Chaplow - signed a 2 and a half year deal - OFFICIAL

SuperSAINT

Ferguson sacked at Preston. Will they hold onto Chaplow until new manager appointed? Hope not.

Laws and Ferguson sacked on the same day then??

Anyway it depends what has been agreed doesn't it.I thought Chappers was costing Preston too much money anyway, plus their fans think he's shîte, not that they know anything about football mind you.

Watching Adkins interviews over the past month when asked about Chaplow, I think Saints have wrapped up the deal already so doesn't matter that Ferguson has been sacked.

and according to their chairman at their AGM, a fee has already been sorted. Don't think there is any backing out of this for either party.

when adkins was asked if we have any news on chaplow, he smirked and said ''lets wait till the 1st of January to see''

My only worry is that any new manager would want to see all the players so would they recall Chaplow

not if they've already agreed to sell him to us and the papers are all ready for the FA.Can't see why we'd have waited really unless they've tried to bump the price or something like that.

St Leger is rumoured to have already tied up his deal with WBA so why should we be any different.

Pretty sure Chaplow said himself that part of the decision to drop him at PNE was due to pressure from the chairman because of clauses in his contract regarding appearances.

So as said above, I doubt the new manager will even get the chance to look at him.

If we have left making a deal for him so long that yesterday's dismissal has somehow managed to de-rail negotations, then the management of SFC are incompetent and we dont deserve him.

I think a deal was sorted and signed back when his loan was extended.

No worries then Alps;

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2254344,00.html

Slightly related to this thread - De Laet and King have been recalled by Man United after Ferguson Jnrs sacking. Pathetic from the Fergies really.

Guesssed that'd probably happen- unsurprising considering what a class A c*nt Fergie Snr is.

Great news about Chaplow though- an excellent addition to the squad. Providing we can hang on to Morgan, we'll have 3 very competent centre midfielders.

I liked the wording too- ' the Club's first signing of the January transfer window.'

That'll do nicely, £50k is a ridiculous steal :lol:
I wonder if his wages are significant (one reason given for forcing him out) or we have just got lucky that he fell out of favour and we were there at the right time. Great move for us.