Saints v Swindon - Build up

marc_saint

Another big game, and hopefully another decent crowd (anyone know how many we've sold yet?)

It's another must win game if we're to have any chance of making the play offs.

I really couldn't handle Swindon doing the double over us with me living in Swindon, and I'm going for a 2-0 win for Saints. Lambert and Barnard with one each.

Didn't realise we had this game until I was told yesterday. Looking forward to it as I was at the away game in August. That game will long live in the memory as one of the worst games I've ever witnessed, so hopefully we can get a bit of revenge.

We're at home, we're on fire at Fortress St. Mary's. I can see it being 2-0 Saints as well. Puncheon and Lambert to score.

Huge. Just been looking at the BBC predictor which I tend to do in chunks because otherwise it does my head in. I reckon when we walk out at Wembley we could be just 7 points off Swindon in 6th. I have them losing to us and then losing at home to Naarwich. In the mean time we beat them, win at Franchise FC (they were so crap twice at St Marys) and then beat Hartlepool at home. SO we make up nine points... game on!!!

(still think we'll finish eighth - running out of time to make up the points difference - but we can all dream...)

Expect a comfortable win, especially as Swindon only just managed a 1-0 over Brighton on Saturday, but its not a 'must win game for the play-offs'. Tranmere away was conceivably the last 'must win' game and we lost, although after the drawn away games at Brentford, Exeter and Wycombe, even the Tranmere game may have been too late to rescue a play-off chance. Even if we hadn't dropped the 9 points that we did over those 4 games, we'd be 7 points behind Swindon with a game in hand - still not a certainty - but 16 points is a completely unrealistic gap to bridge with only 12 games to go.

Massive game for me, growing up in Hungerford I've got a lot of mates that are Swindon fans, losing to them twice this season would mean a horrid amount of abuse from them.

Also went to school with Charlie Austin, typical big time Charlie that you see in most of today's players, so ****y and arrogant all through school, hate the thought of him scoring against us, so hopefully Fonte and Jaidi will keep him quiet.

Swindon are on a brilliant run, better than Leeds of late, but we stopped Huddersfield when they were firing on all cylinders so I think we can do it. 3-1 SAINTS.

No they're not, 1 win in last 4, 0-4 home defeat against the Gas and 1-2 against MK Dons. Lucky to get 1-0 at the Withdean yesterday where Brighton can't win, hardly a great run.

Still I also think we will beat Swindon 3-1. It would be good to wipe the smile of the local mongs

Massive game for me, growing up in Hungerford I've got a lot of mates that are Swindon fans, losing to them twice this season would mean a horrid amount of abuse from them.

Also went to school with Charlie Austin, typical big time Charlie that you see in most of today's players, so ****y and arrogant all through school, hate the thought of him scoring against us, so hopefully Fonte and Jaidi will keep him quiet.

Same, I've got a mate who is a massive Swindon fan and to see us play like we did last time was unbearable.

If we replicate our home form of late I am confident.

Expect a comfortable win, especially as Swindon only just managed a 1-0 over Brighton on Saturday, but its not a 'must win game for the play-offs'. Tranmere away was conceivably the last 'must win' game and we lost, although after the drawn away games at Brentford, Exeter and Wycombe, even the Tranmere game may have been too late to rescue a play-off chance. Even if we hadn't dropped the 9 points that we did over those 4 games, we'd be 7 points behind Swindon with a game in hand - still not a certainty - but 16 points is a completely unrealistic gap to bridge with only 12 games to go.

If we win our game in hand over Swindon and beat them Tuesday it will be 10 points in 10 games needed to catch them. That is not an unrealistic gap. Tough but doable with a combination of good form and a bit of luck.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I broke my toe today. I need some cheering up.

Saints 6 Swindon Town 0 would do it. :-D

(Sod the scoreline, any Saints win would do)

Don't tell me, your missus stamped on your feet after she found out about your drink with Miss Boobs 2010.

Don't tell me, your missus stamped on your feet after she found out about your drink with Miss Boobs 2010.

:-D No, I'd receive much more punishment than a broken toe, I can assure you! (Don't run indoors, rookie mistake...)

This is a huge game to me. Not only for the fact I hate Swindon, but from having to endure the worst away game I've ever encountered at their sorry excuse of a football ground. I want revenge. We were a poor team back then. We're a different prospect now. I hope we absolutely stuff them!

(We should also just have one kiosk serving the away fans food, so they have to form a single, mile long queue, then only put 20% of the stock in so they run out of food after 10mins!)

