Éver Banega

Glasgow_Saint

hard to assess him in that game as there were so many great performances from Swansea that caught the eye instead. He seemed to play pretty deep, but didn't get hold of the game in any way. They (Swansea) are a hell of a team considering the money spent. I really enjoy watching them play - all that possession, but with fast no nonsense forward passing when they get the chance to break.

hard to assess him in that game as there were so many great performances from Swansea that caught the eye instead. He seemed to play pretty deep, but didn't get hold of the game in any way. They (Swansea) are a hell of a team considering the money spent. I really enjoy watching them play - all that possession, but with fast no nonsense forward passing when they get the chance to break.

Laudrup very astute tactically.

• 1 month later...

I just loved the headline "

Man Utd, Arsenal and Southampton on alert for unsettled Argentine midfielder Ever Banega"

Should we get used to the idea of being in the same headline as these clubs without any sort inaudible derisive laughter from the reporter responsible?

both of whom looked distinctly average against Cardiff. If a were a wagering man I might even dob a couple of bob on Swansea to be relegated this season, bubble has burst, whether that's because of the Europa league fixtures I just couldn't say.

Thats briilant! Find out what the bookies will give you and ill double it!! Happy to take your £'s

• 2 months later...

But, he can come here and discuss the world's problems in his mother tongue with his very own boyhood hero in the refined surroundings of the New Forest, or he can go 'oop north' and be yelled at in Moyes sweatyjock lingo that even we can't understand, let alone some bloke from Argentina. This is surely a no contest, which we must win? ... :)

• 3 weeks later...
not looking so clear cut eh?

You realise that was in response to Windows' prediction of Swansea being relegated? Nowt to do with Banega.

I might even dob a couple of bob on Swansea to be relegated this season, bubble has burst

Thats briilant! Find out what the bookies will give you and ill double it!! Happy to take your £'s

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd resurrect this old thread as if Lallana left I think Banega would be exactly the quality of player we should be looking at. Even if Lallana stays, I think Banega could add an extra dimension to the squad.

However, it looks like Sunderland could be about to sign him, which is quite a shock! Surely if they can afford him, we should be throwing in some interested remarks to agents, etc. to make sure he doesn't sign for them before we have appointed a new manager just in case the new manager also thinks he is the sort of player we should sign?!!

Links here: http://talksport.com/football/sunderland-closing-ps8m-deal-valencia-midfielder-14060293943#pCYDIK29kOTp0UXs.99

PS Surprised to note that he didn't make the Argentina squad - I wonder if he now regrets that he didn't sign for us last year!