Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

3 points.

1. I said in my post that they didn't promise us a new stadium so not sure where you've got this from? Not sure why everyone on here finds their original use of arena so funny when it was clearly just a mistranslation on their part (arena being a common word for football stadium in europe)

2. I didn't say it was a new dawn either so not sure where you've got this from either

3. If they wanted a club to launder money, why buy Pompey? Every transaction has to be approved by the FL, nothing can be done without their say so. The owners are actually limited to what they can do with the clubs (even as far as how much they can spend) by the terms of the CVA. Does that sound like the sort of club you'd buy if you wanted to launder money?

Fourth point - you seem to be a moron

Ithe bit about half a billion pounds 'moving around' the club was fantastic, and a real insight into how these guys plan to operate./QUOTE]

What insight was that then? Could you explain it? I thought they were talking about how much PL money and transfer cash had been through the club in the past. Or did you think they were talking about their plans for the future.

Well, the Sheffield clubs are in a right state and both need new stadiums just like PFC. Like Bristol, they're two club cities meaning a split supporter base and both have problems of their own. Bristol City is, as far as I'm aware, not for sale and Rovers are in the lower leagues with no history attached to them. I see no reason (as I've said many times before) why anyone who wanted to launder money would buy Pompey when we're so closely monitored by the authorities. If anyone could explain to me a logical reason why they would I'll listen but no-one has so far. As for reasons why they'd buy us, I've said before that I think they just wanted a club to add to their sports portfolio. they may have said yesterday they've become "addicted" but then you lot seem to happily believe that Liebherr had somehow become a massive Saints fan in about 6 months and swallowed theat line. What do you expect owners to say? The CVA is in place so they know how the finances are stacked so they've bought a club that's relatively high profile (two cup finals in the last few years) that they can add to a sports portfolio. Can't see them investing massively but that's OK, I'm just pleased to have a club to support.

So they bought the club with the CVA, the charity debts, the sh#tty ground, etc, etc....

That is exactly my point - if you genuinely want involvement in English football, fine, but why take the club with the most complicated/dodgy scenario in the country !

(I only mentioned Sheffield and Bristol because they are big cities, but clubs like Reading and Wigan are for sale as are plenty of other better buys!)

The suspicion that there could be a connection to former owners lingers like a bad smell (probably similar to the one down Farton way I would guess!).

Well, the Sheffield clubs are in a right state and both need new stadiums just like PFC. Like Bristol, they're two club cities meaning a split supporter base and both have problems of their own. Bristol City is, as far as I'm aware, not for sale and Rovers are in the lower leagues with no history attached to them. I see no reason (as I've said many times before) why anyone who wanted to launder money would buy Pompey when we're so closely monitored by the authorities. If anyone could explain to me a logical reason why they would I'll listen but no-one has so far. As for reasons why they'd buy us, I've said before that I think they just wanted a club to add to their sports portfolio. they may have said yesterday they've become "addicted" but then you lot seem to happily believe that Liebherr had somehow become a massive Saints fan in about 6 months and swallowed theat line. What do you expect owners to say? The CVA is in place so they know how the finances are stacked so they've bought a club that's relatively high profile (first PL club to to go into admin) that they can add to a sports portfolio. Can't see them investing massively but that's OK, I'm just pleased to have a club to support.

Both Sheffield clubs do NOT need new grounds. Both clubs, until England lost the WC bid, had plans to extend their grounds to over 40,000 (somethiing you lot could only dream about). Those plans are on hold, certainly at Sheff U, until if/when they regain their PL place. They are both in League One and both have a better average attendance than the Blue Few so the split supporter base does not hold water. Don't come back with the excuse that the attendance is down to performance, Sheff Weds were near the bottom of League One until recently and STILL got bigger attendences than those at FP.

Bristol City's average attendence is only just smaller than the Blue Few so goes to show the clubs are of a similar size. As for Rovers, they may well be in League Two but Pinky and Perky have said they looked in the lower leagues for a club and it is public knowledge that Bournemouth turned them away.

So would still love to know why Pinky and Perky chose Pompey? Certainly not for the infrastructure, certainly not for the playing staff assests, certainly not for the fanbase. If it was just to add to their portfolio as you claim then there are/were certainly far better opportunitites out there.

OK girls, couple of questions for you.

1. Do CSI have money or are they "potless". I'm confused as to the general consensus on here as both possibilities have been voiced (quite often by the same poster)

2. If you believe they wanted a club to launder money through can someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me why they'd choose Pompey when it's under such close scrutiny by the football authorities and any expenditure has to be approved by the FL, the parachute payments are ringfenced by the PL and what they can actually spend (including on players) is controlled by the conditions of the CVA (and again has to be approvedby the FL - and don't talk about CVA payments being pushed back as that was approved by the FL too). Just one coherent answer as to why they'd choose Pompey as a money laundering vehicle, when they could have chosen plenty of other clubs without that focus and restrictions on it will do.

You bunch of ****ing one track minded blinkered retards

2. If you believe they wanted a club to launder money through can someone please, please, PLEASE explain to me why they'd choose Pompey when it's under such close scrutiny by the football authorities and any expenditure has to be approved by the FL, the parachute payments are ringfenced by the PL and what they can actually spend (including on players) is controlled by the conditions of the CVA (and again has to be approvedby the FL - and don't talk about CVA payments being pushed back as that was approved by the FL too). Just one coherent answer as to why they'd choose Pompey as a money laundering vehicle, when they could have chosen plenty of other clubs without that focus and restrictions on it will do.

Because countless crooks before have done it and got away with it down there?

Dirty cheating ****s

Now, where was that Bompey Interview?

?type=display

Speaking to Meridian Tonight, Marc Jackson was asked what his background is and who was behind his consortium.

He told the programme...

'I was trained by Xerox, many many many years ago. I'm a business strategist, many people say I'm a photocopying salesman, which I always find quite amusing.'

'I actually have been in the past,been heavily involved in the fitting out of Southampton football club stadium. Obviously I have an IT background, sales background, but also I have had involvement at Southampton Academy and scouting for many, many years.'

