Chaplow - signed a 2 and a half year deal - OFFICIAL

SuperSAINT

although quite a few posters who went to Yeovil had Hammond down as one of our better players,top marks from some even.

I can't see NA changing his starting midfield duo for any reason other than injury,international duty or suspension.It really isn't a problem area although some deluded souls still think it is.

Depends what you classify a problem I guess.

If Hammond picks up a booking tomorrow; then for the next game, without the signing of Chaplow, we'd seriously be looking at a central midfield partnership of Paul Wotton and Anthony Pulis. That signifies a problem to me. Having 3 good players to compete for 2 places just makes good sense, and will keep all 3 on their toes. Having 2 players for 2 positions is a risk, and when just 1 of those players in unavailable for any reason causes a real problem.

Great signing. Add the fact that Lallana is back, Richardson is back shortly, opening up the possibility of Butterfield playing in centre midfield, and suddenly everything seems a little more rosy. Makes me want to start going to games again.

Great signing. Add the fact that Lallana is back, Richardson is back shortly, opening up the possibility of Butterfield playing in centre midfield, and suddenly everything seems a little more rosy. Makes me want to start going to games again.

Why on earth would we want Butterfield in centre midfield?! Very average player - not bad right back, but I wouldnt want him playing elsewhere.

I see Chaplow has been handed the no. 30 shirt. Would've thought he'd have been given the no.8' date=' if there was a real prospect of him staying beyond the initial month? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it...![/quote']

You can turn that round. If he'd been given no8 everyone would assume he was staying, regardless of how he performed, plus quite a few squad players who covet the shirt would be peed off too.

Butterfield at centre midfield? come off it he is a good back up right back and when richardson returns thats all he will be! He has never been a centre midfielder!!

I really hoped we would have kept Chaplow the first time around, but he was too good for us then. Hopefully him not getting regular starts/games at the moment is simply a case of the player not fitting the club, rather than a downturn in his ability or enthusiasm. If he is anything like as good as he was before, we've signed a gem, IMO.

I really hoped we would have kept Chaplow the first time around, but he was too good for us then. Hopefully him not getting regular starts/games at the moment is simply a case of the player not fitting the club, rather than a downturn in his ability or enthusiasm. If he is anything like as good as he was before, we've signed a gem, IMO.

PNE fans wanrt usa to take him - they think he can't pass and has no heart.....hope they're wrong....

Especially with the overabundance of STRIKERS who have scored Massively for us so far this season

PNE fans wanrt usa to take him - they think he can't pass and has no heart.....hope they're wrong....
from what I saw of him he was a decent player who has a wining mentality. He played for their biggest rivals and so perhaps it was the Fuller effect, a very good player who was never given a fair chance by the fanbase to settle in.

I see Chaplow has been handed the no. 30 shirt. Would've thought he'd have been given the no.8' date=' if there was a real prospect of him staying beyond the initial month? Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it...![/quote']

He's a low risk stop gap at worst. If it works out great, if not, NAs got time to sort out something more long term for the January window. Win -win, but he should be more than good enough for this league.

Great signing - could Adkins be looking at playing 4-2-3-1? Only way I can see us fitting him in.

I would like is to play something different other than the 442 formation so we can fit Gully and Lallana in thier true position just behind the striker but i think NA will always be a 442 guy sadly.

What about him taking the place of Hammond or Schneiderlin who haven't been performing?

Morgan has been our best midfield player so far this season so that is a rubbish statement to make, yes we want him to shoot more but he's never and i dont think he'll ever be a goalscorer he prefers to look for that killer pass.

I think NA will always be a 442 guy sadly.

Adkins has said repeatedly in interviews he wants the team to be able to play three or four different formations, but that it will take time to train that into the players. If he's playing 442 now its because thats what he has inherited and he'd be mad to change overnight.

Very pleased with this and he did very well for us last time. I think he got injured making a huge tackle in the Northam/ Kingsland corner. I thought he did very well when he was on TV in the Prem games I saw. I cannot understand why he cannot get in the Preston side but what do we care.

