Man City v Saints - Full time chat

JustMike

A great performance, no doubt. I bet Citeh never expected to find themselves behind after they scored first. Very calm and never panicked, and when we did get the ball down and play it we looked OK.

But there are still a few negatives to take away from it as well. I thought we sat back and invited far too much pressure onto us, and against a team like Man City we WILL get punished for that. And Fox's defensive header to set up their third was just abysmal. Get your head on it Danny and make sure it goes anywhere except back towards the penalty spot where a multi-multi-million pound player is waiting to pounce. I was a fan of his last season but on today's evidence I think he will cost us a lot of goals this year.

Would've been nice to take a point but I'm very proud of the team. Nigel once again shows there's a reason he's manager and not me; Rickie and Davis off the bench were determined as hell. Kelvin still feels like a bit of a question mark, I don't think much needs to be said about Fox. Overall though, fantastic morning!

Good game to watch being the underdog - possession wise City were all over us and missed a lot of chnaces. Saying all that we gifted them a third goal - Fox's pass to Nasri couldn't have been better if a City forward had knocked it down.

How did we get 5 on 3 on the break and score? Nearly mucked it up but well done Davis.

If we can keep this up all season and the crowds at SMS remain patient it will be a great season.

Just hope Ramirez and Philips were watching - would make it them seal the deal!

I thought Fonte and Jos looked steady away - and Ward Prowse confident for a 17-year old, and was excellent.

Who knows where this season will end...but we will make the rest of The Premiership take notice.

Really proud of that effort!

I don't think scoring goals will be an issue for us this season. Keeping them from being scored against us is an altogether different challenge.

City dominated large parts of that and we rode our luck at times but we took our chances when they came - well b100dy played lads.

Thought Lallana was excellent (he and Rodriguez seemed to work well together) as was Lambert when he came on.

Much better than i had feared but now I'm disappointed we didn't get a point. I am sorry to say that Fox looked way out of his depth and his header for their thrid goal was truly awful.

Still we can hold our heads high.

Fox was just fooked like all the rest of them. Kelvin made more mistakes

Let's see how fox gets on next week before writing him off

Much better than i had feared but now I'm disappointed we didn't get a point. I am sorry to say that Fox looked way out of his depth and his header for their thrid goal was truly awful.

Still we can hold our heads high.

Disagree, it's just a symptom of the way we play, our full backs will be a little exposed and he had very little support.

He did some excellent touches and contributed well today, all of our players can hold their heads high tonight.

Justmike, why do we need four threads for one match?

It's just youthful enthusiasm, it will wear off!

Thought we were brilliant and thought Adkins did a great job not letting heads drop . His positivity and composure really rubs off on the players

Adkins

We wanted something from the game

Tried to stay in game

Best forward line our defence has ever played against

Need to find ways to win away

We play to win

Lambert is a great story, great goal

We need to defend better

Learn lot from today

We always believe

We are good at home but have to pick

Up points away

New system played today to add to the other 2 ways we play

JWP was excellent

... shame young Luke shaw still a bit young... but what a gutsy effort all round... at 2-2 it looked very even. Excellent display against the champions and they should feel good about that as really something to build on... thanks saints for showing us what you can do.

would it be very wrong to want man sex with Rickie? :uhoh::cry::blush::lol:

Davis: Looked nervous at times, made the odd decision and got beaten at his near post for the first. Penalty save was easy. 6

Clyne: Looked excellent, especially in the first half. Bombed forward and was quick to get back, The odd mistake though but a promising start. 8

Jose: Played quite well, wanted to get forward at the end, but it's simple to see he can be upgraded if the right player becomes avaiable. Will still do a job for us this season. 6

Jos: Fairly solid given the circumstances, not his best game ever. 6

Fox: A real liability. Worst performance on the pitch. With a youngster as the only cover, it seems we do need a new left back brought in. 4

Punch: Played well in the second half but was largely invisible in the first. A useful player to have if he's in the right frame of mind.7

Morgan: Far from his best game, will need to improve at this level. 6

JWP: For a 17 year old against the Champions, that was a very solid start. Passing was good, but had a tendancy to panic unnecessarily. 7

Adam: Set up the second cleverly. Good to see him as captain. Will do well in the Premier League.7

Guly: Very impressed. His decision making sometimes lacks a tad but he worked his socks off today IMO. 8

JRod: Not a great performance in a position he didn't look too comfortable in. I wonder whether Adkins will stick to this formation... 5

Subs: Lambert: What more can be said about this man. Premier League quality already! Should have started? 7

Davis: Lovely goal, which I'm sure wasn't the plan when Adkins brought him on! Looking forward to seeing more of him. 7

Sharp: A good decision to bring him on, but barring a few crosses did little. 6

Justmike, why do we need four threads for one match?

The boy did good. We gave him a starting place this week and he took control from the whistle. It looked for a while that he would get over excited and shoot his load too soon, but he kept his composure and cut in and closed the threads down before the trolls got a shot in.

He is new, so it can be expected he will be prone to over excitement, but he shows good instincts and should have the stamina to see out the season comfortably.