'To give you an instance I was involved in the scouting of Adam Lallana from Bournemouth sadly, to Southampton.'

'I have many, many contacts in football, I have many contacts abroad as well, in American MLS football as well as in Dubai.'

'So it's a mixture of many many things, all put together with a vision for a football club and we are going to drop the blueprint into here, but all will be revealed.'

When asked if it was his money he was investing in AFC Bournemouth, Jackson smiled and said...

'It is a consortium'

When pushed on who is in the consortium, he added...

'That is, something that really and honestly will never be answered properly and completely, but the truth of the matter is, there will be answers to that to an extent in tomorrow's (Thursday) press conference.'

event?eventtype=emptywidget&pid=1013&wid=7815&externalId=105852&aid=&reason=BELOW_THRESHOLD&random=1316623124788

?type=display

Speaking to Meridian Tonight, Marc Jackson was asked what his background is and who was behind his consortium.

He told the programme...

'I was trained by Xerox, many many many years ago. I'm a business strategist, many people say I'm a photocopying salesman, which I always find quite amusing.'

'I actually have been in the past,been heavily involved in the fitting out of Southampton football club stadium. Obviously I have an IT background, sales background, but also I have had involvement at Southampton Academy and scouting for many, many years.'

'To give you an instance I was involved in the scouting of Adam Lallana from Bournemouth sadly, to Southampton.'

'I have many, many contacts in football, I have many contacts abroad as well, in American MLS football as well as in Dubai.'

'So it's a mixture of many many things, all put together with a vision for a football club and we are going to drop the blueprint into here, but all will be revealed.'

When asked if it was his money he was investing in AFC Bournemouth, Jackson smiled and said...

'It is a consortium'

When pushed on who is in the consortium, he added...

'That is, something that really and honestly will never be answered properly and completely, but the truth of the matter is, there will be answers to that to an extent in tomorrow's (Thursday) press conference.'

event?eventtype=emptywidget&pid=1013&wid=7815&externalId=105852&aid=&reason=BELOW_THRESHOLD&random=1316623124788

Brilliant:lol:

OK girls, couple of questions for you.

1. Do CSI have money or are they "potless". I'm confused as to the general consensus on here as both possibilities have been voiced (quite often by the same poster)

1. They don't seem to be willing to spend any money on the playing staff according to their tv interview.

1 (again). They don't seem to want to spend any money on the ground (apart from new bogs and bog paper)

1 (again). They want to buy the land from Gaydamak (I think we'll need to wait and see what happens with that)

1 (again). They seem to want to invest in the Academy (no details though so what does this exactly mean?)

The answer to question 1 seems to be 'if they have got cash they don't seem to be willing to spend it'.

2. I have no idea if they want to launder money. I have no idea why two Russians who seem to have issues with their other businesses decide to buy a NPC club with no facilities, a big wage bill, no obvious chance of promotion and a CVA to boot. Take off your blinkers for just a moment and ask yourself the question; why do you think they wanted to buy Pompey? What's in it for them? Please don't trot out that you're a sleeping giant, bestest fans in the world, they love the club etc etc. Like I said, take off your blinkers and try an honest answer. If it was my club, I'd be very suspicious.

I have no idea why two Russians who seem to have issues with their other businesses decide to buy a NPC club with no facilities, a big wage bill, no obvious chance of promotion and a CVA to boot. Take off your blinkers for just a moment and ask yourself the question; why do you think they wanted to buy Pompey? What's in it for them? Please don't trot out that you're a sleeping giant, bestest fans in the world, they love the club etc etc. Like I said, take off your blinkers and try an honest answer. If it was my club, I'd be very suspicious.

There is a very SIMPLE answer to that.

They WANTED to buy a football club.

They stated they tried others and were successful in getting poopey.

This gives everybody as much information as they will ever need in the "debate"

They bought the last packet of detergent on the Supermarket shelves. Nothing to do with the laundry, nothing to do with anything other than THEIR egos.

If I was a few I would be having sleepless nights simply over the fact that they weren't the "first choice" more than anything else. Budget? they have enough to bumble by this season, bt because they were last choice but they WANTED to run a club, that will determine many important decisions that get made - 140k to improve the krappers.

It was about their EGO not about a Vision.

They bought the last packet of detergent on the Supermarket shelves. Nothing to do with the laundry, nothing to do with anything other than THEIR egos.

If I was a few I would be having sleepless nights simply over the fact that they weren't the "first choice" more than anything else. Budget? they have enough to bumble by this season, bt because they were last choice but they WANTED to run a club, that will determine many important decisions that get made - 140k to improve the krappers.

Phil you must surely know that with the current Football debtors rule any shell of a Football Club is an open invitation to commit fraud,her majestys Tax collectors have even flagged this up.Even Bournemouth would not massage the egos of this pair.The vision is££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

1. They don't seem to be willing to spend any money on the playing staff according to their tv interview.

1 (again). They don't seem to want to spend any money on the ground (apart from new bogs and bog paper)

1 (again). They want to buy the land from Gaydamak (I think we'll need to wait and see what happens with that)

1 (again). They seem to want to invest in the Academy (no details though so what does this exactly mean?)

The answer to question 1 seems to be 'if they have got cash they don't seem to be willing to spend it'.

2. I have no idea if they want to launder money. I have no idea why two Russians who seem to have issues with their other businesses decide to buy a NPC club with no facilities, a big wage bill, no obvious chance of promotion and a CVA to boot. Take off your blinkers for just a moment and ask yourself the question; why do you think they wanted to buy Pompey? What's in it for them? Please don't trot out that you're a sleeping giant, bestest fans in the world, they love the club etc etc. Like I said, take off your blinkers and try an honest answer. If it was my club, I'd be very suspicious.

1. They said in their interview they didn't want to spend massively on the playing side, but they've spent over £4m since taking over which is, as people on here have pointed out, about the 3rd or 4th highest in the division. Gaydamak will sell the land eventually as it's no use to him and losing value every day. depends how serious CSI are about developing the ground. They might, they might not. And what exactly does "they want to invest in the academy" mean? I'd suggest it means that they plan to invest in the academy.