Hope we can keep this awesome run at home going. Seriously considering waking up at 4:45 am to listen to it on Saints player. If I commit to that then Saints should have the decency to stuff them to make it worth the while.

We need to beat Swindon, they are a small club, and we should be in those playoffs instead of them. Maybe too late for for us now, but lets put the pressure on 'em by winning tonight. 2-0

Got a couple of mates who played vs him this season when he was at Poole, and he was giving it the big time act then aswell. However having said that it's pretty staggering what he's achieved since going there.

I'm going to this one looking forward to it.We're at home, so 4-1 to us might not be unreasonable. Digging around on the net it seems Swindon could have up to five first teamers out injured and only one fit striker.

Swindon fans think they are going to play 4-5-1 as they did at Brighton to strangle midfield. That could make for a tight game. Playing a lone striker up front against our back four won't give them much joy I reckon. but flooding midfield might make it hard for us.

................Looking forward to it as I was at the away game in August. That game will long live in the memory as one of the worst games I've ever witnessed, so hopefully we can get a bit of revenge.

We're at home, we're on fire at Fortress St. Mary's. I can see it being 2-0 Saints as well. Puncheon and Lambert to score.

I think a lot of us who were there will agree with that.

But it really shows how we have progressed since the first couple of months of the season. As AP said over the weekend in response to snide comments from Simon Grayson.........

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article7061600.ece

“We didn’t have a team at the start of the year,” he said. “We didn’t have a pre-season. We almost went an extra ten points behind. We were actually 20 points behind, in my view. But we’ve slowly clawed it back. Anybody who has seen our last ten games would have to say we are a good side in this division and we now need to prove that we’re the best.”

also in the Times this morning in Tony Cascarinos Fiver,

South Coast takes accolade for turning out in numbers

There were 27,342 at the Middlesbrough v Newcastle match at the Riverside Stadium, some way short of the 35,100 capacity. More impressive was the attendance at St Mary’s for Southampton’s 1-0 win over Leeds in Coca-Cola League One, where a crowd of 30,794 was close to the 32,689 maximum. A case of South Coast fervour beats North East fever?

Hope we can keep this awesome run at home going. Seriously considering waking up at 4:45 am to listen to it on Saints player. If I commit to that then Saints should have the decency to stuff them to make it worth the while.

We need to beat Swindon, they are a small club, and we should be in those playoffs instead of them. Maybe too late for for us now, but lets put the pressure on 'em by winning tonight. 2-0

If you do decide to wake up early tomorrow morning you'll be 24 hours ahead of match schedule.

Suggest you log on Weds morning your time m8! :-)

well according to that they have only sold 1,150 so far, so they must be expecting another 900 to buy today + pay on the gate.

I thought they would bring closer to 3000 as this is a big game for them both in league position and almost a local derby.

Would be good to see a crowd over 22k for this one.

Didn't realise we had this game until I was told yesterday. Looking forward to it as I was at the away game in August. That game will long live in the memory as one of the worst games I've ever witnessed, so hopefully we can get a bit of revenge.

Exactly this

If they do play 4-5-1 I think that'll be a mistake on their part. There's no way one striker is going to really trouble Jaidi and Fonte, and this will allow Harding and who ever is playing right back to push forward and help the midfield, who should be capable of breaking them down even without the fullbacks.

I have several Swindon supporting friends, they've mocked me mercilessly ever since the shocking performance at their shed of a ground.

I was in the away end and they outed me!! Bastards!

They haven't got the ******** to come down to SMS, but i will be there tomorrow. It is probably fitting that this was postponed and rearranged, revenge is a dish best served cold!!!!

Before winning at Brighton they'd lost 2 out of their last 3 including 2-1 away to MK Dons who I think we'll all agree have been gash every time we've played them this season. Simply put if we play like we have been recently at SMS then it's going to take something special to stop us. With that in mind I'm going for 3-0 Saints.

we need a team in 5th or 6th to have a horrible run of results for us to even consider making the playoffs, because at this rate even if we win every remaining game it still looks unlikely!

Huddersfield have gone off the rails a bit since we thrashed them 5-0, hopefully we can do the same thing to Swindon...

we need a team in 5th or 6th to have a horrible run of results for us to even consider making the playoffs, because at this rate even if we win every remaining game it still looks unlikely!

Huddersfield have gone off the rails a bit since we thrashed them 5-0, hopefully we can do the same thing to Swindon...

Agreed other than it being unlikely IF we win every match (win every game = 83 points = play offs a certainty). Assuming we beat Swindon how many points do people realistically think they will gain over their last ten matches?