Ron Vlaar

patred44

Letting chambers go with his versatility was shocking and also koeman coming out publicly and stating who his numver 1 is has sent us back to square one in the keeper position.

It would have been fairly clear that when a team like Saints spends £10m on a keeper that he would be first choice. Especially if, as suggested, Koeman hasn't loved Boruc's attitude in pre season. I quite like the fact he cuts the bull**** and is honest.

But it hasn't caused you any distress either tbh. He probably commented on him once and it doesn't look like we have ever put a bid in for him.

He didn't say it had caused him distress. Koeman has publicly talked about a player contracted to another club in the way that many on here have kicked up about when happening to our players.

It's life, it happens. It's no big deal either way.

It would have been fairly clear that when a team like Saints spends £10m on a keeper that he would be first choice. Especially if, as suggested, Koeman hasn't loved Boruc's attitude in pre season. I quite like the fact he cuts the bull**** and is honest.

Why did we sell chambers?

Was chambers going to play second fiddle to clyne ? (As I be leave clyne is a better defender and attacker)

Did we get offered Over the odds for him

I agree he will improve, but at this moment we have a better option

he might have made CB his own this season

he played 3 times less than shaw did in his break through season. shaw had fox as competition, chambers had clyne

he might have made CB his own this season

he played 3 times less than shaw did in his break through season. shaw had fox as competition, chambers had clyne

I'd have like to have seen him play center back more, should and probably could have stepped in when fonte/lovren got injured

Specially as that was his position in the under 21s

But it would have been too risky playing him as a first choice this season.

I do think mopo prefered him to clyne

Don't get me wrong I am gutted he's gone

I'd have like to have seen him play center back more, should and probably could have stepped in when fonte/lovren got injured

Specially as that was his position in the under 21s

But it would have been too risky playing him as a first choice this season.

I do think mopo prefered him to clyne

Don't get me wrong I am gutted he's gone

right now though, the general consensus is that we need a defender that can play both RB/CB

I doubt who we get will be as good as chambers, we should have said no

I can hear Koeman laughing in his office: "Lambert is a ******..." :lol:

Really? Do you live close to the stadium, or are you on a mobile device? How come he's not with the team up in Liverpool - I'd have thought he travelled with them today.

Also, it's not clear from the stars what it is he's describing Rickie as. My guess is "a handful", but the number of letters doesn't match (not sure if it's meant to).

Really? Do you live close to the stadium, or are you on a mobile device? How come he's not with the team up in Liverpool - I'd have thought he travelled with them today.

Also, it's not clear from the stars what it is he's describing Rickie as. My guess is "a handful", but the number of letters doesn't match (not sure if it's meant to).

Paul Lambert, you prat.

:? Don't know how Koeman would describe Rickie Lambert but I don't doubt that Ronald would prefer Pelle if he would have to choose.

:? Don't know how Koeman would describe Rickie Lambert but I don't doubt that Ronald would prefer Pelle if he would have to choose.

Paul Lambert August 2014...

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert has accused Southampton manager Ronald Koeman of lacking respect in his apparent pursuit of Ron Vlaar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28854834

Paul Lambert January 2014...

Paul Lambert reveals Aston Villa interest in signing Wigan striker Grant Holt

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-paul-lambert-reveals-aston-villa-interest-in-signing-wigan-striker-grant-holt-9057404.html

Edited by Matthew Le God

^ Exactly this MLG.

You'd have thought this would've ended when Koeman said we won't be signing anymore centre-back's.

Dutch paper and he said, quite clearly, that he's like him at Saints.

Er no he didn't. First of all it was weeks ago. This really is an argument about absolutely nothing. He was asked about a whole range of possible targets including centre-backs and he said Vlaar 'was an option'. He didn't at any point suggest we were in for him and to dismiss him as not someone he would ever consider would surely have been insulting to Vlaar. Then two weeks ago Lambert came out with his gritty hypocritical condemnation of other managers doing exactly the same as him in the local press. Quite why Sky have recycled it now is beyond me.

Er no he didn't. First of all it was weeks ago. This really is an argument about absolutely nothing. He was asked about a whole range of possible targets including centre-backs and he said Vlaar 'was an option'. He didn't at any point suggest we were in for him and to dismiss him as not someone he would ever consider would surely have been insulting to Vlaar. Then two weeks ago Lambert came out with his gritty hypocritical condemnation of other managers doing exactly the same as him in the local press. Quite why Sky have recycled it now is beyond me.

When you have to fill a rolling 24/7 sports news channel, you'll use and re-cycle pretty much any old crap.

Sky should get an award from Greenpeace or Friends of the Earth for their services to Green Journalism for the volume of stuff they recycle.

LOL! Great spot MLG!

Lambert must be worried to ignore this sort of hypocrisy - Perhaps Vlaar is coming after all?

Absolute quality??? Average at best from what I saw. The one thing that most of the pundits were saying after Arsenal's game was that they looked defensively poor and Chambers was caught out far too many times.

He's 19. Looks completely unfazed at being put in as CB for Arsenal even in CL game. He makes a few mistakes, but has a very mature head on his shoulders. We really did drop a complete bollock letting him go, really do think of all the departures this summer his will turn out to be the most stupid.

He's 19. Looks completely unfazed at being put in as CB for Arsenal even in CL game. He makes a few mistakes, but has a very mature head on his shoulders. We really did drop a complete bollock letting him go, really do think of all the departures this summer his will turn out to be the most stupid.

This.

We agonise over our CB depth, struggle to land the likes of Vlaar, take on an injured player, and all the time the solution was sat under our f**king nose and we sold him.

This.

We agonise over our CB depth, struggle to land the likes of Vlaar, take on an injured player, and all the time the solution was sat under our f**king nose and we sold him.

Of course, Vectis/Alpine.

I recall you always saying that we should play Chambers as a CB and no-one was listening!

If we HAD even seen a suggestion from Les or anyone else at the club that Chambers would be our first choice CB this season, you two would have been the first to day we'd gone barking mad and that we need to sign a proven CB.....

Of course, Vectis/Alpine.

I recall you always saying that we should play Chambers as a CB and no-one was listening!

If we HAD even seen a suggestion from Les or anyone else at the club that Chambers would be our first choice CB this season, you two would have been the first to day we'd gone barking mad and that we need to sign a proven CB.....

I never said any such thing. Was perfectly happy with him playing RB, and always thought he would be better than Clyne. I expected him to move in to MF eventually which was where he started with Saints. Not sure actually that he is first chice CB at Arsenal either, when Mertesacker is back this weekend I guess we will find out.