Worried...

Ok, so let me just put these down in no order, but all this has happened over the last few months, and I'm wondering what's going on...

- Last day of season, no programmes available, no reasons given.

- Liebherr nowhere to be seen on Times rich list.

- Season tickets give no option to pay over time, want money up front.

Do people get the feeling we may be in fiscal trouble, or is NC trying to prove that you can get worse club to fan communication than Rupert Lowe?

None of the Liebherr siblings ever seem to be on a rich list. Pretty sure Liebherr is worth a few quid though.

As for the programmes - whilst it might be odd, there is no link between it and anything else.

With regards to money up front - if that was the concern they would have gone on sale in March.

The only thing I'm worried about is signing a good CM or two, a couple of RBs and a pacy striker.

Ok, so let me just put these down in no order, but all this has happened over the last few months, and I'm wondering what's going on...

Do people get the feeling we may be in fiscal trouble, or is NC trying to prove that you can get worse club to fan communication than Rupert Lowe?

The club would receive all the money up front anyway. Those paying in installments are paying a finance company

So if ML has ditched us already, will you all be so pleased about the results against Exeter, Brentford, Wycombe, Colchester, Swindon...

If what you are insinuating has come to pass, dont forget that some of us were warning that this could happen...

Surely that would have cost the club money? Not a sign of a club in financial trouble.

Liebherr isn't from this country.

If they were desperate for cashflow, they'd have released the season tickets in March.

So if ML has ditched us already, will you all be so pleased about the results against Exeter, Brentford, Wycombe, Colchester, Swindon...

If what you are insinuating has come to pass, dont forget that some of us were warning that this could happen...

Do be quiet.

Remind us what your solution was, will you?

I would suggest you direct that comment to those that are whining their arses off.

I dont believe for one moment that is what has happened, but I am pointing out that the OP is absurd.

I'm not suprised you've jumped onto his angle of thought.

which is totally and utterly wrong by the way. We are in no debt and are currently running within our means.

Markus doesn't have to prop us up every week, what i believe happend is he has dumped a wad of his cash into an account (say 50m) which is what the club will use to buy players, improve the club etc.

he's not topping us up every week.

I'm not suprised you've jumped onto his angle of thought.

which is totally and utterly wrong by the way. We are in no debt and are currently running within our means.

Markus doesn't have to prop us up every week, what i believe happend is he has dumped a wad of his cash into an account (say 50m) which is what the club will use to buy players, improve the club etc.

he's not topping us up every week.

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

i'm not ITK or anything, just a couple of people i talk to have refered to this - which i think seems quite a logical way of working it.

I guessed the amount - i have no idea what he could have put into an account, but it does seem a sensible way of doing it.

How do you know this?

There was a quote a while back where they said that Cortese and Pardew sat down and discussed how much it would cost to get stabilised in the Prem from where we are now, and then they asked for the funds from Liebherr. I'd imagine whatever they asked him for is the budget they are working within. £50million sounds about right.

if earth explodes tomorrow are have we all had happy lifes;)

There is no way the club is running within its means.

it is if you look at it in a way that we have a bank account with 50m in it. i'm not saying that's true, but didn't Nicola say in the last fan's forum that we were debt free and will now run within our means? i see no reason for him to lie about that.

Ok, here goes....Devil's Advocate alert....

Can someone post a link that PROVES that Markus is who we believe him to be (i.e. a Swiss billionaire) ?

Obviously all the signs are there based on circumstantial evidence but we don't have CONCLUSIVE evidence that he has hundreds of millions of pounds at his disposable, do we?

For example, how do we know that Cortese didn't finance the purchase of the club through his City contacts and signed up a Rich Billionaire Look-i-likey a la Markus Liebherr to make it all look like we've got a single rich owner....?

Supply 100% proof and I'll put such a daft conspiracy theory to bed.... ;-)

Ok, here goes....Devil's Advocate alert....

Can someone post a link that PROVES that Markus is who we believe him to be (i.e. a Swiss billionaire) ?

Obviously all the signs are there based on circumstantial evidence but we don't have CONCLUSIVE evidence that he has hundreds of millions of pounds at his disposable, do we?

For example, how do we know that Cortese didn't finance the purchase of the club through his City contacts and signed up a Rich Billionaire Look-i-likey a la Markus Liebherr to make it all look like we've got a single rich owner....?

Supply 100% proof and I'll put such a daft conspiracy theory to bed.... ;-)

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/LiebherrInternational-AG-Company-History.html

it is if you look at it in a way that we have a bank account with 50m in it. i'm not saying that's true, but didn't Nicola say in the last fan's forum that we were debt free and will now run within our means? i see no reason for him to lie about that.

I think most people would regard running within our means as only taking on commitments that are within our revenue streams.

I think It is fairly safe to say that SFC has over the last year entered into commitments that it wouldn't have been able to if it wasn't owned by a Billionaire.

Oh for goodness' sake give it a rest.

When he chucks it in it won't have anything to do with some crap results against crap teams in a league that was crap and that we were ten points behind when he bought us.

And if you want some "look at me" appreciation, at some point in the future Liebherr will stop funding Saints, you have predicted it already. Great stuff, really tricky that one.

No doubt at that point, no matter what the actual reasons, you'll probably claim it was due to some average away results in 2009/10, so well done, have a cookie.

can't believe you wrote this. What this says to me is just the opposite, and we have an owner who is wealthy enough that he doesn't disclose to the rags how wealthy he is. Not sure how the programmes issue could be seen as an indicator or not of wealth, just a ****-up with an advertiser or copyright. What is does show is that we are not going to be fed tittle-tattle every time something insignificant happens.

There is no way the club is running within its means.

Why? No mortgage and no interest charges, and crowds averaging more than 21k? The break even point last season with mortgage was said to be 15k I believe. OK, our wage bill has gone up, but our income has also, and our other outgoings have reduced dramatically

Why? No mortgage and no interest charges, and crowds averaging more than 21k? The break even point last season with mortgage was said to be 15k I believe. OK, our wage bill has gone up, but our income has also, and our other outgoings have reduced dramatically

1. Transfer fees.

2. Wage bill up considerably.

1. Transfer fees.

2. Wage bill up considerably.

Transfer fees, fair enough. But wages have gone up considerably? Have a word with yourself.

Last year we had the following players' salaries to contend with: David McGoldrick, Nathan Dyer; Andrew Surman; Bradley Wright-Phillips; Jason Euell; Stern John; Grzegorz Rasiak; Matthew Paterson; Marek Saganowski.

Do you really think that the players we have brought in are on collectively more than that little list?

Transfer fees, fair enough. But wages have gone up considerably? Have a word with yourself.

Last year we had the following players' salaries to contend with: David McGoldrick, Nathan Dyer; Andrew Surman; Bradley Wright-Phillips; Jason Euell; Stern John; Grzegorz Rasiak; Matthew Paterson; Marek Saganowski.

Do you really think that the players we have brought in are on collectively more than that little list?

didn't see this until I had replied.

totally agree, my guess is 08/09 compared with 09/10

09/10:

we had lower wage bill considerably

we had more season ticket holders

we had higher average gate

we had no mortgage

we had better cup runs

we had more tv coverage

we were in lower league

Guess is balance sheet looked pretty good.