Cortese to stay

Saint Garrett

Youve been spot on all the way..... You've taken some abuse along the way from the normal SWF bully boys but you have acted with class and diginity throughout

I haven't taken any abuse from anyone I respect :)

For the record though, I'd still like to continue with my default position of "knows f**k all about football".

Iam surprised that Katerina's name has been brought into the open. I wish they had not , as now the dinlos who put threads out asking how to contact the owners will have a bit more info to focus on.

Great news about NC though. he can feel loved again.

Well, this is definately good news, anyone who wasnt a wum or up the *rse of some disgruntled ex players (or both) sees Nic as a vital part of our club.

And we now know who the owner is.

I was worried at the start, but heard rumblings it was just posturing and that key members weren't worried.

Onwards and upwards please

What brilliant news as a precursor to the Stoke game. Let us hope we can clap the team in a lap of honour as they have requested. We can boo Kenwyn Jones with gusto and give a good round of applause for Crouchie and Michael Owen if they play..

What brilliant news as a precursor to the Stoke game. Let us hope we can clap the team in a lap of honour as they have requested. We can boo Kenwyn Jones with gusto and give a good round of applause for Crouchie and Michael Owen if they play..

Crouch can **** off

Very good news, but it was always a clever bit of brinkmanship really. I'm sure both parties both had their plans, so it's nice for them to bang their heads together and come to an amicable continuation of what has been a incredibly succesfull reign.

I'd imagine the ''plans'' include finance to extend the stadium (but, let's not get into that debate on here). And I think we should all start to become very excited by the calibre of players we will be signing this summer. I don't think we need many, but I have a feeling we'll break our transfer record again on someone we shouldn't have any right to sign.

Welcome news but the statement leaves me wanting to know more.

“..plans for the Club's continued development.”

“..ambitious plans for the Club..”

“...talks about long term strategy.”

I would like to hear more of these plans for the club as it's the club I'm interested in.

“The last few days have shown me the unity that we now have across the Club in the players, the First Team Manager, the staff and the Chairmanship which normally takes years to achieve. I have always believed that to create this unity would make us a very strong Club and it is a unity of which I am unashamedly proud."

This is an interesting comment from someone who is often seen as divisive. Whether by accident or design, the omission from this statement of any mention of the fans (or customers if preferred) is telling.

The poll asked people to vote on whether they wanted Cortese to stay or go. You voted that you wanted him to go. Therefore it looks a bit odd if you now profess no disappointment that he is staying.

I always said under the right circumstances I would like him to leave. As I never thought he was going to leave I'm not disappointed that he is staying (as I never thought he was going to leave.)

Welcome news but the statement leaves me wanting to know more.

“..plans for the Club's continued development.”

“..ambitious plans for the Club..”

“...talks about long term strategy.”

I would like to hear more of these plans for the club as it's the club I'm interested in.

“The last few days have shown me the unity that we now have across the Club in the players, the First Team Manager, the staff and the Chairmanship which normally takes years to achieve. I have always believed that to create this unity would make us a very strong Club and it is a unity of which I am unashamedly proud."

This is an interesting comment from someone who is often seen as divisive. Whether by accident or design, the omission from this statement of any mention of the fans (or customers if preferred) is telling.

Or local suppliers. Or club legends...

I haven't spoken to him for a while. He isn't a personal friend. I'll probably talk to him next season.

Cheers pal, I'm sure you will get some good snippets to share.

Everything he has told you has come true so far!

Cheers pal, I'm sure you will get some good snippets to share.

Everything he has told you has come true so far!

He never made any predictions so there is nothing that has been wrong so far. A lot more interesting person to talk to than the usual people I sit next to at a game.

I didn't intend to post but thought I would react to this persons moronic post. I can only talk for myself and I am not at all disappointed. The expressions of loyalty in the past day or so from players and manager have been interesting and on the face of it good news. Also short term I am sure it is good news, so actually I am pleased.

I am not sure my reasons for voting against Cortese are required on this thank fully good news thread other than to be about my misgivings regarding the character of the man in question. Unfortunately only time will reveal if they are correct or not. I for one hope that this feeling I have about him are totally wrong!

Stop trolling ffs !

I always said under the right circumstances I would like him to leave. As I never thought he was going to leave I'm not disappointed that he is staying (as I never thought he was going to leave.)

But as far as I'm aware, you never stated what those right circumstances were. Egg all over your face.

But as far as I'm aware, you never stated what those right circumstances were. Egg all over your face.

If there is someone available who can do a similar job re the business side of the club without all the nonsense with the pr gaffes etc then that will be the right time. I would only be disappointed if I thought there was ever any chance that he was going to leave. I didn't.

"We are now in a position to move forward with our ambitious plans for the Club". Nicola Cortese, 18th May 2013

And this is Cortese's ambition for the club...

southamptontraining3dre.jpg

;)

I'd like to hear something a bit more concrete about the future plans that were meant to be the issue with the owner this past week rather than these pie in the sky CGIs.

He did -the availability of any half decent CEO who, in other words, are two a penny :facepalm:

here is a skate view

It will all end in tears. I said just before our relegation was confirmed that, while Brighton and the scummers appeared to be riding high, our community takeover heralded the point at which we started on an upward path and their demise began.

The scummers will overreach themselves, if they have not done so already, and Brighton appear to have gambled the family silver on promotion and missed out.

We will emerge stronger than anyone in this part of the world, equipped for the new world of financial fair play with a sustainable business model and a bigger fan base than either of our neighbouring non-football towns.

Although I've seen those pictures many times (MLG posts them at every opportunity), I still don't know what that horrible brown lump of a building next to the stadium is meant to be.

Anyone?

I think, media centre, offices and megastore??

Although I've seen those pictures many times, I still don't know what that horrible brown lump of a building next to the stadium is meant to be.

Anyone?

AFL architects who are working for Saints on the St Mary's and Staplewood training ground also did this at Edgebasten cricket ground...

Edgbaston9_1.jpg

With roof cut away...

captureen.jpg

It is a banqueting suite, so maybe something similar at St Mary's perhaps. The St Mary's one looks bigger so probably has lots of things inside.

Pompey Online can cancel its 'Scummers Takeover Saga' thread...

At this moment in time Cortese's power over the club is unquestioned. He has the backing of the owner, his choices occupy every single key position in the administrative hierarchy (playing and non-playing), and he's had the guts to replace two popular managers. The latest incumbent in the manager's chair has gone so far as to pledge his personal loyalty to him as well. Despite fleeting bursts of unpopularity with fans in the wake of the managerial changes, Cortese has managed to achieve a 95 per cent approval rating in a reasonably representative poll. It appears, therefore, that by any virtually any measure, he is doing a good job.

So what's been learnt from this mini-episode? It's now fairly obvious that the fans' biggest contribution at the moment is as matchday noise machines. Yes, we bring money into the club through buying tickets and merchandise and in the long-term we remain the real custodians, but this season has been all about making sure that we're part of payout one in the biggest dosh-fest in football history, and this week has been all about making sure that the long-term financial backing remains. We, the people who agonise about these things, are small fry. Welcome to modern football, for better or worse.

Although it's a bit 'panem et circenses', a win tomorrow and we'll be heading into a post-season with a good finishing position, a settled squad, a manager who is doing fairly well, an owner who is committed and fans who are turning up because they are enjoying what they see. Right now, Cortese's judgement has been vindicated (I don't particularly want to see what a bad error would look like) and we're in as good a state as we have been in near-on thirty years. Long may this era continue.