Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Panorama are to go out with a programme shortly about corruption in football. Bad news for 3 current Premiership managers apparently.

Which, like pretty much every other documentary on the subject, will probably say very little because the lawyers will make sure anything interesting is left on the cutting room floor.

If you want a quick summary Rally, they're still in the bottom half of the table, Cotterill's still the boss and they've still got the worst disciplinary record in the league.

Oh, and there's still a gag order on the interesting things.

In fairness, they did actually avoid getting any red cards in their latest match. Although apparently that was not so much a change of character, but more a case of a blind referee missing a blatant elbow in the face by one of their players. The sight impaired referee also missed a blatant hand-ball penalty by another of their players.

Strangely, Stevie-boy wasn't complaining about the ref's performance afterwards.

Ok, £10m to come. Except it's likely that if laundering is taking place then that figure will be paid in roubles and the stinking carcase of pfc will not benefit from it. It might be used, conversely, to get a season in the PL and then four more years of parachute payments. Repeat 'ad infinitum' something which although good business for the Russians might not please the phew? One season in five in the PL, just to regain more parachute payments would certainly please this fella!

Well, I suspect that was Chinny's plan at the beginning of last season. When that failed miserably, and he knew that it wouldn't be feasible in a skate's lifetime, he went to plan B: sell the rotten carcass to some none-too-bright chancers.

Panorama tonight is about Syria. Are you sure it's not another channel?

Apologies BTF, when I said "going out shortly" what I meant and should have said was "sometime over the next few weeks".

Which, like pretty much every other documentary on the subject, will probably say very little because the lawyers will make sure anything interesting is left on the cutting room floor.

Unforunately, this is the likely to be the more accurate bit.

Your "one season in five" scenario is really likely isn't it? So, we'd get promoted one year, then come down again so CSI could spend the parachute payments fr four years but then time a promotional push exactly for the following season? PMSL

As for the thoughts of the one Pompey fan you quoted, does this mean he speaks for everyone? If so all Saints fans on here believe that the twin towers were brought down by a US government plot. They must do because one of your posters started a thread on it. What a dumb ****ing argument.

You absolute bunch of ****ing morons. Imagine what anyone sane reading that idea would make of it.

My one season in five scenario, like a lot of your utterances, came straight from the top of my head. It is as much a likelihood as any other considering your club (and it's various agents, administrators etc) actions of the last 14 years.

As to the one fan I quoted I mentioned that he would be happy with anything, anything, which would bring glory to the club. That obviously includes legal, above board moves, as well as shafting local businesses and charities.

Here's to another day of fun. Let's see if you could go a whole week without referring to us Scummers as effing morons while you batter your keyboard in anger.

PMSL

What a dumb ****ing argument.

Yes, exactly. Err, WTF are you on about?

You absolute bunch of ****ing morons. Imagine what anyone sane reading that idea would make of it.

Did you ever contact

Dubov_Roman.jpg

3045d1294936326-antonov_435-jpg

SW-629.jpg

Whats up Corporate, you seem a little edgy, you seem rattled?

a cute little letter from Limpitt thanking the best supporters in the land for the massive bumper attendence on saturday:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Lampitt-Hails-Blues-Fans-2605.aspx

bless, they even deduct the 700 hull fans in the process... 14k home support, massive club, massive...

the most amusing part is the statement that this is the biggest crowd they have mustered up this season, and more than they achieved up to this point last year!

I thought you were on target for 16k ST holders Corporate?

To the tune of "Whole world in their hands"..

They've got ten thousand empty seats

Pompey is a massive club - are they f*ck

They've got 5 pound for adults and the kids go free

They've got Fred Dineage, celebrity fan

To the tune of "Whole world in their hands"..

Thats 5 mins of your life wasted. ;)

Whats up Corporate, you seem a little edgy, you seem rattled?

a cute little letter from Limpitt thanking the best supporters in the land for the massive bumper attendence on saturday:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Lampitt-Hails-Blues-Fans-2605.aspx

bless, they even deduct the 700 hull fans in the process... 14k home support, massive club, massive...

the most amusing part is the statement that this is the biggest crowd they have mustered up this season, and more than they achieved up to this point last year!

