A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO THE FANS FOR YOUR SUPPORT................Not!

countysaint

Am I the only Saints fan to be left feeling a bit short changed today?

The first time since 1976 the club has won a trophy at Wembley and the club didn't see fit to thank the supporters for their backing, by parading the JPT around the pitch before kick off!

This was an opportunity missed if you ask me, to add a few onto the gate today. If the club had announced that in the event of a victory in the JPT then the players would do a lap of honour before the L O game, then there would have been more bums on seats today.

After all we managed to get something like 51000 to Wembley so where were all the JCL today?

I feel a bit let down by the club today, what are your thoughts?:(

The day out at Wembley was nice but when alls said and done it was a tin pot trophy and everyone needs to focus on the important thing now - winning every week in the league and sneaking into the play-offs.

The first time since 1976 the club has won a trophy at Wembley and the club didn't see fit to thank the supporters for their backing, by parading the JPT around the pitch before kick off!

This was an opportunity missed if you ask me, to add a few onto the gate today. If the club had announced that in the event of a victory in the JPT then the players would do a lap of honour before the L O game, then there would have been more bums on seats today.

After all we managed to get something like 51000 to Wembley so where were all the JCL today?

Would have been too much of a distraction today. Had we nothing to play for then I am sure they would have paraded it.

Think its a dead cert it will be displayed after the Southend game......as long as the over enthusiastic stay off the pitch !

I was more upset about the missing fans. 30,000 must have been washing their hair or shopping?

We want to see the trophy and I think after the last home game of the season would be best (unless this is the 1st leg of the play off semi final- then we need to keep it for pre-season)

I dont have a problem with this. I would prefer the open-top parade as in 1976, to be honest.

Not because I want more pomp, but there is still a job to be done over the next 7 games, and I think doing as you were hoping for would distract from the focus of what are very important games. If the team got the accolade of the crowd, they would sit back and relay in the game even more than they did today.

Yes, lets have a celebration, but separate from match day.

:fball: All i care about was saints getting 3 points, job done be happy :D

I was more upset about the missing fans. 30,000 must have been washing their hair or shopping?

I tell you where I was - skint from forking out for the wembley weekend! Not everyone can afford to go to every game and I hate the attitude of some that unless you go to every game, you aren't a 'proper' fan!

Don't know about you but I would have found it a bit cringeworthy had the club paraded the JPT trophy around. At the end of the day, it's not the most prestigious of trophies and we should really be concentrating on winning our remaining fixtures with the aim being to sneak into the top six.

Edited by Bailey

Don't know about you but I would have found it a bit cringeworthy had the club paraded the JPT trophy around. At the end of the day, it's not the most prestigious if trophies and we should really be concentrating on winning our remaining fixtures with the aim being to sneak into the top six.

Exactly it defies belief that the club would revel so much in winning this trophy. It was a great day, we all wanted to win but now it's time to move on.

Here is to 7 wins and 78 points and then we can really celebrate! :p

I tell you where I was - skint from forking out for the wembley weekend! Not everyone can afford to go to every game and I hate the attitude of some that unless you go to every game, you aren't a 'proper' fan!

+1, I'm still paying for it.

Don't know about you but I would have found it a bit cringeworthy had the club paraded the JPT trophy around. At the end of the day, it's not the most prestigious of trophies and we should really be concentrating on winning our remaining fixtures with the aim being to sneak into the top six.

Agree with this, but they should definitely have it with them for the lap of honour after the Southend game.

Ugh???? This explains why you are not there to motivate the team........

Priorities. eh?

Would have been inappropriate today. Anyway, 45K+ Saints supporters saw them parade the trophy at Wembley, why parade it to 21000, most of whom were probably at W? The target, however distant, is 6th place, parading the JPT is not on the radar at the moment.

We want to see the trophy and I think after the last home game of the season would be best (unless this is the 1st leg of the play off semi final- then we need to keep it for pre-season)

Well i went to wembley but i was working, only games i went back to back to this season was mk dons then pompey.

So im a plastic fan ;)

they are doing it at the last game of the season.

I hope only if we have failed to get into 6th. Otherwise forget it, we will have 2 or 3 more critical games to play. Why do we need to parade it anyway, didn't 45k+ Saints see it paraded at Wembley (apart from the twonks who left early of course).

We had 21,000 today, which is a very good show.

A heck of a lot of people spent a lot of cash to make the JPT final.

It's also Easter weekend - I thought there were many less families/kids than usual.

Great comments by Pardew on the OS about today's game btw. Top bloke, top manger.

I thought they would have, and I was sort of hoping they would have, I wanted to celebrate our Wembley win a bit more.

With hindsight, I'm glad they didn't, might have cost us 3 points yesterday, we only just scraped them as it was. The only player that trophy seems to have helped is Lallana, he looked like he thought he could do anything yesterday, and it was just enough in the end.