Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I suspect that you will find you are in a very small minority who thinks that GM talks a lot of crap.

I always look forward to reading his posts even though he dislikes me for being an ex-pat who has emigrated from the UK.

Sorry I should of added more winkey thingys. ;) ;)

I have 2 questions that I cant seem to get to an answer looking back.

1. Why would Chanrai lend them another £1m? Isnt that just adding to debt ot has it gone so far he cant back down now?

2. Why haven't the FL imposed the same penalty as we had for our 'parent company' administration?

1. It is like a pep, he just keeps reinvesting his interest payments

So how much money would Brian Howe have? I assume he is the lead singer of Bad Company, not a major name and so i doubt he would have untold millions.Of course he may have made a lot of money in investments

Not if he invested in the likes of the Skates he wouldn't. But as you say, he is a comparatively minor league player and I wonder what percentage of his wealth he would be prepared to invest.

So how much money would Brian Howe have? I assume he is the lead singer of Bad Company, not a major name and so i doubt he would have untold millions.Of course he may have made a lot of money in investments

He's linked with Vince Wolanin who were said were looking at buying the skates 15 years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-former-rock-singer-and-american-property-tycoon-seek-portsmouth-talks-1289169.html

I can remember Solent's Grant Coleman getting a free holiday out to the states to interview the guy who was gonna buy "Pompeii with their magnificent (s******) supporters".

He's linked with Vince Wolanin who were said were looking at buying the skates 15 years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-former-rock-singer-and-american-property-tycoon-seek-portsmouth-talks-1289169.html

I can remember Solent's Grant Coleman getting a free holiday out to the states to interview the guy who was gonna buy "Pompeii with their magnificent (s******) supporters".

Bloody hell Grant Coleman, that's a name from the past.

I long for the day Solent bring back the old goal jingle.... 'waaa...wa..waaaa...wwaahhhhhhh...DUR-DE-DEEEE-DEE-DAAAHHHHHH - over to John Barrett at the Dell...'

Christ I'm getting old.

Bloody hell Grant Coleman, that's a name from the past.

I long for the day Solent bring back the old goal jingle.... 'waaa...wa..waaaa...wwaahhhhhhh...DUR-DE-DEEEE-DEE-DAAAHHHHHH - over to John Barrett at the Dell...'

Christ I'm getting old.

Well remembered! from the days when you were lucky to get a Saints commentary on the radio, let alone a game shown on TV.

Brian Howe is wealthy but not to the extent that he can buy and sort pfc's problems on his own. His best friend however is vince wolanin, who runs several aviation, media production and property development companies. Vince is the man with the money. They were blind sided by mandaric in 1999, but have renewed negotiations again this time around. Brian was lead singer/songwriter for the reformed bad company band that were very big in the states....

if Howe has some backing, why has AA ignored him?

Could it be that Chanrai is the only game in town and his little puppet won't let anything else get in the way?

It's also fair to assume that Wolanin didn't get rich by investing in lost causes so that could be a stumbling block to a proper deal, and I say proper as Cala is so obviously a clown that even AA won't unleash him on the remains of the club.

In the meantime I guess we have to say, play up pompey!:scared:

Ouch, that hurt, but it had to be done.

To hope that West Ham beat pompey would be the definition of madness itself so don't ven consider it.....

Have to say it's ****ing deplorable behaviour to out a poster's real name and identify, especially on a rival fans board. That is beyond the pale in my view, and I hate Corporate Ho as much as the next man. Completely disagree with what happened here.

Calm down dear!

No-one's been 'outed'. SG gave a hint as to the initials of the Ho. Everything else is just guesses and unconfirmed speculation.

Even IF that speculation is correct, then the information gleaned is just stuff that was / is in the public domain anyway - if you don't want people to know who you are, don't create facebook / linkedIn / myspace or whatever profiles in the first place!

Besides, I'm not sure that any harm has been done, a few jokes linking corpse with his job; all lighthearted and some of them quite funny, and that's about it!

It's not like anyone has posted his address and promised to go round and 'sort him out' - I guess most people don't really 'hate' him as much as you may think ;)

Calm down dear!

No-one's been 'outed'. SG gave a hint as to the initials of the Ho. Everything else is just guesses and unconfirmed speculation.

Even IF that speculation is correct, then the information gleaned is just stuff that was / is in the public domain anyway - if you don't want people to know who you are, don't create facebook / linkedIn / myspace or whatever profiles in the first place!

Besides, I'm not sure that any harm has been done, a few jokes linking corpse with his job; all lighthearted and some of them quite funny, and that's about it!

It's not like anyone has posted his address and promised to go round and 'sort him out' - I guess most people don't really 'hate' him as much as you may think ;)

While it was wrong to go down that route and well done to SG for clearing the posts off the board, it may end up being a good Thing as I doubt the Ho will be as quick with the insults now he has no anominity to hide behind.

Although it is the Ho so ya never know

Calm down dear!

All the hints, links, suggestions & jokes in respect have been removed as it was in danger of cluttering up the masterpiece. Would be good to return to the topic of how these lying cheating scumbags manage to cling to life.

All the hints, links, suggestions & jokes in respect have been removed as it was in danger of cluttering up the masterpiece. Would be good to return to the topic of how these lying cheating scumbags manage to cling to life.

So.... A week ago howe was complaining on facebook that aa wouldnt return his calls and that they couldnt contact anyone from the club to lodge their interest. Now it seems he is a hot favorite. If I was sceptical, that would suggest that last week everything was rosy with a new buyer.... and this week it is not.