I thought you were on target for 16k ST holders Corporate?

Poor holepuncture, always thinks he's being so clever and yet again posts something that's got mistakes in it.

1. We didn't play Hull on Saturday, we played Blackpool. And whilst the crowd wasn't massive it's more than we got against Reading and Cardiff when they brought sizeable followings. That means our gates are increasing. You're top of the league and your gates are getting smaller.

2. The 16K season ticket thing was for two seasons ago. And that was based on Fahim's takeover seeing a decent spend on new players. You're really behind the times aren't you?

My point about ****ing morons was based on the poster who believed that every governing body in world footbll was involved in a cover up of criminal dealings at PFC involving Lampitt & CSI bribing people to allow a money laundering operation to be run. Would anyone not describe someone posting stuff like that a ****ing moron - or anyone who thought it had some merit?

Anyway, maybe next time Holepuncture posts something he might manage a whole post with no errors in it. PMSL

Poor holepuncture, always thinks he's being so clever and yet again posts something that's got mistakes in it.

Anyway, maybe next time Holepuncture posts something he might manage a whole post with no errors in it. PMSL

Perhaps you should take a leaf out of your own book!! The whole of your postings are one big error.

12,102... Pathetic

You really are priceless aren't you. If you ever tried to p*** yourself laughing you would end up drowning!!

It will be because it was a Tuesday night, the weather, Peterboro did not bring many, Manure were on telly or ..........................................................is it just they have pathetic support.

Out of interest' date=' how long do you give Cotterrill ?[/quote']

IN fairness mack rill replied :

should of been gone three weeks ago, He has managed to get a descent looking 1st eleven to play like headless chickens,Don't ask me how that pathetic effort against Blackpool gleaned three points,,,,(slip that manila envelope under the away door):blush:

Freudian slip.

"The Best Fans in the World TM" are starting to revolt, oh dear. Some choice words from their own.

Think its time to get our point across.

COTTERILL OUT on a banner, ideally I'd like to of displayed it at Leeds on Saturday but I'm not paying £36 for that, thinking outside the training ground for Thursday morning as players will be off tommorow.

I don't care if its not good for the players morale or whatever, Cotterills tactics aren't good for this club.

What are peoples views on the above?

Our celebrity clown fan accused me of not being a proper supporter and of knowing nothing about football when I countered his pro Cotterill chants with some Cotterill out comments, walking away from the ground tonight. It was just a bit of banter but, rightly or wrongly, lots of supporters swear blind allegiance to anyone who remains our manager

Tonight's attendance was a meagre 12,102 - that's nearly 2,000 less than what is needed to maintain the CVA payments. If the owners are as keen for us to develop as they suggest then they might want to look to see how much financial trouble we are going to be in if they keep this carrot munching burke on as manager for much longer.

Thing is you can take at least 500 or so off that figure as they only paid £9.50 each to get in. And to think our next home game is Barnsley on a Saturday night on telly.

good luck getting 10k plus for that one. They need to get some deals done for that one.

Oh dear, what a shame. Implosion.

And 12K on the gate at £9.50 a ticket, by their own admission. Truly, massive time :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by The Kraken

12,000 +

We be getting double that on Saturday!

As laughable as that is (and it's thoroughly laughable), the more worring thing is the quote I printed above from a Portsmouth fan. I'll repeat it:

Tonight's attendance was a meagre 12,102 - that's nearly 2,000 less than what is needed to maintain the CVA payments

By a Pompey fan's own admission, if these pathetic attendances continue, that lot could soon be heading for another financial sh*t-storm. That must be wrong though, Corp says it's all in hand, it can't be correct. Can it?

Edited by The Kraken

By a Pompey fan's own admission, if these pathetic attendances continue, that lot could soon be heading for another financial sh*t-storm. That must be wrong though, Corp says it's all in hand, it can't be correct. Can it?

Not sure how they can say that with such certainty!