2. What other businesses do they have that have "issues"? None as far as I can see. Are you talking about SAAB, believing (like shifting sands Philly) that they own it? (which of course they don't). I wasn't aware they had "issues" at any of their other businesses but perhaps you can enlighten me. As for why they bought us, as I keep saying (over and over again) I think they wanted a football club to go with their portfolio of sporting businesses (Isle of Man TT, Powerplay Golf etc) and we were available at a reasonable price for a club our size. people on here keep banging on about "why didn't they buy Bristol City/ Reading/ Sheff Weds/ Utd" but Madejski wants £50m+ for Reading, Weds & Utd have their own problems and as far as I know Bristol City aren't for sale. What other clubs are for sale they should have bought instead of us.

I think they bought us because they wanted a football club within CSI and we were available. Simple as that

I think you're wrong Philly. You're right that they wanted a club but not for an ego thing, because it adds to the CSI sporting brand.

Not sure why we should be having "sleepless nights" becauase we weren't the first club they looked at. So they looked at other clubs - big deal. They wanted a football club because they run a portfolio of sporting businesses and a football club fits into their overall strategy.

I'm still waiting for any shred of proof that you know what their budget for PFC this year is too. Care to post a link?

1. Gaydamak will sell the land eventually as it's no use to him and losing value every day.

How is it losing value every day? Surely he can wait for it all go pair shaped at pompey and then sell at a profit to tesco's?

According to the article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243828/Do-men-control-Portsmouth-want-football-club-superstore.html most of the land is mortgaged to Barclay's (and one bit to Coutt's) so if he did sell he would have to use most/all of the money that he got from the sale to pay off the mortgages I assume? Question is what did he do with the money he got from taking out the mortgages and is that making him enough to cover the cost of supporting the mortgages? I assume he is getting some income from the land from rent and parking fee's etc.

Also the article notes that none of the land can be sold without the agreement of the bank so not only would they have to negotiate with Gaydamak but also get the bank to approve any sale.

Edited by pedg

Why did they want a football club (any club, not just Pompey)?

http://rumafia.com/material.php?id=220

''Vladmir Antonov was not much more successful in purchasing a European football club. His negotiations to purchase “Glasgow Rangers” or "Bournemouth" ended in failure, after that he suddenly expressed interest in Russian football market. In 2010 he announced his intent to purchase Moscow Region “Saturn”. This was not a random choice. This club was on the edge of bankruptcy and owed 800 million rubles to MOITK. The amount of the debt became the purchase price for the club. The Antonovs, Yampolsky and STB were well familiar how to work with this entity, since they have been feeding on it for a long time.

STB still owes 800 million rubles to MOITK. Antonov chose to play on this fact. He knows that this debt will be paid out of Central Bank budget, so you can just add couple hundred millions and get “Saturn” from MOITK. “Saturn” itself cannot pay a penny. However, Antonov’s plans did not find any support among his partners – Russian Railways already owns football club “Locomotiv”. As a result, “Saturn” has ceased to exist, and the masterminds of the grand scam decided to focus their efforts on the purchase of English “Portsmouth''

I think they bought us because they wanted a football club within CSI and we were available.

Simple as that

You know, I think that you are probably correct in the fact that they just wanted an English football league club, ANY club, and most likely the cheaper the better. And you were more than available, Cinny was desperate to offload you; so much so that he was even willing to take his money on the never-never, which we all know is a VERY dangerous thing to do with those serial defaulters.

So, having been knocked back in their attempt to purchase a club in a far better condition (Bompey) they went for a cheaper and worse (in their opinion, otherwise you would have been first choice for them) option.

Interestingly, for us, there has been no pledge to make you a promotion fighting force; no declaration to get you back into the prem in x amount of years (unlike when we were bought) and interesting that they started looking low down in the echelons of the football league. Maybe that is where they want to be? They certainly don't seem to want to spunk loads of money on their football project. My guess is that tey will be content to have a club flitting between league 1 and the championship - it still looks nice on their CV.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I certainly can't see a Harry 7 Storrie style spending spree happening with these guys in charge.

So whilst you, and many other Pompey fans I know, are AT THIS MOMENT saying you are just happy to have a club to support - how long will this feeling last? Are you ready to spend another 30 odd years in our shadow?

How is it losing value every day? Surely he can wait for it all go pair shaped at pompey and then sell at a profit to tesco's?

According to the article here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1243828/Do-men-control-Portsmouth-want-football-club-superstore.html most of the land is mortgaged to Barclay's (and one bit to Coutt's) so if he did sell he would have to use most/all of the money that he got from the sale to pay off the mortgages I assume? Question is what did he do with the money he got from taking out the mortgages and is that making him enough to cover the cost of supporting the mortgages? I assume he is getting some income from the land from rent and parking fee's etc.

Also the article notes that none of the land can be sold without the agreement of the bank so not only would they have to negotiate with Gaydamak but also get the bank to approve any sale.

You mean the price of land has suddenly started to increase without me noticing? Gaydamak's making almost nothing from the land. The club have moved their offices, the club shop and learning centre to other premises so all that he's left with is the car park one day every two weeks. In addition, when the localism bill becomes law next year PCC can declare the land an "asset of community value" and that means it can't be developed for anything except the football club. They could even force through a compulsory purchase order on the land. So he's paying a mortgage on land he's making virtually nothing from. Why wouldn't he sell if a decent offer came along? And Tesco are very unlikely to make an offer at present because they know that the co-operation of the club and council is fundamental to any plans they have for a superstore there.

You mean the price of land has suddenly started to increase without me noticing? Gaydamak's making almost nothing from the land. The club have moved their offices, the club shop and learning centre to other premises so all that he's left with is the car park one day every two weeks. In addition, when the localism bill becomes law next year PCC can declare the land an "asset of community value" and that means it can't be developed for anything except the football club. They could even force through a compulsory purchase order on the land. So he's paying a mortgage on land he's making virtually nothing from. Why wouldn't he sell if a decent offer came along? And Tesco are very unlikely to make an offer at present because they know that the co-operation of the club and council is fundamental to any plans they have for a superstore there.

