Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"We decided we'll be long-term investors, we don't want to sell the club - we have a five-year development plan. For us it's a long term investment"

This is the quote that sticks out for me and ok, I haven't seen the original interview so I may be taking this out of context, but that sounds like they view the long term as 5 years. If nothing else that should worry you Corp. Now I don't know what the Liebherr family plans are after the 5 years were up but I bet Markus wasn't just planning on selling out. With the family in charge, that may change, but I feel a whole lot more comfortable with them as our owners compared to your Russian Mafia boys.

So they don't want to sell the club, is that because they have something else planned? Five years should be just enough to milk the carcase of the remaining parachute money, have an outside chance of getting promoted again whilst the CVA continues to be on the back burner and allow the property market to recover.

fortress fratton indeed!

Welcome to hell!! Yes, we are all really scared - of both of you.

And I could sense that Peterborough were overawed by the big arena experience with a massive crowd making up that 12th man - quite daunting, just need Avram shuffling around with his pants round his ankles bellowing into a microphone and then we'd be scared.

And just returning to the Harbour Superdome for a mo, you must remember it, the ground that would be financed by world cup games? - if that wasn't a genuine attempt at producing a new stadium why did they spend more on architects plans than we spent on Rickie Lambert?

Increase in wages might be covered by the sponsorship deal we have this year (last year the club decided not to have any sponsorship), so that income stream is new and there is better television revenue in the Championship.

Not to mention higher ticket prices and attendances that are ACTUALLY higher than last year.

fortress fratton indeed!

Welcome to hell!! Yes, we are all really scared - of both of you.

And I could sense that Peterborough were overawed by the big arena experience with a massive crowd making up that 12th man - quite daunting, just need Avram shuffling around with his pants round his ankles bellowing into a microphone and then we'd be scared.

And just returning to the Harbour Superdome for a mo, you must remember it, the ground that would be financed by world cup games? - if that wasn't a genuine attempt at producing a new stadium why did they spend more on architects plans than we spent on Rickie Lambert?

Wow, according to the troll's maths we spent 250 million quid on Rickie & his wages. Damn I wish I'd chosen to be a bathroom architect in life, money for old fish

Fpmsfl! If those words fill you with confidence, you must be more barmy than stinky clown boy! In case you haven't noticed, you don't actually have a training ground! How on earth it is possible to put money in and improve something that doesn't exist is beyond me!

By the way, some news to upset the apple cart. I received my 'stop' and warning list at work today. Guess who makes a brand new appearance, straight in at number one, for companies to supply to only with a proforma invoice? Yep, that's right, good old Pompey are back on the top of the league for non payers :) This new dawn didn't last long ;)

Anybody else heard this about Pompey not paying bills again.

Pompey v FC Rostov: Ticket Prices Cut. Ticket prices have been reduced for Pompey’s charity friendly against FC Rostov next Wednesday. The match against the Russian Premier League side – which kicks-off at 7.30pm – has been arranged to raise money for the families of the victims of the air crash in Yaroslavl earlier this month. And the cost of seats has been cut to encourage as many fans as possible to come along and support the cause. Tickets now cost just £2 for the match against the Russian Premier League side – with accompanied under 12s entering for free.

May be they could do this for league games, might get a bigger crowd?

Glamour opposition so crowd of 2000 at most.

Questions re friendly

1. Who pays the opponents expenses. Club or owners?

2. What happens to the few who have already paid £10 for a ticket?

3. Do the players get appearance money?

4. Does 20% Vat have to be taken out of the ticket price for a 'charity' game

5. Will Hadji Diouf fit in well at Pompey when he arrives? (Nice chap!!!)

Questions re friendly

He's just what they need to sort out their discipline problems :D

Pompey v FC Rostov: Ticket Prices Cut. Ticket prices have been reduced for Pompey’s charity friendly against FC Rostov next Wednesday. The match against the Russian Premier League side – which kicks-off at 7.30pm – has been arranged to raise money for the families of the victims of the air crash in Yaroslavl earlier this month. And the cost of seats has been cut to encourage as many fans as possible to come along and support the cause. Tickets now cost just £2 for the match against the Russian Premier League side – with accompanied under 12s entering for free.

