Leeds 3 Saints 0

Dazza82

very rarely do teams go down and bounce back up...look at the utter circus at west ham...and the money they spent to finish 3rd...very rarely does the manager that takes a club down survive past may

The only recent decentish example of a yo-yo team is WBA, but even they spent a season failing in the playoffs before they got it right. It just annoys me seeing people say ''Anyway, if we do go down at least we'll be winning games again and we can bounce back with a decent side''. It really won't be like that.

I'll never understand why people have such a period over the COCup. It's a competition that over time has become more and more pointless. It's the JPT for the top leagues. The top sides don't really want to be in it, the relegation battlers don't really want to be in it, so it's only mid-table sides that really can take it seriously. Granted, it gives a day out at Wembley and a European Cup spot if you win it, but how often does that happen? Besides Arsenal's poor showing tonight, even clubs like Man U and Man City's second or third teams are better than most others 1st XI.

How could they make people take this competition seriously? Who knows. Fine any team that makes more than five changes from their previous match? Possibly.

Anyone who wants Adkins out because our reserves are losing to a very competitive Leeds side need their heads seeing to. Why are you surprised?

Why play a reserve side? And it isn't reserves, it's players host should be trying to get into the team for WBA.

Not having a laugh at all.. Win this tonight against a championship side and then we are in the quarter finals.. Who knows what could happen then as we would only be three wins from a cup.. Is that so strange?

To be fair, doing a Birmingham is probably about as positive as I can see the season going. So you have a point I guess.

That said - I don't see us getting back into this.

I'll never understand why people have such a period over the COCup. It's a competition that over time has become more and more pointless. It's the JPT for the top leagues. The top sides don't really want to be in it, the relegation battlers don't really want to be in it, so it's only mid-table sides that really can take it seriously. Granted, it gives a day out at Wembley and a European Cup spot if you win it, but how often does that happen? Besides Arsenal's poor showing tonight, even clubs like Man U and Man City's second or third teams are better than most others 1st XI.

How could they make people take this competition seriously? Who knows. Fine any team that makes more than five changes from their previous match? Possibly.

Its a game of football though, and a game we could win to help our morale. If we lose it, it's just another loss in this very sorry season. What would it be? something like 8 defeats in 12 games or something? Horrific.

It's strange, he seems like a totally different manager this season. I am left wondering if there is more going on behind the scenes than we realise to be honest. He's made some silly mistakes which are uncharacteristic of him.

What makes you think the manner in which this evenings game has been set-up and played is considered a mistake? If we happen to win it will be seen as a success.

Why play a reserve side? And it isn't reserves, it's players host should be trying to get into the team for WBA.

It is the reserves though isn't it. How many starts have this lot between them this seasob so far? Can't imagine it's many.

Hardly a stupid system either is it. 442 doesnt work, what would you rather we played? 5 in midield? 5 at the back ?

It is the reserves though isn't it. How many starts have this lot between them this seasob so far? Can't imagine it's many.

Hardly a stupid system either is it. 442 doesnt work, what would you rather we played? 5 in midield? 5 at the back ?

442 doesnt work playing leeds united...?

Because we need to get into the habit of winning whatever fixture it is.

Jos, Lee, Mayuka, Davis, JWP, Reeves, Chappers. All part of the first team squad, at least on the bench in the PL games. It's not really a reserve team, a mixture of PL squad players and a couple of reserves such as Seaborne and SDR.

Guly, Ward Prowse, Mayuka, Lee, Hooliveld, Davis, Chaplow Reeves all players who should be trying to get into the first team. We are playing 4-5-1 and it's not working.

A cup is a cup. The League Cup is still proper silverware.

I'd take it over five, six, seven league spots (as long as we don't go down).

Being that we're not even playing until Monday night, we should be trying to win with a full strength side.

I still don't actually think the 11 is too bad, just disjointed by the sounds of it. At the end of the day it's hard for us to make a massive comment as we can't see it, but the fact we're losing isn't a good sign.

Any team with Butterfield,Seaborne and De Ridder can't be good. We don't give Dickson a game so why bother with those 3 either.

Any team with Butterfield,Seaborne and De Ridder can't be good. We don't give Dickson a game so why bother with those 3 either.

Still not that bad against an average CCC team, although I've almost come to the conclusion that SDR isn't even up to that level.

Sounds like Mayuka has been stranded up front while our midfield have dropped deep and been dominated. Lee and De Ridder have been useless according to the commentators or R5LX

Sounds like we've continuously hit it long to him as well, which isn't a clever tactic.

Like I said, how many starts have they got between them?

Yes they're players who want to be in the first team, but that also means theyre going to be rusty. The one with the most starts is probably JWP who is a great prospect, but one of those players who will look better amongst better players.

Not sure why people are getting so wound up about this result. I fully expect to lose tonight. As long as we don't get any suspensions or injuries I won't be bothered, whereas when we lose a league game it ruins my whole weekend.

I really don't think that is the way forward. It is up to the individual manager to select the team he wants to play - if he wants to rest his first 11 and play the reserves/kids then that is up to him. Well done to the manager who takes the competition seriously and wins a place in Europe - if others aren't fussed then so be it. I want us to win every game and have a cup run but I also understand why managers rest many of their key players when they have so many games to play. I feel sorry for the fans who travel all that way to see a reserve/youth team but surely they must know that that is going to be the case before they buy their ticket.

just said do prado and chaplow have done absolutely nothing....they taters are absolutely shocked at how bad we are and how adkins has approached this game

I hear you DD, and I am with you with regards to NA FWIW. I created a thread regarding the the NA not running the team anymore, but got completely shot down and bullied. But hey **** it, NA deserves to lose his job. He really seems to have lost it. Right through the club. Shame. Good bloke.

Like I said, how many starts have they got between them?

Yes they're players who want to be in the first team, but that also means theyre going to be rusty. The one with the most starts is probably JWP who is a great prospect, but one of those players who will look better amongst better players.

Not sure why people are getting so wound up about this result. I fully expect to lose tonight. As long as we don't get any suspensions or injuries I won't be bothered, whereas when we lose a league game it ruins my whole weekend.

We should be looking to win games though, continuously losing isn't going to help anyone, which is all we're doing this season. I don't understand how anyone would just except a loss, especially in this season we're having.

This is a winnable game.

Sounds like Mayuka has been stranded up front while our midfield have dropped deep and been dominated. Lee and De Ridder have been useless according to the commentators or R5LX

No surprise there. I really don't get why some people on this forum talk of Tadanari Lee as if he's this amazing player. If he was that good we wouldn't have got him on a free transfer and he wouldn't have been playing in the awful J-League at the age of 25.

We should be looking to win games though, continuously losing isn't going to help anyone, which is all we're doing this season. I don't understand how anyone would just except a loss, especially in this season we're having.

This is a winnable game.

add ths game to the ever growing list of the "write-offs"

Some simply amazing reactions on here tonight. If we had truly wanted to win this tie we would have packed the team with Sunday's starters.

As it happened we wanted to give a run-out to some fringe and emerging players, some might have to accept that this could mean a loss.

It would be exactly the same folk moaning like buggery if Lallana or Rickie did a hamstring in a 'needless fixture'.