Gascoigne

Viking Warrior

if it was me or someone I know..I would not give a monkies what you thought...you dont know me, will never meet me and I am just words to you. so who cares really..?

sorry, but I live in a world where people come and go...some have to deal with more than drink addiction...so I dont find much sympathy with gazza...for no other reason than I dont know him at all....and never will.....

at least I am honest and not full of bullshyt and desperately trying to show my full fakeness online here, facebook, twitter or media phone in show...

I hope he pulls through...but I am not going to be a hypocrite and come out with crap like "pray for gazza"

I think you are quite lonely to be honest, a definite 'producer' type of individual, which isn't a bad thing. I can only conclude that you don't have a sparse range of vocabulary to express yourself in a more positive light - hence the defensive choice of language that you tend to adopt. It's a shame that you keep choosing to use the 'I don't know you' or 'I don't know him' as this demonstrates a very shallow personality.

Do you really mean it when you say this or are you just posturing? Surely you feel a little bit of emotion or feeling when you see or hear about the death/deaths of people who you never knew?

Can you honestly say that you 'don't/couldn't give a monkies', or 'who cares' when you see the death of a British soldier, or any nationality for that matter, that you didn't know personally? I am sure this is not the case as you are certainly not a bad person. Maybe you should spend some one-to-one time with people who have only been dealt ****e from the day that they were born, just you and them and listen to their story, I don't think even you would not re-evaluate your outlook on those in need of support.

I won't be praying for him either, neither will I be joining any nonsense FB/Twitter groups - but I wish him all the best in his recovery, as I would you or anyone else.

There must be a word for over the top webforum sanctimoniousness.

Delldays doesn't peddle out the usual platitudes and is now a "psychopath" and gets lectures about hypothetical soldiers...

Come on then. You people who, like, really care about Gazza.

Come on Barney Trubble. Great lecture earlier but what are you doing about him or for him?

Let us know. Actual, tangible stuff please. Luckily you've had the whole weekend to take action, so there must be loads you've done by now.

Good morning Mr Fry, how are you today?

I stand by my comments, plus my additional ones. I think you are losing a degree of pragmatism in this whole debate when you ask what people have done for Gazza. I haven't done a thing for him and it's unlikely that I won't ever because of the practical side of life. What do you suggest I do in practical terms that will enable me to assist him in his recovery?

However, I did work for many years in a number of roles working with a person(s) with mental health issues/alcoholism etc when I was in the UK, some as part of my job and some on a volunteer basis and it gave me great insight.

Gazza will ultimately have to help himself, this I totally agree with, it's up to him but at least show a fellow human being a bit of respect when he's at rock bottom - I am sure you understand this human trait as it's common decency.

What a load of crap mate

Because I don't feel too sorry for a complete stranger..: I must have a limited vocabulary

Jesus mate, talk about getting personal

Funny he starts preaching about "human decency" further down the same post.

Laughable stuff from our resident saint.

Excellent article by jimmy greaves . He focuses on one key

Point for me . The fact is that the only person than can help Gascogne is himself . It has to come from within

Oh I see there's an up and coming documentary on life with Gazza . Why am I not surprised . Instead of using your friends etc Gazza find you own path to overcome the addiction . It will be painful but if you don't your not hurting yourself just all your friends and family who still stick by you .

Excellent article by jimmy greaves . He focuses on one key

Point for me . The fact is that the only person than can help Gascogne is himself . It has to come from within

Oh I see there's an up and coming documentary on life with Gazza . Why am I not surprised . Instead of using your friends etc Gazza find you own path to overcome the addiction . It will be painful but if you don't your not hurting yourself just all your friends and family who still stick by you .

Spot on, it has to come from deep within him, I don't know if has the strength of character to be honest as he's let himself and a lot of those around him too many times now. I hope I am wrong of course.

I think Gazza never got to know Paul Gascoigne (Howls of ridicule from our resident chavs at that comment 555). I think he just couldn't stop trying to live up to, or behaving to the standard he felt others expected of him and had to play the fool and joker. He now has to find Paul Gascoigne and start to know him, like him and control him. It's possible but it's a very long road.

What a load of crap mate

Because I don't feel too sorry for a complete stranger..: I must have a limited vocabulary

Jesus mate, talk about getting personal

Yes, that's about it, you seem quite limited per se. I haven't got personal at all, just pointing out that if you can't have any feeling or emotion for a total stranger and his plight then you don't have a great deal of dexterity within your mind and heart. Anyway, what do you care what I write, you don't give a 'Monkies' do you about what others think of you.

Funny he starts preaching about "human decency" further down the same post.

Laughable stuff from our resident saint.