Have Rostov flown in especially for this match or are they already in Western Europe for other matches? At £2 per ticket its hard to see how this charitable venture will break even let alone raise funds. Skates are a joke again. Mickey Mouse.

Questions re friendly

You forgot the most important question:

6. Will any money actually be paid to the charity?

Not a bad gesture from the Russian Mafia, and understandable considering that their major passion is Hockey...

However I think they are looking at making a loss on the event, even with a 5K turnout they are only looking at raising £10 grand, or two days of Tal Ben Haims wages. If they muster up 2k then I doubt £4k of revenue will be anyway near enough to cover the cost of the floodlights, stewards, staffing and so on. I recall our Claus' testimonial running at a loss (he had to chip in £100k IIRC) and we had a gate of around 18k, and the tickets were about 10x that of the skates charity gig.

Once again, the figures dont look good for poopey.

In consideration of the existing fortunes owed to local charities, it may be likely that fans are cautious about attending, and as sad as it is, we are in a recession and people are having to make financial choices carefully... this may just be too far from home for skates to be concerned with.

After pompey won the cup they had some kind of match at Nottarf didnt they? Something to do with Kanu and a charity I think, and they scraped together about 1200 fans together... pretty reasonable seeing as 200k people had just welcomed arrys victory bus down at southsea.

Time for an attendence sweepstake?

Im going for 1,850 - with 150 Russians = £3700, which is considerably less than it would cost to fly over the Russian sides first team!

If this turns out to be some kind of disaster, the Russian Mafia will not be happy. They think they have bought the best fans in the land, and it will really stick in their throats that the skates didnt come out to support their cause... and the honeymoon is over!

Whisper through Twitter...

Pompey boss Steve Cotterill wants to buy 3 players. A left back, midfielder and 20 goal a season striker. But no money available at mo.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Note that Cloterill has conveniently forgot Dave Kitson....that he signed last season.

Typical poopey, still trying to cheat.

Cloterill you MORON.

The transfer window is SHUT until JANUARY, so stop whingeing. Even IF you had money FIFA/UEFA/FL/FA would not allow you to buy players.

Oh I forgot only 91 clubs follow the rules

By the way, some news to upset the apple cart. I received my 'stop' and warning list at work today. Guess who makes a brand new appearance, straight in at number one, for companies to supply to only with a proforma invoice? Yep, that's right, good old Pompey are back on the top of the league for non payers :) This new dawn didn't last long ;)

To be honest, I'm surprised that anybody has been extending them any credit. Perhaps the list is just formalising a de facto situation? (PS: who actually produces that list?). Presumably Kind Edwards or the Uni (?) are getting cash on the nail for the use of their training ground? If not, perhaps someone should tell them..

Slightly off topic but a mate who's son is studying as a Town Planner tells me that of all the UK cities bombed in the war, Pompey had the most incidents of Looting from shops, warehouses and private residences as recorded by the police and the Mass Observation Society.

Now you might understand how bombing may make you do things you wouldn't normally do but then take into account that,post war,some of their offspring had the nerve to make up a silly story about a non existent Dock Strike to cover up the fall from grace of their football club post 1960!!

Real Madrid's France international Lassana Diarra is facing charges relating to a tax fraud probe by police in Le Havre, the French regional paper Paris-Normandie reported on Friday.

The 26-year-old defender has been placed under official judicial investigation, added the paper.

Football agent John Williams has also been targeted in the affair, notably for his role in Diarra's 20 million euro (£18.9 million) transfer from Portsmouth to Real Madrid in January 2009.

As well as Portsmouth, with whom he won the 2008 FA Cup, the defender who started out with French side Le Havre also had spells with two other English sides, Arsenal and Chelsea

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gATJfNolG_Aav_A0ks4x54SgIU7Q?docId=CNG.4171079862e72d4c9a37cfdebd4635bf.401

Whoops!

That's another deal that could come back to bite them on the ars3.

Can they check back through his earnings and images rights for the last five years....

Then again the russian says they are clean and have no tax issues, so I guess he knows best.

Cue different company, different owners, nothing to do with our football club defence - though the present club seems to have a very similar name, history, ground, and is entered in the same league system as the one that was implicated in criminality.

Ho hum.

