Chaplow - signed a 2 and a half year deal - OFFICIAL

SuperSAINT

Chaplow will add something we are missing in midfield, a player that will put his foot in when needed hope he is fit enough to start Saturday.

I really doubt that he will start on Saturday (or at any other time whilst morgan and hammond are fit and available) unless we're going to go to a different midfield system and Puncheon gets dropped.

But he'll get a start against Tranmere i expect and by then Hammond might have got 5 cards.

Very happy to see this news. An energetic box-to-box midfielder who was good here the last time and who has experience; much happier with this than some prem academy player.

I would expect him to be on the bench Saturday, with getting a run out for perhaps 20-30 mins; with him replacing Morgan in the team for the following week.

Also pleased with the 'initial' one month. Hopefully he will produce the business so we extend the loan until January and then sign him on a permanent basis.

Can't Chaplow also play wide right' date=' if need be? Could be useful, if we want to go with a more combative midfield in some games, if so.[/quote']

he's a box to box midfielder. He can probably play on the right but thats definately not his position. I liked him last time round. Great engine and stretched the opposition. Decent touch and vision. Needs to score more goals IMO, hopefully the step down in league will give him the time and space to do just that.

Liked him when he was here before. Someone commented that he doesn't have pace, but he certainly wasn't slow (like Wooton for example).

Interesting comment from NA on the OS

He's an exceptional talent, unfortunately he's not been playing up at Preston for whatever reason, that's not for us to talk about,
. Makes you wonder, but coming back to a place he liked as is at least a bit familiar with might be the change he needs.

Can't Chaplow also play wide right' date=' if need be? Could be useful, if we want to go with a more combative midfield in some games, if so.[/quote']

My memory isn't what it used to be but I seem to recall that he is left footed and played LM a few times for us during his previous loan spell. I could well be wrong though.

Great signing. Welcome back. Also good to see all the positive comments on here. I love the way the club do business now as well. Not a sniff of this until the deal was nearly done. Professional.

ROFL. Like the signing of the new manager, interview/job offer to Howe etc etc very professional.

I always remember Chaplow as a wholehearted player, so hopefully thats still in him.

http://twitter.com/solentsport

"Richard Chaplow set to join #Saintsfc on loan for a second spell at the club, BBC Radio Solent understands"

On the face of it, a good aquisition, but makes me ask the question

Who is leaving in January ???

Lallana ??? Scneiderlin ??? Or BOTH ???

Methinks SFC are starting to "Cut the suit to fit the cloth "

What? At the moment this is for a month, if Chaplow was a replacement for someone leaving in January this would be a season long loan. NA had stated this is for more midfield backup options, and Lallana is no central midfielder.

Why on earth does us signing a player on a 1 MONTH loan make you ask any questions apart from will he play tomorrow? Some people..... Players may leave, players may come but none of that will have been affected by a ONE MONTH loan in October.

Why on earth does us signing a player on a 1 MONTH loan make you ask any questions apart from will he play tomorrow? Some people..... Players may leave, players may come but none of that will have been affected by a ONE MONTH loan in October.

Yes I do realise it is for an initial ONE MONTH

But, WHY get him in the first place ??? To show him the City ?? To take him to the Mayflower ???

NO, IMHO, to see if HCDAJFU

And if he does ok, are they likely to pat him on the back and send him back ??? Not IMHO. So, we will then have another Midfielder won't we, and we can't play all 28 Midfielders we have can we ???

So, IMHO, it paves the way for some of them to leave in January, ie Lallana and Scneiderlin, as they are the Two most like ly to want to GET IN A HIGHER LEAGUE than Division Three

But, WHY get him in the first place ??? To show him the City ?? To take him to the Mayflower ???

And if he does ok, are they likely to pat him on the back and send him back ??? Not IMHO. So, we will then have another Midfielder won't we, and we can't play all 28 Midfielders we have can we ???

So, IMHO, it paves the way for some of them to leave in January, ie Lallana and Scneiderlin, as they are the Two most like ly to want to GET IN A HIGHER LEAGUE than Division Three

Central midfielders we have: Guly (loan), Schneiderlin, Hammond, Wotton.

Wotton is injured, Guly may not be here long, Schneiderlin has 3 yellow cards and French U21 duty, Hammond has 4 yellows.

We have got Chaplow in to raise the game of our other central midfielders and be reliable backup. If Guly were to get injured before Tranmere next saturday we'd be down to Hammond and Pulis (God help us), so we NEED Chaplow for backup. If Hammond has a poor game he knows he'll be replaced which is what a good squad needs - competition.

this is the logic of a mad person

Remind me of that in the January window

Too many people on here still think we are a BIG Club

We are NOT

WE are a Club with BIG POTENTIAL, but (unfortunately)

STILL IN DIVISION 1

The Third tier of UK Football

That's not Mad Logic, that is Fact

Remind me of that in the January window

Too many people on here still think we are a BIG Club

We are NOT

WE are a Club with BIG POTENTIAL, but (unfortunately)

STILL IN DIVISION 1

The Third tier of UK Football

That's not Mad Logic, that is Fact

So why didn't Lallana or Morgan jump ship in the summer, or last summer when we got relegated?

