St Etienne interested in Schneiderlin

The rumour I most feared this summer has started today in The Sun. This is from the BBC Gossip section. Hopefully nothing in it.

Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 19, is a £1m target for French team St Etienne. (The Sun)

If he wants to go, he will go .... Simple as that

When is the last time you have heard ANY Club, or ANY player say

"I do not want to leave "

"We have no plans to sell" or "I am happy here" is NOT saying a player won't go .... they ALWAYS keep their options open

My opinion ??? FWIW .....Third Division in the UK, v Higher Grade Footy

,,,, No contest:cool::rolleyes::D

If they are Ligue 1 I expect he will go. Reasons being, the suggestions he wasn't happy about having to play in League 1 last Summer and the apparent uneasy relationship with Pardew. However, I HOPE he doesn't as he's been good this season.

If they are Ligue 1 I expect he will go. Reasons being, the suggestions he wasn't happy about having to play in League 1 last Summer and the apparent uneasy relationship with Pardew. However, I HOPE he doesn't as he's been good this season.

I beg your pardon?

not if the player wants out and kicks up a fuss

Of course, if the owners have enough money not to care about taking a hit then they can play hard ball... Kick up a fuss son and you can spend the next 2 years training alone without a game. From what we've seen of Cortese so far, it wouldn't suprise me.

Of course, if the owners have enough money not to care about taking a hit then they can play hard ball... Kick up a fuss son and you can spend the next 2 years training alone without a game. From what we've seen of Cortese so far, it wouldn't suprise me.

in real life, this never happens

in real life, this never happens

To be fair, there arent many examples of Billionaire clubs in the 3rd tier. The fact is unlike the Premier League, someone like Ronaldo or Fabregas eventually gets sold in these circumstances because they are on £100k+ a week but if Morgan kicked up a fuss, we'd have no trouble covering his c.£5k a week wages until a potential suitor offered what we thought he was worth which would be a lot more than £1m.

To be fair, there arent many examples of Billionaire clubs in the 3rd tier. The fact is unlike the Premier League, someone like Ronaldo or Fabregas eventually gets sold in these circumstances because they are on £100k+ a week but if Morgan kicked up a fuss, we'd have no trouble covering his c.£5k a week wages until a potential suitor offered what we thought he was worth which would be a lot more than £1m.

still...it never happens..£2m (a potential fee for morgan) or so is a huge amount of money in league 1...we could buy a whole new team with that rather than have that asset sat in the reserves with its value decreasing rapidly..

but, that never happens in real life

If he wants to go, he will go .... Simple as that

When is the last time you have heard ANY Club, or ANY player say

"I do not want to leave "

"We have no plans to sell" or "I am happy here" is NOT saying a player won't go .... they ALWAYS keep their options open

My opinion ??? FWIW .....Third Division in the UK, v Higher Grade Footy

,,,, No contest:cool::rolleyes::D

How about Kelvin not moving to West Ham?

shame some didn't appreciate his ability when he was here and wanted to knock him.

Indeed. Still, when he first came I heard from somewhere that he was bought to develop and sell on to raise a bit of cash. Now that we don't need the money as desparately it will be interesting to see if we keep hold of him.

I don't think so, midfield general in the top league 1 team who best days are yet to come or bit part player in a 90's indie dance band who's best days are clearly behind them.

Someone had to do it.

more breakbeat than indie dance.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Who has got him to play better than ever before. :smt102

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
wasnt Napoleon Italian ? born and raised in Corsica was he not maybe im wrong ?

Corsica = France

Sardinia = Italy

10 miles apart

He is decent at this level and obviously is in our best XI but wouldn't be the end of the world IMO if he went if we got an able replacement. I'd be far more concerned at losing Lambert or Lallana

Still think he's over rated though and 1 goal in 2 seasons is laughable really.

Edited by Colbury

He is decent at this level and is in our best XI but wouldn't be the end of the world if he went if we got an able replacement.

Still think he's over rated though and 1 goal in 2 seasons is laughable really.

if he was a striker it would be laughable, but he's not. He's not in the team to score goals so i think it's harsh he's hit with that stick.