555 - Saint? Me? 555

Dear dear....priceless.

im not limited at all mate...I live in a different world to you it seems..I dont need to get all upset about someone I dont know

that does not make me limited, that does not make my vocabulary lacking in anyway....I am perfectly happy with my non out pouring of grief (on tap)

Like I said..I work with people who have had a far harder life, have to deal with far tougher issues and get no where near the support gazza gets and they get on with it with a smile on their face...that does not mean they dont have problems..but what they do not want, is people feeling sorry for them...hence why I dont for them and certainly do not for a stranger

Huge amount of hypocracy in the media though.... how they all cheered his 'dentist chair' goal celebrations immediately after chastising him for the pre EURO 96 escapades in Hong Kong. For any one with a personality issue as Greevsie points out, who needs to be liked, this country and its obsession with needing to get bladdered to have a good time, meant Gazza's 'best mates' were those who 'enjoyed a drink' - and where are they now? When he played he probably had enough dry days when training etc for it not to become an issue, but even then he tended to binge with his fat belly mates... when the football stopped, he had little else. Its very sad this happens to anyone, but I dont believe he should be singled out for the collective national sympathy as so often happens with famous people - there are thousands of others in the same boat who get little or less support and sympathy...

Frank you have hit the nail on the head re him being singled out because he is a celeb . I don't see the media saying anything about the thousands of others up and down the country who suffer from this affliction . This is the sole reason I side with dell days on this matter and his points about others who have far tougher issues to deal with than gazza but they get on with it the best they can with limited or no support

Frank you have hit the nail on the head re him being singled out because he is a celeb . I don't see the media saying anything about the thousands of others up and down the country who suffer from this affliction . This is the sole reason I side with dell days on this matter and his points about others who have far tougher issues to deal with than gazza but they get on with it the best they can with limited or no support

Probably being singled out because his skills with a football brought joy to millions of people in the Italian World Cup. His illness in itself is no sadder than anyone else going through alcohol addiction, but the fact that so many people had a connection with him is why he gets publicity. It's not that hard to understand.

I fell sorry for anyone with an alcohol addiction. I didn't know Gazza but the fact that I've seen him go from megastar to complete f*ck up makes it particularly sad.

He didn't say that though he said in this instance he doesn't know him and he doesn't feel sympathy for him. It doesn't mean that you are incapable of feeling sympathy for everyone you don't know.

He said he doesnt feel much for people he doesn't know - nothing about this or that particular instance.

So what we've learnt this week is anyone who doesn't type out some words of sympathy for any random public figure on a football messageboard is an illiterate unfeeling psychopath.

Internet sanctimoniousness taken to a whole new level. Well done chaps. Keep typing boys...it really helps.

Problem is the bloke has a complete inability to help himself.

He had a very tough start in life and was first having treatment for obsessive behaviour at the age of 10. It's clearly an area of his life that he's never been able to control.

Do I feel sorry for him? I do in part, but if it was a straight choice between 'yes' or 'no' I'd actually have to side towards 'no'.

Sure he's had a difficult start in life but I've personally known countless people who have had similar starts and have turned their lives around with significantly less help than Gascoigne's had over the years.

The guy at least knows his problems and his demons so he's got somewhere but there's something about him that stops his recovery and puts him back to square one each time. There does seem to be a streak of his personality that demands attention and he ultimately can't overcome it, and it's a streak that's got to the level of nastiness where he's repeatedly drunk himself to near-death or domestically abused his ex-wife over a couple of years.

Course I don't know him and don't know his problems and am putting forward educated guesswork but I do think there is a certain stubborness to him that is stopping him ultimately overcoming his problems. I think part of him doesn't want to be helped.

Jimmy Greaves hit the nail on the head, like any addict you have to have the will and determination to stop and you have to fight that each and every day

For Gazza it won't be drying our now in the US it will be hen he's back sitting for days on end on his Todd in a flat in Bournemouth

Wish a club could get him involved in youth coaching or some such, give him something to get up for

• 4 weeks later...

I was on my way back from edinburgh Yesterday

And I saw the various news paper headlines, about Gascoigne returning to the UK yesterday.

Clearly gascoigne has sold hios soul to the sun , but it was three other papers that effed me off with headings such as A suntanned Hero gascoinge returned to the UK and Hero gascoinge returns home , Hero Gascoigne overcomes alcohol addiction

First Gascoigne is not a hero, never will be and never has been. As for the overcoming his addiction , he hasnt , it takes years to overcome the addiction, not a month in a rehab clinic. Also how can he said he heard 3 doctors say he was dead. he was so out of it. I know papers sensationalise the storeis but he is not a hero

Hypo I agree but you can be sure he is getting thousands from the sun for selling his soul to them

the question is more who is advising him. I doubt his thought process was one of 'lets cash in on my situation'. Maybe it was but in that case it would just confirm his ignorance. I think he is a deeply damaged person who is incapable of making sensible decisions like not selling this sort of story to the papers.

Sun said yesterday they had an exclusive on his time in Rehab. So for me they were the succesive bidders.

From todays current bun

Booze fightback ... Gazza

Exclusive

By STEPHEN MOYES and TOM WELLS

Published: 8 hrs ago

5 PAUL Gascoigne told last night how a DVD message from family and friends including Sir Alex Ferguson helped save his life.

