stoke tickets - SOLD OUT!

terrasaint

What the f*ck is the point in having a 'loyalty points' system if we don't use it for the last game of the season? It's unfair for people who can't access a computer at work, or likewise can't sit on the phone trying to get through for 2 hours, ridiculous.

I take it the points/priority system for tickets wasn't used for this. Bit unfair if that was the case.

I dont know when/if its ever been used. I've racked up plenty of points but been competing with everyone else on general sale all season. Only thing different today is they didnt allow new accounts to be set up but that certainly doesnt take into account priority as anyone could have an account without ever having purchased tickets ...

I questioned it a couple of months ago in reference to away games and this was the response...

"The point system is currently in its final stages of development and is not yet running, therefore away games are going by which previous away games you have been to. The point system will work as following when it is up and running:"

Then they just listed the points available. What a waste of time. Glad those 20 extra points I got for going to City came in handy though!

The loyalty points system doesn't work. That's why they aren't using it.
You're right it doesn't work, but it's not stopped them advertising how many points you get when buying each ticket. Why couldn't they have at least done what they do for big away games and make it you have to have been to 5 previous home games or whatever?

I told you a while back, its the Michael Owen effect, media frenzy, lots of people wanting to see his last game.

I think that is only a side attraction, if at all.

The sell out is due to:

a good run

playing attractive football

celebrate staying up

party atmosphere for the last match of the season (four years in a row now)

& "on the pitch"

I missed out unfortunately. I was ready and waiting at 0830 and tried as soon as they went on sale at 9am. I spent a fair bit of time trying in-between doing some work but then **** hit the fan at work and my attempts at getting tickets was put on hold. By the time I returned t lunchtime all tickets were gone which was hardly a surprise.

What annoys me is will anyone every develop a ticketing system that actually works without crashing out, falling over and telling you complete lies. At one point it told me I had actually already bought my quota of Stoke tickets which as I had not purchased any is simply not true.

In any case to those who got tickets I hope you enjoy the game.

Might be worth trying again tomorrow or the within the next few days. Last season's game against Coventry sold out, but a day or two later they released some additional tickets that weren't taken up by the disabled section. You will be sat right at the front though.

Booked my plane tickets from Norway for me and my missus and hotel in Southampton, but no tickets left for the Stoke match. Obviously the sellers marked. How much do I need to splash out for two tickets (next to each other)?

Booked my plane tickets from Norway for me and my missus and hotel in Southampton, but no tickets left for the Stoke match. Obviously the sellers marked. How much do I need to splash out for two tickets (next to each other)?

You've splashed the cash with the idea of going to the game on flights, you believe that you are now going to have to bite the bullet and cough up on the black market, I would have a look at the hospitality tickets as that way you are going into it with your eyes wide open.

Edited by John Boy Saint
Bloody iPad auto assume spelling, or should that be iPad make the user look uneducated setting!

You've splashed the cash with the idea of going to the game on flights, you believe that you are now going to have to bite the bullet and cough up on the back market, I would have a look at the hospitality tickets as that way you are going into it with your eyes wide open.

Well I guess you're right. I'll try to check out hospitality tickets tomorrow. Anyway if someone wats to sell two tickets for the Stoke match I am willing to go far.

I missed out unfortunately. I was ready and waiting at 0830 and tried as soon as they went on sale at 9am. I spent a fair bit of time trying in-between doing some work but then **** hit the fan at work and my attempts at getting tickets was put on hold. By the time I returned t lunchtime all tickets were gone which was hardly a surprise.

What annoys me is will anyone every develop a ticketing system that actually works without crashing out, falling over and telling you complete lies. At one point it told me I had actually already bought my quota of Stoke tickets which as I had not purchased any is simply not true.

In any case to those who got tickets I hope you enjoy the game.

Same here. It's a real disadvantage trying to get tickets and not living within 15 miles of the ground anymore. Suspect demand will only increase.

FAO Simo and all the other 'uber fans' - I went to a huge amount of games in L1, including Carlisle away, Northampton in the Cup, Brentford away x2, Tranmere, Stockport etc etc. I was restricted to Saturday games firstly by working in London and then moving to the South West because I was offered a great job down here, a million times better than anything I've ever been offered in Hampshire. I get to as many games as I can now, the ticket prices are fine but it's the petrol that's the killer. I'm thinking about an ST but my wife will want one so with travel and subs etc I'm looking down the barrel of £2-2.5k and that's a serious push plus you can rule out all non-weekend games.

I'm not complaining at the cluib because that was my choice but for people to call themselves better fans because they can pop down the ticket office whenever they want and they haven't got the courage to relocate if their career requires is pathetic. I'm sure the club will get it sorted because if we are going to attract people from a wider catchment - and I think we can - we need more flexible ticketing options that cater for people further than 4 miles away.

I know I'm about to kill a cat with my curiosity but... Why did you buy more tickets than you needed yesterday...?

Not having a pop at Bangkok because our ticketing system is very random but that's a good question that somebody ought to ask the club. I was expecting the Stoke tickets to go quickly so can live with that but concerned about next season if STs for myself and my other half aren't financially viable. I might look to car-share next season with other fans from the SW if people are interested. I'll join the site in full as well so I can get PMs, is there a non Paypal option for doing so?

