Eastleigh Tonight

Give it to Ron

Of course they should. I dont see that excludes the possibility of trying the team you actually intend to fight this campaign with when given the chance, though...

That was how we started v Reading. Just had some first teamers who were carrying a knock or ill so some fringe players filled in.

No team will put out a full strength XI 5 days before the first game of the season in a meaningless local derby against non league opposition

Of course they should. I dont see that excludes the possibility of trying the team you actually intend to fight this campaign with when given the chance, though...

With 4 players out last Saturday are you honestly stating you would risk more in a pointless friendly? You would be criticising Pardew even more if we lost Barnard and the fragile Connoly!!!

What would Eastleigh offer that a good training session at Staplewood would't of shown AP already? He would know his starting line up already

and would of put them out in training games if fit. Are you seriously believing that Eastleigh are a better standard than our squad?

Mental. Totally f**king mental.

The only thing that is mental is people thinking this was going to be a 1st XI game. I bet Aaron Martin wouldn't have played except that it is against his old club, and was probably part of the deal to stage the game. Preseason for the 1st team finished on Saturday. Risking any first teamers against a Southern League (?) side 5 days before the first proper game of the season would be mental.

You're right. I think the whole pre-season has been utter w*nk.

Tbf I think you've been utter **** this pre-season. Apart from an inspired fat boy thread you haven't offered anything new at all and I'm disappointed. I paid my fiver in good faith to read you and for what? Some standard generic moaning - you're just going through the motions mate and you shouldn't take us for granted. I know it's just pre-season and you'll get better but surely you could experiment with some new themes and try them for size? Frankly I'm not confident going into this season - I expected world class moaning but so far it's been a bit dull. At this rate I'm going to have to go to games instead and that would be a shame..

The only thing that is mental is people thinking this was going to be a 1st XI game. I bet Aaron Martin wouldn't have played except that it is against his old club, and was probably part of the deal to stage the game. Preseason for the 1st team finished on Saturday. Risking any first teamers against a Southern League (?) side 5 days before the first proper game of the season would be mental.

As much a decent test of our fringe players/nippers against competitive Conference South opposition then anything else.

If they win it'll be a very good effort on their part.

Just back having watched the first half (I have an early start tomorrow).

Goodish game - had trouble recognising Saints players apart from Bart and the two centre-halves, Martin and Tafozellio (sp).

Oxlade-Chamberlain caught the eye though, very lively and dangerous - has grown a bit too.

Big crowd meant it was impossible to get a decent view.

Tbf I think you've been utter **** this pre-season. Apart from an inspired fat boy thread you haven't offered anything new at all and I'm disappointed. I paid my fiver in good faith to read you and for what? Some standard generic moaning - you're just going through the motions mate and you shouldn't take us for granted. I know it's just pre-season and you'll get better but surely you could experiment with some new themes and try them for size? Frankly I'm not confident going into this season - I expected world class moaning but so far it's been a bit dull. At this rate I'm going to have to go to games instead and that would be a shame..

:lol:

:lol:

Absolutely Vectis !

what if we played a few regulars and "someone " broke a leg .............it would be crazy and AP would be sectioned !

LOL - very good ;)

Goodish game - had trouble recognising Saints players apart from Bart and the two centre-halves, Martin and Tafozellio (sp).

Oxlade-Chamberlain caught the eye though, very lively and dangerous - has grown a bit too.

I hope O-C comes good - thought he looked a bit lightweight against Barnet but the talent is clearly there. Where was he playing btw? Anyone else look ready for the first team?

Good stuff Duncan.....More of the same......This is why I idolise you..Top man.

If anyone says you are a short ass ..I will hit them...

PS I have some stilts or my old orange box from the dell years....Especially for you when you go to games like this..

Do not let anyone annoy you Duncs..We will get them...

COYWs and the red sash

Absolutely. Plus no tiring travel or costs and good public relations with local sides. Interesting that FF says there was a good crowd, Saints fans needing a fix and Eastleigh seeing one of their ex-players making good perhaps? Maybe a bit expensive but income like that must be vital to a club like Eastleigh.

