Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They did and Bournemouth said show us the money! couple of chancers,the only hope for the skates is that they have a dirty 50 million and are happy to turn it into a "clean" 20 million

I heard the same from someone at Bournemouth. Mitchell wouldn't sell because they didn't have a pot to pee in.

To be fair, it's happened at SMS before. Can't remember what game it was, (before Utd at home when non ST holders had to buy a ticket for a home league game to get a cup game ticket) and ST holders in the Northam were waving their ticket books and singing "you're only here for united".

Just saying

what have we learned today?

...they think they bought a club that is 'clean, with no debt and no tax issues'!!

This was the golden opportunity for the interviewers to ask about CVA, football debts, small creditors - only the BBC probed a little.

And they don't want to talk about their Bournemouth bid.

Fratton Park? - fantastic atmosphere, fantastic supporters.

Apparently.

Cotterill agreed to the budget before they started the season....he and Lampitt are responsible for the running of the club.

Loads about the academy plan, it just sounds like the standard already well established by everyone else.

They have a plan for the land that they are confident they can buy, they just don't seem sure what that plan is yet.

Commercial side relies on having more space, they are at Fratton for 3/4/5 years....

They want to work with the community - perhaps paying them might be a nice start?

They weren't asked about any of the important stuff.

Not a lot there really, surprised the interview took three months to plan, it was the sort of thing Al Fahim came up with off the top of his head while selling Cornettos in Frogmore Road.

And as a note, I see from the picture in the News they obviously invited Dave Richards from Prodrive down to a game.

DR has been a key man in world rallying hence the connection, he's loaded and is used to the finer things in life - having been invited as guest of the owner he must have been horrified at the state of the ground.

Are they perhaps trying to drag investment in from motorsport contacts?

Pity, HMS Ecclestone has sailed.

I'm off on my travels for a week so feel free to prod the few on my behalf - would like to say I'm just going to Butlins but me and Phil have a series of prestigious launch event parties on glamorous yachts with supermodels and a few 'A listers' from the golfing world.;)

So if you are near Bognor do call in.

Who on this board have you been talking to then?:-)

There is a saying in Football that to make a small fortune you first start with a Big one,think about this Sacha Gaydamark uses Daddys money to buy Pompski he says it is because he (Sasha) is a lifelong Skate lover (PMSL), ever since then the ownership has been passed around around like a spliff at a freshers party, I have to be careful how I word this but do you not think it strange that the Gaydamarks Chanrai and these two chancers have all at sometime had Tax/ financial issues with goverments around the World,do you not think it strange that Peter Storrie a vastly experienced football finance man arrived around the time the Gaydamarks did ?,do you not find it strange that David Lampitt left a top FA compliance admin job to to replace Peter Storrie?,do you not find it strange that A Androniku the administrator has also had his integrity and honesty questioned.You really could not make it up.

According to the first post on Fartton Faithful, that's a crowd of 600....

.... bless, the locals just aren't good at numbers!! :lol:

The other 400 couldn't bear to watch and left after five minutes to see the sights of Hull. They were back before half time though.

I think they were mis-quoted by the BBC:

When we decided to buy a football club we started our research around the south of England," Anotnov said. "We started from League Two, then League One, and then we found Portsmouth.

Lets fix it:

"When we decided to buy a football club we started our research around the south of England," Anotnov said. "We started from League One, then League Two, and then we found Portsmouth."

There. that's better.

"In the past six-or-seven years around half-a-billion pounds was moving around

the club............ we can promise is that that will not happen with us."

Now this I wholeheartedly believe!

:)

For those who wondered why they bought the club, this may (in a very subtle way!) provide a clue ???

:):):)

Sacha Gaydamark uses Daddys money to buy Pompski he says it is because he (Sasha) is a lifelong Skate lover (PMSL

Presumably you can find a well used quote to support this claim because I don't ever remember him saying that. Did he really say that or have you just made it up?

Oh good, I am so relieved. I am so happy that Corpy has been proven to be right

Proved right about what Philly? You're the one who said they were going to use the EIB loan to fund Pompey. I even posted a quote from you saying they owned SAAB. You made yourself look a complete cock with that quote (even more than usual I might add). Would you like me to post a link to it again so we can all see what a real ITK'er you are? ROTFPMSL. How about their annual budget that never changes, any reply to that one yet? ROTFPMSL again.

Let's face it scumlettes, whatever they said you'd have been cracking one out over your keyboards putting your own unique spin on it. However, seeing as all you talked about when they came in was that they'd bought Pompey to launder money, is that still what you think, or has that angle been conveniently forgotten on here now?

