Puncheon Bust-up Rumour

sfc1971

I have been told by a fairly reliable source that on Friday when Adkins told the squad who would be playing Sat that Puncheon threw a tantrum and refused to travel after being told he was on the bench.

If this is true this guy needs to be got rid of ASAP. ***t

I have no doubt whatsoever that Punch will not be a Saints player come the end of this month. We need to get shot of him, and I think NA was as clear as could be yesterday that he is no longer on the bus and will soon be seen leaving the building for good. That said we need a replacement and pronto.

If true he is a fool. He had a chance to play against Man U next week and show off his talents, On the bench is better than not on the bus and what ever club he is at he will have to put up with what the manager says! End of!

That said, he may have crossed the line but is it better to have players that are happy to warm the bench or players that want to be in the starting line up every week?

I think he objected to being asked to drive there and back and prepare the sandwiches.

AND

Then to put a full shift in the side and do Spidermans running as well..

SOUNDS like he is on his way..Good luck to him....

Dealt with very badly....even when he wanted to share his toys with some of our prima Donah kebabs...

Echos the story I hear a while back when he was dropped for Oxo and then disappeared off the radar for a few weeks.

I was up for trying to win him round and getting him invovled in the squad (particularly with Lallana's absence), but if this is the case then ship him out PDQ or let him train with the Youth Team and make sure he has no contact with any of the first team squad.

That's one of the more believable rumours I've read. Wouldn't surprise me at all, guys a bad influence.

There is talk 'in another place' of BT signing a house tenancy locally, so there is also the obvious mullarkey of him coming on loan.

Which makes me ponder the possibility of a titanic clash of egos with Puncheon and a total car crash of a promotion drive for Saints as we all watch the Puncheon Beattie show..

No to BT and certainly we need to get shot of this little fella as well.

If half is true then he is not fit to wear the shirt. Ability or not.

Good post. What is that based on by the way? We lost 1 game? oh noes.

I just don`t think he will cut it in the "big league" Knows League one inside out, Didn`t do wonders in c/ship with scuuny (relegation)

And if he can`t handle a scroat like Punch how will he handle dealing with Prem Primas ?

I just don`t think he will cut it in the "big league" Knows League one inside out, Didn`t do wonders in c/ship with scuuny (relegation)

And if he can`t handle a scroat like Punch how will he handle dealing with Prem Primas ?

Who says he can't "handle" Punch?

If someone's a **** there's not a lot you can do. You either indulge him if he's important enough or you get rid. Looks like we will get rid - we certainly aren't indulging him. What would you like to see Adkins do? Give him a personality transplant?

WTF are you on about? We are a L1 side with a good boss for now at least. He got relegated once and promoted twice.

Also who is saying he can't handle him? If this rumour is true he handle him very well with, seemingly, two words 'f*ck' and 'off'.

There is talk 'in another place' of BT signing a house tenancy locally, so there is also the obvious mullarkey of him coming on loan.

Which makes me ponder the possibility of a titanic clash of egos with Puncheon and a total car crash of a promotion drive for Saints as we all watch the Puncheon Beattie show..

No to BT and certainly we need to get shot of this little fella as well.

If half is true then he is not fit to wear the shirt. Ability or not.

Nope couldn't afford his wages. From the horses mouth.

Difference is Punch was here before him, if Adkins does take us to the Premier League then any players would have been brought in by him (or currently in squad). Adkins would probably have not signed the scroat in the first place, whereas Pards probably dealt with him to some extent as a fellow south Londoner and was also responsible for bringing him in initially. It often happens, someone like Punch can work well with one guy who brings him in but doesn't get on with his replacement. Bummer, lets hope we get shot of the little brat and replace hime before the end of the month.

Can't see what all the fuss is about. This was bound to happen when his loan ended and we couldn't agree terms with Millwall. He wants to go there,he isn't good enough for our starting 11 apparently and yet we keep him here. The manager knew this situation would arise, so did we all, so we just need to sort out something with a club that wants him.Millwall have obviously cocked up by buying McQuoid who can't get a game and not offering enough for Puncheon.

Can't see what all the fuss is about. This was bound to happen when his loan ended and we couldn't agree terms with Millwall. He wants to go there,he isn't good enough for our starting 11 apparently and yet we keep him here. The manager knew this situation would arise, so did we all, so we just need to sort out something with a club that wants him.Millwall have obviously cocked up by buying McQuoid who can't get a game and not offering enough for Puncheon.