No I mean the value of the land has not started to decrease which appears to have been your initial point, or is that too long ago for you to remember?

Also if it does start to decrease to the point where it would not be able to cover the cost of the mortgage he would have either the option of selling at a loss or waiting for the situation to change.

Your later statements are all 'can' and 'could' with no indication of 'would'.

If the club are finally bled dry by russians and ceases to trade the land could be worth more in terms of the whole area being redeveloped. Obviously if the russians approach gaddy with a cash up front decent offer for the land then he (and the bank) may well take it but nothing they have done so far indicates that this is likely to happen.

The value of the land has just gone up because the Ruskies have declared an interest in buying it.

Gaydmark knows that the ground cannot be turned round and developed without his bit of land, which makes it much more valuable than it would be for commercial or housing purposes.

Also CH's idea of Portsmouth Council using as CPO to buy land and then hand it over to a Private Company is just ridiculous, unless PC built the stand and leased it back to the club. Hard to justify at a time when council jobs are being cut. Also it should be remembered that a previous incaranation of PFC still has started repaying 20% of the business rates that were outstanding when it went into admin.

Am I missing something here? CH says the parachute money is ringfenced for the CVA, Why then was the CVA put back? What happened to the advancements of the Parachute money? Surley if it is ring fenced the Prem can release it in order to pay the local companies what they are due and then in turn ring fence any payments that would be due to pompey should pompey get re-promoted within the timeframe of said parachute payments? They were willing to advance Parachute payments to pompey so that they could afford to get in players to complete the season, so why wouldnt they be happy to see the local companies right?

Or is there actually no money ringfenced?

Am I missing something here? CH says the parachute money is ringfenced for the CVA, Why then was the CVA put back? What happened to the advancements of the Parachute money? Surley if it is ring fenced the Prem can release it in order to pay the local companies what they are due and then in turn ring fence any payments that would be due to pompey should pompey get re-promoted within the timeframe of said parachute payments? They were willing to advance Parachute payments to pompey so that they could afford to get in players to complete the season, so why wouldnt they be happy to see the local companies right?

I think he is just referring to the fact that FOOTBALL CREDITORS are paid from it as and when such payments are due.

You are right, of course, that they must have already had two thirds of the parachute money (the first 2 years worth).

1. Gaydamak will sell the land eventually as it's no use to him and losing value every day. depends how serious CSI are about developing the ground. They might, they might not. And what exactly does "they want to invest in the academy" mean? I'd suggest it means that they plan to invest in the academy.

2. What other businesses do they have that have "issues"? None as far as I can see.

I wasn't aware they had "issues" at any of their other businesses but perhaps you can enlighten me.

Lets not forget Gadymack is charging the skates £6k PW for the carpark, so roughly a £1/4million a year. That should be enough for the mortgages on the wasteland and some left over for a few IEDs, tanks and the like for Angoloa.

And as redKeith points out, as the Russian mafia have publically stated there intention to purchase the grubby patch of land, they have instantly weakened their bargaining position and strengthened the Gun Runners asking price.

With regards to the other areas of business in trouble, mafia mastermind Antonov has been flatly refused trading licenses by the UKs Financial Services Authority, and as such cannot operate his rotten little banks over here, which he mainly uses to extract money out of Russian Railways and investment funds (allegedly).

There is also the embarrassing fall out with the FBI and the Swedish government, not to mention General Motors. The Russian mafia can claim that they are publically defending smear campaigns online against them all they like, but when the FBI warn a European country not to touch a Russian because of a dodgy past linked to organised crime, there surely must be something wrong? Maybe the FBI have got it in for poor little poopey too!

You mean the price of land has suddenly started to increase without me noticing? Gaydamak's making almost nothing from the land. The club have moved their offices, the club shop and learning centre to other premises so all that he's left with is the car park one day every two weeks.

I wouldnt expect you to notice land prices rise or fall, no! As above, £6k per week, whether you have a game or not, PMSL.

And whilst you may not be paying the Gun runners for clotterils cupboard or the stall that sells the red and black penis kits, but you will be paying rent to somebody else now! Probably Harry, Venables, Milan or some old associated crook.

Well the pledged to raise £15m in player sales last summer to raise funds to support the first £3m odd payment. Of course, Storries valuations were deemed bonkers by the market (shame the judge couldnt see the stinking pit of deceit staring it in the face) and no money was raised and the CVA blown off until 2012.

They spunked the first tranche of parachutes just to finish the relegation campaign in the prem, and Chinny has got his £16-24million (depending on his interest %, 24%?) secured too which i cant see the Russian mafia bothering with...

I would hazard, NO, no money is ringfenced to pay off damaged local businesses, abused childrens cancer charities and Her Majestys Revenue and Customs...

Dirty little tin pot stain on the FL

I think he is just referring to the fact that FOOTBALL CREDITORS are paid from it as and when such payments are due.

You are right, of course, that they must have already had two thirds of the parachute money (the first 2 years worth).

So the ringfenced argument is null and void then as it is only looking after the football world. The payment that matters to everyone else still needs to be found or put back again.

So the ringfenced argument is null and void then as it is only looking after the football world. The payment that matters to everyone else still needs to be found or put back again.

Remember. the ONLY thing that HAD to be ringfenced were the football creditors. No method of paying that in full, no Golden Share, no Football Licence.

After that, the club required funds to function during Admin

Taken today from the skate site....... Just a timely reminder, that they really don't care;

Would i swap those years when we had cup winning trips to wembley,great results against the more arrogant of clubs,european football and good football for a new stadium and financial security???FOOOK NO.

As much as the sensible bit of me wants to say it wasnt worth it,it sure was.We spunked our futures on a champagne lifestyle we couldnt afford,but with hindsight,if i had to go back and do it all,almost exactly the same,i would.

Better to live one day as a lion than your whole life like a lamb

Taken today from the skate site....... Just a timely reminder, that they really don't care;

Would i swap those years when we had cup winning trips to wembley,great results against the more arrogant of clubs,european football and good football for a new stadium and financial security???FOOOK NO.