So will they be saved this week or will the FL stuff them with a points penalty? I would of thought a points penalty would dampen any remote interest they claim to be attracting?

Also if their hot favourites have now been replaced with Howe could it be the hot favourites from last week had enough of a look at the books and real debt and thought "Not a fecking chance!!!" ???

To be fair, at least Brian Howe has stated (somewhere) that they would be looking to 'start afresh' - no massive spening but debt reduction and financial management that has been lackking for them for some time now - so fair play to him. However, if there is any justice, they should be getting their punishment first before they rebuild... sadly its not in the FLs interests, so suspect feck all will be donew about it - I think it would be far better for them to go back into admin, take the hit and relagtion, and get someone who is genuinely looking to start again on a sound footing, rather than false promises...

To be fair' date=' at least Brian Howe has stated (somewhere) that they would be looking to 'start afresh' - no massive spening but debt reduction and financial management that has been lackking for them for some time now - so fair play to him. However, if there is any justice, they should be getting their punishment first before they rebuild... sadly its not in the FLs interests, so suspect feck all will be donew about it - I think it would be far better for them to go back into admin, take the hit and relagtion, and get someone who is genuinely looking to start again on a sound footing, rather than false promises...[/quote']

Don't think it's Howe/Wolanin in the box seat anyway. There's another consortium allegedly at quite an advanced stage with a bid. If what I've heard is correct, we'll be absolutely safe....

Don't think it's Howe/Wolanin in the box seat anyway. There's another consortium allegedly at quite an advanced stage with a bid. If what I've heard is correct, we'll be absolutely safe....

Today 11:56 AM #47509 pfc123

Brian Howe is wealthy but not to the extent that he can buy and sort pfc's problems on his own. His best friend however is vince wolanin, who runs several aviation, media production and property development companies. Vince is the man with the money. They were blind sided by mandaric in 1999, but have renewed negotiations again this time around. Brian was lead singer/songwriter for the reformed bad company band that were very big in the states....

Question, when you posted the above this morning why did you not mention the fact that you had heard they are not in the box seat?

Question, when you posted the above this morning why did you not mention the fact that you had heard they are not in the box seat?

Probably because he's heard another rumour from some numpty in the pub - you know, those ultra reliable ITKers!

I presume that your source is a highly placed person at pompey who you see socially every couple of weeks and that your new owners are so minted that they make Abramovitch look poor.

We expect our pet Skates to come up with this isort of rubbish. Please do not disappoint us.

Edited by Tamesaint

Suppose someone may have put this up, but thougth I would incase;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9014275/Bolton-Wanderers-must-avoid-Premier-League-relegation-to-tackle-110m-debt.html

Bolton, if relegated are not going to be in a good place me thinks, about the same dept as pompy had!!! (although I'm sure they have more assets)

Wouldnt have considered them as BIG spenders, however looking back its reported they spent 10m on Johan Elmander only to release him on a free 3 years later?

Also paid 4m for Ngog, and in 2010 spent 23m on Paul Robinson + Sam Ricketts + Zat Knight + Chung Yong Lee

8m on Anelka sometime back too

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

Suppose someone may have put this up, but thougth I would incase;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9014275/Bolton-Wanderers-must-avoid-Premier-League-relegation-to-tackle-110m-debt.html

Bolton, if relegated are not going to be in a good place me thinks, about the same dept as pompy had!!! (although I'm sure they have more assets)

Ouch, so they reduced their net loss to only £26m for the last year!!!! Based on a season when they got to the FA cup semi-final, and if the owner has only got £60m left then it's not long before they'll come crashing down.

Wouldnt have considered them as BIG spenders, however looking back its reported they spent 10m on Johan Elmander only to release him on a free 3 years later?

Elmander was at the end of his contract so a free agent rather than being released, but given the rest of the article, there is no way they could afford to offer him a new contract. They may well survive this season as I think Coyle will turn it around there, but with 12 players out of contract in the summer, they are going to be struggling again next season.

Voldermorts comments after the game -

"It was not a sending off, it was harsh. I do not think it was a two-footed challenge and it was not a tackle from behind.

"The biggest disappointment was I have never seen a red card pulled out of a pocket so quickly in my life. We were put on the back foot after that.

"It was not a penalty. It was harsh. I think there was two or three West Ham players refereeing the game. We should have had a handball at the end as well.

"You need the referee to be strong and I do not think he was. I felt some of the West Ham players were having an influence on his decisions."

Add that to 3 yellows and a red and it's like Clotterill never left ........ keep it up Appy!!

Well, let's work it out shall we? If I comment on one potential buyer in the morning and then later in the day say I've heard that they might not in the box seat any longer, it might not take the massive logic of Steven hawking, albert Einstein and Freud to deduce that I'd heard something between first and second post, hmmm?

For the record, it's probably a ****** rumor anyway, but it did come from someone who has been right on the money before, so who knows?

Looks like Hreidarsson off to Coventry on a free.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/great-matches/fans_favourite_poised_to_leave_pompey_1_3422060

Will they get a cheap loan in or spend money they don't have?

1) But aren't Coventry broke as well?

2) Doesn't he have some fantastic record about always getting his club relegated?

Nice that not only is Ben Haim costing them over £30k per week, but also that he cost them the points yesterday....

He's almost becoming 'Agent Tal'... :lol:

didn't they renegotiate his deal down in the summer to about £20k a week and no resigning on clause having reach x amount of games? That was what I was unreliably told by a skate some time back.

is that some sort if desperate attempt to get the FL to allow them to bring one having let one go out despite the embargo? Perhaps they are going to try for the less than 20 players trick again.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})