Not having a pop at Bangkok because our ticketing system is very random but that's a good question that somebody ought to ask the club. I was expecting the Stoke tickets to go quickly so can live with that but concerned about next season if STs for myself and my other half aren't financially viable. I might look to car-share next season with other fans from the SW if people are interested. I'll join the site in full as well so I can get PMs, is there a non Paypal option for doing so?

I think you have the option to send a cheque in the post.

Bangkok Saint had a valid reason so apologies to him that I insinuated otherwise, but I guess there are examples of people buying more than they need for various reasons.

As a season ticket holder I can look at this from quite a neutral position, as I don't need to get involved in a mad rush. That doesn't make me a "better" supporter, just a guy who can arrange work around football and is lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket.

My take on it is that there has to be a bit of common sense used here. Surely a guy who has been to 10 home games should have the option to buy a ticket before a guy who has been to 1. That said, having lived abroad I know how important it is to get to watch your team whenever you can, and that whenever may only be twice a year. What doesn't feel right to me is the club allowing people to purchase lots of tickets in one go and not taking into account transaction history this season. It cant be that hard to sort out, they do it with away tickets.

I'm surprised the club didn't link games this season, they could of linked West Ham, West Brom and Stoke and allowed people to buy those 3 together before they went on general sale. I'm sure there would have been tickets on general sale for all 3, but it would allow the "regulars" to guarantee tickets.

I agree with the above, just seems a real lack of thought gone into it. I don't agree with the 'I'm a better fan than you' BS. But for someone who has been to every game of the season, but couldnt afford a ST at the start of the season, would have the same priority as someone who has been to watch Man Utd at home and Pompey last season. Something not quite right there.

I think you have the option to send a cheque in the post.

Thanksb Dig Dig, I'll do that.

Thanks for your reply as well Trousers, I too suspected there were good reasons for buying them in bulk but it does raise some questions. I've been reading the PTS saga on and off and some fine work has been done on there!

Seems bizarre that they didnt, as mentioned above, link games like they have in previous seasons. To be honest I was happy to go to S****horpe to get tickets to see Portsmouth, was actually a good day out that one! Dismayed the points system has been so, frankly, pointless this season and genuinely gutted for those who missed out for the Stoke game. Fortunately being a student working from home for a while spending most of my morning online trying to get tickets was no issue - sure plenty of other folk who sat through the dross that was Wigan, Sunderland or the fa cup hammering from Chelsea should have had a realistic shot at getting tickets for this one!

It appears that my purchase and subsequent sale within 24 hours has caused some questions to be asked. I understand that and pm'd Trousers my reasons. To set the record straight I will make it public. I live in the North West and my intention was to take my 6 year old to his first home game. Like many I spent a while trying to book them. Thanks to the post from Warsash Saint I was successful. In the early hours of this morning I had one of those horrible moments.......you know the type where you realise you have made a right cock up. I realised the game was a 4 pm kick off on a Sunday and in view of the fact we would have had a very late night it would not have been particularly beneficial lot my son to be up that late before school. Also and unfortunately for me completely unreversable was a work commitment I have on that Sunday which I knew about and stupidly hadn't put on my calendar. In view of that I took the decision that I would give the tickets to someone I considered a worthy cause which hoepfully I have done. So no profit making, no doing others out of deserved tickets just an honest mistake. FWIW I think the system of how they have sold these tickets stinks and some quite deserving people have lost out. I'm sorry if that is the case but its not down to me. Simon.

It appears that my purchase and subsequent sale within 24 hours has caused some questions to be asked. I understand that and pm'd Trousers my reasons. To set the record straight I will make it public. I live in the North West and my intention was to take my 6 year old to his first home game. Like many I spent a while trying to book them. Thanks to the post from Warsash Saint I was successful. In the early hours of this morning I had one of those horrible moments.......you know the type where you realise you have made a right cock up. I realised the game was a 4 pm kick off on a Sunday and in view of the fact we would have had a very late night it would not have been particularly beneficial lot my son to be up that late before school. Also and unfortunately for me completely unreversable was a work commitment I have on that Sunday which I knew about and stupidly hadn't put on my calendar. In view of that I took the decision that I would give the tickets to someone I considered a worthy cause which hoepfully I have done. So no profit making, no doing others out of deserved tickets just an honest mistake. FWIW I think the system of how they have sold these tickets stinks and some quite deserving people have lost out. I'm sorry if that is the case but its not down to me. Simon.

Fair shout, good luck getting your lad to a game at the start of next season, hope he has a cracking time and stays away from those northern sides!

The mocking of the lesser fans by waving our season tickets at them has been under used this season imo !

Glory hunters bought season tickets for the prem, the rest of us are financially exhausted helping us back up through the leagues :-p

Got my tickets but because im not a season ticket I didn't get tickets where I have been sitting all season par 3 games in the Kingsland north corner so i am now in the chapel but hope there is there some other passionate supports up there otherwise its only going to be us 3 singing, any of you lot in my stand aswell. COYR!!! COYS!!!

Sorry mate,

Seems my innocent comment complete with smiley face to emphasise the jest intended has resulted in you having to justify yourself.