The how much will we spend in the summer thread

Avenue Saint

Does what it says on the tin!

I'm saying £40m...

a more modest 22 million £ for me. 8 for a striker/winger, 10 for a CB and 4 for a decent replacement LB, that's it. Mind you think we'll get a couple of frees in if there is any quality available for just signing on fee so could be even less.

I'm afraid if we are serious about kicking on then corks 0 goals isn't enough and we need someone a bit better.

So what's your answer?

If that V fellas to be believed its gonna be a lot. I think most agree we need players for 4/5 positions so IMO around 40 to 50 mill.

I'm afraid if we are serious about kicking on then corks 0 goals isn't enough and we need someone a bit better.

I'd be more worried about Lallana and Gaston's total of just 8 than I would about a zero from a ball recoverer who's also had a turn at right back a couple of times.

We are the 8th highest scorers in the league. It isn't Cork's role to get into scoring positions very often, he has played a key part in reducing the number of goals conceded.

I think around £30-£40m

with a view to adding 1 more in January

Like to think a top Centre back will come in

as well as a top centre midfielder

maybe a top loan like lukaku

there is bound to be a decent freebee going

I think around £30-£40m

with a view to adding 1 more in January

Like to think a top Centre back will come in

as well as a top centre midfielder

maybe a top loan like lukaku

there is bound to be a decent freebee going

we alrready have 2 top CMs with Davis and JWP, a top CM in the making, in reserve. If there's one position I don't think we'll be reinforcing it's CM.... AM yes CM no.

I would expect us to spend a fair bit, NC will be expecting to move up at least one level next season (8th-12th), he might even be considering a double jump up to 5th-8th. He will have seen we have a decent enough starting XI, very little depth or cover, and we very are short on the top top quality players, the players that will make a difference in the tight games.

He has resolved his differences and appears to have got his 'ambitious' plans signed off, we have now secured the 'new' PL finances (which overall are likely to push transfer fees even higher), I could see us spending £30m-plus quite easily.

we alrready have 2 top CMs with Davis and JWP, a top CM in the making, in reserve. If there's one position I don't think we'll be reinforcing it's CM.... AM yes CM no.

I'd like a CM that can do what Morgan does, Jack just doesn't score at all and whilst he is vital to the progress we made this season that was primarily because our lack of depth meant he improved the team immeasurable as soon as he came in. He's a solid midfielder but not a top one neither is davis.

If we are striving to improve towards european contention then we have to improve the team no matter how we feel and I would get a goal scoring replacement for what jack does and know we can rotate this new guy as a starter with both Jack and Morgan through the season with davis/jwp off the bench.

I would expect us to spend a fair bit, NC will be expecting to move up at least one level next season (8th-12th), he might even be considering a double jump up to 5th-8th. He will have seen we have a decent enough starting XI, very little depth or cover, and we very are short on the top top quality players, the players that will make a difference in the tight games.

He has resolved his differences and appears to have got his 'ambitious' plans signed off, we have now secured the 'new' PL finances (which overall are likely to push transfer fees even higher), I could see us spending £30m-plus quite easily.

My wish list on the HCDTJFU thread for 3 positions = 43 million Euro's or 1 Lucas Morua or 36.3 million pounds

All Prem teams will spend more because of the new TV deal. A little more than 50m I reckon.

How would you break down 'more than 50m'?

20-20-10?

25-15-5-5?

20-15-10-5?

Seems an awful lot of money? Can we get 20+ players to Saints with no European football to offer?

I said 30+, maybe something like 18-8-5-4 and maybe one or two 'frees' (who aren't really 'free' at all)... ?

I feel like these threads may end up being a daily occurrence for the next month and given we never disclose fees I imagine we'll always be guessing however I would assume around £30m on three players to immediately improve the team, whilst the first team squad will see plenty leave and their places taken by youngsters. And lets not forget the increase on the wage bill that 3 x £10m players will bring - an estimate of 50k+ a week means an extra £7m+ a year in wages.

I feel like these threads may end up being a daily occurrence for the next month and given we never disclose fees I imagine we'll always be guessing however I would assume around £30m on three players to immediately improve the team' date=' whilst the first team squad will see plenty leave and their places taken by youngsters. And lets not forget the increase on the wage bill that 3 x £10m players will bring - an estimate of 50k+ a week means an extra £7m+ a year in wages.[/quote']

bet we have dead wood costing us a large part 7 million per annum in salaries. For all we know we could be subsidising Hammond and Sharp and we have De Ridders and Chaplows all over the place. Blokes who have contributed nothing to our campaign this year except collect no doubt very generous salaries, oh and be abysmal in the FA Cup..

Don't forget that purchases will be offset by sales.

£2m for Sharp for a start. A lot of our squad will be released as well. Tommy Nofingers has already gone, but we'll have to sign a like for like replacement. Luckily he's been lined up.

imagepng

(not the one in black).

£2m for Sharp for a start. A lot of our squad will be released as well. Tommy Nofingers has already gone, but we'll have to sign a like for like replacement. Luckily he's been lined up.

imagepng

(not the one in black).

you would think that a few of these wont be saints players come 31/8

Lee

Fox

Chaplow

De Ridder

Hammond

Sharp

Barnard

Forte

Richardson

Dickson

Hooiveld - maybe

butterfield

How would you break down 'more than 50m'?

20-20-10?

25-15-5-5?

20-15-10-5?

Seems an awful lot of money? Can we get 20+ players to Saints with no European football to offer?

I said 30+, maybe something like 18-8-5-4 and maybe one or two 'frees' (who aren't really 'free' at all)... ?