As the Corpse keeps pointing out, no-one actually knows how much TBH and the other clowns are earning. How much they paid in bungs, er sorry, transfer fees, nor even how much the PL gave them up front from the parachute payments just to stop them trading illegally!

How they have managed to work out how many people need to attend a match for the club to break even, when the financials are surrounded in such fogginess is beyond me....

They may need 14k to turn up to break even, they may need 20k! Who knows really, but I'm sure time will tell ;)

!2K gate when tickets are under a tenner is shocking.

Actually, I think it is brilliant.

On that basis seeing as we're taking 2,000 (plus on the gate sales) up to Wales tonight that's about 1/5th of their entire home attendance.

It simply shows how marvellous their whole set up is and how their fans are so motivated.

It finally gives a new definition to the few.

Plastics, the whole damned lot of them

2. The 16K season ticket thing was for two seasons ago. And that was based on Fahim's takeover seeing a decent spend on new players. You're really behind the times aren't you?

My point about ****ing morons was based on the poster who believed that every governing body in world footbll was involved in a cover up of criminal dealings at PFC involving Lampitt & CSI bribing people to allow a money laundering operation to be run. Would anyone not describe someone posting stuff like that a ****ing moron - or anyone who thought it had some merit?

And how many s/t 's did you sell that season?

It is quite plausible IMO that many of the worlds football associations desperately did not wish for Pompeys dirty washing to be laundered (poor wording lol) in public. All those foreign players coming in large amounts of money moving around and 130m debt (even your own fans can't see where the money went). Who knows where corruption spreads to, afterall who believes FIFA at the top is clean?

How they have managed to work out how many people need to attend a match for the club to break even, when the financials are surrounded in such fogginess is beyond me....

They may need 14k to turn up to break even, they may need 20k! Who knows really, but I'm sure time will tell ;)

It was one of the assumptions made by Andronikou in a cash flow projection in one of his published reports. So it must be true.

What do the other Pompey fans think of Corp?

He seems to (usually wrongly) attack one person's point on here and suggest in his response ('you ****ing morons') that said person spoke for all of us. It's a common sign of stupidity to be fair.

Still, other Pompey fans should be buoyed by the fact that I don't assume Corp speaks for all of you, or that you're ALL that daft.

I'm glad you agree with me on that score because many posters on here (Crabby and eastleigh Dole bOy among them) seem to use one quote taken from a Pompey messageboard and post it to show how all Pompey fans feel. It's ridiculous and something I keep saying (seemingly to no avail). the "****ing morons" comment was aimed at your many fans who believe there's a global cabal of football governing bodies taking bungs to allow CSI and Lampitt to launder money through the club. Would you not describe someone who believed that as a "****ing moron"? I struggle to find something more apt.

"And 12K on the gate at £9.50 a ticket, by their own admission.

Poor crowd last night admittedly but read the quote properly. Only 500 tickets were at £9.50, not all of them. Everything else was full price.

I'm not saying it's "in hand". I said that the CVA says we need to average crowds of 14K to service it. You lot said we wouldn't get that last season but we did and we're pretty much doing it again this season. I think CSI will have to act on Cotterill though or the crowds will start to fall - Cotterball's not popular.

And how many s/t 's did you sell that season?

It is quite plausible IMO that many of the worlds football associations desperately did not wish for Pompeys dirty washing to be laundered (poor wording lol) in public. All those foreign players coming in large amounts of money moving around and 130m debt (even your own fans can't see where the money went). Who knows where corruption spreads to, afterall who believes FIFA at the top is clean?

Nick Nack, no-one believes FIFA is clean but you're suggesting full on collusion between the PL, FA and FL not to mention UEFA and FIFA. Leavinga side the fact that the PL and the FL/ FA hate each other and would do anything to stitch each other up none of them would care if we were caught money laundering. In fact they'd probably be pleased as they could demonstrate how strictly they'd punish a team caught doing it. If they were going to cover up for a team it would be one of the big boys, not Pompey.

On the subject of your season tickets, we sold about 11- 12K that season if my memories correct

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})