Just seen this, CSI asking on facebook how to improve fratton. Knock it down surely!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/converssports/?id=267042513330628

Mike Hards was added by Roman Dubov.

25 minutes ago

Wow, the hospitality in the Leeds boardroom must be truly amazing, if the owner of the skates would rather be spending time accepting the mongs to their facbook page!

What must it be like to have SUCH a professional owner!

Ah bless.

A 1-0 defeat again today.

My prediction for the press conference : "We were the better team, we dominated the game, we should have won by two or three goals. The ref was incompetent. Leeds didn't deserve to win etc etc "

To be fair they did actually manage some shots on target this week!

Just seen this, CSI asking on facebook how to improve fratton. Knock it down surely!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/converssports/?id=267042513330628

Love this reply from one of the few....

"keep doing what your doing, Rome wasnt built in a day, but if we cant afford to get rid of the manager, could you at least give him a kick up the rear, volley it down the field and hope for the best may have worked in the lower leagues he worked in but not in this one. Playing like this Southampton fans are gonna have a field day!"

Ummm, perhaps a few of the few are worried about our games....!

one of them said there that they are fast becoming the laughing stock of the south coast.

No, they already ticked that box a couple of years back.

If we hear no gobby claims from the even fewer I'm prepared to take it easy on them for a fortnight.

I kind of feel sorry for them now, and I'm a bit worried they might sack the tactical genius Cotterill - we need to campaign for him to stay.

He's doing a tremendous job with that small squad that he and Lampitt chose to have, brilliant coach....

Tired? Played too many games? ******! Compare the stats:

http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/portsmouth-fc/eng-championship-2011-2012/

http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/southampton-fc/eng-championship-2011-2012/

They've used 21 players so far, we've used 18.

They have 5 players who have started 9 or 10 games; we have 9 players who have started 9 or 10 games (plus an extra couple of League Cup games ;))

They have 6 players with more than 700 minutes on the pitch, we have 7 (plus Connolly on 697')

Unfit and unmotivated, more like.

Tired? Played too many games? ******! Compare the stats:

http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/portsmouth-fc/eng-championship-2011-2012/

http://www.worldfootball.net/team_einsaetze/southampton-fc/eng-championship-2011-2012/

They've used 21 players so far, we've used 18.

They have 5 players who have started 9 or 10 games; we have 9 players who have started 9 or 10 games (plus an extra couple of League Cup games ;))

They have 6 players with more than 700 minutes on the pitch, we have 7 (plus Connolly on 697')

Unfit and unmotivated, more like.

Or maybe just crap.

Oh and out of interest, how is their backroom staff these days?

All that investment in rebuilding?

Who's their head scout these days? Who they got doing the World Wide scouting?

Surely it can't STILL be Pin Zahvi behind the scenes? They must have moved on since those days.

Hilarious stuff on PompeyOnline... with a thread almost split in half between people who can see beyond appointing a former "scummer" and the rest who are frothy-mouthed, rabid types willing to take a chance on anyone - as long as they were never formally associated with us.

Lol.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Spoke to a mate who enjoyed a Corporate Jolly at the Boat Show and was told by a Skate Council official that the recent 100k spent on their "arena" was a necessity as if it had not been done they were looking at a partial ground closure! Anyone else heard this?

Anyways...as a side I took a skate mate to the game yesterday....before he went I asked him to Google "crowd" as I did not want him to be scared.....(one of my mates was on hols and seeing as i went undercover to the "arena" last season I felt he was owed a trip the other way so he used the ST) His thoughts.......VERY impressed and not looking forward to the derbies with Clotterill in charge.....what we are enjoying is "light years" ahead of the crap that they are witnessing......and yes he is enduring every game as a ST holder down there....

Where they sit is surrounded by empty seats....the offer of going to the derby with them is on the table..in the home section.....mmmmm am tempted....depends if I can get a ticket in the away end with the "proper" fans......To have him sat in the Kingsland/Northam corner listening to "We're coming for you" was priceless......he is under NO illusion that we want revenge for the defeats suffered at the hands of his dirty , cheating little club!

Am I wrong or has cotterill signed about 5 strikers on big wages? What's he moaning about? Fees probably to a couple of million or more too. If he still needs a goalscorer he's admitting he's fcked it up. Money and squad size aren't the issue steve you mong.