I actually thought they came across as OK. They didn't promise a new stadium in 5 minutes, said what their priority areas were (and it's hard to disagree with them on those) and were upfront that they weren't going to pump millions in on players (although they've spent a fair amount so far). Nothing really to complain about from what was said. Actions speak louder than words though and Pompey fans have seen too many false dawns to be fooled easily but if they're true to their words I'll be happy enough.

No trolling on the earlier post either, genuine replies to a couple of inane comments

I actually thought they came across as OK. They didn't promise a new stadium in 5 minutes, said what their priority areas were (and it's hard to disagree with them on those) and were upfront that they weren't going to pump millions in on players (although they've spent a fair amount so far). Nothing really to complain about from what was said. Actions speak louder than words though and Pompey fans have seen too many false dawns to be fooled easily but if they're true to their words I'll be happy enough.

No trolling on the earlier post either, genuine replies to a couple of inane comments

No, they promised an arena, but already, this has been downgraded to a 'stadium'. What have you actually had, apart from spending money on players, as opposed to settling your debts, new toilets! You really are blind, if you think this is your new dawn, they are no better that what you had before, as eurosaint points out.....

"In the past six-or-seven years around half-a-billion pounds was moving around the club

You are what you are, a vehicle for washing money.

Let's face it scumlettes, whatever they said you'd have been cracking one out over your keyboards putting your own unique spin on it. However, seeing as all you talked about when they came in was that they'd bought Pompey to launder money, is that still what you think, or has that angle been conveniently forgotten on here now?

Ok I'll bite.

I'll agree with the first bit, most on here would look to find an angle or spin on what they actually said, which in reality wasn't very much.

Personally I haven't got a clue, what they are all about. What we do know is that our Financial regulators won't touch them with a barge pole and other countries regulators are or have been blocking them from providing investment into an ailing company. On top of that we hear stories of mafia involvement and failed assasination attempts. But let's assume the latter is chinese whispers and all we have is two russian businesmen who don't meet the criteria of some countries financial regulations.

Yesterday there was an acknowledgement of their attempt to buy Bournemouth and that they started looking in League two. Not so many weeks ago the same people dismissed out of hand they were ever interested in Bournemouth and even added they would never have looked down as far as League 1.

Yesterday on their Wave interview, they announce that portsmouth was the perfect club to buy as there was no debt and no outstanding issues with the tax man etc etc.

Really?????????????????????????? Did someone forget to mention the CVA, the forensic investigation into the accounts, the Insolvency commissions investigation and the ongoing court cases for tax evasion.

Then we can chuck in the little snippet from chinny, that he is only getting his money on the never never. So what have they bought and when do they actually own it?

But you are right corp, none of us know what their intentions are and everything on here since their takeover is guesswork. But from where I'm sat the pieces of the puzzle don't fit very well together at the moment and as owners you are most certainly welcome to them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14974664.stm

What a cracking interview! As others point out, they didnt actually say anything, make any concrete promises, or commit to anything!

I liked how Roman was reading from something behind the interviewer... probably printed sentences and soundbites in jumbo text for him to fall back on... ''were ares addicted to the pompey''...

Roman certainly looked very shifty, trying to force a fake smile to look less like a henchman from the Russian mafia. Vladimir didnt seem to give a s*it really...

despite them not saying anything at all of any substance, some nice caveats and admissions came out in the grand PR extravaganza...

the bit about half a billion pounds 'moving around' the club was fantastic, and a real insight into how these guys plan to operate.

the general language was a little concerneing too, they would have had to prepare their responses as they are not English by mother tongue, so to be using words such as 'territory', 'army', 'addicted', 'nonsense' and so on is a little concerning for the blu phew im sure.

the greatest admission was "we want to be a proper football club", it was nice of them to confirm that the club is not a proper football club, in fact it was nice of them to confirm that they are so far from being "proper", they dont even have "proper" toilets!

And why do they keep talking about there 'academy'? They dont have one surely? They cant possibly have the elite catagory status enjoyed by clubs such as Saints and Arsenal... maybe they just have a centre of excellence/youth team?

If they want to establish a "proper" academy, they will need a lot longer than five years! They will also have to contend with the reputations of Saints, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, Reading and so on. Brighton are also in the process of setting one up, with real money, and they already have new toilets at the new stadium.

I would suggest that the Russian mafia will need to 'source' around £150m from the EIB/Russian railways to make poopey a "proper football club", and thats just to standstill with the likes of Saints to the west, and Brighton to the east, and half a dozen London clubs to the north!

