Sunderland vs Saints build up

Glasgow_Saint

According to that 'Saintsfc Cop' on twitter our allocation is only 2,200, don't know how accurate he is.

Nick Whitcher ‏@gangleman 11h

@SaintsfcCop hi, any idea how many we've sold for sunday so far please?

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

SaintsfcCop ‏@SaintsfcCop 6m

@gangleman 1,900 the other day, will get an update on Friday

Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More

10:04 AM - 8 May 13 · Details

nah only posh people in the North keep whippets, working men keep ferrets.

Nah I work in Sunderland. Most places around the city they have bloody horses in there gardens.

Been here over 10 years and still find it the strangest city in the north.

Yep, 2 league goals - one for Tottenham vs Arsenal and one for Sunderland vs Aston Villa.

Rose and Johnson are the kind of players that always do well against us.

No doubt Danny Graham will also break his Sunderland goal duck against us :(

Edited by BlakeySFC

fair play if we do take 2000 up there on a Sunday , quite a difference from when I last went on a Monday night in January 2003 when we won 1-0 and had about 150 fans there.

hard game to call I think, if we play like we did at Spurs and actually take some of our chances I think we'll win but just doesn't seem to be happening for us at the moment so I'm going for a 0-0 draw.

don't think our suspensions will affect us too much with Shaw in for Fox anyway but Sunderland seem to be missing some of their better players , Fletcher , Gardner , Sessegnon who else is out ?

don't think our suspensions will affect us too much with Shaw in for Fox anyway but Sunderland seem to be missing some of their better players , Fletcher , Gardner , Sessegnon who else is out ?

Lee Catermole is out as well but I don't think he counts as a footballer....

Johnson set up the Sunderland goal in the home fixture. Too good a player to write off.

He has quality but shown little of it over the season and that's partly the reasons they are where they are. He's has been very average for most of the season. It's funny the amount of abuse Gaston gets on here yet Johnson has probably been worse for them, cost similar amount, on more wages, yet from what I've seen on the Sunderland forums they don't seem to have a thread slagging him off every week.

He has quality but shown little of it over the season and that's partly the reasons they are where they are. He's has been very average for most of the season. It's funny the amount of abuse Gaston gets on here yet Johnson has probably been worse for them, cost similar amount, on more wages, yet from what I've seen on the Sunderland forums they don't seem to have a thread slagging him off every week.

He's English and therefore "knows the game" or "can put in a good tackle"...

I'm not writing Johnson off, he's a 'good' player, but nothing special. Shaw should be able to deal with him.

Just hope Shaw has learned from Spurs game that you don't, unlees there is plenty of covering midfield players, let the likes of Bale / Johnson cut inside.

Bale is considerably better than Johnson though, and I don't think we would have conceded that goal is Morgan was playing anyway.

Exactly what I said when I saw it, he would have perhaps been there to cover that area, stopping Bale cutting inside as easily.

Anyway, I think theres a great chance to get something here. Sunderland are fairly solid at the back, but with almost all their goal threat gone we can nick this one. Providing we don't let Graham inevitably get his first for Sunderland.

Di Canio compares his team to a small dog.

“The fans give you extra adrenaline. We know what it means to play in front of 40,000 who push for you.

“Even a chiwawa can become a rottweiler!”

Doesn't he know they're Cats.

Di Canio compares his team to a small dog.

“The fans give you extra adrenaline. We know what it means to play in front of 40,000 who push for you.

“Even a chiwawa can become a rottweiler!”

Doesn't he know they're Cats.

Still easy to stamp on a chiwawa even if it thinks it's a rottweiler

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We're very aware that Sunday's game is going to be quite intense. Both teams are playing for more than just three points." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We know that the atmosphere is going to be charged. We are prepared to compete on Sunday." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "We need to be respectful of this season - it hasn't yet finished. We'll have ample time to talk about next season's goals." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "It's very clear that @SAFCofficial have very strong and quick players, as does Southampton." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "Since Paulo di Canio's arrival, he has been able to transmit a very strong character." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "It was a great experience to face Sir Alex Ferguson and to shake his hand. It's something I can tell my great-grandchildren." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP says he will assess how Morgan Schneiderlin and Maya Yoshida are recovering from injury ahead of Sunday's game. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP says Emmanuel Mayuka was in his native Zambia this week following the death of his father but returns to England tomorrow. #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP: "I want to see my deepest condolences to him (Mayuka) and his family on this news. We will assess whether he can travel." #saintsfc

@SouthamptonFC: MP on Paulo di Canio: "We both have fighting spirit, as do our teams. It'll be really nice to meet him." #sainsfc

Edited by Saint Garrett

Mayuka won't be playing...

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport 7m

#Saintsfc Emmanuel Mayuka will return to the UK tomorrow, having travelled to Zambia following the death of his father

That isn't confirmed that he isn't playing.