Welcome to Saints Mauricio Pochettino

Spudders

I have nothing against the guy as i have never heard of him...

But Nigel was doing a decent job and improving...

So sorry Mr Ponchetti if i don`t get all welcoming

YOU HAVE A MASSIVE JOB ON HERE..YOU WILL BE IN BIG TROUBLE IF WE ARE NOT WINNING FROM THE VERY START...good luck with that

In what way is this going to help? I am as gutted and shocked as everybody else (as I was when Pardew went) but I really can`t see it having any poitive effect. These things happen in football and it MAY just be that NC has done the right thing. Only time will tell but to condemn MP out of hand, even though most of us hadn`t heard of him is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction.

I don't care how good he is the actions of cortese today are disgraceful. I want us to be relegated now we don't deserve to stay up this way.

I fuly understand the feelings on the board. I myself am shocked and angry about it. All directed at our chairman and not the new guy. Currently, I cannot see what MP has over our Nigel. All the stuff being said in Spain over MP can also be directed at our Nige as well. This decision is just completely out of the blue and so badly timed. It is only going to hurt us. I hope everyone who goes on Monday shows the chairman just how displeased as a fanbase we are, but still support our team!

From what I was told the decision to get a new manager was decided mid October, of course I shared this on here and got ripped to pieces. This is not a knee jerk appointment, this has been in the offing for a long time.

this - get a grip people FFS!!!!!

Class. half our side cannot speak English, now we have a manager that cannot either. Sounds like Chelsea. onwards and upwards. We support the players and results count. We all know how fickle we are as fans. Sad for Nigel but sometimes a change is needed. We won't be able to get this reversed so best to back the team.

Very disappointing response.

I love Adkins, wanted him to stay, but for the sake of the team and the club, I'll not take that out on the new man. He deserves a chance.

Exactly this! I can totally understand everyone being ******ed off about adkins going, but getting on the new guys back when we know nothing about him is just silly.

Regardless of my own opinion about his appointment and the sacking of Adkins, I believe he is doomed to failure. It will take time for the players to adapt to his style of play / management and that is the last thing we need right now. The 'new manager syndrome' is widely talked about in football, where the appointment of a new boss can give an immediate boost to the team and the results, but we didn't need that, so there won't be any immediate improvement. It seems that most of the fan base are against this decision so as soon as any cracks appear the crowd will be on his back straight away.

The whole thing is just utter madness.

I am probably one of the few who thinks a change was needed but agree the timing is very poor I would have done it in the summer. I like Nigel but think he had taken us as far as he could. No doubt we have treated him poorly but having watched a lot of Espanyol he did have them playing well up until the finances forced him to sell he key players. My concern about this is that Nigel seemed to have a good team spirit and seeing what has happened at QPR with a good group of players and lack of team spirit.

He's a creeping c*nt negotiatiing with Cortese behind Adkins back about stealing his job. Don't these things usually happen with the current manager getting sacked first so everyone can pretend they went about it honourably? I don't remember the last time a sacking and appointment was in the same f*cking press release.

Lets just remember that the new guy is not responsible for sacking Adkins. It isn't his fault. He has done what most of us would done and taken a good opportunity. Lets back the new man as we would any manager of this club.
that is a top post Turkish, the fans have to back the team. It is a weird decision but NC has more to lose than most of us on here.

Are are some ****ing moronic arseholes on here today - there are two SEPERATE issues here - Adkins leaving' date=' the new Guy strating - The xenophobic reactionary ant-argentinian idiocy some are advocating is far more 'dusgusting' than anything NC has done....[/quote']

Yep. Gutted as anyone that NA is going, but does the new guy really deserve this reaction? And my some of you are racist w4nkers aren't you.

I don't care how good he is the actions of cortese today are disgraceful. I want us to be relegated now we don't deserve to stay up this way.

What a ridiculous stance to take. Yeah let's get relegated, that will teach us. I assume that you won't follow us if we get back to be really successful

He's a creeping c*nt negotiatiing with Cortese behind Adkins back about stealing his job. Don't these things usually happen with the current manager getting sacked first so everyone can pretend they went about it honourably? I don't remember the last time a sacking and appointment was in the same f*cking press release.

Coyle out Laws in?

Lets just remember that the new guy is not responsible for sacking Adkins. It isn't his fault. He has done what most of us would done and taken a good opportunity. Lets back the new man as we would any manager of this club.

Exactly right. However you are trying to rationally explain something to someone who's response is this...

Are are some ****ing moronic arseholes on here today - there are two SEPERATE issues here - Adkins leaving' date=' the new Guy strating - The xenophobic reactionary ant-argentinian idiocy some are advocating is far more 'dusgusting' than anything NC has done....[/quote']

The voice of reason. Yes its a gamble and yes I feel sorry for NA but I do think we are about to enter a new era, the proof of which we may will see in the remainder of the transfer window. The message from Cortese is that mediocrity in the Premier League isn't good enough. I hope it works out.

