Saints Vs Skates December 18th

Saint Garrett

How on earth can people be content with watching the Skates on the box? I would be in bits if I wasn't there.

On the plus side, hopefully it will mean some of our soft, OAP, please sit down supporters will stay at home.

Becuase there is no way we will all get tickets, so for all the ones that miss out at least it will be on telly which is better than coming on the SWF while it crashes and burns.

On BBC ? Ummmmm.

Not sure how the overseas rights work here in Dubai.

The waste of space that is Al Jazeera Sports has the franchaise for The Middle East I believe. They hardly ever publish a schedule in advance and they didn't seem to show half of the Championship or L1 games that were on UK TV last season - so maybe there is a problem with only showing Sky matches .... aaaaarrrgggghhh!!

Good. Will be MUCH easier to get tickets.

Don't think will make any difference really.

I usually take following week off work for Xmas so ok on hangover side.

Just got to get good few away games under me belt now to be able to get a ticket.

Don't think will make any difference really.

I usually take following week off work for Xmas so ok on hangover side.

Just got to get good few away games under me belt now to be able to get a ticket.

It won't harm anyone's chances, that's for sure. Some people could be tempted to stay at home and watch now it's on TV. Especially with money being tight around christmas time.

Nexstar likes this.

Although, there's not a rat's chance in hell you'll get it in.

There's every chance he can get it in. The bag checks at SMS are hilarious. It goes a little something like this

Steward feels outside of bag. Thinks: "yep, that's a bag". Says: "Thank you enjoy the game".

Sometimes they ask you to open it a little but they never move anything around inside. Complete waste of time but excellent for those who want to bring in their own drink.

How on earth can people be content with watching the Skates on the box? I would be in bits if I wasn't there.

On the plus side, hopefully it will mean some of our soft, OAP, please sit down supporters will stay at home.

You arrogant, patronising pillock! Lots of us 'oldies' are STH's and to be 'slurred' in this way is most offensive. Apologise you clown!

There's every chance he can get it in. The bag checks at SMS are hilarious. It goes a little something like this

Steward feels outside of bag. Thinks: "yep, that's a bag". Says: "Thank you enjoy the game".

Sometimes they ask you to open it a little but they never move anything around inside. Complete waste of time but excellent for those who want to bring in their own drink.

He meant at Fratton Park

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
No. Stay at home.

You really are an arrogant, obnoxious, cretin. I have been supporting Saints for 51 years and have been a ST holder for 44. I did my apprenticeship standing in the rain and singing and shouting at away grounds all over the country and Europe and I have earned the right to sit down and enjoy my football without some arsehole telling me that I'm not welcome. Just who the f*ck do you think you are? Bugger off and do one. Prat.

There's a reason sick days were invented...

Seeing as my manager knows I go to every game - I doubt I'd get away with that. I'd also have to hide from the TV cameras, which won't be much fun when we score a 90th min winner and everyone celebrates down the front of the stand. ;)

You really are an arrogant, obnoxious, cretin. I have been supporting Saints for 51 years and have been a ST holder for 44. I did my apprenticeship standing in the rain and singing and shouting at away grounds all over the country and Europe and I have earned the right to sit down and enjoy my football without some arsehole telling me that I'm not welcome. Just who the f*ck do you think you are? Bugger off and do one. Prat.

bloody yoof eh!! not like that in 'my' day.

We have to learn from 2005 and pick players that have the character to stand up for themsleves in what is going to be a very hostile atmosphere. Crouch, Antti, both centre halves and the entire midfield bar Quashie bottled it and refused to put their foot in or compete with skates baying for them, only Camara joined Quashie in turning up. Can't see Hammond or Chaplow being intimidated in the middle of the park although we might actually need to calm Morgan down a bit! Rickie can handle himself and Barnard might actually be inspired by the hostility and imagine the celebrations if he scores! Lallana is a much tougher cookie than the talented but lightweight lad of 2-3 years back. The only players that would worry me in that atmosphere are Morgan - but for the opposite reason of him getting too pumped up (if only the 2005 team had that issue...) and Ox-C. Given the latter probably won't be at the club by then anyway I'm feeling quite confident that whatever XI we put out, they won't be fazed by it and hopefully we can put some wrongs at that horrible old rust bowl right.

Haha. Calm down.

Please refrain from using personal insults to get your point across. You'll only end up with an infraction. Tut tut...

We have to learn from 2005 and pick players that have the character to stand up for themsleves in what is going to be a very hostile atmosphere. Crouch, Antti, both centre halves and the entire midfield bar Quashie bottled it and refused to put their foot in or compete with skates baying for them, only Camara joined Quashie in turning up. Can't see Hammond or Chaplow being intimidated in the middle of the park although we might actually need to calm Morgan down a bit! Rickie can handle himself and Barnard might actually be inspired by the hostility and imagine the celebrations if he scores! Lallana is a much tougher cookie than the talented but lightweight lad of 2-3 years back. The only players that would worry me in that atmosphere are Morgan - but for the opposite reason of him getting too pumped up (if only the 2005 team had that issue...) and Ox-C. Given the latter probably won't be at the club by then anyway I'm feeling quite confident that whatever XI we put out, they won't be fazed by it and hopefully we can put some wrongs at that horrible old rust bowl right.

I reckon Hardings the man for the job then. I'm sure he will happily abuse any pompey ball boys that come within range.

:lol: At your age you should really be able to take a bit of banter better than that.

+1. Not exactly my choice of words, but I agree with the sentiment.

I reckon Hardings the man for the job then. I'm sure he will happily abuse any pompey ball boys that come within range.

nice. I can just see him jumping into the crowd under the South stand to retrieve a ball for a quick throw and the whole pace going off. Later, when we are looking to waste time he'll smash the ball into the crowd taking out a skate in the process and it will go off again. Unlike Higginbottom in 2005, Harding won't hide. I'm starting to get excited about that game already.

Also good because the TV audience will see my flare.

And my inflatable skate!

Im really hoping i can get a ticket for this, i'm prepared to pay considerable amounts to be there. I cant imagine the bus tour grannies that frequent many away matches will have the appetite for destruction required for a blood thirsty match down the road.

COYRS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Macey_J2