Gazza, 45, was played the Man United boss’s words as he battled his drink demons in a US rehab clinic.

He said: “He told me everyone at United was rooting for me.”

Fergie, 71, was among a host of friends and relatives who filmed contributions to an emotional video shown to alcoholic Gazza as part of his treatment in America.

And Gazza, now home in the UK after a five-week stint in an Arizona clinic, admitted their heartfelt messages spurred him on as he fought his way back from the very brink of death.

BUY TODAY'S SUN TO READ THE FULL EXCLUSIVE STORY PLUS PICTURES

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4835673/paul-gascoigne-sir-alex-ferguson-dvd-message-of-support.html#ixzz2NFwhe1Qu

Edited by Viking Warrior

This is what a Hero is bloody gutter press not gascoigne as you reported last week

A soldier killed protecting his comrades in Afghanistan is to be awarded the Victoria Cross - the UK's top bravery medal.

Lance Corporal James Ashworth's courage was hailed as "beyond words" by friends who served with him until his death last June.

• 3 months later...

This whole sorry saga is only going to end one way unfortunately for Gazza.

The only people I really feel sorry for are his family, and those that donated money to get him into rehab in the US, only for him to go and throw it back in their faces.

What illness does he have?

In layman's terms Turkish,,,,,,,hes a f**kin pi** head,

when you think of all the kids born into this world who are culled by killer diseases such as cancer, then you see how much is wasted on the likes of him,

Give him a five gall drum of his favorite brand of poison and sit him at the top of Shakespeare cliff,

when you think of all the kids born into this world who are culled by killer diseases such as cancer, then you see how much is wasted on the likes of him,

Give him a five gall drum of his favorite brand of poison and sit him at the top of Shakespeare cliff,

Oh right,so he likes a beer too much as I thought, he hasn't actually been diagnosed with anything.

Oh right,so he likes a beer too much as I thought, he hasn't actually been diagnosed with anything.

Er, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, bulimia and OCD years ago, as well as serious alcohol withdrawal syndrome when he's tried to stop drinking. He was also first taken into therapy at 10 years old for obsessive behaviour.

He's a very ill man although sadly has a complete inability to help himself, and at the current trend he isn't going to last much longer

Er, he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, bulimia and OCD years ago, as well as serious alcohol withdrawal syndrome when he's tried to stop drinking. He was also first taken into therapy at 10 years old for obsessive behaviour.

He's a very ill man although sadly has a complete inability to help himself, and at the current trend he isn't going to last much longer

That is very sad. My brother-in-law used to go drinking with him when Gascoigne lived in Broxbourne. He could out drink even my BIL and that's saying something.

Normally I don't have a lot of sympathy for alcoholics but with Gazza I think things are a bit worse. He has had numerous mental health issues for a long time and his alcohol problems have spilled largely from that and making some poor friend choices in his life.

He isn't just some p*ss head like Best or Winehouse.

Fair enough I didn't know about the bipolar. I don't consider being an alkie drunken bum be an illness though.

He needs and deserves help. Best English player for decades. True story that he was on a plane with Iron Maiden and they had to call his wife when they landed to come and get him as he was freaking them out. Obviously a very crazed and drunken Gazza, but a legend in all respects. The PFA should treat him as they would a king because we haven't produced a player near his quality for some time and he can't cope. Some of the hard nosed tosh written on hear is astounding. Just wait until life bites you.

He needs and deserves help. Best English player for decades. True story that he was on a plane with Iron Maiden and they had to call his wife when they landed to come and get him as he was freaking them out. Obviously a very crazed and drunken Gazza, but a legend in all respects. The PFA should treat him as they would a king because we haven't produced a player near his quality for some time and he can't cope. Some of the hard nosed tosh written on hear is astounding. Just wait until life bites you.

He has had loads of help and it has been thrown back in the faces of those who put there had in their pockets. Why does he deserve help over the old drunk I see everyday at the station? I am with Turkish on this one..... There is a distinct difference between an addiction and an illness. Gazza was an amazing player, but that doesn't stop him from being a wife beating **** head.

Too many tears shed for him, energy would be better spent on those that really want to change.

No, they should treat him as a man with mental health issues because he is a man with mental health issues. Sadly it may well be too late to help Gazza now, his problems might have gone beyond the point of no return. I couldn't say without knowing him personally but I think the time to help him was 20 odd years ago. Someone should have kicked his arse in gear and sorted him out when he was younger, instead of going out on the **** with Chris Evans and Danny Baker every night.

People just laughed at his antics when he was a media darling at the top of his game. It was then when he needed proper counciling but unfortunately managers like Venables were unaware his jokey nature was hiding an illness. I cannot poke fun at such a sad individual and unless you have seen how seemingly normal people turn into frightened animals when they come under the terrible weapon of their own minds you will never understand what he is going through. It is nothing to do with shunning help it is down to the power of a brain that has not wired up properly.