Laudrup today saying Swansea will sign 5-7 if they keep their squad and then more if they lose anyone. Could easily see us getting 5 or 6 in total.

If we are as ambitious as we say then we will need to spend to get up the league. If other teams also spend 30m then you would net out. We will need to outspend a lot of teams to push up 5 places at least. Plus of course sign the right players.

We spend 30m last summer and will spend more this. Perhaps not 50m but with wages combined we will spend big IMO.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Cork is a defensive midfielder you muppet, as much as I agree I would sign someone of equal quality to provide competition here. The one real signing I want is a decent top level striker to lead the line and change games.

We will spend about 40m

imagepng

(not the one in black).

Indeed and i think we'll sell Ramirez for 10-12m so that'll recoup some of what we spend, we'll also get a lot of second tier players off the books which ought to bring in 5m odd (Sharp, Chaplow, Fox etc)

Indeed and i think we'll sell Ramirez for 10-12m so that'll recoup some of what we spend, we'll also get a lot of second tier players off the books which ought to bring in 5m odd (Sharp, Chaplow, Fox etc)

I see that Dickson isn't playing for Bradford today, why is that, injury ? I know he's out of contract with us anyway but thought he'd be a regular at Bradford.

Seems a bit crass debating this but I felt before the recent "negotiations" that we would look to kick on and spend about £60m this summer.

I think 6 more players at an average cost of £10m.

I would bring in 2 center backs, another top quality DM - Wanyama would be awesome, another AM to rival Ramirez, 2 wingers (Lens for one and another from Spain / S. America or even Scott Sinclair) and finally a top quality striker to give us a different dimension.

So that's is seven - maybe with our newfound financial support we can even spend £70m.

In any case we are in for an exciting summer and I hope that we are able to get our players in early as stated by MP.

Then we can really start to salivate about our team for next season!!

Seems a bit crass debating this but I felt before the recent "negotiations" that we would look to kick on and spend about £60m this summer.

I think 6 more players at an average cost of £10m.

I would bring in 2 center backs, another top quality DM - Wanyama would be awesome, another AM to rival Ramirez, 2 wingers (Lens for one and another from Spain / S. America or even Scott Sinclair) and finally a top quality striker to give us a different dimension.

So that's is seven - maybe with our newfound financial support we can even spend £70m.

In any case we are in for an exciting summer and I hope that we are able to get our players in early as stated by MP.

Then we can really start to salivate about our team for next season!!

I think there are going to be some seriously disappointed punters around here in 6 weeks or so's time...And then it will all kick off again...not enough signings blah blah blah. I doubt that there is any new found financial support, just whatever was planned in the first place and we probably get to invest all that we make from our next 2 or 3 PL seasons in the team and facilities.........

The players we sign will probably be low cost (6/8 million) high rewards, players who are nearly out of contract or have fixed buy out clauses in their contracts who are keen to play for us and buy into the project accepting good reward for success achieved when it's actually achieved.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Let's not fall in to the trap of thinking ALL the extra TV revenue was available for transfer fees. If it was everyone would be splashing the cash. Just looking at the Samba deal. That wasn't a £12m signing, that was a £35m signing, not including agents fees etc.

I would be surprised if our net spend was more than £30m again this summer.

What are our goals?

If they are to get into the European places then we have to spend as much as Everton, Liverpool and Spurs at least to get our squad up to their level, to improve it and beyond will take millions, just look at their benches.

So £40-50 millions (wages double that) is probably needed, will we get that and have the Liebherrs and Cortese factions happy? Time and results will tell.

As seen big signings can be massives failures and smaller ones brilliant bits of business (Davis).

I hope that at the end of the transfer window you will be denying that you ever said the aim was to spend £300M-£500M and this was just the club's ambition.

I didn't say it. People are just making it up and lying as part of some silly trolling game.

I see that Dickson isn't playing for Bradford today, why is that, injury ? I know he's out of contract with us anyway but thought he'd be a regular at Bradford.

Only made 5 league appearances, has not been involved for some time now, not sure if he was injured or just not good enough.

Only made 5 league appearances, has not been involved for some time now, not sure if he was injured or just not good enough.

He was injured in February, required an operation on his ankle and was ruled out for the rest of the season.

I think there are going to be some seriously disappointed punters around here in 6 weeks or so's time...And then it will all kick off again...not enough signings blah blah blah. I doubt that there is any new found financial support, just whatever was planned in the first place and we probably get to invest all that we make from our next 2 or 3 PL seasons in the team and facilities.........

The players we sign will probably be low cost (6/8 million) high rewards, players who are nearly out of contract or have fixed buy out clauses in their contracts who are keen to play for us and buy into the project accepting good reward for success achieved when it's actually achieved.

It is my opinion, optimistic you may think, but I am entitled to it.

One thing is for sure I wont be on here moaning if it doesn't happen.

Now is the time of the optimist - get used to it, or better yet, hop onboard and enjoy the ride.

£40-£50 million, some early some late. I expect the new CB/CBs to come in early but the more exciting players will come later.

This weeks events (or non events as it turned out to be make me more confident than ever about next year. It's happening, enjoy it!

Actually disagree with you on that. Cork & Morgan are great DM's BUT Davis & JWP play their best football forward of those positions. In fact we improved when Cork came in but also that meant Davis no longer played so deep.

IMHO we DO need cover there, and in the new mantra that will mean someone better than Morgan & Cork.

It isn't a PRIORITY (CB Striker Wide Player FB cover) but it should be on the wish list