If he goes we will not attract anyone with as much potential, or as talented as him until we're back in the premiership. So it would be a massive blow.

Can anyone please give me an example of a game where he toook a game by the scruff of the neck and dominated. He is playing in the 3rd teir of English football and to me has not been head and shoulders above all others. I thought there were at least 4 teams midfields who came to SMS and made ours look average. Swindon being 1

they'd have to pay alot more than that to have any chance.

How much do you think he's worth then? When there was a round of speculation surrounding Lallana people on here were insisting he was worth 5 mil. which was embarrassingly wrong IMHO.

These are kids who've tried their luck in a higher division without any great success. Much as I'm happy to have them they have a value.

My gut feeling is that he'll stay.

We managed to keep hold of him last season and we were in a terrible position then. Now we have wealthy new owners and as a club, we're going places. The French boss even told Schneiderlin to leave if he wanted to be considered at international level but he resisted any move and he's still being selected, so that's not an issue.

If all goes to plan, next season we'll be promoted from League One and hopefully MS will have a league championship to add to his CV. Another year in a side with a winning mentality will be good for the players' development and whilst I don't doubt that he'll leave one day as he has plenty of potential, I think he'll remain a Saint for the forthcoming season.

How much do you think he's worth then? When there was a round of speculation surrounding Lallana people on here were insisting he was worth 5 mil. which was embarrassingly wrong IMHO.

These are kids who've tried their luck in a higher division without any great success. Much as I'm happy to have them they have a value.

2-2.5m, they'd have to double their offer. Selling him for just £1m would be silly, because we bought him for "up to" 1.2m.

I wouldn't say his value has reduced in the last 2 years.

If we lose him we are in big big trouble.

Easily our best player last year, that being said if Pardew has anything about him he would already be aware of this and so would be looking for either a 'he is not going' or a lot more than £1m.

I fear St Etienne won't be the only team looking at him mind.

Easily our best player last year, that being said if Pardew has anything about him he would already be aware of this and so would be looking for either a 'he is not going' or a lot more than £1m.

I have to disagree with that bit, lambo was by miles. 22 assists and 37 goals says it all.

The rest of it i agree with.

I have to disagree with that bit, lambo was by miles. 22 assists and 37 goals says it all.

The rest of it i agree with.

Agreed he had a great season however i saw him be completely negated at times by defenders that got the better of him. Leeds for example.

The way i saw it was that when Schneiderlin was ticking away, saints did also. He is such a great passer of the ball and one we miss when he is not there.

I always find it interesting when players divide opinion : And Morgan really does do that. I've no idea why though - We always look a bit clueless when he's not in the side. Morgan just keeps us ticking over, keeping it nice and simple.

Very much hope he stays too, but i'm certainly not suprised that people are interested, especially when he was playing well in the youth tournament recently.

Agreed he had a great season however i saw him be completely negated at times by defenders that got the better of him. Leeds for example.

The way i saw it was that when Schneiderlin was ticking away, saints did also. He is such a great passer of the ball and one we miss when he is not there.

I have to disagree as well, not once did I see a defender regularly get the better of Lambert.

Can't agree with that - Lambert\Connolly\Fonte are better and several others in the team are at least as good IMO.

He's a decent midfielder at this level and may go on to become decent at a higher level but I won't be losing any sleep if he goes.

I've seen much better players than Schneiderlin go and we survived OK.

I have to disagree as well, not once did I see a defender regularly get the better of Lambert.

Saw it a few times, problem is when he gets dominated by bigger CB's it takes him out of the game.

Have to agree with Supersaint too, when Schneiderlin does not play, we seem to lack ideas.

This argument has more holes in it than 2pac's vest.

For a start Lambert was hardly ever negated by defenders. There were times when he was playing as the lone striker and had bugger all service, but that wasn't his fault. Schneiderlin did have bad games. I'm pretty sure he played in both Swindon games and our midfield was terrible in both of them. We've also had games where we've played brilliantly but Schneiderlin wasn't on the pitch, such as the JPT final.