Saints vs West Ham - Build Up

Lighthouse

If those 3 out, I don't think we'll win. Rodriguez has been superb for us in recent weeks and fits Poche's style so well. Especially if Puncheon is out as well, that means it'll be Lallana/Davis/Gaston most probably.

And Fox, well we all know about Fox's limitations...!

If those 3 out, I don't think we'll win. Rodriguez has been superb for us in recent weeks and fits Poche's style so well. Especially if Puncheon is out as well, that means it'll be Lallana/Davis/Gaston most probably.

And Fox, well we all know about Fox's limitations...!

Still a strong AM 3 though. Shows where our strength and depth has been this season

Still a strong AM 3 though. Shows where our strength and depth has been this season

True, but don't fancy Gaston putting in a performance with Nolan et al booting him every 5 minutes. Think we'll start with the same team as Sat if everyone is fit. Only change I could imagine is Lallana for Gaston.

True, but don't fancy Gaston putting in a performance with Nolan et al booting him every 5 minutes. Think we'll start with the same team as Sat if everyone is fit. Only change I could imagine is Lallana for Gaston.

As the home side, I would think we would be protected a bit better from the physical stuff. Crowd need to make it intimidating for the ref to make sure we get the right decisions.

West Ham are the type of bunch of duffers Gaston just might take apart. Hope to see him start for his usual 65 minutes on Saturday.

I don't know where people get this idea that Gaston can't handle the physical side of the game?

He was brought up in Uruguay which has some of the toughest (dirtiest) football going and has on many occassions in a Saints shirt used his strength to win possession back or create space for a pass.

I'm not too worried about the illness scares although it would be sad if JRod can't continue his fine run of form. Fox will be fine as will guly if he stands in for Puncheon. The big match up is Rickie (£1m) -v- Carroll (£35m). No contest really. Fancy 2-0 forth this.

It does, hence why a few clubs have dispensed with Fat Sam after a few years because it doesn't look like they've made much progress, a few like Bolton and Blackburn to their detriment, but they've done it because he does one season teams, gets a few experienced pros in, plays fairly direct football and concentrates mainly on ebing hard to beat. A good strategy to stay in the league, not so good to push up it, pretty much the same reason Stoke have declined over the last few years. He doesn't try to imporve youngsters or bring them into the team and his buys are usually for the then and now rather with an eye to the future.

I suppose it depends if you want to accept your lot and finish mid table or gamble a bit more for progress. Hence probably why Turkish will laud him and West Ham because he's doing an effective job of keeping them in the league with the 'premiership experience' players some people on here claimed we should ahve signed.

If i remember correctly quite a few on here were drooling over West Ham and how they had approached the league this year in contrast with us, those comparisons have got less and less over the season as our buys have improved whilst West Ham's have been pretty much the same, fairly average do a job players in an average do a job team. Even if we finsih below West Ham this year I reckon our team will naturally improve next year where as West Ham's will probably be pretty similar.

There is some spectular horse sh it written on this forum but this really is something special, a completely innacurate rewriting of history here full of utter bullsh it.

Alladyces tactic of just keeping teams in the league and not gambling to push up the table spectacularly backfired at Bolton, when between 03/04-06/07 they had 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, as high as 6th one season. How does this fit with your claims that is tactics are simply "a good strategy to stay in the league, not so good to push up it"? Perhaps you meant Bolton should have finished in the top 4, rather than your claim of accepting their lot and settling for midtable?

After leaving Bolton (not being dispensed with as you claimed) he then had both Newcastle and Blackburn settled in midtable before being fired. Blackburn finished 15th in his first season then 10th, so much for a lack fo progress tht youre claiming. Newcastle were settled in midtable as well, remind us please what happened to both if these clubs just a couple of short season after he left them.

I don't like he bloke particularly but only an absolutely f*cking moron would claim he isn't a decent manager and hasn't done well at relatively every club he's been at, so its no wonder that some on here claim he this is the case, with spectacularly innacurate versions of history like in your case.

hahaha they are loving Shurlock on their forum and Saint Garrett.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147115&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

Ag Ag Ag, bless em! To be fair my dislike of West Ham mainly comes from my group of mates who are all West Ham apart from one, who is a Chelsea fan. Had to deal with abuse all year about it, so about earned the right to give it out a bit now we're above them. Add the fact that I truly despise Allardyce and his tactics, and also my most hated footballer is Kevin Nolan, it all adds up to a bit of hatred.

I do like Jarvis and Tomkins, and Noble I like, but the rest of their side is pretty poor. Vaz Te can be a handful but is normally pretty in and out of games.

There is some spectular horse sh it written on this forum but this really is something special, a completely innacurate rewriting of history here full of utter bullsh it.

Alladyces tactic of just keeping teams in the league and not gambling to push up the table spectacularly backfired at Bolton, when between 03/04-06/07 they had 4 consecutive top 8 finishes, as high as 6th one season. How does this fit with your claims that is tactics are simply "a good strategy to stay in the league, not so good to push up it"? Perhaps you meant Bolton should have finished in the top 4, rather than your claim of accepting their lot and settling for midtable?

After leaving Bolton (not being dispensed with as you claimed) he then had both Newcastle and Blackburn settled in midtable before being fired. Blackburn finished 15th in his first season then 10th, so much for a lack fo progress tht youre claiming. Newcastle were settled in midtable as well, remind us please what happened to both if these clubs just a couple of short season after he left them.

I don't like he bloke particularly but only an absolutely f*cking moron would claim he isn't a decent manager and hasn't done well at relatively every club he's been at, so its no wonder that some on here claim he this is the case, with spectacularly innacurate versions of history like in your case.

Certainly yanked your chain didn't he?

hahaha they are loving Shurlock on their forum and Saint Garrett.

