the privilege.

I would have thought that the more effective marketing ploy for this fleapit would be along the lines of the old music hall joke. First prize is a ticket to see the match. Second prize is two tickets to see the match.

To be fair you get to see Barnsley, Peterborough or Doncaster :)

I like the way it states '£75 PLUS VAT' ..... the cheeky f*ckers, everyone knows the skates dont pay the taxman! It serves as a reminder of how awfully poopey have conducted themselves over the last few years... So TCWTB buys his 'hospitality' ticket for £75+15 VAT, pompey then scoop the lot, put the extra £15 into a piggy bank labelled 'gun running', then a couple of years later when Her Majestys servants take them to court to get the countrys money, the club sticks two fingers up, folds and then forces them to accept 20% of the original amount...!

but thats not the punchline... because the real joke is that they dont even intend on paying the 20% back! Haha United Kingdom, unlucky, the peoples republic of portsea has done a number on you... so you can forget your hospitals, forget your police, forget all essential services because were not paying for them, the money is going off to purchase more land mines for Angoloa!

Should Pompey be trialled and executed for High Treason?

Off with its head!

I don't understand the article and comments! Surely as the season goes on, as they are saying their team will become more cohesive and get better. Could you not apply that logic to all the teams in the division? Very simplistic outlook, that they will improve and we won't.

Portpin is definitely Chainrai's company. The question SHOULD be if Chainrai and Falcondrone are the same. Falcondrone was the company supposedly owned by Ali Al Faraj but Andronikou said in court that Chainrai owned it. If so, Chainrai loaned money to himself, defaulted on the payment and acquired the club for nothing as a result.

ROFL

Obviously the word is spreading.

"Dear Out of Contract Footballer, come and join us and secure your financial future...."

"What come down there feck off!"

As opposed to

"Oi XYZ, the club's skint, you're under contract and have no choice, we've sold you to the Skates..."

"You ****, where's my fecking agent I'll fecking kill him"

Philly, any answer on my question as to whether your sales budget has changed since last year or the year before that or why you thought Antonov could use the EIB loan to SAAB to fund Pompey? I've asked a couple of times now but you seem strangely reticent to answer

I don't know where to start with that paraphrased Cotterill comment.

Can't see a problem with Lawrence's quote. Plenty of teams start a season well and fall away. Look at Blackpool last year in the PL or Doncaster who were near the top of the NPC after a few games last year. As for Pompe fans being "stupid" to say it about you I seem to remember that on this forum's predecessor the year we were promoted most of you were patting each other on the back saying we'd blow it

Can't see a problem with Lawrence's quote. Plenty of teams start a season well and fall away. Look at Blackpool last year in the PL or Doncaster who were near the top of the NPC after a few games last year. As for Pompe fans being "stupid" to say it about you I seem to remember that on this forum's predecessor the year we were promoted most of you were patting each other on the back saying we'd blow it

I don't think that Chez was highlighting what Lawrence was saying, as much as the drivel that spouted forth from Clotterill's mouth. If promoted teams do well for a couple of years, then that does not have much bearing on how this season would pan out between the three South Coast clubs, does it? Is he saying that as both us and Brighton were just promoted, we would be expected to do better than the Skates?

And presumably the Skates underwent that Clotterill scenario whereby after a couple of decent years in the Premiership, they lost all of their good but low paid players to bigger clubs, so that all they were left with were higher paid players, causing them to struggle?

The man's an imbecile.

read my post again. I don't comment on what Lawrence's spouts, I refer only to Cloterril's comment.

I don't know where to start, because if he is saying he'll be OK (he'll keep his best players) because the skates pay top dollar, then how/why are they paying top dollar? There are so many other interpretations that can be made here, many of which make the Clot look like an ass.

Edited by Chez

Portpin is definitely Chainrai's company. The question SHOULD be if Chainrai and Falcondrone are the same. Falcondrone was the company supposedly owned by Ali Al Faraj but Andronikou said in court that Chainrai owned it. If so, Chainrai loaned money to himself, defaulted on the payment and acquired the club for nothing as a result.