Pretty sure McQuoid got a nasty injury on his first day at training for Millwall which is why he's not playing.

I have SOME sympathy for Puncheon. He did not feel wanted for one reason or another here and felt valued at Millwall. A combination of things have conspired to thwart that deal which would not be so bad if he was welcomed back here with open arms. But he is not getting a regular start so understandably he and his agent are seeking to get somewhere where that will happen. Having said that, hard though it is, you need to keep professional. The fact that he has not is down to age and attitude (and agent influence). All things considered though, would it be not sweet justive for two people if he ended up at Blackpool? lol.

I can confirm that he stormed out of St. Marys when dropped he arrived at 13.00, and left at about 13.35. He came out would not sign autographs went to his car and drove off at speed and was next seem in a Millwall shirt.

Why should Saints sale him on the cheap ? His agent says there are lots of clubs after him, where are they???? Fine him a weeks wages for ever week he will not play. I hope the club do not give in to this overpaid t**t

I know! We should give Steve McClaren a call, I've heard he gets on sooo well with premier league prima donnas.

I agree that there is no place for Puncheon at Saints now, and that he should be docked wages for his attitude. This is a shame because he is a player that can bring a bit of spark, energy and aggression into the side. The team periodically becomes too self satisfied and complacent (read Kelvin's pre-match interview on the OS). A pity that he wasn't first choice to replace Lallana, because I believe he would have done a better job against Tranmere than the rest of the feeble lot that took to the pitch on Saturday. In fact I would have bet that we would not have lost.

Rumour true or totally over the top..Peeps have made their mind up..

Management have their scapegoat for short comings or the player is impossible to handle...

I have heard the other side of the coin where he has been messed about and many false promises..

Not sure of the truth ..but feel he is a very talented player when you look at some of the half hearted

players who seem to have an attitude of play, when I want to play.. in our side..

Rumour true or totally over the top..Peeps have made their mind up..

Management have their scapegoat for short comings or the player is impossible to handle...

I have heard the other side of the coin where he has been messed about and many false promises..

Not sure of the truth ..but feel he is a very talented player when you look at some of the half hearted

players who seem to have an attitude of play, when I want to play.. in our side..

nice to have a sensible post on the matter,my take is the manager is not a fan of his and wants to sell to bring in another player,its funny when pardew was here we did not have these problems with puncheon.

nice to have a sensible post on the matter,my take is the manager is not a fan of his and wants to sell to bring in another player,its funny when pardew was here we did not have these problems with puncheon.

because he was in the side most of the time, the problems only started when we had to find a place for OX, it was Puncheon's,probably because he hadn't been performing very well, but then that was probably true of 95% of the side.

Bearing in mind that to play him in the Blackpool game was strange..

To sub him was even stranger when AOC had run out of steam...and Punch was effectively covering two positions and helping the full back....

If it is totally true what fans hear or want to hear then off load and why the hell bring him back...

Some of this does not make sense to me..

But then again I have not heard the full story and never will..But then again I have learnt that posters do tell porkies sometimes..

Personally I would have played/subbed AOC more astutely and utilised Punch to the benefit of the team using his undoubted talent.

If we have another winger like Paine, Mathews, Finney, Bale or Walcott then I will be as pleased as Punch..:rolleyes:

Edited by ottery st mary
forgot the a in pleased

Bearing in mind that to play him in the Blackpool game was strange..

To sub him was even stranger when AOC had run out of steam...and Punch was effectively covering two positions and helping the full back....

If it is totally true what fans hear or want to hear then off load and why the hell bring him back...

Some of this does not make sense to me..

But then again I have not heard the full story and never will..But then again I have learnt that posters do tell porkies sometimes..

Personally I would have played/subbed AOC more sparingly and utilised Punch to the benefit of the team using his undoubted talent.

If we have another winger like Paine, Mathews, Finney, Bale or Walcott then I will be as pleased as Punch..:rolleyes:

i think your right

Puncheon has joined an infamous list of ex players that I hate. Weclome to the Eyal berkovic and hassan kachloul club.

I hope we get rid of the little brat asap.

You should admire him for his Tory sensibilities of selfishness and a lack of importance placed on loyalty.

Puncheon has been a prodessional footballer for 7 years and in that time has played for 7 clubs either as their player or on loan.

The longest he has been anywhere is two years at Barnet.

I think the stats tell their own story about Mr Puncheon's attitude.

I would imagine in his first few games for a club he is pretty good - as he was for us and he was for Millwall.

Seems once he gets his feet under the table at a club all that goes out the window.