Sunderland vs Saints build up

Glasgow_Saint

Think it'll be a tight and nervy game to begin with but we'll eventually win 2 -0. Professional performance and goals from Morgan and Lambert and safety depending on other results. COYY!!

We seem to play well in yellow too. Which is irrelevant info.

Think it'll be a tight and nervy game to begin with but we'll eventually win 2 -0. Professional performance and goals from Morgan and Lambert and safety depending on other results. COYY!!

We seem to play well in yellow too. Which is irrelevant info.

We certainly didn't at West Ham!!

This is the game to win.

If we loose this I dread home to Stoke. They will sit back let us press and then hit us on the break just like QPR & WBA did.

If we are loose at the back, we might lose but I don't think that we'll be loose so we won't lose !

Looking forward to the match thread....:scared:

Should be a bundle of laughs...full of predictions of doom if things take a while to go our way

and if they don`t....well...we know how it will be...

Of course if we do well the gloom and despondent crew will disappear...

A song especially for the day?

If your fascist and you know it raise your hand,

If your fascist and you know it raise your hand,

If your fascist and you know and you really want to show it,

If your fascist and you know it raise your hand.

It would be a miracle if Saints get anything at Sunderland. I hope Stoke win tomorrow 4.0 then it will be less pressure on Saints last game, we don't appear to tackle enough to beat Sund or Stoke and need to score more than we let in

Tackling? When did you last watch a game? Tackling as a means of winning back the ball in the modern game has been replaced by a high tempo pressing game, as high up the pitch and as quickly as possible. How many tackles have Barcelona made over the past three seasons? Lots of interceptions but few tackles. That is why Morgan and Jack Cork will be highly sought after this summer, both are very good at this.

I hope we get 4pts from our last 2 games, but to be honest I can see us drawing the next 2. As long as we're safe, I don't give a f*ck about the results. Hopefully finishing above 15th though, as I get a little bit of scratch from a bet for that ;)

----------------BORUC----------------

CLYNE-----FONTE-----MAYA-----SHAW

---------MORGAN-----CORK-----------

LALLANA-------S.DAVIS--------JAYROD

---------------LAMBERT---------------

Subs: K.Davis, Forren, Hooiveld, JWP, Guly, Puncheon, Mayuka

It would be a miracle if Saints get anything at Sunderland. I hope Stoke win tomorrow 4.0 then it will be less pressure on Saints last game, we don't appear to tackle enough to beat Sund or Stoke and need to score more than we let in

You'll have to run that by me again.........

I'd put good money on Danny Graham having a blinder and scoring his first goal for Sunderland. The fact he's been complete toilet since he joined them means he will play out of his skin against us, as per.

Oh sh!t, you've re-awakened a nightmare from about thirty years ago - the 'Ally McCoist factor'.

McCoist had joined Sunderland for a hefty fee as a promising 19year old, he had probably scored one goal all season, when we played them at Roker Park towards the end of the season (81/82 I think when we wre seriously challenging for the title, and Sunderland in a relegation scrap.). We lost 2-0 in a midweek game, Ally McC^nt scored one of them if not both. (Sunderland sold him back to Scotland at the end of the season, from where he started his career again).

Next Saturday, am fearing the worst frankly, as Di Spicable will have them fired up (or facing a firing squad on Sunday morning).

Tackling? When did you last watch a game? Tackling as a means of winning back the ball in the modern game has been replaced by a high tempo pressing game, as high up the pitch and as quickly as possible. How many tackles have Barcelona made over the past three seasons? Lots of interceptions but few tackles. That is why Morgan and Jack Cork will be highly sought after this summer, both are very good at this.

This. That said Nat Clyne is in the top 10 of successful tackles made this season, and Spiderman is near the top of the interceptions table. A lot of things can be aimed at Saints in terms of criticism, but to say that we are poor at tackles or interceptions just shows that some people on here have no idea what they are talking about.

So who are Sunderland missing? Obviously Gardner but do they have suspensions due to yellow cards? Swear they don't count at this point in the season. Hope Larsson is injured too.

Cattermole, Fletcher, Sessengen, Gardner

Is Gardner definitely out? Don't they normally get a week to appeal a red, meaning he would still be eligible for our game? I'm not entirely sure on that rule but I'm sure we've fallen foul of something similar before.

Would be good if they are without Gardner, Fletcher, Cattermole, Sausages and maybe Larsson.

Is Gardner definitely out? Don't they normally get a week to appeal a red, meaning he would still be eligible for our game? I'm not entirely sure on that rule but I'm sure we've fallen foul of something similar before.

Would be good if they are without Gardner, Fletcher, Cattermole, Sausages and Larsson.

Nah, he's out for sure. Although he's pretty ****, so not sure if him missing is actually a blessing for Sunderland.

So Danny Graham is their focus for goals then? Im nervous but would be more so in there shoes as it stands. That and a draw suits us slightly more then them.

A draw should see us safe. It will probably mean that Sunderland have to beat Spurs to overtake us. V.unlikely.

A draw should see us safe. It will probably mean that Sunderland have to beat Spurs to overtake us. V.unlikely.

This but I hope to christ for a win or the Stoke game will be far too tense to enjoy, would hate to have to spend the day begging for a villa win etc ...

We could be safe before the Stoke game kicks off even if we lose or draw with Sunderland.

Could yes but equally things could all go pete tong and we could find ourselves at the edge of a cliff during the stoke game.

Now dont get me wrong I still fancy us to stay up and our fate is v much in our hands but the nerves aint half there, I understand you'r more optimistic/realistic then some but even you must be feeling the nerves ahead of the next couple of weeks? ;)

This but I hope to christ for a win or the Stoke game will be far too tense to enjoy, would hate to have to spend the day begging for a villa win etc ...

A win now 100% guarantees safety.

A draw is fine though.

As long as it's level-pegging, I'm happy to make a "no more goals" prayer.