As much as the sensible bit of me wants to say it wasnt worth it,it sure was.We spunked our futures on a champagne lifestyle we couldnt afford,but with hindsight,if i had to go back and do it all,almost exactly the same,i would.

that is the whole thing, I suggest that most clubs fans (88 out of 92)would take what they have had. They have had lifetime memories and will talk about them to their grave. Many have had the good days and now don't bother going, but can brag away forever. Fans like Mack etc I assume will be there in the bad as well as good.

If Pompey were liquidated tomorrow , you can't take their experiences away, that is why I am unhappy about it all, they not only spun the wheel and lost everything, they got their chips back. It is all wrong and they never got their real deserved punishment.

If any of their former employees gets pulled for wrongdoing, it seems to me that they will be allowed to say that it is a different company and nothing to do with them. That is what the 2 Russians were alluding to IMO, they have been assured that any wrongdongs will not be levelled at the new company.

Classic. Saved, as a text document, for when the Ho slaps his tail fin against the tank wall too hard in protesting that their fans are contrite.

1. They said in their interview they didn't want to spend massively on the playing side, but they've spent over £4m since taking over which is, as people on here have pointed out, about the 3rd or 4th highest in the division. Gaydamak will sell the land eventually as it's no use to him and losing value every day. depends how serious CSI are about developing the ground. They might, they might not. And what exactly does "they want to invest in the academy" mean? I'd suggest it means that they plan to invest in the academy.

2. What other businesses do they have that have "issues"? None as far as I can see. Are you talking about SAAB, believing (like shifting sands Philly) that they own it? (which of course they don't). I wasn't aware they had "issues" at any of their other businesses but perhaps you can enlighten me. As for why they bought us, as I keep saying (over and over again) I think they wanted a football club to go with their portfolio of sporting businesses (Isle of Man TT, Powerplay Golf etc) and we were available at a reasonable price for a club our size. people on here keep banging on about "why didn't they buy Bristol City/ Reading/ Sheff Weds/ Utd" but Madejski wants £50m+ for Reading, Weds & Utd have their own problems and as far as I know Bristol City aren't for sale. What other clubs are for sale they should have bought instead of us.

I think they bought us because they wanted a football club within CSI and we were available. Simple as that

1. I guess it depends how the deals are structured as to exactly how much they have actually spent. £4m is a headline figure, but they might be in for a lot less than that at the moment.

1. They want to buy the land. Without it they need to look elsewhere if they want to develop the ground. If.

1. The Academy. Are you being deliberately thick? If they said 'we're going to invest in the team', what would (or should) your questions be? How much? When" Who? Would be good for a starter. It's easy to say 'we're going to invest in an academy', but that could be sending a couple of blokes down the local parks every weekend, or building a proper facility to attract, coach, house and teach the best players from around the country and the world, whilst having a global scouting network centrally co-ordinated. Do you understand the difference? The first costs £50 a week + petrol. The second costs 7 figures a year to run even once you get your facilities in place (which cost several million in teh first place.....which, of course, you don't currently have). I would imagine you'd be looking at a minimum of £10m to start with plus the annual expenditure. So, back to the question then.....No details, so what exactly does this mean?

2. The grubby little bank (Snoras) that nobody in a developed economy will allow to operate. That would seem to be a bit of an issue and raise a few concerns. Saab seems to be connected to them - they're doing well.

2. Every football club will be for sale. Bournemouth didn't want them. Rangers didn't want them (although their potential tax bill - remember them? - may have put them off). Reading were £50m were they? OK, Reading seem to have a decent ground, recent PL history, and I suspect they have a decent training facility. I also would imagine they have a reasonable scouting network and some sort of academy on the basis that they've brought in a number of decent players over the years. They would also seem to be stable having been owned by one man for many years. All this for £50m. How much would you imagine it would cost these days to build a ground and training ground? Ours was £32m 10 years ago. Steel prices and building materials have risen dramatically since then and, as an example, BHA have just spent £90m on 22k.

On that basis, why would they choose Pompey? It's tied up in all sorts of knots but, has one advantage. It's cheap. If you were someone who hasn't got their head stuck in the sand, you'd wonder if they actually were interested in investing anything. It could be just a complete punt for next to nothing in the vain hope that the clown you have as manager might get you promoted, and then they could syphon off all the PL cash. Maybe it's just a low risk gamble.

1. I guess it depends how the deals are structured as to exactly how much they have actually spent. £4m is a headline figure, but they might be in for a lot less than that at the moment.

On that basis, why would they choose Pompey? It's tied up in all sorts of knots but, has one advantage. It's cheap. If you were someone who hasn't got their head stuck in the sand, you'd wonder if they actually were interested in investing anything. It could be just a complete punt for next to nothing in the vain hope that the clown you have as manager might get you promoted, and then they could syphon off all the PL cash. Maybe it's just a low risk gamble.

This is my feeling, too. They obviously had some cash to spend, but poor old Clotterrill has clearly had his hands tied in the transfer market, especially once he'd blown his 'quality over quantity' allowance. January will be interesting if they are miles off the play-offs and with the CVA start looming.

This is my feeling, too. They obviously had some cash to spend, but poor old Clotterrill has clearly had his hands tied in the transfer market, especially once he'd blown his 'quality over quantity' allowance. January will be interesting if they are miles off the play-offs and with the CVA start looming.

Here is a different slant. Like I've mentioned before, CSI may well have a messy trail but that may not be where the future fun will lie, and it is all speculation.

But looking at Russians in a Business Culture way (something the PC UK never normally do - watch the cries of stereotyping from the troll)

Doing business with Russians it can help if you understand them. Some got to become Oliagarchs they had contacts and friends and you can read as much as you like about that on rumamafia or wherever.

Some got to become successful by seeing an opportunity and trading we see a lot of them here buying cheap bending import processes and selling high

But the uncanny thing when you deal with them is that it is almost always about "The Deal". We see them buying their Guggi down here - they are THE most aggressive negotiators.