He's recently signed Huseklep, Varney, Benjani and Futacs, all of whom were touted as 'top' players, in addition he already had the highly acclaimed (highly paid, more like!) Kanu and Kitson !

The only 'tired' aspect yesterday was his after match interview but TBF he is changing course from blaming refs to now blaming the fixture lists !

The guy is a first class muppet, hope he stays there forever :)

Spoke to a mate who enjoyed a Corporate Jolly at the Boat Show and was told by a Skate Council official that the recent 100k spent on their "arena" was a necessity as if it had not been done they were looking at a partial ground closure! Anyone else heard this?

Indeed.

It was posted on here about two months before the new owners announced the wonderful refurbishment of the toilets, that the health and safety inspection before the season started had stated what work needed to be done in order to get the ground OK'd and certificated.

It came as no surprise to most of us here, when the new owners announced the refurbishment, it was even posted how much was needed to do the work, so the figure they put out into the open wasn't a surprise either. Except of course to the Corpse who trumpeted the announcement as the new dawn at Fratton, and that everything was rosy in the garden!

WSS ...cheers.......

Having seen the "arena" from the home section I personally would still have shut it down......as I said to my mate the skate they could probably get away with two just two stands open! lol. 12k for a home match.....

Right now, in all my 26 years as a ST holder, I am enjoying being a Saints fan.....

He's recently signed Huseklep, Varney, Benjani and Futacs, all of whom were touted as 'top' players, in addition he already had the highly acclaimed (highly paid, more like!) Kanu and Kitson !

The only 'tired' aspect yesterday was his after match interview but TBF he is changing course from blaming refs to now blaming the fixture lists !

The guy is a first class muppet, hope he stays there forever :)

Interesting how they've had 3 games in 8 days, and Leeds have had 1.....or 2 if you want to count the one at the start of the 8 day period, Stevie boy. T w a t of the highest order. I assume he realises it's a squad game? Oh.

Hilarious stuff on PompeyOnline... with a thread almost split in half between people who can see beyond appointing a former "scummer" and the rest who are frothy-mouthed, rabid types willing to take a chance on anyone - as long as they were never formally associated with us.

Lol.

Is this Dave Jones ?

Or have they moved on to another;perhaps an acknowledgement that in the long run , greater things do come out of Southampton.

When Cloterrill does get shown the door, I expect WGS name to be thrown around yet again.

Interesting how they've had 3 games in 8 days, and Leeds have had 1.....or 2 if you want to count the one at the start of the 8 day period, Stevie boy. T w a t of the highest order. I assume he realises it's a squad game? Oh.

"...err, squad, wots one of them ? Stupid question really Lawrence".

**** me the skates are properly deluded fools aren't they? Just seen this on Pompey fans online,

One thing puzzles me though. I know nothing about insolvency law but why do we not hear about the scummers meeting the terms of a CVA?

Did their creditors - chiefly the people who financed the building of St Fairies - not want their money back? Or did the Nazi bridge builder agree to pay the club's creditors in full?

Plus i'd like to know if the skates that are calling for the head of Cotterill actually think they can afford to a: pay him off and b: replace him. The talk of getting in someone like Dave Jones our any of the other "big name" mangers they're talking about is laughable. They really are thick these skate ****s aren't they? Do they not realise they're skint? It's more likely to be an untested league one or two manager if they can afford to get rid of him.

They have their very own ticket tax as well, what they do with the extra £2 made me laugh.

"Tickets bought on a matchday can be purchased from the three ticket kiosks behind the Fratton End. Cash only.

Please note: Tickets bought on the day of the match are subject to a £2 administration fee. This will be donated to charity, split between Pompey Sports & Education Foundation and the matchday charity."

Lol.

You mean they wouldn't even consider Stuart Gray?

Love this reply from one of the few....

"keep doing what your doing, Rome wasnt built in a day, but if we cant afford to get rid of the manager, could you at least give him a kick up the rear, volley it down the field and hope for the best may have worked in the lower leagues he worked in but not in this one. Playing like this Southampton fans are gonna have a field day!"

Ummm, perhaps a few of the few are worried about our games....!

We already are. :lol:

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})