And sort your grammar out.

What on earth are you on about now?

Since last season we've been crying out for a new CM. Someone who can give different options and provide competition for Hammond and Schneiderlin. And now that we've finally got that, you can only see the bad side? How very odd.

Adkins has said it's an (and I'll use capitals here as you seem to understand those) INITIAL 1 month loan. Which means that we can EXTEND it if the player is up to the task. Also, Morgan is already ruled out of the Tranmere game as he's away on international duty, so clearly we needed to plug that gap.

This is a signing we really should have made last Christmas; that it's finally happened now can only be good news.

Central midfielders we have: Guly (loan), Schneiderlin, Hammond, Wotton.

Wotton is injured, Guly may not be here long, Schneiderlin has 3 yellow cards and French U21 duty, Hammond has 4 yellows.

We have got Chaplow in to raise the game of our other central midfielders and be reliable backup. If Guly were to get injured before Tranmere next saturday we'd be down to Hammond and Pulis (God help us), so we NEED Chaplow for backup. If Hammond has a poor game he knows he'll be replaced which is what a good squad needs - competition.

I am not in any way against the (re) arrival of Chaplow, indeed I was a fan of his when he was here before

But, I cannot believe I am the only one on here, that thinks that come January, the likes of Lallana and/or Scneiderlin ar going to want to get a higher level of Football

Everyone on here either can't or won't accept the fact that the decent players we do have are not blindly content to carry on in Division One

We WERE a Prem Club, then

We WERE a CCC Club, now

We ARE a Division One Club, currently the wrong end of the Table

I am not in any way against the (re) arrival of Chaplow, indeed I was a fan of his when he was here before

But, I cannot believe I am the only one on here, that thinks that come January, the likes of Lallana and/or Scneiderlin ar going to want to get a higher level of Football

Everyone on here either can't or won't accept the fact that the decent players we do have are not blindly content to carry on in Division One

We WERE a Prem Club, then

We WERE a CCC Club, now

We ARE a Division One Club, currently the wrong end of the Table

We don't need to sell, and they're still under contract.

If we don't go up I expect atleast Lallana to leave next summer, but not in January.

If we don't go up I expect atleast Lallana to leave next summer, but not in January.

Exactly right. Lallana is out of contract at the end of the season but, as he is young enough, we'll get a development fee for him anyway. And it would take a big money offer to take Morgan off our hands before the end of the season.

Besides, the signing of Chaplow on an initial one month loan and selling our top players in January are not in any way related.

Every player that wants away from his Club is under Contract, and it is normally at such times you find out exactly how Non Binding they really are. If a player wants away, they will get away, and the Contract is then only worth "Get out" clause

I'd love it if a Chairman/Manager insisted that a Player Honour the Contract he so readily SIGNED originally, but I expect that would infringe his Europeon Human Rights or some other twaddle

Do we all agree this is a good signing then?

When was the last time total harmony broke out on SWF? The winning answer wins my respect and admiration.

Not quite all, although I seem to be in a minority of one.

Perhaps I didn't see enough of him but he ran around like a headless (yes, headless, not hairless) chicken when I saw him. On the positive side I suppose that might add a spark of life to the side.

Not quite all, although I seem to be in a minority of one.

Perhaps I didn't see enough of him but he ran around like a headless (yes, headless, not hairless) chicken when I saw him. On the positive side I suppose that might add a spark of life to the side.

Contoversial view indeed. My view is that, aside from being a replacement for short-term suspensions/injuries, he will provide useful competition for Hammond who remains frustratingly out of form.

I didn't see much of Chaplow when he was here before either, but I liked his effort. (Then again I liked Ormerods effort too...)

Which reminds me......what are we (SFC) actively doing at the moment to extend his contract before it's too late?

I imagine there is plenty going on behind the scenes, but there's really not a lot we can do, the ball is in his court.

However, we don't need to sign him up on a contract to ensure we get a fee for him; he's under 24 so even if he lets his contract expire we'll be due a development fee for him. It probably won't be as much as we could extract on a transfer, or it could be more, it all depends on how lucky we get at tribunal.

It's not at all in Lallana's interests to sign a new contract unless we're absolutely throwing money at him and/or it looks like we're definitely going up. I would expect him to let the current contract lapse, see out the season, and either sign a new contract with us if we go up or leave if we don't.

Contoversial view indeed. My view is that, aside from being a replacement for short-term suspensions/injuries, he will provide useful competition for Hammond who remains frustratingly out of form.

I didn't see much of Chaplow when he was here before either, but I liked his effort. (Then again I liked Ormerods effort too...)

although quite a few posters who went to Yeovil had Hammond down as one of our better players,top marks from some even.

I can't see NA changing his starting midfield duo for any reason other than injury,international duty or suspension.It really isn't a problem area although some deluded souls still think it is.