Schneiderlins Red

Kingsbridge Saint

Just watched it on Saints Player. Did anyone else get a different angle? It looks to me like he's just felled the Yeovil player with a bog standard yellow card chop after being repeatedly elbowed in the face right in front of the linesman. For me it was probably a yellow card each and play on. Did their guy get a yellow? In any case unless there was something else that can't be seen on Saints Player it looks a harsh straight red, and the officials were poor not to pull up the elbow work first.

Just watched it on Saints Player. Did anyone else get a different angle? It looks to me like he's just felled the Yeovil player with a bog standard yellow card chop after being repeatedly elbowed in the face right in front of the linesman. For me it was probably a yellow card each and play on. Did their guy get a yellow? In any case unless there was something else that can't be seen on Saints Player it looks a harsh straight red, and the officials were poor not to pull up the elbow work first.

The BBC highlights showed what I assume was the exact same clip, blatant elbow by their player (who did get booked), but no real complaints about Morgan getting red for kicking out really. Pretty stupid thing to do right under the linesman's nose.

If our manager and club staff have no complaints then why should we? Sometimes you need to take off the rose tinted specs!

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8106229.Pardew_has_no_complaints_over_Schneiderlin_red_card/

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2027750,00.html

I was in the home end behind the goal and thought it was a yellow card only...Referee seemed to get a bit carried away by the Yeovil fans going crazy. To be fair though, the ref did well not to send Fonte off. My Yeovil supporting mate thought the two punishments should have been reversed.

I think the red was more for the intent... if you just look at the tackle in isolation it might've been a yellow, but it was so clear that it was 'afters' to the tussle just before, and it was pretty obvious he wasn't going for the ball.

spot on. However I never could get my head round the idea that wacking someone was worth a yellow but wacking them back equals a red. What's even more gauling is that Schneiderlin got a red for `raising his hands' at MK Dons (quashed I know) yet this fella only get a yellow for elbowing him in the head.

A bit harsh IMO. The kind of thing that Paul Scholes would get a yellow card and "isn't he combative little terrier" kind of comment for. Should have been a yellow each or a red each.

Either way, MS has been petulant and dirty all season. I like to see it sometimes but hopefully this will help his development. You'd like to think we won't miss him in the upcoming home games too much but Gillingham away could be tricky; their home defence is superb.

If our manager and club staff have no complaints then why should we? Sometimes you need to take off the rose tinted specs!

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8106229.Pardew_has_no_complaints_over_Schneiderlin_red_card/

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2027750,00.html

Of course, but if the other guy was mixing it, too then it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Hitting the other player first is never punished as hard as the retaliation (?) ..if as suggested the Yeovil player was thumping MS first :smt064 then sensible officials should either give both a yellow..or both a red.:smt062

Think the ref. bottled it and got rid of the problem by sending him off.

.if MS was " guilty " and the Yeovil player was innocent ...why did he get a yellow card:smt102

From the camera view it could possibly have been not much but the ref and others were closer.

He took a swing at him cause of losing his cool when being elbowed in the face. Personally I would have lost it completly but then thats one of the reasons I never got onto the school football team.

had he not taken a kick at him the other guy could have been been off as the elbow was out of order but you cant expect backing from the ref when you take the law into your own hands.

Pards has stated that he will be fined and he seems hacked off that morgan has put the end of season "at risk" and he had a better view than the camera angle.

I still don't understand why it is a four match ban. Is this because he has been booked so many times as well?

If it is for having a red card that was subsequently rescinded then that is clearly stupid and the rules are clearly stupid.

I still don't understand why it is a four match ban. Is this because he has been booked so many times as well?

If it is for having a red card that was subsequently rescinded then that is clearly stupid and the rules are clearly stupid.

The red card itself at MK Dons wasn't rescinded. They merely changed the period of suspension to one game, which he had already served by the time the appeal was heard anyway.