So, the "vision" for the "5 year plan" to become a proper club is as follows:

1) pop over the road to B&Q and buy some new toilets

2) Install new toilets, release official club statment 'new toilet territory at nottarf'

3) Hire local Boy-Scout group as the new 'academy', see if they can buy the lease for the scout hut to become the centre of excellence

4) Buy the tarmac around the arena

So basically all they are doing is fixing a couple of s*itters!

If Mr Ho HO could offer a convincing argument as to why these two wealthy Russians chose to purchase Pompey over the many other alternatives (big city clubs from Bristol or Sheffield for example!) then I would start to listen !

The fact is that no respectable bidders came forward to take on the CVA, the charity debts, the fraud charges, the sh#tty ground, etc, etc, etc.....

Surely eyebrows are raised by the fact that they are Russian (IMO the Gaydamak connection refuses to go away!) and have had some serious accusations laid at their door in the past !

I do understand why the Few are desperate for it to work out, but the owners stated reasons for buying the club are as paperthin as their squad !

They've seen them play a couple of times in a half empty relic of a stadium, win only once, and are now 'addicted', doesn't really take much does it, eh ??

Personally I am happy that these guys, along with Clotterill and Lumpit are at the helm of the ship, it just means that this thread will continue ad infinitum !!!

So having down graded from an 'arena' to a stadium wonder when they will down grade the 'Blue Army' to a platoon!!!!!

Simple really, once the stadium is downgraded to a bowl, the platoon becomes a spitoon and we all spit in the bowl... :)

Yep, they were surprised at the condition of the toilets. You would have thought they'd have checked them out before buying, but at least they said that they are going to address that appalling problem.

It is a 5 year plan, so maybe they'll replace one bog per year.

Assuming enough money is available, of course.

No, they promised an arena, but already, this has been downgraded to a 'stadium'. What have you actually had, apart from spending money on players, as opposed to settling your debts, new toilets! You really are blind, if you think this is your new dawn, they are no better that what you had before, as eurosaint points out.....

"In the past six-or-seven years around half-a-billion pounds was moving around the club

You are what you are, a vehicle for washing money.

3 points.

1. I said in my post that they didn't promise us a new stadium so not sure where you've got this from? Not sure why everyone on here finds their original use of arena so funny when it was clearly just a mistranslation on their part (arena being a common word for football stadium in europe)

2. I didn't say it was a new dawn either so not sure where you've got this from either

3. If they wanted a club to launder money, why buy Pompey? Every transaction has to be approved by the FL, nothing can be done without their say so. The owners are actually limited to what they can do with the clubs (even as far as how much they can spend) by the terms of the CVA. Does that sound like the sort of club you'd buy if you wanted to launder money?

Fourth point - you seem to be a moron

Ithe bit about half a billion pounds 'moving around' the club was fantastic, and a real insight into how these guys plan to operate./QUOTE]

What insight was that then? Could you explain it? I thought they were talking about how much PL money and transfer cash had been through the club in the past. Or did you think they were talking about their plans for the future.

If Mr Ho HO could offer a convincing argument as to why these two wealthy Russians chose to purchase Pompey over the many other alternatives (big city clubs from Bristol or Sheffield for example!) then I would start to listen !

Surely eyebrows are raised by the fact that they are Russian (IMO the Gaydamak connection refuses to go away!) and have had some serious accusations laid at their door in the past !

I do understand why the Few are desperate for it to work out, but the owners stated reasons for buying the club are as paperthin as their squad !

They've seen them play a couple of times in a half empty relic of a stadium, win only once, and are now 'addicted', doesn't really take much does it, eh ??

Well, the Sheffield clubs are in a right state and both need new stadiums just like PFC. Like Bristol, they're two club cities meaning a split supporter base and both have problems of their own. Bristol City is, as far as I'm aware, not for sale and Rovers are in the lower leagues with no history attached to them. I see no reason (as I've said many times before) why anyone who wanted to launder money would buy Pompey when we're so closely monitored by the authorities. If anyone could explain to me a logical reason why they would I'll listen but no-one has so far. As for reasons why they'd buy us, I've said before that I think they just wanted a club to add to their sports portfolio. they may have said yesterday they've become "addicted" but then you lot seem to happily believe that Liebherr had somehow become a massive Saints fan in about 6 months and swallowed theat line. What do you expect owners to say? The CVA is in place so they know how the finances are stacked so they've bought a club that's relatively high profile (two cup finals in the last few years) that they can add to a sports portfolio. Can't see them investing massively but that's OK, I'm just pleased to have a club to support.

