We know who she is

We know who she is

We know who she is .... finally!

She is Katherina

She helps when she wants

She is Saints forever

Just like her father!

or something like that??

I wonder how much of this week was a way to show Katerina that the fans were fully behind Cortese after some minor bad press stories, this week has certainly shown the Club that the vast majority of fans have give Cortese a massive vote of confidence. Now that it is all sorted let's push on and have a great pre-season.

Good news. Better still the talks were done quickly and are out of the way. Hopefully NC gained some financial backing to build the team this summer to kick on. I cant fault Cortese's ambition.

Glad this rubbish is out of the way before pre-season.

Now lets go marching on.

I Told you all that this is a non-story:

Get a grip Barry, nothing's even happened yet.

It's all conjecture and speculation.

Another non-story.

Interesting how the BBC have used Morgan's words during this morning's press conference totally out of context.

And people call ME a WUM!!! :lol: :lol:

mainly because of your staunch refusal to accept the fact that we wouldn't go down when on 39 points already and that Wigan are not a super team capable of beating CL chasing Arsenal at home.

At least I didn't slit my wrists in the bath over what a couple of Journo's said :lol:

I said it was a non-story, I said everyone was making up absolute bull-s**t in the 'Cortese considering his position thread' and I was right.

What makes me laugh the most is perhaps how seriously people took that Alan Brazil Talksport Interview yesterday 'It's going to be a very worrying Summer for Southampton fans' :lol: and everyone was jumping off the Itchen Bridge :lol:

Lazy tabloid sh*te

At least I didn't slit my wrists in the bath over what a couple of Journo's said :lol:

I said it was a non-story, I said everyone was making up absolute bull-s**t in the 'Cortese considering his position thread' and I was right.

What makes me laugh the most is perhaps how seriously people took that Alan Brazil Talksport Interview yesterday 'It's going to be a very worrying Summer for Southampton fans' :lol: and everyone was jumping off the Itchen Bridge :lol:

Lazy tabloid sh*te

Except, of course, it wasn't made up. It was Cortese briefing his chums in the press, who duly ramped up the fear in the fanbase.

Except, of course, it wasn't made up. It was Cortese briefing his chums in the press, who duly ramped up the fear in the fanbase.

For the past 2 years we have been told that Cortese is a PR disaster, the press hate him and this reflects badly on the club. Funny how things change.

For the past 2 years we have been told that Cortese is a PR disaster, the press hate him and this reflects badly on the club. Funny how things change.

Yes, because the last few days have been an absolute PR masterclass.

Jesus.

Christ, I think some people have a strange idea of what "good PR" is.

Cortese got his way and got the guarantees he was after, fair play to him for that. But to claim the club looked good off the back of it is daft. Good PR would have been being able to sort this out behind closed doors and then make a public announcement, rather than doing our dirty washing in public and showing a potential fragility to the backbone of the club.

Christ, I think some people have a strange idea of what "good PR" is.

Cortese got his way and got the guarantees he was after, fair play to him for that. But to claim the club looked good off the back of it is daft. Good PR would have been being able to sort this out behind closed doors and then make a public announcement, rather than doing our dirty washing in public and showing a potential fragility to the backbone of the club.

Generally PR isn't something done behind closed doors - that kind of defeats the object. The point of the exercise wasn't just the end result i.e. "the statement".

Generally PR isn't something done behind closed doors - that kind of defeats the object.

Uh, yes; that's kind of why I said get it done and then make a public announcement.

The point of the exercise wasn't just the end result i.e. "the statement".

So apart from the end result of announcing who our owner is and that they are firmly behind our future plans, what was the point of the exercise? To exert pressure on the owners? To reaffirm the control the CEO has? If its those, I'm still left wondering how it's good PR to do all that in public rather than behind the scenes and then presenting a common goal and strength of partnership with a joint announcement to the public.

I for one was one who voted against Cortese in the poll but after I voted I had a rethink and decided that despite his lack of charisma at times along with the abilty to upset some, he has in all honesty so far achieved what he said he would.

I've realised that I don't have to personally like the guy to appreciate what he has so far done for our club. With this in mind I am pleased he is staying and looking forward to the future and hopefully exciting times ahead.

It has indeed, well spotted.

Has it? A few days of significant fan uncertainty about the future of the chief exec, the manager, and key players. Brilliant PR. Quite, quite brilliant.

Good point. It's has. Got majority of the mongboards 93% stood square behind him.

Yeah, a week ago it was, what, 70% anti-Cortese. Thank god he threatened to walk, and the manager threatened to walk. Obviously that, and that alone, bumped it to 93%. Brilliant PR.

It real has been....

Really, no.

Generally PR isn't something done behind closed doors - that kind of defeats the object. The point of the exercise wasn't just the end result i.e. "the statement".

You could even speculate that the Liebherr trust was in it from the start. Maybe Cortese has had difficulty pursuading some top level targets (and agents) of our ambition and financial backing. To raise the profile of what we intend to do, what about a public spat from Cortese stating unless the owners back his plans then he's off, followed a few days later by a statement that essentially they back his vision of what we should be.

Could of course also be utter tripe, but not a complete impossibility IMO.

Caused a stir on Sky Sports News. certaiinly a change from Man U, Man City Liverpool & Tottenham all the time. Good PR me thinks. whichever way one looks at it. You only remember the club not the content.