Understanding they wanted to buy a club (their need/Ego has driven them to make that decision as we already acknowledge)

So, why did they buy poopey? Was it the quality of life in North End? The al fresco dining on the beach? Was it to leave a lasting legacy?

Or was it because they thought they got a damned good deal?

Now it's that last bit that determines how they move forwards, if they feel they got a great deal then they may speculate to accumulate. If they THOUGHT they were getting a good deal and things are crawling out of the woodwork - that will not look so good....

Was it Ego or was it Corporate Branding?

Any Russian language readers found any Corporate Press Releases yet? Anyone heard of them taking their biggest clients to games to enjoy the Hospitality (sic).

IMHO it was all about

1) someone was stupid enough to finally talk to them

2) someone convinced them it was a good deal.

For that person's sake, I hope it was. Personally I bet Caveat Empor will float around from time to time...

CVA what's that? as an example

Court Case starts (again) for Storrieteller & Milan on Monday 19th in Court 8 before Judge Leonard (different Judge to last time).

http://www.courtserve.net/courtlists/current/crown/sthwk_T110919.01.htm

SITTING AT 10:30

AM

For

Trial

T20097808 STORRIE Peter 48C23015506

Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981 - LINKED TO:

T20107415 STORRIE Peter 48C60134910

T20107431 MANDARIC Milan 48C23003310

T20107134 MANDARIC Milan 48C21000210

Order made under Contempt of Court Act 1981

Well did they go to court or did the judge fall ill again,

But they didn't live as lions; they lived like hyenas.

But they're too thick to know the difference. Metaphorically, the lion is a noble beast, so that is a million miles away from them and their behaviour.

I have raised the same thing with some of my business contacts who are Skates and they take the same view of the whole sordid episode. They also say that yes, the club was on the brink of oblivion, but they went to Wembley 6 times, or however times it was. In the same way, their total lack of morality and understanding of ethics means that they couldn't care less whether they are owned by gun-running child maimers, fake sheiks, loan sharks or the Russian mafia.

Totally and utterly thick, most of them. It has been good to know that our club stands on the moral high ground during that period and whereas they might rejoice that they held a higher league position than us for a handfull of seasons, we can look down on them and have a good laugh at the pantomime that is their club.

Well did they go to court or did the judge fall ill again,

This is the only recorded information this time.

(which is alot less than last time where day1 had things like "Jury Sworn In" and Day 3 had "Witness Number 3 Sworn - 10:25" etc)

20/09/2011 Tue, Trial (Part Heard) - Legal Submissions - 12:05 at Court: 8

20/09/2011 Tue, Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 14:33 at Court: 8

20/09/2011 Tue, Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 15:25 at Court: 8

21/09/2011 Wed, Trial (Part Heard) - Prosecution Opening - 10:22 at Court: 8

22/09/2011 Thu, Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 14:45 at Court: 8

This is the only recorded information this time.

(which is alot less than last time where day1 had things like "Jury Sworn In" and Day 3 had "Witness Number 3 Sworn - 10:25" etc)

Saint_John, do you know when the HMRC appeal against the Football Creditors Rule is due to be heard.?I thought this may have been in the Autumn.

It's the only way they know.

Clotterill and lumpitt were given the budget and told they could spend it anyway they liked. Last week Clotterill was complaining he couldn't get loan deals over the line because the pennies didn't add up..... I guess he is a little scared to go back to the russioans so quickly and ask for more.

May be this might help him understand why the pennies don't add up... A little quote from Mr Hollaway

With one of Holloway’s former players, Luke Varney, out through suspension, the Blackpool boss also revealed that his club could not compete with the financial package that Pompey offered to sign the forward.

Holloway said: ‘They paid more money than we could have or would have. He made his mind up to go there

Of course if you want a proper laugh you could always read this quote from clotts himself

The boss said last week's defeat at Hull was the first time his side had deserved to lose this season - and vowed they would go all out to put it right at home to Blackpool and Peterborough over the next few days

Cloterill on Solent this morning at 7-50hrs commenting on the owners press conference. Says he agrees about academy and named three youngsters coming through, didn't sound very convincing or upbeat.

Ah, so youngsters are going to be the key to the future eh?

So tell me what did they do with many of their youngsters last season?

Oh, and far from me to offer footballing tactical advice to anyone but I did think of this.

Dear CSI

We understand that you are about to pursue a Youth Strategy. We are pleased to recommend the UK's leading expert on integrating Youth players into the NpC environment. He has plenty of availability these days and it is but a short drive for him from the Cotswolds to Portsmouth. We are sure he can tell you how successful this strategy can be and how satisfying it can be for your amazing fans.

If you can't find his contact details, through Google, do not worry, his Co-Expert can be found most match days at Eastleigh FC

http://rumafia.com/material.php?id=220

Antonov’s plans did not find any support among his partners – Russian Railways already owns football club “Locomotiv”. As a result, “Saturn” has ceased to exist, and the masterminds of the grand scam decided to focus their efforts on the purchase of English “Portsmouth''

Ah, the famous Rumafia article. Leaving aside the fact that no-one has ever been able to prove anything that was in the article I have two questions

1. Wouldn't he have known that his business partners Russian Railways already owned a club? It's quite an important thing for him to overlook

2. I ask again, if they wanted to launder money, why Pompey when there's so much focus on the financial side of the club?

You know, I think that you are probably correct in the fact that they just wanted an English football league club, ANY club, and most likely the cheaper the better. And you were more than available, Cinny was desperate to offload you; so much so that he was even willing to take his money on the never-never, which we all know is a VERY dangerous thing to do with those serial defaulters.

So whilst you, and many other Pompey fans I know, are AT THIS MOMENT saying you are just happy to have a club to support - how long will this feeling last? Are you ready to spend another 30 odd years in our shadow?

Serial defaulters? Who else have they defaulted on payments to then?

