Chaplow - signed a 2 and a half year deal - OFFICIAL

SuperSAINT

Interesting that he played a lot of games last year for them and it seems that for whatever reason Ferguson doesn't fancy him and therefore he has been placed on the transfer list.

There is no suggestion that he has lost any ability as he played 30 odd games last year so in L1 he should be very good for the division and a possibility of permanent if he does well given his transfer status. Slight doubt is the comment about having injuries to overcome last year but a risk well worth taken with a young, proven player from a higher division.

Probably because he doesn't have a Manchester United connection

Good signing - but can he also score goals because we really need someone who can!

It would be nice to have a CM who isn't afraid to shoot, Hammond and Schniederlin seemed afraid to shoot on Tuesday night, well all season really.

It would be nice to have a CM who isn't afraid to shoot, Hammond and Schniederlin seemed afraid to shoot on Tuesday night, well all season really.

That struck me too. Morgan in particular. At one point in the second half he took the ball past a player, then found himself in space on the edge of the box. I (and quite a few others) was screaming at him to leather it, but instead he took a couple of touches and tried to turn about 3 defenders. He almost drilled himself into the pitch twisting and turning and just lost the ball.

If a player has a pop and misses or hit's the 'keeper I'd still be pleased. On a wet slippery dark midweek game like that, anything can happen. A slight deflection, akward bounce or slippery ball and even the lamest daisy cutter can find it's way in.

The fact PNE fans are happy about this doesn't fill me with much confidence.

He was decent here while on loan but that was years ago.

Remember all those players Saints fans promised to drive to their next club - you know the ones now playing in the prem or championship whilst we're in Lg1

I wouldn't expect wonders from him straight away but clearly this is a no risk move and we're hardly blessed with options in that department. Adkins probably doesn't think MS and Guly could play together as a CM pair so, in that case, we really do need an extra body in that position. At his best he's a Championship standard player so hopefully he can find "his best" and he will be another good asset to the team/squad.

Good signing - but can he also score goals because we really need someone who can!

Aren't his qualities more about breaking down opposition attacks in midfield before they reach our defence and then creating counter attacks?. That sort of player isn't going to get bucket load of goals and assists but it's what we've been missing

Excellent signing, i loved him when he was here a couple of years ago.

His career has pretty much stagnated since moving to PNE, i don't think he's a bad player at all i think it's more that it wasn't the right club for him.

By all accounts he loved his time here and played some of his best football for us, so hopefully he can carry that on.

I'd assume this is initially for a month because there are question marks over his fitness, he's not really featured this season.

But on his day, as he proved with Burnley, he's a top class championship CM.

Just what we need and hope he does well which I don't doubt and switch to a perm move. Very industrious box to box midfielder from memory and what I've been banging on we need for a long time (along with many others I must add!!) Competition in midfield too as Hammond has been hit and miss for me (neither defensive nor gets forward and to get goals) but Chaplow is a Marsden (baldie!) type player. Workhorse.

If we manage a back up striker and/or winger I'll feel totally relaxed. Glad we're moving forwards...finally. In Adkins we trust! (loved his comments criticising the long ball, hoof and hope play and the need to play wide, posession football....how refreshing!!)

I for one am pretty happy that we have got Chaplow back at Saints and fingers crossed that he will be here for more than a month as well and yes it does give good competition to the midfielders especially Hammond, etc and I take it that he will be watching the Bournemouth game on Saturday and I'd play him againsy Tranmere next Saturday but we will see :)!

COYS!! :D

Not all Preston fans will be happy to see him go. This weeks 4-6 win at Leeds aside their fans feel that they lack steel in midfield. They had hoped for a return of Chaplow who has been made to train with the academy lads by Ferguson who has obviously something against the lad. But hey he could be just what we need and I much prefer someone with a fair amount of experience joining us than a Chelsea starlet such as Mellis. Now just need to get former saint loanee Danny Guthrie back and I'll sleep well on friday night!

Absolutely fan-****ing-tastic signing, I was jumping up and down when I saw this on Twitter. A creative midfielder who did himself no disservice last time he was here.

He regularly appears in HCDAJFU summer threads, and I'm very happy with Adkins' first signing. Extend the loan to three months and sign him up in January, I look forward to seeing him in action.

What about him taking the place of Hammond or Schneiderlin who haven't been performing?

Morgan has had two assists in two games and Hammond apparently had a good game too. What with Guly coming on and making an impression, I know I wouldn't want Adkins' job at the moment, that midfield is beginning to look a lot better.

Feeling positive about the Bournemouth game now, even if Chappers doesn't play.