I assume if people think this is good PR, they'll be all up for a new strategy of negotiating new contracts with our players by doing it all publicly, registering concern that the players' wage demands may not match the club's, leeting slip other such unsettling leaks and then patch it all up with one of the nice pictures of MP, player and new watch.

Apparently doing it behind closed doors and then making an announcement to the press is not the way to do these sort of things.

What was it then? I'll plump up a cushion while you make some sh it up. Fire away.

Most people are intelligent enough to work that out for themselves. What I will tell you what though, is that has been bloody hilarious today seeing you and your ilk's reaction - thank you for the entertainment.

Together as one x

I assume if people think this is good PR, they'll be all up for a new strategy of negotiating new contracts with our players by doing it all publicly, registering concern that the players' wage demands may not match the club's, leeting slip other such unsettling leaks and then patch it all up with one of the nice pictures of MP, player and new watch.

I was going to post something similar.

We really co cked up Morgan's contract extension.

He should have threatened to quit because the club "don't match his ambitions", got his agent on the radio and SSN to hawk him round the Champions League clubs, got a few players to say how terrible it would be if he left, issued a few "come and get me" pleas in The Sun, let it all drag on for about ten days, made sure the topic completely dominated the build up to a key game, issue an ultimatum, and then signed for us anyway.

That would have been much better PR for us. Much better PR. After all, whats the point of doing it all behind closed doors? And great to be on the telly loads too. Its the club they remember, not the content.

Edited by CB Fry

He should have threatened to quit because the club "don't match his ambitions", got his agent on the radio and SSN to hawk him round the Champions League clubs, got a few players to say how terrible it would be if he left, issued a few "come and get me" pleas in The Sun, let it all drag on for about ten days, made sure the topic completely dominated the build up to a key game, issue an ultimatum, and then signed for us anyway.

That would have been much better PR for us. Much better PR. After all, whats the point of doing it all behind closed doors? And great to be on the telly loads too. Its the club they remember, not the content.

The idea that its utterly brilliant that the club do everything behind closed doors and not in public is obviously a bit more selective than first thought.

Most people are intelligent enough to work that out for themselves. What I will tell you what though, is that has been bloody hilarious today seeing you and your ilk's reaction - thank you for the entertainment.

Together as one x

Of course. You have no explanation apart from "Cortese did it so it was brilliant."

A simple announcement about future plans with the Leibherrs is nowhere near as good as three days of media bullshi t.

Of course not.

Ay yay yay yay. Katharina Liebherr we love you.

You stepped right in, to save Nicola's skin.

Now everyone's in for a pasting,

Onwards and upwards we go, with Markus's dough.

And everyone's happy and clapping

Europe will know, as Saints grow and grow.

Your daddy and you are both really smashing.

Not necessarily analogous are they? In Morgan's case, perhaps, the feelers were put out early by the club and he wasn't left in the dark. Granted Cortese might have been stomping his little platform feet to get his way. But his behaviour may have been a natural response to the uncertainty hanging over his future. Not as if players don't use the press when they're unsure of similar things.

Not necessarily analogous are they? In Morgan's case, perhaps, the feelers were put out early by the club and he wasn't left in the dark. Granted Cortese might have been stomping his little platform feet to get his way. But his behaviour may have been a natural response to the uncertainty hanging over his future. Not as if players don't use the press when they're unsure of similar things.

You do realise there are people on here saying that the Leibherrs were "in on it" the whole time and it was all a PR masterplan?

In my Morgan example he wasn't not going to sign. The ten days of uncertainty would have been planned by the club as brilliant PR.

Ask Katalanic why it is better to have a mediash it storm rather than a simple agreement/announcement. He knows. He's, like, intelligent.

Edited by CB Fry

I Told you all that this is a non-story:

But it is a massive story.

Cortese is not just the stone-hearted businessman-dictator that most believe (perhaps with some reason). He has shown that he really believes in the club. He is committing himself to the future of the club. He could have driven away in his Ferrari but he hasn't. He has convinced Katherina that SFC is a viable business with a future. Had he not, the situation for us could have been in the balance (and a lot of us were worried).

That is the story. We have to show our appreciation on Sunday. After a long and successful season, let's see him smile. Because he is a Saint at heart.

You do realise there are people on here saying that the Leibherrs were "in on it" the whole time and it was all a PR masterplan?

In my Morgan example he wasn't not going to sign. The ten days of uncertainty would have been planned by the club as brilliant PR.

Ask Katalanic why it is better to have a mediash it storm rather than a simple agreement/announcement. He knows. He's, like, intelligent.

One person has said that the liebherrs were in on it. One.

A few are saying it was well played by Cortese.

Most are just happy to get back to football.

Well they put the m into the mboard.

If you believe the press, the Liebherrs hadn't signalled their plans to Cortese, causing uncertainty and confusion. Pretty sure that with most of our players, lines of communication are opened early and each party knows where they stand, minimising any need to air things in public.

In other words, using the media is a defensive measure. In other contexts, its pretty distasteful and often counterproductive.

As I don't wanna go out for a drink with the guy I couldn't give a flying f*** about his charisma. What I do want is someone that can take this club forward without doing a Pimpey and thus far he's doing it, no matter how ruthless he might be. You wanna nice guy chairman suggest you try Wigan who are where exactly...................................................