My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek, but nevertheless I'll bite. The reason Portpin is registered in the British Virgin Islands is because:

Confidentiality and Secrecy

Confidentiality is one of the main benefits of BVI Business Companies and an important reason to have an offshore company in the British Virgin Islands. The BVI International Business Companies Ordinance 1984 (as amended) contains extended privileges and strict confidentiality requirements for the companies.

The key features of BVI companies providing for complete confidentiality are:

- Register of Members, Register of Directors and all Minutes and Resolutions by the Company are kept only with the Registered Agent under confidential due diligence and do not appear on the public record.

- The shareholder information (Registrar of Shareholders) must be kept on file with the Registered Agent, where it is confidential and accessible only by the members of the company.

-
Details of the company beneficial owners, directors and shareholders are not publicly available

For all we know Portpin could be owned by Santa Claus.

My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek, but nevertheless I'll bite. The reason Portpin is registered in the British Virgin Islands is because:

Confidentiality is one of the main benefits of BVI Business Companies and an important reason to have an offshore company in the British Virgin Islands. The BVI International Business Companies Ordinance 1984 (as amended) contains extended privileges and strict confidentiality requirements for the companies.

- Register of Members, Register of Directors and all Minutes and Resolutions by the Company are kept only with the Registered Agent under confidential due diligence and do not appear on the public record.

- The shareholder information (Registrar of Shareholders) must be kept on file with the Registered Agent, where it is confidential and accessible only by the members of the company.

-
Details of the company beneficial owners, directors and shareholders are not publicly available

Or gaydamak ;)

read my post again. I don't comment on what Lawrence's spouts, I refer only to Cloterril's comment.

I don't know where to start, because if he is saying he'll be OK (he'll keep his best players) because the skates pay top dollar, then how/why are they paying top dollar? There are so many other interpretations that can be made here, many of which make the Clot look like an ass.

Chez, my post wasn't aimed at you, just that yours happened to be the last in a long list quoting Lawrence's comments. I'm no fan of Cotterill either but I think he was trying to say that promoted teams often do OK for a couple of years but then see their best players picked off by bigger clubs which weakens the team and they get relegated leaving them with players they can't afford. But you're right, several interpretations could be applied

-

I wasn't looking for a "bite" just pointing out that Andronokou let slip that Chainrai owned Falcondrone which was supposed to be owned by Al Faraj. That means he lent money to himself and defaulted himself to get the club for nothing - yet no-one in the media seems to have picked up on that.

I'm no fan of Cotterill

just pointing out that Andronokou let slip that Chainrai owned Falcondrone which was supposed to be owned by Al Faraj. That means he lent money to himself and defaulted himself to get the club for nothing - yet no-one in the media seems to have picked up on that.

Do you like any aspect of your club ata ll anymore? There cant be much left to embrace. Even Limpitt is starting to lie to the fans, for example telling them the charities had been paid.

Interesting information regarding the BVI companies. I knew they were secretive but that is insane, and supports the theory that Ali Al Faraj never existed, it also supports the theory that Chinny didnt pay for the club, but is taking £17m + 24% interest out of it!

Them gun runners really have done a number on you boys! I reckon they cooked this idea up (gun runners sasha + daddy, with loan sharks chinny + kushniar) over a nice dinner and a few drinks...

Corp, if I were you I would watch out for the Russian mafia, as it seems every single owner you have had this decade has screwed you over.

I wasn't looking for a "bite" just pointing out that Andronokou let slip that Chainrai owned Falcondrone which was supposed to be owned by Al Faraj. That means he lent money to himself and defaulted himself to get the club for nothing - yet no-one in the media seems to have picked up on that.

Surley though this is somethign that you should keep on at?Is there not a journalist you can get to look into this (wha about the fella at the bbc, Matt whats-his-name)... has anyoen attempted to do anythign with this information at all? We all take the **** on here, but Chinny is coming accross as a grade a ****....