As a result, the 4-game ban is because it's his second red card of the season.

Pards has stated that he will be fined and he seems hacked off that morgan has put the end of season "at risk" and he had a better view than the camera angle.

Bit of a slap in the balls for our "squad midfielders" there then.

So OK Paul you're in again but as you're crap it's OK if we lose,it's Morgan's fault anyway"

So OK Paul you're in again but as you're crap it's OK if we lose,it's Morgan's fault anyway"

I seriously doubt he's said that. I'm also fairly certain that Wotton will be aware he isn't as good as Schneiderlin.

I seriously doubt he's said that. I'm also fairly certain that Wotton will be aware he isn't as good as Schneiderlin.

AP said that Morgan has put the "end of the season at risk" in his prematch piece on the OS, has been quite heavily fined internally.

I just think it's a bit of a rebuff for the others really, that our whole season's end may or may not depend on the suspension of one 20 year old lad.

Sometimes it's better to say nowt about owt.

I don't think misspelling 'colours' is clever.

I live in America, so there's no misspelling. My sister still goes to games tho and keeps me in the loop. In fact she said she was going to start writing a blog for me to keep up with her matchday experiences. Hopefully she'll make it private tho to keep you animals from cracking on to her LOL!

Looked like a hack-out-the-opponent's-legs-off-the-ball straight red for violent conduct to me.

The red card itself at MK Dons wasn't rescinded. They merely changed the period of suspension to one game, which he had already served by the time the appeal was heard anyway.

As a result, the 4-game ban is because it's his second red card of the season.

That's equally ridiculous.

Was it violent conduct or not? If it was, red card, 3 match suspension. If it wasn't, no red card, no suspension.

You can't get a red card for violent conduct and a one match ban can you?

Stupid rules, stupid football.

I think Schneiderlin's red card has cost us - we miss him when he's not in the side. He needs to seriously work on his discipline.

I know that this observation will be met with the "one man doesn't maketh a team" response but he is one of our most influencial players at the moment.

I think Schneiderlin's red card has cost us - we miss him when he's not in the side. He needs to seriously work on his discipline.

More importantly we miss not having wotton/james/gillett in the team when he's not in the side. that's what we miss.

Coming out of January without a third decent central midfielder was unwise.

This red card cost us the small chance we had of a play off place. We really dont play well without Schneiderlin and I feel he may well have played his last game as well :(

It was SO noticable that every time Wotton got the ball last night play ground to a halt that I called his replacement by James at half time.

As it happened James did things more quickly but wasn't any more effective as he was giving it away a lot, and as he had no defensive duties at all it also made sense to give him the hook to throw on a striker for the last 20 minutes.

Pardew made all the right choices from half time (can't blame him for putting Wotton in at the start either, he wasn't to know Oldham would offer nothing going forward) and it was just one of those days you can't afford when you're chasing a ten point deduction and slow start.

I wouldnt say that and im sure Wotton understands that he is not the creative player that morgan is. We dont really have a replacement in the same mold as Morgan so when he is out we notice it more. If we lose a winger or striker or defender we have squad members that can fill in to do the same job. Wotton for Morgan changes the midfield completly.

It was SO noticable that every time Wotton got the ball last night play ground to a halt that I called his replacement by James at half time.

As it happened James did things more quickly but wasn't any more effective as he was giving it away a lot, and as he had no defensive duties at all it also made sense to give him the hook to throw on a striker for the last 20 minutes.

Pardew made all the right choices from half time (can't blame him for putting Wotton in at the start either, he wasn't to know Oldham would offer nothing going forward) and it was just one of those days you can't afford when you're chasing a ten point deduction and slow start.

I know some have questioned subbing the sub but looking at the line up he was the only defensive player we had on the pitch that could be subbed for an attacking player when things were becoming more desperate.

I cant see how Pards could have done anything else other than poking the ref in the eyes to give him an excuse for not seeing blatent penalty's.