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147115&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=120

They are a bit 'bitey' on there aren't they! #waves

Never particularly liked West Ham myself, mainly due to an absolutely arrogant knuckle dragging c*ck who frequents the Eclipse in Winchester. At least a fair few of them have figured out R*dkn*pp for what he is, so they can't be all bad.

Best thing we can do is get at their keeper who's suspect, score early and force them to open up. Otherwise it has a QPR/Sunderland caginess about it.

Jrod's movement and pace would be a massive loss - Collins/Tomkins/Reid couldn't deal with him at their place (when he was still finding his feet) whereas Lambert has never really shone against them. Diame's pace through the middle will be a threat; otherwise Clyne and Shaw have more than enough to handle Jarvis and Vaz Te.

If I have criticism of MP is that we've been poor defending setpieces/crosses, so up to Jos to do his job and Morgan, Maya and Cork to be alive to the second balls.

Don't think we're vastly superior to them at all, I think we'll win but that's because we're in the better form. West Ham have some good players just like we do, albeit players who are suited to a more traditionally unfashionable style of football. Just because they don't play a swift passing game doesn't mean they can't though. It seems very arrogant to me to start saying that we are better in every position and will walk it on saturday, when actually on the whole the two teams are very similar in terms of ability ( the table doesn't lie) but our form should be enough to get us the win.

1-0 Saints, Lallana to score.

Do you put money on a draw aswell?

I did vs Reading as it was an away game. Don't try and find any logic in my actions as there isn 't any! :)

I also put another tenner on Reading when Saints went 1 up as the odds of a Reading went out to 33-1 or something silly at that point.

Madness I know but I did something similar during last seasons run in and it made me feel better! (And obviously helped Saints win...) :)

Edited by trousers

I did vs Reading as it was an away game. Don't try and find any logic in my actions as there isn 't any! :)

I also put another tenner on Reading when Saints went 1 up as the odds of a Reading went out to 33-1 or something silly at that point.

Madness I know but I did something similar during last seasons run in and it made me feel better! (And obviously helped Saints win...) :)

More money than sense!! :)

Based on the fact that I'll be watch ing the game down the Beach bar, means a draw at the best :?

Only seen 1 of the last 4 home games ... Qpr. :blush:

Maybe you won't.

Showing as ADMC channel 8 .... Which I think is the Nat Geo channel......

Needs a close watch and someone to pass by and check

Some people take things on the internet incredibly seriously.

Turkish I honestly couldn't give a flying salmon f*ck what you think. You being a registered user is the best thing to happen to this Forum and I'm entirely delighted that most post has riled you. I got the bit about Bolton incorrect I meant Blackburn, two B's what can you do.

He did very well at Bolton but has never kicked on from there, he left to Newcastle to win trophies and was widely hated for average results and sh*t football, that's why he was sacked.

He got some of his previous clubs to upper mid table and I also acknowledged that sacking him has been to their detriment something as usual you chose to ignore this because it would upset your tolling . If you read my comment with the other posts that were written around it I was responding to someone else who acknowlegded that Allardyce teams occasionally have a good season and bump themsleves up to top half but generally hover in the midtable area.

If he's such a good manager why the f*ck hasn't any half decent club had him as manager? and why has he been sacked so many times? Answer that one Mr 'think's he has the knowledge of all football'. Even all the West Ham fans know he was brought in to do a job of getting them up and keeping them up but have already started to question his tactics, style of football and long term planning.

As usual you cherry pick a post, take it out of context, and then proceed to act all smug like some stupid dog that has found a bone. Are you expecting some sort of keyboard warrior medla for finding a dew holes in my post? Or do you just crave attention? Hopefully you'll waste your other two posts on replyng to this as well so no one else has to listen to suffer you.

Turkish I honestly couldn't give a flying salmon f*ck what you think. You being a registered user is the best thing to happen to this Forum and I'm entirely delighted that most post has riled you. I got the bit about Bolton incorrect I meant Blackburn, two B's what can you do.

He did very well at Bolton but has never kicked on from there, he left to Newcastle to win trophies and was widely hated for average results and sh*t football, that's why he was sacked.

He got some of his previous clubs to upper mid table and I also acknowledged that sacking him has been to their detriment something as usual you chose to ignore this because it would upset your tolling . If you read my comment with the other posts that were written around it I was responding to someone else who acknowlegded that Allardyce teams occasionally have a good season and bump themsleves up to top half but generally hover in the midtable area.

If he's such a good manager why the f*ck hasn't any half decent club had him as manager? and why has he been sacked so many times? Answer that one Mr 'think's he has the knowledge of all football'. Even all the West Ham fans know he was brought in to do a job of getting them up and keeping them up but have already started to question his tactics, style of football and long term planning.

As usual you cherry pick a post, take it out of context, and then proceed to act all smug like some stupid dog that has found a bone. Are you expecting some sort of keyboard warrior medla for finding a dew holes in my post? Or do you just crave attention? Hopefully you'll waste your other two posts on replyng to this as well so no one else has to listen to suffer you.

Why are West Ham or Newcastle not considered half decent football clubs? How many English managers get jobs at any of the top 6 clubs these days? He doesn't play the nicest of football, but he's been a pretty successful manager throughout his career.

So looking forward to this one - this is going to be my five-year-old son's first ever Saints game! I just hope the trip up from Cornwall is worth it. I fancy us to win this one 2-1.

Likewise, very excited to be taking my six-year-old daughter for her SMS debut with a friend doing the same for his young sons. Hope the small folk don't get a crick in their necks from following the trajectory of some of the WH balls forward. 2-1 Saints would do nicely but the additional concern that the little lady enjoys it means I am pretty nervous