This

I don't give a f*ck who comes in as manager. There's more to football than just the success on the pitch. We haven't had such a solid squad, manager and backroom staff that are all happy together for such a long time. Loyalty comes first.

Yep. Gutted as anyone that NA is going, but does the new guy really deserve this reaction? And my some of you are racist w4nkers aren't you.

The racism isn't surprising - just look at the reaction to the BBC article on the EU. There are plenty of thick people out there, after all someone has to vote UKIP. Nevertheless, I feel sick for Nigel - awful decision. I will support Nigel but won't direct any abuse at this new guy, I don't want a repeat of the Chelsea Di Matteo/Rafa situation. However, the Everton performance will tell us plenty about the players view on this - I expressed concern early on that they weren't playing for Nigel but boy they have been giving everytning for him since which is why this is so unfathomable. Will be furious if Guly starts ahead of Rickie on Monday night as S Clarke and others have suggested.

Ok I’m as disappointed as everyone else about the loss of Nige, BUT I was disappointed when pards went and that change was for the better. We have to trust Cortese and his vision, he’s not let us down so far, so whilst we wish Nigel all the best, we need to get behind the new manager, a young man with a similar vision.

Totally Agree Mate!

I am probably one of the few who thinks a change was needed but agree the timing is very poor I would have done it in the summer. I like Nigel but think he had taken us as far as he could. No doubt we have treated him poorly but having watched a lot of Espanyol he did have them playing well up until the finances forced him to sell he key players. My concern about this is that Nigel seemed to have a good team spirit and seeing what has happened at QPR with a good group of players and lack of team spirit.

I don't give a f*ck who comes in as manager. There's more to football than just the success on the pitch. We haven't had such a solid squad, manager and backroom staff that are all happy together for such a long time. Loyalty comes first.

To many of us it does, or should, but to most who run clubs, it doesn't. We either need to accept that, try to do something about it, or walk away from football... not an easy choice when you have a conscience but love football.

Without NC - there was no club , how would we all feel if he said right , I have had enough put the club up for sale - some mong comes in like "down the road" because as we all know Fans are always right , we know everything , who to play who to bring in , 442 , 451, you name it - Its football people come and go, all I can say is this new guy will know one thing and one thing only - if you are not meeting the HIGH expectations of this club - your a gonner . Wait and see what happens and never boo the new guy

Adkins had less, I think...?

This guy has decent credentials, the job he has done with Espanyol is pretty good and he won manager of the year in 2011. He also wasn't sacked by Espanyol, it was mutual consent because of the finances. He has previously been linked to take over from Mourinho at Real Madrid. We have signed a young, talented and highly rated manager, however we have also lost one and the timing is awful.

We need to back him, we can't get Nigel back and the negativity helps nothing, we'll turn into Blackburn

Fans on SSN saying they are tearing up their season tickets, like many on here need a to get a grip.

Are are some ****ing moronic arseholes on here today - there are two SEPERATE issues here - Adkins leaving' date=' the new Guy starting - The xenophobic reactionary anti-argentinian idiocy some are advocating is far more 'disgusting' than anything NC has done....[/quote']100% agree with that. Mods- please post this message as a huge red sticky (or a summary of it). I have fixed the spelling errors :lol:

Exactly this. Saints fans crack me up creaming themselves about going onto the next level and all that bo**cks. Adkins suited us down to the ground, can't put a price on the value of a club being united behind it's manager.

Exactly......not interested in hearing anything about this this new guy at the moment. You can't put a price on having a squad and fan base all behind the manager. It's not all that common these days.

Very disappointing response.

I love Adkins, wanted him to stay, but for the sake of the team and the club, I'll not take that out on the new man. He deserves a chance.

Disappointing indeed, but unfortunately not surprising given the sort of people who frequent this forum and the sort of people who are football supporters in general. Not the brightest.

Gutted for Adkins and Crosby, and really shocked at this decision, but fully behind the new guy. It's not his fault Adkins got sacked.

Bit concerned that he can't speak English though.

Today is not the right time for this thread.

Everyone needs to vent their spleen at this act of gross injustice.

Tomorrow thoughts can turn to supporting the new management team.

Says the man who has spent the past 2 or so years slating him, his team selection and his ability to attract players....

Due to money problems - he was voted La Liga manager of the year in 2011.

So what? No one cares at the moment, what he did in Spain doesn't really mean anything.

Especially as his achievements were at a club which he played at for 10 years and helpfully could speak with his players in the same ****ing language.

So what? No one cares at the moment, what he did in Spain doesn't really mean anything.

Especially as his achievements were at a club which he played at for 10 years and helpfully could speak with his players in the same ****ing language.

Then I guess I'll log off and wait till everyone has got this out of their system.