Man City v Saints - Full time chat

JustMike

Good performance from the squad. We looked like a PL side so I'm happy considering we had a lot of players on the pitch from in L1. Something to build on and move forwards once the tough games are done with. We can score in this league and can't wait for the next few matches.

Fans were excellent too, 2k travelling fans in good voice on Sky Sports. Well done all.

I said before the game I'd be happy if we kept it to less that a 4 goal margin. If you'd have offered me this before I would have taken it.

Can't help feeling like we were slightly robbed of a point. Really thought we deserved a point from that.

But we can build on that!! Great performance from the boys. Very proud.

We did very well. In a way we are in a much better place than other Prem teams, we can attack and retain the ball. The easier thing should be to do the defensive basics well, which ultimately cost us today.

With the exception of Fox, who I think we should replace, the personnel look ok. We need to look our defensive lines and positioning at set pieces.

Very proud of the boys. Scared the bejeezus out of them. What a Rickie.moment

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Rickie's had a lot of moments with us, that was one of his best. Was it his first touch in the PL?

By the way, has anyone noticed that Guly in the free role is giving them all sorts of trouble.

TBH I think he's great there. Really proud, pity it was a individual mistake that led to the winner. Lambo made such a difference when he came on. He may not be the most mobile but our build up play relies on him so much. Couple of brilliant goals, and I have a strange feeling of disappointment when I'd have taken that score line before kick off. Most disappointed with Morgan, thought the game passed him by at times and caught too high up the pitch a couple of times and too slow to make amends.

We did very well. In a way we are in a much better place than other Prem teams, we can attack and retain the ball. The easier thing should be to do the defensive basics well, which ultimately cost us today.

With the exception of Fox, who I think we should replace, the personnel look ok. We need to look our defensive lines and positioning at set pieces.

This - 100%

So proud of Saints........if we play like that all season and with a couple of additions we should be looking at a top 10 finish.

Fox is a worry at LB (does not look Prem quality) but if we can get Ramirez, Phillips and a CB we will be looking really good.

Clyne looks a steal and Adam was pulling all the strings.

On Fox Soccer in the US, that plank Warren barton and co were talking about City can't play like that, they won't win the title, etc, etc and then Eric Wynalda butted in and said they were not giving Saints anywhere near enough credit. Good for you Eric.