Leeds 3 Saints 0

Dazza82

Go to hell I have as much right to post here and air my views as you, if you think the league cup is more important that Prem survival then you really are a knob

Go to hell? this isn't an 80's American Soap.

by all means debate the point, but please keep it civil.

Go to hell I have as much right to post here and air my views as you, if you think the league cup is more important that Prem survival then you really are a knob

Did i say that the capital one cup was more important than premiership survival? If you couldnt care about the leeds game why open and comment on a thread about it?

I happen to care about every game saints are involved in.

As for your comment about Fareham pompey boy, Since when has fareham been pompey there is loads of saints fans in fareham.

Simple really, I just post my views; that is what the Forum is about, I get accused of being a Skate as I don't toe the line and go with the flock, the Mods know that I hope.

I don't have to "toe the line" I have been a fan longer than most or were you with us at Rosenberg Trondheim away ???

Where have i called you a Skate?

Also if you dont like being called a Skate why have you just gone and done the same to me?

Edited by Dazza82

Really don't know why this game couldn't be moved to Wednesday to allow us extra preparation time...surely it's the same principle as us having to move the Spurs game from Sat to Sunday?

Because Leeds have a game on Friday against Brighton.

Although Nigel tends to pick a lot of reserves for games like this, and I expect he'll do so again, I would prefer it if he'd pick his strongest team, win a game, get some confidence back into the players, and help them to gel, and give the fans something to get happy about.

It will probably be a reserve based team but I would like to see the team that finished on Sunday with Gazzaniga for Boruc, play with a view to seeing whether it could be a starter for WBA presuming that Ramirez is unavailable. Gazzaniga, Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Reeves, Guly, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Mayuka, Lambert, Rodriguez. I would also like to see DeRidder on the bench.

Probably see everyone who didn't start today.

Gazzaniga

Reeves

Hooiveld

Seaborne

Butterfield

JWP

Chaplow

Guly

De Ridder

Lee

Mayuka

Subs: KD and a bunch of academy players.

Might be another night to forget I'm afraid.

Don't think this will be far off the team. Could well cause them a few problems, but wouldn't be expecting to go up there and win as Warnock will just foul our players for 90 mins. Last thing we need is a few more injuries.

I would play:

-----------------------------Boruc-----------------------------

Clyne----------Fonte-----------------Yoshida---------------Shaw

----------------------JWP--------------Cork---------------------

Mayuka---------------------Reeves-----------------------Lee

---------------------------Jay Rod-----------------------------

Given that we have 6 days between this game and the West Brom game, I think we will play a relatively strong team with a few changes.

-----------------------BORUC--------------------

CLYNE-------FONTE-------JOS-------REEVES

--------JWP--------MORGAN----LALLANA---

MAYUKA----------LAMBERT------------GULY

Subs: Gazza, Maya, Shaw, Chaplow, Davis, De Ridder, Lee

I'd imagine we'll take a couple of hundred.

Sadly I can't see anyting other than a defeat here. Leeds will put out a strong team and have enough quality to defeat our back up players who will be disjointed due to the fact they spend little time playing first team games together.

I'd rather win the league cup and go down than not win it stay up. Bearing that in mind and the fact that we don't have a game for 6 days after, I think we should play our best available team.

Sorry but can't agree. Losing the momentum of the last three seasons by going down would be very damaging and no cup could compensate.

So I hope we give the non-regulars a game and a chance to make a point. Chappers, JWP in particular could stake a claim, Butters and De Ridder need a game and if they're close to fitness a half hour run-out for Gaston, Cork or (less likely) Richardson would be good. Would be good to win, but doesn't matter if we don't.

Edited by Shroppie

Why? Staying in the Premier League benefits the club long term and gives them future opportunities to win trophies. In any case, I don't see why we couldn't stay up and win it...

I haven't said that. Hypothetically if I was offered to win the league cup and go down or to lose to Leeds and stay up, I'd pick winning something. Who remembers you for finishing 17th in the Prem? No one. Our honours list is embarrassingly small and it's one of the only things Pompey have over us.

I haven't said that. Hypothetically if I was offered to win the league cup and go down or to lose to Leeds and stay up, I'd pick winning something. Who remembers you for finishing 17th in the Prem? No one. Our honours list is embarrassingly small and it's one of the only things Pompey have over us.

I'd rather not end up like Birmingham in the Championship last season. Clearly affected them being involved in Europe. Staying up is our priority, not winning a league cup!!

dont understand why teams and supporters dont want to win every competition they enter? Yes Premiership is where the money is and we really could do with staying there but surely winning this would be a good bonus with a spot in Europe (where you get to play some big teams these days). Unfortunatly money talks in football these days. Shame its becoming a pointless cup and might as well not really have prem teams in it.