Incidentally heard loads more rumours tonight but I'm buggered if I am going to repeat them. They all sounded a bit crap any way.

Well, we expect a bit of selection and editing so we'll let you off this time if you think they were crap:-) Incidentally, no news of any Italian player...? I had heard...

I was just about to send him a txt to see if he was there. He's putting me up after the Plymouth game... I'm not driving anywhere.... Send my regards and ask red or white (or rose')?

Yes he does, a bit of a blind spot. But very sound views about The Echo!

I'm fuming Pardew didn't risk anymore of the, already dented, first-team squad against a conference south team that we have been forced to play. He's mental, you're all mental!

Nonsense, you're all mental and so is my wife.

The kids won 1-0, but we should have played our strongest possible 11 to smash them for no good reason.

Probably had to hit it long ball though didn't they? No decent technique just hit and lump. This shows shortfalls in the academy system particularly the coaching and infrastructure. Who's fault is that eh? Bl**dy Cortese the evil sod. He ran over my kitten today as well... yeah, my kitten. The world will end soon, hell will rise and rivers of blood will flow through Hampshire and its. all. his. fault.

On the other hand we did win tonight....

Just back from the game.

Hoskins in particular was brilliant, looked lively upfront and took his goal well then in the second half Garrod came on for Oxo-Chamberlain and Hoskins moved to the right and everything went through him. His first touch, passing and movement where all top draw, can't fault him on his performance tonight.

Both the lads on the left hand side where linking up and playing well, Reeves is a fantastic left back and the winger Isgrove (?) looked very assured on the ball.

Downsides where probably Pulis (suprising) who just isn't a footballer and Martin who looked very poor on the ball, every time he had the ball at his feet he would hoof it diagonally at one of our midget wingers. Was also a bit strange to play a right footer at left back, didn't look comfortble on the ball at all.

Was nice to see Lambert, Fonte, Jaidi, Hammond, Mills and a couple of other first teamers watching the game and signing a few autographs.

Just Back from the Game and really enjoyed it. The kids were very impressive as they kept the ball on the deck and outplayed Eastleigh.

Bart- Fantastic reaction stop but was inconsistent on crosses

Tafizoli and Martin - Both excellent in the air but less comfortable on the deck and Martin was very communicative in organising the team

Right back(Saville?) Good passer of the ball but could have got forward more

Reeves - Fantastic composure on the ball and linked up well with Isgrove at left back.We have 4 quality left backs now so plenty of depth there!!!

Isgrove(11)- A constant threat, quick and lively and dribbled well.

Pulis - not as bad as expected but didn't do much

Robinson- quiet but won a few nice tackles

Oxo- Definite potential with a few mazy runs but questions marks over his decision making

Hoskins - took goal fantastically, he played a bit like Barnard

Doble- quick and works hard but lacked a quality first touch

S

Was nice to see Lambert, Fonte, Jaidi, Hammond, Mills and a couple of other first teamers watching the game and signing a few autographs.

As someone on this forum would say 'Hope they was fit enough to do that as it could result in an injury.'

Just Back from the Game and really enjoyed it. The kids were very impressive as they kept the ball on the deck and outplayed Eastleigh.

Bart- Fantastic reaction stop but was inconsistent on crosses

Tafizoli and Martin - Both excellent in the air but less comfortable on the deck and Martin was very communicative in organising the team

Right back(Saville?) Good passer of the ball but could have got forward more

Reeves - Fantastic composure on the ball and linked up well with Isgrove at left back.We have 4 quality left backs now so plenty of depth there!!!

Isgrove(11)- A constant threat, quick and lively and dribbled well.

Pulis - not as bad as expected but didn't do much

Robinson- quiet but won a few nice tackles

Oxo- Definite potential with a few mazy runs but questions marks over his decision making

Hoskins - took goal fantastically, he played a bit like Barnard

Doble- quick and works hard but lacked a quality first touch

S

Sounds a bit like Theo!