As for promises about buying their way back into the PL, who wants rash promises? They aren't allowed to spunk mega money on players due to the terms of the CVA - as I keep posting but no-one seems to understand. As for living in your shadow, the level of gloating on this site is reaching epidemic proportions but things can change very quickly in football. What happens when the Liebherrs decide to sell you? (as they will). You can't control who buys you. You could get the next Carson Yeung and be back in administration and L1 before you know it. Enjoy it while it lasts because whilst you might get promoted and spend 20 years in the PL it could all come crashing down around your ears

No I mean the value of the land has not started to decrease which appears to have been your initial point, or is that too long ago for you to remember?

If the club are finally bled dry by russians and ceases to trade the land could be worth more in terms of the whole area being redeveloped. Obviously if the russians approach gaddy with a cash up front decent offer for the land then he (and the bank) may well take it but nothing they have done so far indicates that this is likely to happen.

The value of the land HAS started to decrease. Latest report is that Gaydamak wants around £5.5m for it which is considerably less than even a year ago. I'm sure he's aware of the localism bill that becomes law next year and must be worried about the effect that could have. As for CSI "bleeding us dry" - PMSL. What the **** are they going to bleed? They can't touch the parachute payments and unless they keep up the CVA payments the club will be folded by the FL. Whatever they're here for they're not here to bleed us dry.

[

You can read that the parachute payments can't be touched until 2012 here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/7620926/Portsmouth-suffer-Premier-League-parachute-payment-blow.html

"Portsmouth will not benefit directly from Premier League parachute payments until 2012 at the earliest because the money will be paid directly to the club’s football creditors"Which makes the comment that we've already had two thirds of it wrong also. Parachute payments are paid over four years. You also said the PL advanced money so we could buy players to finish the season. 100% wrong. They didn't advance any money until March by which time the transfer window was closed

And as redKeith points out, as the Russian mafia have publically stated there intention to purchase the grubby patch of land, they have instantly weakened their bargaining position and strengthened the Gun Runners asking price.

There is also the embarrassing fall out with the FBI and the Swedish government, not to mention General Motors.

As usual, wrong on so many counts:

1. How have they weakened their bargaining position? Gaydamak knows they're the only ones who will buy the land. hardly a stunning revelation for him was it?

2. A Swedish Govt investigation into Antonov found no connection whatsoever to organised crime. General Motors also publically stated they were happy for him to take over at SAAB. If you look at the second article it says that the Swedish prime minister will turn against anyone who wants to short-circuit the approval process of Antonov. Hardly the damning indictment you'd expect from a head of state for a criminal, is it?

http://www.mondotimes.com/3/news/19177

http://www.saabsunited.com/2011/06/gm-approved-of-antonov-a-long-time-ago-swedish-government-caught-unaware.html

Classic. Saved, as a text document, for when the Ho slaps his tail fin against the tank wall too hard in protesting that their fans are contrite.

PMSL. So one quote can now represent every Pompey fan? Maybe I should quote people on here who have posted things along the lines of "I have a few mates who are Pompey fans who are decent people and feel ashamed about what happened". Then maybe you could apply those feelings to every Pompey fan instead. What do you say?

1. The Academy. Are you being deliberately thick? If they said 'we're going to invest in the team', what would (or should) your questions be? How much? When" Who? No details, so what exactly does this mean?

2. The grubby little bank (Snoras) that nobody in a developed economy will allow to operate. That would seem to be a bit of an issue and raise a few concerns. Saab seems to be connected to them - they're doing well.

1. Their press conference wasn't about detail, it was about their overall objectives. Now we know what their aims are we can start to ask the questions but seeing as it was a recorded interview, how do you suggest we should have asked them at that time?

2. The "grubby little bank Snoras". You mean the one that won a " Intyernational Region Bank of the year" award from The Banker magazine that's the most respected international financial publication? That grubby little bank?

2.1. SAAB's not connected with them. I ask again, what other of their companies has "issues"? I'll give you a clue - none of them, you made it up

Blah blah blah blah I'm an international businessman, I know everything, I'm sooper dooper and have a greater insight into world business than Warren Buffett (and did I mention my girlfriend's POlish and hot and I caddied for Tiger?)

Or was it because they thought they got a damned good deal?

Now it's that last bit that determines how they move forwards, if they feel they got a great deal then they may speculate to accumulate. If they THOUGHT they were getting a good deal and things are crawling out of the woodwork - that will not look so good....

Was it Ego or was it Corporate Branding?IMHO it was all about

1) someone was stupid enough to finally talk to them

2) someone convinced them it was a good deal.

For that person's sake, I hope it was. Personally I bet Caveat Empor will float around from time to time...

CVA what's that? as an example

ROTFPMSL x 1000. Philly, you're "speculating" (suggesting) that CSI, a group of people (including Chris Akers who is ENGLISH and was CEO of Leeds Utd) who run international companies including banks didn't realise that there was a CVA in place when they bought Pompey? Is that really what you're trying to get people on here to believe?

I'm sorry, but that is priceless.

ROTFPMSL x 1000. Philly, you're "speculating" (suggesting) that CSI, a group of people (including Chris Akers who is ENGLISH and was CEO of Leeds Utd) who run international companies including banks didn't realise that there was a CVA in place when they bought Pompey? Is that really what you're trying to get people on here to believe?

Actually, it's comments by your flawless, whiter than white, rich, altruistic benefactors who have nothing but good things intended for Pompey that suggest that. Along the lines of 'we are debt free' I believe it was...

Besides, focusing on that one tiny afterthought at the end completely misses the point he was trying to make.

Even you have to admit that the motives for CSI to buy you can be questioned.

Now stop trolling by trying to derail a pretty decent debate just because you don't like the subject or the direction it's headed.

2. A Swedish Govt investigation into Antonov found no connection whatsoever to organised crime. General Motors also publically stated they were happy for him to take over at SAAB. If you look at the second article it says that the Swedish prime minister will turn against anyone who wants to short-circuit the approval process of Antonov. Hardly the damning indictment you'd expect from a head of state for a criminal, is it?

Well it's hardly a glowing vote of confidence is it? The prime minister is against anyone trying to fully investigate him, you'd hardly expect a head of state to endorse a criminal would you? And is that Saab & Antonov mentioned in the same breath? Thought they had nothing to do with each other...