I think that the arrival of CBE (Chaplow Boily Egg) has provided the much needed competition in midfield. All of the midfield played much better yesterday knowing that they had to to keep their place in the team now that there is true quality on the bench.

I think that the arrival of CBE (Chaplow Boily Egg) has provided the much needed competition in midfield. All of the midfield played much better yesterday knowing that they had to to keep their place in the team now that there is true quality on the bench.

the midfield probably looked better because we are now playing a ball on the deck passing game,with movement in front and behind.Thus they have more solutions and can express themselves differently. You can make a good player look very mediocre indeed by cramping his style or asking him to play a type of football which is unnatural to him.

• 3 weeks later...

Last game of Chaplow's loan on Saturday, according to the Echo. Interesting to see whether it will be extended now Wotton is fit again - would obviously prefer to keep Chaplow ahead of Wotton but I wonder whether the fact we (technically!) have 3 central midfielders of our own available again may mean we'll send him back?

Last game of Chaplow's loan on Saturday' date=' according to the Echo. Interesting to see whether it will be extended now Wotton is fit again - would obviously prefer to keep Chaplow ahead of Wotton but I wonder whether the fact we (technically!) have 3 central midfielders of our own available again may mean we'll send him back?[/quote']

Well despite giving the ball away cheaply at times on saturday I'd still rather have Chaplow playing than Wotton. At least chaplow give a bit of bite to midfield and got some good tackles in.

I would like is to play something different other than the 442 formation so we can fit Gully and Lallana in thier true position just behind the striker but i think NA will always be a 442 guy sadly.

Despite him having used Guly as a lone striker for a while in one of his early games (practically a 4-6-0, if not a 4-5-1), and showing the flexibility to remove Lambert, play with a support striker or midfielder in the hole rather than just having 2 up front (not that we ever do), have 2 sitting midfielders, etc. I'd say he was very flexible in his use of formation and structure so far, hardly a "4-4-2 guy", he adapts and tweaks.

Then again, some people just don't see the subtleties - I've managed to get my Sunday side playing a 4-2-3-1 this season just by withdrawing the second striker into attacking midfield and telling them it's still a 4-4-2 - it's a very British thing to be scared of tactics.

Despite him having used Guly as a lone striker for a while in one of his early games (practically a 4-6-0, if not a 4-5-1), and showing the flexibility to remove Lambert, play with a support striker or midfielder in the hole rather than just having 2 up front (not that we ever do), have 2 sitting midfielders, etc. I'd say he was very flexible in his use of formation and structure so far, hardly a "4-4-2 guy", he adapts and tweaks.

Then again, some people just don't see the subtleties - I've managed to get my Sunday side playing a 4-2-3-1 this season just by withdrawing the second striker into attacking midfield and telling them it's still a 4-4-2 - it's a very British thing to be scared of tactics.

well done. medal's in the post

Last game of Chaplow's loan on Saturday' date=' according to the Echo. Interesting to see whether it will be extended now Wotton is fit again - would obviously prefer to keep Chaplow ahead of Wotton but I wonder whether the fact we (technically!) have 3 central midfielders of our own available again may mean we'll send him back?[/quote']

i thought it was said in one of the programmes a few games ago that he was here until Dag + Redbridge?

• 3 weeks later...

PNE chairman confirmed that they have agreed to sale Chaplow to us in January for £50k.

I've not been impressed with Chaplow if I'm honest, nothing like the player he was back in the Championship with us and there are far better players in L1 who we could most probably get for a reasonable price in January.

PNE chairman confirmed that they have agreed to sale Chaplow to us in January for £50k.

I've not been impressed with Chaplow if I'm honest, nothing like the player he was back in the Championship with us and there are far better players in L1 who we could most probably get for a reasonable price in January.

Still for 50K we could do worse, that's a giant hit they're taking on him then, paid WBA 900K + add ons.