3. If they wanted a club to launder money, why buy Pompey? Every transaction has to be approved by the FL, nothing can be done without their say so. The owners are actually limited to what they can do with the clubs (even as far as how much they can spend) by the terms of the CVA. Does that sound like the sort of club you'd buy if you wanted to launder money?

Not every club has got the former head of FA integrity as their managing director ;)

It's only a matter of time....

monkey_chicken_zoo.jpg

I must admit to having a little chortle.

So we have Marcus & NC rocking up to save the day and create the new Barcelona.

We had How to buy a football club on telly and someone goes to Thailand to hear Bryan Robson talk about the Academy.

And then the Russkies turn up on TV and say that they are in it for The Academy.

Anybody spot anything randomly nay possibly even obscurely connecting those concepts?

Seems to me that there must be some incredibly intelligent Marketing Guru out there in the world typing Business Plans for people what a fine and visionary chap (or chapess) he (or she) must be.

Now, if only we had some whacky link to give us a clue to where that could possibly have all started from, randomly of course.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Russkies found a business plan lying around on a beach somewhere and unlike some others, (or not possibly) having shafted a few (well placed and RESPECTED) advisors along the way were now sitting around making the statements and (thanks to the language barrier) wondering what they were actually saying.

I tell ya, I'd find it funny.

Now, where was that Bompey Interview?

!

If Mr Ho HO could offer a convincing argument as to why these two wealthy Russians chose to purchase Pompey over the many other alternatives (big city clubs from Bristol or Sheffield for example!) then I would start to listen

Maybe, just possibly they did? After all poopey wasn't exactly their first choice was it? (By their own admission of course)

3 points.

1. I said in my post that they didn't promise us a new stadium so not sure where you've got this from? Not sure why everyone on here finds their original use of arena so funny when it was clearly just a mistranslation on their part (arena being a common word for football stadium in europe)

2. I didn't say it was a new dawn either so not sure where you've got this from either

Fourth point - you seem to be a moron

Ithe bit about half a billion pounds 'moving around' the club was fantastic, and a real insight into how these guys plan to operate./QUOTE]

What insight was that then? Could you explain it? I thought they were talking about how much PL money and transfer cash had been through the club in the past. Or did you think they were talking about their plans for the future.

Well, the Sheffield clubs are in a right state and both need new stadiums just like PFC. Like Bristol, they're two club cities meaning a split supporter base and both have problems of their own. Bristol City is, as far as I'm aware, not for sale and Rovers are in the lower leagues with no history attached to them. I see no reason (as I've said many times before) why anyone who wanted to launder money would buy Pompey when we're so closely monitored by the authorities. If anyone could explain to me a logical reason why they would I'll listen but no-one has so far. As for reasons why they'd buy us, I've said before that I think they just wanted a club to add to their sports portfolio. they may have said yesterday they've become "addicted" but then you lot seem to happily believe that Liebherr had somehow become a massive Saints fan in about 6 months and swallowed theat line. What do you expect owners to say? The CVA is in place so they know how the finances are stacked so they've bought a club that's relatively high profile (two cup finals in the last few years) that they can add to a sports portfolio. Can't see them investing massively but that's OK, I'm just pleased to have a club to support.

I don't know(or care really) if sheff utd are planning a new stadium, but Bramall lane is pretty much for for purpose up to and including PL level. As is Hillsborough.

Actually, so is farton, given attendances at the wrong end of the M27, come to think about it.

Oh, and as for split support base, well that is cleary true in Sheffield, but both teams are still better supported than most in the country.

You just do not get it do you Kipper Kid,cast your mind back to the picture of Mandaric And Storrie holding a pick and a shovel boasting that the first demolition was about to begin guess what! it never happened.It really is not about PFC its about corruption and fraud on an industrial scale pardon the pun.What I find so hard to understand is that there are so many retards in Kipperland willing to part with their hard earned cash on the rubbish that Cotteril and the Chuckle Brothers send out on a Saturday, but then again the local newsagent was owed 2k by Peter Storrie,one born every minute Corps. Anyway watch this space it is just the begining.

Quote from Skate Snooze -

He (Cotterill) said: ‘We seem to be getting punished for every wrongdoing at the moment'.

They just don't get it do they. So many years of cheating has rotted what little moral core they ever had, and all tey do is feel sorry for themselves & feel picked on when they are caught out. It runs right through the club from top to bottom.

Originally Posted by Corporate Ho

You really are a webbed fingered muppett!