the Billy Sharp thread...

david in sweden

He did speak to Lukas before the game but they didnt discuss any move to Saints. He did say that Lukas got injured in the first minute and eventually went off in the 60 min so sorry guys no news.

Fair play to him for speaking to him. Did think it might be a bit of an ask to get some feedback before or after the game! If he has got a knock, maybe we'll lose our interest anyway...

Another update although it's a few days old.

Sharp will choose Saints if they pay him 20k a week, he is saying that once we sort out the transfer fee he will sign.

Sharp is convinced he wants to join Saints!

What I don't understand is this, why have we said via BBC that we are not interested in him & Maynard?

Also IMHO If a club put a bid in for what he can leave for then I expect Saints are going to match it at the last minute so Sharp can choose who he wants to join?

Finally If West Ham offered him 30k then surely he will join them instead?

Im puzzled.

Edited by Pilchards

Sharp will choose Saints if they pay him 20k a week, he is saying that once we sort out the transfer fee he will sign.

What I don't understand is this, why have we said via BBC that we are not interested in him & Maynard?

Also IMHO If a club put a bid in for what he can leave for then I expect Saints are going to match it at the last minute so Sharp can choose who he wants to join?

Im puzzled.

You don't know if what Solent reported was directly from the club.

We don't have the luxury now of doing our business at the end of the window.

I don't think West Ham have got the cash to offer £30k per week. Sharp may not want to live in London.

I think there is a lot of smoke and mirrors at the moment.

Im puzzled.

Maybe this is the piece of "misinformation". Maybe it's true to say that we're not interested in "Sharp & Maynard" because we're only interested in Sharp? Maybe we've used the Beeb to distance ourselves whilst the deal is finalised? Just guesswork but it would be great if it's true because I think Sharp gives good options alongside or instead of Lambo.

If Adkins has better targets lined up, who cares...

I think the point is that Sharp is a proven, in form NPC player for a supposedly affordable price who reportedly wants to come to saints. I don't think we will get anyone much better and anyone we get from abroad will be a lot more of a gamble than Sharp. I hope we sign him.

I think the point is that Sharp is a proven, in form NPC player for a supposedly affordable price who reportedly wants to come to saints. I don't think we will get anyone much better and anyone we get from abroad will be a lot more of a gamble than Sharp. I hope we sign him.

Agree totally, sign him up NA

For all the "reportedly" and "supposedly" information out there, I will personally get behind who the manager feels is right man fir the job. In the end of the day his opinion is the professional one, not mine.

Also I am open to reserving my personal judgements on whoever comes in based on his performances for the club. I couldn't care less what league or corner of the earth that may be from.

If he's good enough, he's okay enough I'm my book!

Nigel Adkins' red and white army!!

Surely the phrase 'affordable price' is only usable if you actually know how much money we have.

I too have come round to this conclusion. A month ago,I thought we might sign "better", and with greater potential, but now feel Sharp could make an impact immediately, Tadanari Lee - hope it is a spectacular success - but with work permits, acclimatising etc, it seeems too great a risk,and expectation of him.

Edited by Badger

I too have come round to this conclusion. A month ago,I thought we might sign "better", and with greater potential, but now feel Sharp could make an impact immediately, Tadanari Lee - hope it is a spectacular success - but with wok permits, acclimatising etc, it seeems too great a risk,and expectation of him.

wok permits??? Lol

• 3 weeks later...
God I hope sharp signs for someone just to get the threads over with! Have we signed anyone we've had a long thread on?

Only Skachel , Really cannot see this happening, hope I`m wrong but after witnessing that shambles last night we need a signing which will lift both the players and the fans.

I too have come round to this conclusion. A month ago,I thought we might sign "better", and with greater potential, but now feel Sharp could make an impact immediately, Tadanari Lee - hope it is a spectacular success -

but with work permits, acclimatising etc, it seems too great a risk,and expectation of him.

Agree with that part...we can hope that he pops up with some " impact performances" as Marian Pahars did in his first season..but this time for promotion.

I'm still of this opinion from the beginning of the month.

I'm still of this opinion from the beginning of the month.

Agree with it. The only stumbling block here is that the player seemingly doesn't want to shift his life.

and even if he was persuaded to, his agent is probably asking for some stupid things in his contract to reassure him on the move - such as guaranteed playing time, mega bonuses etc. Leicester pulled out of it...that says it all!

Barnsley fans were singing "wheres your baby gone?" during todays game, completely disgusting.

Now I seem to remember some older 'saints fans' telling me a story, and being very proud of it, about Neil McNab just after his dad died. He went to take a throw in and under east stand sang 'Neil McNab, got no dad, Neil McNab got no dad'. So I would say idiots are among all fans old and young.

A couple of comments from the Mirror journalist Nixon when I asked on the

Still waiting. Lask of progress a bit puzzling. Maybe one of their other targets has become available.

I would have put my house on it happening yesterday. Fortunately I didn't. Still rate it 60-40 to happen.

There hasn't been further talk today. Soo I don't know why not because nobody has moved it on. Sharp would go. No problem.

So, I hope we are just playing a clever game....and get a good result.

What if we have now decided aftr last nights woeful display that we really are going to have to sign some real quality after all. Nigel and Nicola could have been playing it cagey to see how our results went but after last night have now decided we will not be good enough after all.

We may well of been about to tie up a deal for sharp but have now decided we must try one more time for hooper.I believe we will sign 2 more players before the window shuts but we are going to have to get a move on and decide one way or the other on a striker.

Still waiting. Lask of progress a bit puzzling. Maybe one of their other targets has become available.

I would have put my house on it happening yesterday. Fortunately I didn't. Still rate it 60-40 to happen.

There hasn't been further talk today. Soo I don't know why not because nobody has moved it on. Sharp would go. No problem.

he also added he was 80-20 yesterday though!!! Think we may have walked again!

According to a Beeb journo, Cortese was in s meeting this afternoon with Puncheon & a PFA rep, regarding his Twitter comments. Maybe too busy then to progress the Sharp deal & it might all pick up again tomorrow?

Hope we aren't faffing about with other options and he decides not to bother.

According to a Beeb journo' date=' Cortese was in s meeting this afternoon with Puncheon & a PFA rep, regarding his Twitter comments. Maybe too busy then to progress the Sharp deal & it might all pick up again tomorrow?[/quote']

I should hope that Cortese can do both in the same day pretty poor if he cannot.

That said if we do get Sharpe that will be very good but we do need another CB as well.

I do wish we had some idea of what the club was expecting this season I am pleased that we have done really well this season I was not expecting automatic promotion because I just did/do not think the squad is good enough

Hope we aren't faffing about with other options and he decides not to bother.

This. So far we haven't signed Rodriguez, Sharp and Hooper and whilst it's nice being linked with them we really need to get someone in quickly. I'm all for a good deal etc bit I can't see us being in a better position for automatic promotion than we are now. Nigel wants to give us the best possible chance of winning the league and this really is the time to back him.

This. So far we haven't signed Rodriguez, Sharp and Hooper and whilst it's nice being linked with them we really need to get someone in quickly. I'm all for a good deal etc bit I can't see us being in a better position for automatic promotion than we are now. Nigel wants to give us the best possible chance of winning the league and this really is the time to back him.

To cold for you last night mate??