2. The "grubby little bank Snoras". You mean the one that won a " Intyernational Region Bank of the year" award from The Banker magazine that's the most respected international financial publication? That grubby little bank?

That's the one, you know the one that was refused a UK banking licence over money laundering concerns.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article5676839.ece

2.1. SAAB's not connected with them. I ask again, what other of their companies has "issues"? I'll give you a clue - none of them, you made it up

Of course, Antonov only tried to buy them (as you kindly mentioned earlier) and when the FBI chatted to the Swedish government of course they weren't allowed to buy them. But wasn't there someone who appears on the CSI website who has links with Spyker? Hmmm... :suspicious:

Ah, the famous Rumafia article. Leaving aside the fact that no-one has ever been able to prove anything that was in the article I have two questions

1. Wouldn't he have known that his business partners Russian Railways already owned a club? It's quite an important thing for him to overlook

2. I ask again, if they wanted to launder money, why Pompey when there's so much focus on the financial side of the club?

Serial defaulters? Who else have they defaulted on payments to then?

As for promises about buying their way back into the PL, who wants rash promises? They aren't allowed to spunk mega money on players due to the terms of the CVA - as I keep posting but no-one seems to understand. As for living in your shadow, the level of gloating on this site is reaching epidemic proportions but things can change very quickly in football. What happens when the Liebherrs decide to sell you? (as they will). You can't control who buys you. You could get the next Carson Yeung and be back in administration and L1 before you know it. Enjoy it while it lasts because whilst you might get promoted and spend 20 years in the PL it could all come crashing down around your ears

The value of the land HAS started to decrease. Latest report is that Gaydamak wants around £5.5m for it which is considerably less than even a year ago. I'm sure he's aware of the localism bill that becomes law next year and must be worried about the effect that could have. As for CSI "bleeding us dry" - PMSL. What the **** are they going to bleed? They can't touch the parachute payments and unless they keep up the CVA payments the club will be folded by the FL. Whatever they're here for they're not here to bleed us dry.

[

You can read that the parachute payments can't be touched until 2012 here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/7620926/Portsmouth-suffer-Premier-League-parachute-payment-blow.html

"Portsmouth will not benefit directly from Premier League parachute payments until 2012 at the earliest because the money will be paid directly to the club’s football creditors"Which makes the comment that we've already had two thirds of it wrong also. Parachute payments are paid over four years. You also said the PL advanced money so we could buy players to finish the season. 100% wrong. They didn't advance any money until March by which time the transfer window was closed

As usual, wrong on so many counts:

1. How have they weakened their bargaining position? Gaydamak knows they're the only ones who will buy the land. hardly a stunning revelation for him was it?

http://www.mondotimes.com/3/news/19177

http://www.saabsunited.com/2011/06/gm-approved-of-antonov-a-long-time-ago-swedish-government-caught-unaware.html

PMSL. So one quote can now represent every Pompey fan? Maybe I should quote people on here who have posted things along the lines of "I have a few mates who are Pompey fans who are decent people and feel ashamed about what happened". Then maybe you could apply those feelings to every Pompey fan instead. What do you say?

1. Their press conference wasn't about detail, it was about their overall objectives. Now we know what their aims are we can start to ask the questions but seeing as it was a recorded interview, how do you suggest we should have asked them at that time?

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

In answer to that bit,

It was well documented at the time of the plans to advance TV money and Parachute payments in order for Pompey to be able to complete the season. Once the window was closed didnt your club axe the youth and reduce the team to numbers below the required amount? Didnt it then take on loan several players on high wages for a club that was struggling so much?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/17/portsmouth-nine-point-penalty-administration

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/7500771/Portsmouth-crisis-eased-as-Balram-Chainrai-drops-claim-for-immediate-payment.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1250363/Portsmouth-rescue-mission-Premier-League-set-hand-debt-ridden-Pompey-lifeline.html

Just a few reports talking about how the prem were going to advance payments to help poop old pompey out. Some mention how the payments would cover the HMRC debt leaving only what is disputed. Funny how that never got paid yet your club could still afford to bring expensive loans in at the cost of dispensing with the youth team isnt it?

As usual the facts are pretty hard to come by and will probably not come out until the forensic work on the old company is published. I am not sure which way the results will go but I know which way I wouldnt put my money on.

Most of what is discussed on here is based on reports like above or rumours on websites and so on. I can understand you defending your club as I would defend mine but the old saying "No smoke without fire" would leave me wandering what exactly I am defending?

No doubt you will be extatic if the forensic stuff shows up no problems and the Russians turn out to be really good owners who rebuild your club from the ground up, flushing out all the leachers and bad practices while taking you on a ride back up to the Prem on a self sustainable business plan. Is that something you seriously can see happening though? Or does the reports and "available info" (fact or fiction) not worry you in the slightest?

Saint_John, do you know when the HMRC appeal against the Football Creditors Rule is due to be heard.?I thought this may have been in the Autumn.

my diary states 28th november

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/topic/tax/football-creditor-rule-under-review/500213

It would be great to do a Protest against PFC outside that hearing

Edited by tony13579

Coprs, I think the 2/3s bit stems from teh fact that teh 4 year parachute payments are split approx 16m yr 1 16 mil year 2 (which I you are already in as you drew some of this when still in the prem) and then 8m year 3 and 8 mil year 4, so it was correct from that perspective....the total is obviously 48 mil or there abouts, but from that you need to subtract the amount you used in teh prem and teh amount that is held back for football creditors... teh rst will no doubt be swalled up paying the CVA creditors... or one would hope...

"Nasa's Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) is due to fall to Earth tonight and will most likely land in the Pacific Ocean shortly after midnight British time.

Experts warned it is impossible to know for sure when and where the satellite will make its final descent, but if predictions are correct then it should be visible in Britain to the naked eye as it plunges down. "

I have e-mailed NASA with the co-ordinates of Nottarf Krap :uhoh:

Corpy....

Does he just make this up because he knows that no-one else is sad enough to find proof? I certainly can't be Rsed. Proove it Corpy.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})