Cortese to stay

Saint Garrett

Never really a panic, only by those having knee jerk reactions based on very little fact. Hell! one even posted a picture of a 'humble' pie, for all us 'happy clappers' to indulge in, no doubt he has scoffed the lot, but don't hold you breath, that he will be on to say how wrong he was, the tiresome bore.

It is good news. I didn't ever think he was in danger of leaving, but IMO the statement on the club's site is very carefully worded. Makes me think Il Duce has to tread on eggshells around Ms Leibherr, but I guess the family aren't as on side as ML was

I wonder if that journal feels like he's been played? Or maybe he was part of the game all along? Not looking like a long uncomfortable summer now.

Hmm yes it was only yesterday he said that it would be an uncomfortable summer didn't he! This is why we shouldn't take anything in the press too seriously all the time!

@BenSmithBBC: A deal was struck in Zurich on Friday after a week of talks between Cortese and #saintsfc owner Katharina Liebherr.

@dankiz1: @BenSmithBBC thanks Ben, appreciate top updates mate

@BenSmithBBC: @dankiz1 pleasure. If I was a #SaintsFC fan I'd be very excited.

@BenSmithBBC: A deal was struck in Zurich on Friday after a week of talks between Cortese and #saintsfc owner Katharina Liebherr.

Cortese wasn't in Zurich on Tuesday evening though was he. Perhaps he has a private jet now.

So something I was told yesterday, from someone who's mates with someone, who's best mates with a Saints player, turned out to be actually true! Happy days.

Nice one. Could you now ask them what the new kit looks like and what signings we've got lined up. Cheers! :)

I wonder if that journal feels like he's been played? Or maybe he was part of the game all along? Not looking like a long uncomfortable summer now.

Nah, everyone's a winner. The journo get his name out there, NC gets an increase in his personal rating, we get a warm fuzzy feeling.

I smell transfer funds, lots of em!

Now let's sign some damn good players!!

Great news. A real relief after a few nail-biting days, but I was reasonably confident that it would all be resolved satisfactorily.

For all those who worried that the uncertainty would affect our chances of buying the best players in the summer, the clarification of the support from Katharina Liebherr actually makes that position better than it was.

We're long on speculation and short on facts yet again, but if I were the owner of a significant business then I'm not so sure I'd appreciate seeing an employee of mine so publicly employ 'strong arm' tactics against me. This kind of thing is not conducive to harmonious long term relationships - not that Don Cortese has ever been overly concerned about that.

But at least we appear back on a even keel for now, so back to football ...

We're long on speculation and short on facts yet again, but if I were the owner of a significant business then I'm not so sure I'd appreciate seeing an employee of mine so publicly employ 'strong arm' tactics against me. This kind of thing is not conducive to harmonious long term relationships - not that Don Cortese has never been overly concerned about that.

But at least we appear back on a even keel for now, so back to football ...

Depends what cards Nicola had in his hand though, we still don't know if he has a trump card like " It's what your Dad wanted, here it is written on a a bit of paper"

He pulled a Wayne Rooney.

I expect that you'll be relieved that you won't have to be so imaginative for a while when it comes to conjecture about power game politics at the club, subtle nuances in everything suggested by journos and rumours put about by friends of the club's cleaner's next door neighbour.